Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,438 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? (19954 Views)

The BEFORE And AFTER Of This Car Will Shock You; BUYERS Should Be Very Careful / The World's First Flying Car -- Will You Buy This Car? / Please Where And Which Car Can I Get For 200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
I have an Aunty who is single at 37 due to the fact that she's a cripple. She walks around with crouches. She literally can not move her toes but the legs are there. Just there.

Yesterday, a kind-hearted man promised to buy her a car and she asked me the kinda car that will suit her. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know much able cripples and/or physically challenged people.

So, I decided to come here to seek your opinion.

Which car can a cripple in Nigeria drive?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by buygala(m): 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:
I have an Aunty who is single at 37 due to the fact that she's a cripple. She walks around with crouches. She literally can not move her toes but the legs are there. Just there.

Yesterday, a kind-hearted man promised to buy her a car and she asked me the kinda car that will suit her. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know much able cripples and/or physically challenged people.

@nlfpmod

None.... Make she no go cripple or even kill other people

She can get the car and get someone to drive her around..

If she can't use any of her legs, how does she intend to use just two hands to operate the accelerator, brake, steering, gear selector, turn signals, etc?...

If one of her legs was functional, preferably the right one, she won't have much of a problem driving conventional auto-gear vehicles..

But in this instance, kindly tell your aunty it's a matter of urgent national security that she never drives a vehicle....

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by FuckTheMod: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
Try MODIFIED

HONDA CRV OR TOYOTA RAV4

If well modified, she'll enjoy any of those two. They're reliable and doesn't consume much fuel...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Savechild23: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
Anyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Manny21: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
Any man who buys a car for a cripple should also prepare to get the ripple a driver or get him a customized car

26 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Idonweak: 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
You dey lie

3 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by kilonshele101(m): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
Not a car expert, but can someone drive her ?

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Woodshot: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
To drive around her street roads maybe around her residence and not in this Lagos...

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Styluss: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
I dont think there is any that wont require the use of the legs!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Badgers14: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

The best for her would be a van like a sienna or Odyssey because the van or which ever car she chose to drive will need modifications..

You want to give the mechanics some space to install/modify what they need to be modified.

There's somepeople that drives with their scooter in the driver seat (that is using their scooter as a drivers seat).

There's a company in the U.S that does that wheel chair accessible van/ cars, I think it's called BraunAbility.

You can check out the company and see what they do, that might give you some ideas also.

I will post the link to the company if I find it.

Modified ** link is below

https://www.braunability.com/us/en.html

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
Does she want to drive herself?

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sirchiboy: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
I will advise you to get her a driver.
Not advisable for her to drive on Nigeria roads

6 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Pipefitter: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
buygala:

If she can't use any of her legs, how does she intend to use just two hands to operate the accelerator, brake, steering, gear selector, turn signals, etc?...

If one of her legs was functional, preferably the right one, she won't have much of a problem driving conventional auto-gear vehicles..

But in this instance, kindly tell your aunty it's a matter of urgent national security that she never drives a vehicle....

People that have two legs amputated do drive

14 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
A wheelchair.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by checky619: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
07 Sienna

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Chris2863(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
Limousine or Formula 1 go make sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by DenreleDave(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
cry
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by DJBIGGY(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
buygala:

Lol I'm physically abled and I drive perfectly normal on roads, highways and inter state

3 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by DJBIGGY(m): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
Don't mind all these nay sayers. There are ways automatic car can be customized to suit her needs. Go to YouTube and check it out. I'm also a physically disabled guy and I didn't even need to customize my car

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by UnknownT: 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
LOL! Did the man ask her to pick a car that she likes or will the man present a car that he has bought already to her? What if people here convince you that Car A is beeter, you relay the information to her but the man gifts her car B?

3 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by olaodun: 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
they normally convert vehicles so she can control everything by hand

3 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by MrHighSea: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
Customized Minivan

Anything like siena

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sleekfingers: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

Using the word crippled to describe someone that is physically challenge is an offensive word.

15 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by pol23: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
Are we to choose from the list of the uploaded picture …. I’d say Formula1.
But on a more serious note.
I think the answer might be a hatchback, simply because I’ve seen one before converted to hand pedals for physically challenged person.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by SkyFi: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
I have seen a friend of mine a cripple.drive a Honda. The car was modified so he can use it. He accelerates and brakes with his hands.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Tobijays: 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
Those auto wheel chair is better of or customized car
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by abobote: 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
Does she work or run any profitable business?

The man can do something else for her instead of risking her life
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by ibinaboonline: 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
My stepmom used to say, "if your mouth is itching you, scrub your lips against the wall."
buygala:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2011 Model Toyota Avalon Limited Toks Full Option Selling Cheap / V.V.I.P Foreign Used 2010 Bentley Continental Flying Spur N22.5m / 2 Units Of 2015 Model Benz C300 4matic Fully Loaded Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.