Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi (16728 Views)

Tinubu: A Presidential Disaster Waiting To Happen? - By Farooq A. Kperogi / How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by complexstuffs(m): 1:57am On Sep 10, 2023
helinues:
In Farooq words, a Carpenter can also also interpret the law.

Chai, so many people have stopped reasoning things logically

Why did Peter Obi hire carpenters instead of lawyers to file his case at the PEPT

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by complexstuffs(m): 2:00am On Sep 10, 2023
jmoore:
I can vivdly remember how Donald Duke bragged about being learned when he was still governor of Crossrivers. He was addressing journalists and he indirectly made a statement that lawyers are more learned than journalists.

Ego runs in Nigeria in almost everything. Some that have bsc will say they are better than hnd graduates.
I have been in court several times, and have been disappointed many times by the performance of some lawyers representing their clients.

If what you are saying is true, that means Duke is correct because Law is a professional course and you are not learnered untill you are called to bar and given a license to practice but in jonalism any Rufai, Oseni and Harry can be a jonalist

Other learnered professions are:
Engineers
Doctors (both human and animal)
Architecture
Nursing
Pharmacy
Etc

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by complexstuffs(m): 2:08am On Sep 10, 2023
helinues:

Do you agreed that Obi and Atiku's lawyers scammed them?

Lawyers have got to eat, pay rent and school fees

2 Likes

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by israelmao(m): 2:26am On Sep 10, 2023
His conclusion is a subject of robust debate.Is law which is one of social sciences more practical than the real science?
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Bigfish121(m): 2:29am On Sep 10, 2023
Dis you follow the hearings of the tribunal before the judgement?

DirtyGold:
The funny thing about the legal profession in Nigeria at the moment is that lawyers are at the forefront of deriding and casting aspersions on judges and the judiciary as a whole.

The PEPT judgement was at best a huge embarrassment to all the SANs on parade by the petitioners. One begins to wonder what they went to court to do if they couldn't present the most basic element of evidence to claim victory or demand election cancellation.

If I was Atiku or Obi, I would be thinking of how my lawyers scammed me with their shameful incompetence. Or how the lawyers were secretly working for Tinubu because, all I can see is self-sabotage as that's the only explanation that will make sense.

What's tha business?
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by kcnwaigbo: 2:33am On Sep 10, 2023
helinues:

Abi cos I still dey wonder how Atiku and Tinubu received zero votes from Obi's polling unit. It's either their agents voted for LP or refused to vote at all

Hypocrisy stinks more than rotten eggs
Are you sure you are alright? Do you know anyone who voted for the APC or PDP in Peter Obi's polling unit whose vote was not counted or tried to vote for APC or PDP and was stopped from doing so?

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by adedayoa2(f): 2:41am On Sep 10, 2023
helinues:

You people can't emotionally blackmail others.

Your principal is yet to tell us what figure he got to have won the election, not even where he got the 25% in 24 states not to talk about how he arrived at his figure
they can't get over this, just leave them.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by francotunsco: 2:50am On Sep 10, 2023
Vawulence pro max on my learned (/lened/) people!
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Raskimonojendor: 2:52am On Sep 10, 2023
Lawyers must chop. Peter Obi's and Atiku's lawyers are not stupid. Their chambers need those election cases to increase their annual profit.

If they tell Obi and Atiku that the case wasn't going to fly, those Politicians would carry their business to other chambers; hence, lost revenues for the original lawyers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Maynman: 2:57am On Sep 10, 2023
Triplechoice, read this article to know how argument works, he went to the root word and history of those phrases and showed how the word evolve to the modern definition you have in your dictionary, to understand any word, you need go to the etymology of the words not modern dictionary.

This is the part I like most in the article.

"Science literally means "knowledge, learning, application,” and is derived from the root word scire, which means "to know."

Is this in your modern dictionary?

What is the root word of "god" that you are agnostic to?

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by InvertedHammer: 2:59am On Sep 10, 2023
/
It is a psychological damage done to Nigerians by the colonial masters. That's why they'd rather die than throw away the racoon wigs they wear in a hot and humid weather like Nigeria. Education in Nigeria is primarily geared towards making people act and think British. Then the Nigerian factor of high titles come secondary. In all, most of them have to be retrained and reprogrammed to be able to function in any developed world. The worst hit are the "professionals"--so much noise with little to show.

/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Raskimonojendor: 3:00am On Sep 10, 2023
helinues:

Abi cos I still dey wonder how Atiku and Tinubu received zero votes from Obi's polling unit. It's either their agents voted for LP or refused to vote at all

That's one of the many reasons why Reno Omokri said LP rigged unintelligently.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by PDPGuy: 3:12am On Sep 10, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
It is a psychological damage done to Nigerians by the colonial masters. That's why they'd rather die than throw away the racoon wigs they wear in a hot and humid weather like Nigeria. Education in Nigeria is primarily geared towards making people act and think British. Then the Nigerian factor of high titles come secondary. In all, most of them have to be retrained and reprogrammed to be able to function in any developed world. The worst hit are the "professionals"--so much noise with little to show.

/

You hit the nail on the head 👏🏾👏🏾

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Raskimonojendor: 3:23am On Sep 10, 2023
blowjohn:
Na so pharmacists go dey try try dig out history frm patient like doctor.

Well. They need to sometimes, especially if a prescription doesn't seem correct.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by enemyofprogress: 3:53am On Sep 10, 2023
Medicine is the ultimate

*BREAKING: Peter Obi dumps Mr Kenneth, set to appoint Sanyeri to take over the appeal of his case at the Supreme Court.*

Details later 🤣🤣🤣

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by AyomideAds: 3:58am On Sep 10, 2023
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Helperboss: 4:05am On Sep 10, 2023
Onyeigbo10000:
I want to start comedy content Creation.

Please advise me.
contact me
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by bluefilm: 4:07am On Sep 10, 2023
BrickDevo:
Lolz
In the end all he said was gibrish
Not worth the time

So much gibberish and rambling.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by lawani: 4:41am On Sep 10, 2023
Who should challenge a political party that cleared a candidate for primaries who used a stolen identity of a woman when he is a man?. Anybody can do that. Not necessarily even the political opponent. Any random person can get the Identity thief arrested or take the political party to court
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:03am On Sep 10, 2023
helinues:

You people can't emotionally blackmail others.

Your principal is yet to tell us what figure he got to have won the election, not even where he got the 25% in 24 states not to talk about how he arrived at his figure
bunch of deluded souls trying to push third to ist..
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:17am On Sep 10, 2023
yemmit90:
Before you become a SAN, you must have gone through alot of hurdles in the professional ladder, so to say that these SANs don't know the possibility of winning or losing a case even before going to court is not but absurd. They just want to earn a living and nothing more. It is good to say they feed on ignorance or gullibility of their clients. Let me use this PEPT as a case study, the petitioners should've known that in the case like this, the judges will put Nigeria stability first before anything. They should've known that if any judge mistakenly nullify election of a president, Nigeria they intent to govern might not be the same again. They should have also asked themselves the possibility of removing a sitting president who has everything under his control.

The reality is that, no court can remove Tinubu or Atiku when they have absolute power at the top. These guys are brutal to let go of power, they can do anything to keep it. Though I believe he won the election base on the fact that oppositions could not provide enough evidences of massive rigging.

We are not under military rule, the best time to stop a civilian president in Nigeria is before INEC declaration.
they has a poor Case nothing like a president having control of anything... Did they present any evidence of winning elections the awnser is no they were after disqualification of tinubu on flimsy ground Obi LP had the worst petition using 25 percent Abuja as if Abuja votes is more important than ekiti or bauchi... In 2007 at supreme Court 3 justice ruled in favor of ANPP and buhari while 4 ruled in favor of PDP yardua... U ll see it ll be different in supreme Court this time around... Obi impatience and I'll advise push out if PDP and he divided votes that ordinarily should have gone to PDP hence APC winning... LP is a regional party if APC should be out if power only PDP can defeat them... So others should unite back to PDP...the tribunal Judgment is a sound one anyone who faults it is just playing to the gallery... Like they were told each party has copy of results at all polling unit nation wide except they refused to deploy agent... So what's the fuse about irev which is just for uploading of snapped results at polling units
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:20am On Sep 10, 2023
complexstuffs:

If what you are saying is true, that means Duke is correct because Law is a professional course and you are not learnered untill you are called to bar and given a license to practice but in jonalism any Rufai, Oseni and Harry can be a jonalist

Other learnered professions are:
Engineers
Doctors (both human and animal)
Architecture
Nursing
Pharmacy
Etc
Rufai na journalist person wey de abuse ethics of d Job... He is just a TV Host thriving on mob misinformation
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by endyjc: 5:26am On Sep 10, 2023
"Like the fact that a pre-election matter should not be brought up after the general election, a plaintiff lacking locus standi in a matter, or that only a past criminal conviction could be used against a politician, not a civil one? With my ‘unlearned’ scientific background, I assume that a lawyer should be able to advise a client beforehand, for example, that look, you lack the locus standi to petition about the primary election of a political party other than yours, so let's not go to court over that.”

Dear Kperogi,
You really should have saved yourself the long epistle and narrowed down on the true essence of your write-up which is the above highlighted paragraph.
A tactical reprimand targeted at the justice-seeking citizens of Nigeria tagged "Obidients".
No need for the unwarranted lecture.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by AdaojoTheUrchin: 5:29am On Sep 10, 2023
yemmit90:
Before you become a SAN, you must have gone through alot of hurdles in the professional ladder, so to say that these SANs don't know the possibility of winning or losing a case even before going to court is not but absurd. They just want to earn a living and nothing more. It is good to say they feed on ignorance or gullibility of their clients. Let me use this PEPT as a case study, the petitioners should've known that in the case like this, the judges will put Nigeria stability first before anything. They should've known that if any judge mistakenly nullify election of a president, Nigeria they intent to govern might not be the same again. They should have also asked themselves the possibility of removing a sitting president who has everything under his control.

The reality is that, no court can remove Tinubu or Atiku when they have absolute power at the top. These guys are brutal to let go of power, they can do anything to keep it. Though I believe he won the election base on the fact that oppositions could not provide enough evidences of massive rigging.

We are not under military rule, the best time to stop a civilian president in Nigeria is before INEC declaration.

Yemi, so if you were the lawyer, you would tell your client 'Oh, you have a case but the judges will not hear it because they cannot remove the president, even though he stole votes'..
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by seunayantokun(m): 5:40am On Sep 10, 2023
[quote author=Racoon post=125691384][/quote]

Dispute bases of the judgement, don't just close your eyes to what you don't want to see as you support your choice. You need to know what you need, not only what you want.

Two, instead of fighting for politicians - Obi, Atiku, and Tinubu, etc are all birds of a feather
- fight for yourself and your people by asking that we return to the principle of true federalism. The constitution you have now is a bondage.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by fernandoc(m): 5:59am On Sep 10, 2023
BrickDevo:
Lolz
In the end all he said was gibrish
Not worth the time
Then you must have an IQ of a millipede.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by UnfairLife7(m): 6:08am On Sep 10, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Are you sure you are alright? Do you know anyone who voted for the APC or PDP in Peter Obi's polling unit whose vote was not counted or tried to vote for APC or PDP and was stopped from doing so?
why then are you guys calling Yoruba trabalist? If everybody in South East can vote for Obi while some Yoruba shared their votes amongst the presidential candidate.

Which tribe is now tribalistic from the election results and how it's being spread?

FYI, i don't support any politicians like you lots do here. I am only after good Nigeria for all and sundry. I just want it to be clear to you

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Donedeal1(m): 6:40am On Sep 10, 2023
Some clients always make a fool of the lawyers

Would you or not?

Even when such case lacks prospect

Some client will threatened to go elsewhere

And since that is your job you can give it a trial.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by safetyInspector(m): 6:47am On Sep 10, 2023
Until you produce Tinubu and Atiku's agents in that unit.
helinues:

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by safetyInspector(m): 6:53am On Sep 10, 2023
It was not about tribe, Obi was more qualified than all those thieves. Those people you are calling trialists voted Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, GEJ and Atiku in the same manner. When it come to National election they don't go for incompetent popular candidate, they votes for the most competent one irrespective of his ability to win or not. Buhari was rejected twice.
UnfairLife7:
why then are you guys calling Yoruba trabalist? If everybody in South East can vote for Obi while some Yoruba shared their votes amongst the presidential candidate.

Which tribe is now tribalistic from the election results and how it's being spread?

FYI, i don't support any politicians like you lots do here. I am only after good Nigeria for all and sundry. I just want it to be clear to you
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by UnfairLife7(m): 7:02am On Sep 10, 2023
safetyInspector:
It was not about tribe, Obi was more qualified than all those thieves. Those people you are calling trialists voted Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, GEJ and Atiku in the same manner. When it come to National election they don't go for incompetent popular candidate, they votes for the most competent one irrespective of his ability to win or not. Buhari was rejected twice.
ok
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Incognito403: 7:07am On Sep 10, 2023
helinues:
In Farooq words, a Carpenter can also interpret the law.

Chai, so many people have stopped reasoning things logically
I'm wondering which part of the article you got your deduction from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes / 2019:senator Makarfi Visits Ibb For Consultation(photos) / How Edgar’s Handover Was Stopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.