Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,638 members, 7,820,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? (19985 Views)

The BEFORE And AFTER Of This Car Will Shock You; BUYERS Should Be Very Careful / The World's First Flying Car -- Will You Buy This Car? / Please Where And Which Car Can I Get For 200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Skillsnigeria: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Thomthom(m): 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
You don't use the Word cripple on someone my boss tot me that... I think he said I should say physical challenge or special needs.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Dshocker(m): 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:
I have an Aunty who is single at 37 due to the fact that she's a cripple. She walks around with crouches. She literally can not move her toes but the legs are there. Just there.

Yesterday, a kind-hearted man promised to buy her a car and she asked me the kinda car that will suit her. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know much able cripples and/or physically challenged people.

So, I decided to come here to seek your opinion.

Which car can a cripple in Nigeria drive?

Does she have a source of income to maintain the car?

She should use the money to establish a standard business that can buy her a car tomorrow.

But she needs something that has enough space for entrance, and if the budget is low, i suggest Toyota Sienna 2002 model.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by jeromestarks: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Honda na K-Leg vehicle. Toyota RaV 4 swallos fuel.
Let her buy a small nissan or micra and convert the brakes and accelerator to be hand-controlled.. I have a colleague who is a medic who drives the same car.
Very efficient, easy to maintain and cheap parts.
Where did they modify it for him.
Any contact?
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by OnyeFely: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
If she's not financially stable, it might be difficult to maintain the car, rather, i will advise she goes for motorized wheelchair. She only needs to charge the batteries.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by micflo28(m): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
A pencil light will do
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by SPAMBOX7: 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:
I have an Aunty who is single at 37 due to the fact that she's a cripple. She walks around with crouches. She literally can not move her toes but the legs are there. Just there.

Yesterday, a kind-hearted man promised to buy her a car and she asked me the kinda car that will suit her. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know much able cripples and/or physically challenged people.

So, I decided to come here to seek your opinion.

Which car can a cripple in Nigeria drive?
Buy her a Limousine.
Before you ask where you Wan see money ask yourself why you go post the Pic undecided

But joke apart it's limousine that suits a crippled person. They gotta stretch their legs and be free. A normal car won't give them that kind of comfort.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by ibinaboonline: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
Modified: it seems posting pictures is hopeless. Seun just built this site and left it like that for years. Tueh. I have now uploaded some of the pictures in a row at the bottom of my comment.

Honestly, OP, it depends on the man's budget and your sister's preference. Assuming the man is a billionaire with bucket-loads of cash to spend, the newly introduced Lucid Sapphire is perfect. And that's not just because it can go from 0 to 60 mph in less than 2 seconds, but also because the doors open 90Β°, man, making ingress and egress easy. Super -roomy comfortable interior. Here's the Air Sapphire πŸ‘‡

That said, let me start by saying that I hope you're aware that a vehicle can be modified to suit the motoring needs of disabled drivers. These cars get fitted with wheelchair lifts and ramps, specialized throttle, brake, steering, the lot. That's to say, you buy the car and give it to the mod shop to customize it. Here are examples πŸ‘‡

That said, let's go back to what I said earlier about the size of the man's war chest and your sister's vehicle-type preferences. Does your sister prefer a small car like a hatchback? Then I recommend the latest Toyota Yaris - wide-opening doors, roomy interior.

Does she fancy a minivan? I recommend the Mercedes-Benz V-Class - very large with 7-passenger seating capacity, just perfect for that customization stuff I mentioned earlier. She might even be able to stand up in there, depending on her height.

Yeah, I know you said she's just 30+ years, so the V-Class is probably overdoing it. In which case I will now recommend the VW Caddy - compact, roomy, easy ingress and egress.

By the way, tell me your sister is pretty because she'll still get married, crippled or not. She should try to never let the shine leave her face. πŸ™‚

For the rest of you reading this, if you like my comment, I invite you to visit and bookmark my website for your daily dose of automotive content: https://carsandhorsepower.com

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Chibuzoripob: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
angry angry angry why are u crying angry? U only pity those in a PIT. She'll be fine.
DenreleDave:
cry
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by DJBIGGY(m): 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
jeromestarks:

Which car do you drive?

Currently a Honda odyssey. But there is no automatic car given I won't drive

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by buygala(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
Pipefitter:

People that have two legs amputated do drive

Whether they drive is one thing.. Whether it's safe allowing them to drive is another...
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Mhizzard(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
I have an advice for you, if you finally got the car for don't even try to get her a driver cus hmmmmm
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by baconline(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
A van or wagon should be idle, have space to carry her wheelchair or clutches , she can even modify the boot so she can enter from there
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Goalnaldo(m): 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
Is the man Dangote to tell your aunt to choose a car.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sniper101(m): 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
You should go for the Sport car.

...Lamborghini Aventador would do.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Wizuman: 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Using the word crippled to describe someone that is physically challenge is an offensive word.

It is all wokeness. Initially there was no offense in saying that people are fat. As of today we have criminalised d term fat. Same thing applies to referring to a person as being crippled, nothing was wrong with it some years back.
Let's be patient, in our very eyes the same "physically challenged" will soon turn stigmatisation, and we will coin another for word it....ad infinitum

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by oroagba: 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
I am disabled and can't use my legs to drive, but I've been driving since 2001. I love driving and have taken journeys of many hours alone or with friends and family. Almost any automatic transmission car and be fitted with hand controls. I've always used locally fabricated hand controls. Sedan or SUV can be considered, just get a reliable type and model.

I'll be glad to answer any questions. Best of luck to your aunty and may God bless the car donor.

By the way, try using Disabled instead of crippled.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by vickthourh(m): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
Wheelchair car
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by akmusty(m): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Toyota Sienna has special edition starting from 2002 model till date which is for people with that challenge
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by opera1(m): 10:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
I kno a man without both legs but he's driving Toyota carmry, how he does it, I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by PrinceKenne(m): 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
Where does your sister live?
Let her get any toyota car (automatic). There are few professionals who do conversation of the two pedals. She might be able to drive herself
However, can she control part of the limb? If so one of the pedals would just be adjusted.
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by PrinceKenne(m): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
Thanks brother, we share the same experience. I have even trained more than 5 able people on how to drive.
My able counterparts who will challenge me on highway will try oo wink
oroagba:
I am disabled and can't use my legs to drive, but I've been driving since 2001. I love driving and have taken journeys of many hours alone or with friends and family. Almost any automatic transmission car and be fitted with hand controls. I've always used locally fabricated hand controls. Sedan or SUV can be considered, just get a reliable type and model.

I'll be glad to answer any questions. Best of luck to your aunty and may God bless the car donor.

By the way, try using Disabled instead of crippled.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
buygala:

None.... Make she no go cripple or even kill other people

She can get the car and get someone to drive her around..

If she can't use any of her legs, how does she intend to use just two hands to operate the accelerator, brake, steering, gear selector, turn signals, etc?...

If one of her legs was functional, preferably the right one, she won't have much of a problem driving conventional auto-gear vehicles..

But in this instance, kindly tell your aunty it's a matter of urgent national security that she never drives a vehicle....
Something can be improvised in d vehicle for eazy driving,but not too safe sha
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by ibinaboonline: 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
Don't worry, Jeromestarks understands. It's basically how he bashes women too. To him, women are all whores😁.
Hezzyluv:

What did I just read? shocked
Abi I no Sabi read well
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by buygala(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sofistcatdmoron:

Something can be improvised in d vehicle for eazy driving,but not too safe sha

My point exactly

There is no way a person who can't use both or at least one leg can drive safely, no matter the improvisation.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Sleekfingers: 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2023
Wizuman:

It is all wokeness. Initially there was no offense in saying that people are fat. As of today we have criminalised d term fat. Same thing applies to referring to a person as being crippled, nothing was wrong with it some years back.
Let's be patient, in our very eyes the same "physically challenged" will soon turn stigmatisation, and we will coin another for word it....ad infinitum

Change is constant
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Jimmy231: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
FuckTheMod:
Try MODIFIED

HONDA CRV OR TOYOTA RAV4

If well modified, she'll enjoy any of those two. They're reliable and doesn't consume much fuel...
them say cripple you they talk about reliable
Re: Which Car Will Be Best For My Crippled Aunty? by Nicepoker(m): 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Using the word crippled to describe someone that is physically challenge is an offensive word.
There is nothing offensive there. How do you want to describe a cripple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2011 Model Toyota Avalon Limited Toks Full Option Selling Cheap / V.V.I.P Foreign Used 2010 Bentley Continental Flying Spur N22.5m / 2 Units Of 2015 Model Benz C300 4matic Fully Loaded Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.