Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? (20013 Views)

The BEFORE And AFTER Of This Car Will Shock You; BUYERS Should Be Very Careful / The World's First Flying Car -- Will You Buy This Car? / Please Where And Which Car Can I Get For 200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sheffieldconsul: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
Mini Van (Toyota Sienna) for 9ja. I mostly see disabled people driving mini van in the abroad. Canada, specifically.

jeromestarks:
I have an Aunty who is single at 37 due to the fact that she's a cripple. She walks around with crouches. She literally can not move her toes but the legs are there. Just there.

Yesterday, a kind-hearted man promised to buy her a car and she asked me the kinda car that will suit her. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know much able cripples and/or physically challenged people.

So, I decided to come here to seek your opinion.

Which car can a cripple in Nigeria drive?
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by cho25bc(f): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:
I have an Aunty who is single at 37 due to the fact that she's a cripple. She walks around with crouches. She literally can not move her toes but the legs are there. Just there.

Yesterday, a kind-hearted man promised to buy her a car and she asked me the kinda car that will suit her. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know much able cripples and/or physically challenged people.

Get a small car and take it to someone who knows how to modify the brakes and clutch. There is a way they modify the parts that will enable the disabled driver to use his/her hands to operate the brakes and clutch. Welders will know how to do it. But can your aunty drive? If she cant, she should collect the money from the samaritan and spend it on a side hustle
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sleekfingers: 10:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
Nicepoker:
There is nothing offensive there. How do you want to describe a cripple.

Knowledge is power seek. I believe you are using an internet enable phone.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by enemyofprogress: 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
How do you expect a crippled to drive in a crazy country like Nigeria? Ok now. Tell the man to buy her a limousine
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by phemmyfour: 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

SUV...it roomy and more comfortable
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Jaflex07(m): 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
abobote:
Does she work or run any profitable business?

The man can do something else for her instead of risking her life
well said why buy a car for her when you can invest her live in a better way
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Nicepoker(m): 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Knowledge is power seek. I believe you are using an internet enable phone.
No need to sugar coat that word. A cripple is a cripple.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by moneyissweet(m): 11:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
Formula 1
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by deavicky(m): 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
That ur aunt has suffered for u too much. I would prefer u buy G wagon or limousine for her.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Pipefitter: 11:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
buygala:

Whether they drive is one thing.. Whether it's safe allowing them to drive is another...

Never heard not read about any of them being involved in an accident... It's usually drunk able bodied youths wrecking cars
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by NewDea4: 12:02am On Sep 10, 2023
buygala:

None.... Make she no go cripple or even kill other people

She can get the car and get someone to drive her around..

If she can't use any of her legs, how does she intend to use just two hands to operate the accelerator, brake, steering, gear selector, turn signals, etc?...

If one of her legs was functional, preferably the right one, she won't have much of a problem driving conventional auto-gear vehicles..

But in this instance, kindly tell your aunty it's a matter of urgent national security that she never drives a vehicle....

Your mumu dey complete

Na total mumu you be
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Ombudsman1: 12:21am On Sep 10, 2023
buygala:

If she can't use any of her legs, how does she intend to use just two hands to operate the accelerator, brake, steering, gear selector, turn signals, etc?...

If one of her legs was functional, preferably the right one, she won't have much of a problem driving conventional auto-gear vehicles..

But in this instance, kindly tell your aunty it's a matter of urgent national security that she never drives a vehicle....

THIS CHARGE AND BAIL LAWYER
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Enculer2: 12:44am On Sep 10, 2023
Badgers14:

The best for her would be a van like a sienna or Odyssey because the van or which ever car she chose to drive will need modifications..

You want to give the mechanics some space to install/modify what they need to be modified.

There's somepeople that drives with their scooter in the driver seat (that is using their scooter as a drivers seat).

There's a company in the U.S that does that wheel chair accessible van/ cars, I think it's called BraunAbility.

You can check out the company and see what they do, that might give you some ideas also.

I will post the link to the company if I find it.

Modified ** link is below

https://www.braunability.com/us/en.html

You do not say cripple. Gosh Nigerians
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Enculer2: 12:44am On Sep 10, 2023
You do not say cripple.

Nigerians and bad mouth
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by RosyIsBlessed: 12:49am On Sep 10, 2023
webincomeplus:

You don't use "modern" English without sense. In communication, there's location-based context. Which means you choose words based on how they're widely understood in your locale. Some words that are absolutely fine in the UK might be offensive in Australia.

Some words that are offensive in the UK might be better understood here in Nigeria. And when you talk to Nigerians, use what they understand.

Go and face a Nigerian audience and start calling them "people of color". Then tell me how majority would react. We don't have to be zombies! Even in modern dictionaries, there are some words that are officially regarded as "NIGERIAN English".

Stfu and learn to humbly take corrections
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by GasAndOilTheory(m): 12:56am On Sep 10, 2023
Automatica transmission
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Badgers14: 1:04am On Sep 10, 2023
Enculer2:

You do not say cripple. Gosh Nigerians

Americana where did I say cripple in my post??
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Ten06(m): 2:10am On Sep 10, 2023
If she lives in a place like Bayelsa State she should get something like jeep.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Yankee101: 2:43am On Sep 10, 2023
Modified BraunAbility cars
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 4:58am On Sep 10, 2023
oroagba:
I am disabled and can't use my legs to drive, but I've been driving since 2001. I love driving and have taken journeys of many hours alone or with friends and family. Almost any automatic transmission car and be fitted with hand controls. I've always used locally fabricated hand controls. Sedan or SUV can be considered, just get a reliable type and model.

I'll be glad to answer any questions. Best of luck to your aunty and may God bless the car donor.

By the way, try using Disabled instead of crippled.
Kindly post the pictures of your modification?
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Spidermon: 5:08am On Sep 10, 2023
Sienna.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by webincomeplus(m): 5:31am On Sep 10, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

Stfu and learn to humbly take corrections
Calm down, dumbo, and learn to read between the lines. The point I'm trying to drive home is, "Your audience determines what's offensive and what's not." We are not in the West. If Nigerians do not find a word offensive and even relate to it better, use it! That's effective communication.

If you still can't comprehend that, I'm sorry, I can't help you. Just steer clear of quoting me again.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by bobbiiee: 5:42am On Sep 10, 2023
There is a device that is attached to both the accelerator and brake pedals. All she needs is the right hand to apply the brake and to engage the accelerator by manually moving a lever either forward or backward. The device is costly. You can search for it on Google. I saw it for the first time on TikTok.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Veeryeasy(m): 6:30am On Sep 10, 2023
A willchair
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Jolly1010: 6:45am On Sep 10, 2023
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by abimbola74(m): 6:49am On Sep 10, 2023
buygala:

I have seen someone in Osogbo who is crippled and drives big daddy . The pedals was work to make the hands press dem. D man even love-vendor d car
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Headward: 6:58am On Sep 10, 2023
abimbola74:

I have seen someone in Osogbo who is crippled and drives big daddy . The pedals was work to make the hands press dem. D man even love-vendor d car

Exactly, there are tools made available for disables to drive also. OP let your sister get that with her hands she can do all the needful.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by sexyyoyo(m): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2023
My brother never let anyone here talk down on your aunty ok. There several cars specially built for handicapped people which she will successfully drive around with ease without any help from anyone ok . Check YouTube for proper videos of such cars and thank me later ok
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by flyinnizam(m): 8:03am On Sep 10, 2023
formula 1 ke
jeromestarks:

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sleekfingers: 8:29am On Sep 10, 2023
Nicepoker:
No need to sugar coat that word. A cripple is a cripple.

Keep basking in your ignorance
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by highoctane: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2023
If she wants to drive a car, not for the fun of it.

Approach the nearest FRSC for advice.

Not posting copy and paste picture of cars

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

V.V.I.P Foreign Used 2010 Bentley Continental Flying Spur N22.5m / 2 Units Of 2015 Model Benz C300 4matic Fully Loaded Selling Cheap / Fhemmmy Motos Presents You Solely With 2000 & 2001 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.