Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked (25761 Views)

How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? / Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support / Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Gkay1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Overfamilarity can make u to lose respect and dignity

1 Like

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Keme4Real(f): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2023
So who stole the chicken bros

1 Like

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by hitekk: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2023
All these that you posted here is not necessary, don't you think that some of your staff will be reading this and may decifer who is behind the keyboard?

1 Like

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Davicjoe(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
chicken republic i guess

1 Like

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BoldBrainz(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
fafambo:
Staff not staffs,

"Staffs" is a valid plural for "Staff". A writer or speaker is allowed to use either of both in discretionary circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BoldBrainz(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
And why is chicken theft even making the front page?

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BoldBrainz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
Obavoh:
Learn how to express yourself in simple and comprehensive English for others to read.

T FOR THANKS.

You can't achieve "simple" and "comprehensive" as a grammatical endpoint, under any guise. Comprehensive is a contradictory concept to simplicity.

So it's confusing how you expect the young man to achieve comprehensive writeups while still keeping it simple.

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by TheAlchemist: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2023
Was it Justrite at jakande gate bustop Ejigbo, I bought 3 pieces of chicken pie, not a shred of chicken in any of the pies. Someone in the store is stealing the chicken, meant for their customers.

2 Likes

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
Been myself. At a point, I observed that I was gossipped so much that almost everyone deserted me but i never minded them.

I EXPRIENCE THIS ALOT IN MY OFFICE BUT I NOW SEND ANYBODY MASSAGE.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Multiversed: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2023
So how did the Chickens got missing?
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Onpoint1010: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
hitekk:
All these that you posted here is not necessary, don't you think that some of your staff will be reading this and may decifer who is behind the keyboard?

I can't tell if any of them is here or not. For them figuring out that I'm the one behind the keyboard well, I won't be beaten for that.
For now I'm just consigned about self discovery.

And perhaps if you are a staff there, you should know that I've resigned for an Indian Firm.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Xkale1996(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
Onpoint1010:
I posted a thread earlier on about how the manager of the place I work made securities god over staffs.
Like I pointed out in that thread, I'm not totally against the securities coming into the store however, I'm against them having too much access to it; they iron cloths, charge devices both their own and that of their friends, they open fridges and dip their hands even when am not there and to make matters worst, they do not assist me in carrying goods when it arrive.
Well, some events took place last month.

1. 15 Whole chicken got lost in the store and I was asked to replace.

2. The manager was given work on hold letter and a new manager was brought.
a. Security guys now wear their uniform and also stuck in as opposed to flying their uniform when the other manager was around.
b. No more ironing in my office
c. The security guys and I are now in talking terms.
d. Restriction of staffs to the store now enforced although I still let them in for brief rest.

In all, I observe few things in the branch

1. You won't be respected without muscle and if you are not from the area. This especially on the manager and I.

2. Gang up among the staffs against the manager. Manager cannot say this is my with ness for wrong done by any staff, they'll deny.

3. Manager wasn't in good terms with people at the head office. I believe that led to his sack.

4. Sometimes, hitting is better than romancing as you'll more be feared.

5. Been myself. At a point, I observed that I was gossipped so much that almost everyone deserted me but i never minded them.

Las las, be in good working relation with all staffs.

Do your things right or join the clique.

The guy in the chicken department told me not to worry that he will cover it for me. He said he has stolen and sold one part of chicken before and has stopped after that one time.

I just told him not to bother.

Thanks for your encouragement.
becareful with that guy that stole the chicken o

One day one day
He go bacfire on you o

Na advice o
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Badadvisor: 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2023
TheAlchemist:
Was it Justrite at jakande gate bustop Ejigbo, I bought 3 pieces of chicken pie, not a shred of chicken in any of the pies. Someone in the store is stealing the chicken, meant for their customers.
Omg😁😁😁
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Onpoint1010: 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Xkale1996:
becareful with that guy that stole the chicken o

One day one day
He go bacfire on you o

Na advice o

I am, thank you.

I caught him recently stealing ice cream from the ice cream vendor, a third party unit operating in the business.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Onpoint1010: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
Keme4Real:
So who stole the chicken bros
I haven't found out.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by theamazonguru(m): 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2023
fafambo:
Staff not staffs,

Lol.
I learnt this from my brother.
I was so grateful he corrected me in the house before my yansh go open for outside.

He said , bros next time na Staff, not staffs.
Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Sammy5413(m): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
First of all, there's no 's' in staff just as there no 's' in sheep
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BennyDGreat: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

"Staffs" is a valid plural for "Staff". A writer or speaker is allowed to use either of both in discretionary circumstances.

In this case, he was referring to a single organisation.

If the staffs would be valid, he would be referring to the staff of two different organisation.

Staff is already a collective noun in the context of referring to members of an organisation.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by zolajpower: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
Onpoint1010:
I posted a thread earlier on about how the manager of the place I work made securities god over staffs.
Like I pointed out in that thread, I'm not totally against the securities coming into the store however, I'm against them having too much access to it; they iron cloths, charge devices both their own and that of their friends, they open fridges and dip their hands even when am not there and to make matters worst, they do not assist me in carrying goods when it arrive.

a. Security guys now wear their uniform and also stuck in as opposed to flying their uniform when the other manager was around.
d. Restriction of staffs to the store now enforced although I still let them in for brief rest.

1. You won't be respected without muscle and if you are not from the area. This especially on the manager and I.

2. Gang up among the staffs against the manager. Manager cannot say this is my with ness for wrong done by any staff, they'll deny.

3. Manager wasn't in good terms with people at the head office. I believe that led to his sack.

5. Been myself. At a point, I observed that I was gossipped so much that almost everyone deserted me but i never minded them.

The guy in the chicken department told me not to worry that he will cover it for me. He said he has stolen and sold one part of chicken before and has stopped after that one time.

No doubt this must be one fast that the name ends in TION Very wicked place to work
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BennyDGreat: 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You can't achieve "simple" and "comprehensive" as a grammatical endpoint, under any guise. Comprehensive is a contradictory concept to simplicity.

So it's confusing how you expect the young man to achieve comprehensive writeups while still keeping it simple.

On a surface level, the definition of 'simple' and 'comprehensive' is contrary.

However, for example, can there a simple and comprehensive material? Yes.

What this means is: The subject matter being discussed in the material has been made simple( for UNDERSTANDING) due to a DETAILED and ORGANISED breakdown of concepts in an orderly way.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BoldBrainz(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
BennyDGreat:

In this case, he was referring to a single organisation.

If the staffs would be valid, he would be referring to the staff of two different organisation.

Staff is already a collective noun in the context of referring to members of an organisation.

Exactly what I sought to convey when I talked about "discretionary circumstances". All I needed was for us both to find an understanding as to the validity of the word. The usage(s) is/are a different subject entirely.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BennyDGreat: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Exactly what I sought to convey when I talked about "discretionary circumstances". All I needed was for us both to find an understanding as to the validity of the word. The usage(s) is/are a different subject entirely.

Ok. Great!
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BoldBrainz(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2023
BennyDGreat:

On a surface level, the definition of 'simple' and 'comprehensive' is contrary.

However, for example, can there a simple and comprehensive material? Yes.

What this means is: The subject matter being discussed in the material has been made simple( for UNDERSTANDING) due to a DETAILED and ORGANISED breakdown of concepts in an orderly way.

I have a thing or two to posit as regards the last paragraph of this your comment, but seeing how my mind is currently torn between putting words here and adding to my current manuscript, I'm simply having a hard time coordinating my thought process.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mindlog:
"The guy in the chicken department told me not to worry that he will cover it for me. He said he has stolen and sold one part of chicken before and has stopped after that one time."......... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

What If the manager is in nairaland seeing this?... Op mind how u disclose some inner secret.
You're risking ur job and that of the young man

1 Like

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by ShopNextDoor: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2023
kingsolomonjnr01:

What If the manager is in nairaland seeing this?... Op mind how u disclose some inner secret.

You must mean young thief
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Slurity(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Onpoint1010:

LEARN TO TALK LESS ON NAIRALAND. YOU WILL BE SHOCKED TO KNOW THAT MORE THAN HALF OF THE PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ARE HERE

1 Like

Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by fafambo: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

professor johnbull , I hail ooooo!
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Judolisco(m): 7:25am On Sep 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:

staff na staff oh....
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by BoldBrainz(m): 7:33am On Sep 12, 2023
Judolisco:
staff na staff oh....

We trashed this issue long ago na. Read the rest of the comments abeg. E too early to begin stress me!
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Onpoint1010: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2023
Slurity:
LEARN TO TALK LESS ON NAIRALAND. YOU WILL BE SHOCKED TO KNOW THAT MORE THAN HALF OF THE PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ARE HERE

Thanks sir. I've left the organization already. Working with another company here in Lag.
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Slurity(m): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2023
Onpoint1010:

Thanks sir. I've left the organization already. Working with another company here in Lag.
NICE
Re: Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked by Onpoint1010: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
kingsolomonjnr01:

A lot of Lagosians are on NairaLand. My manager and maybe HR are also here too. But the company owner, in Paris.

These things happen to almost all fast food restaurants.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors / ICPC Declares Seun Samuel Ojukannaiye Wanted For Receiving Double Salaries / COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.