Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi (16705 Views)

Tinubu: A Presidential Disaster Waiting To Happen? - By Farooq A. Kperogi / How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by fredoooooo: 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
Epe ori igi himself cheesy
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kukutenla: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
Interesting
Firstly, Prof Kperoogi is not correct that you do not need a license to teach in Nigeria. The TRCN act of 1994 actually prescribes what is required to teach in Nigeria and it is a minimum of NCE and registration with TRCN. That decree actually rendered Grade 2 teaching certificate, a legacy of the colonialists obsolete in Nigerian education system. But with most laws, this one is observed in the breach as well especially by private institutions.
Secondly, he succinctly captured the essence of the judgement. The judgement trashed most of the applications on procedural and technical grounds which makes one wonder what the retinue of SANs was for if none of them could spot all those errors and inadequacies. What was most damning was the unanimity in the damnation. It's either the judges simply twisted the plot to a determined end or the solicitors of the three plaintiffs were really poor.
Prof Kperogi need not read the judgement anymore. He has already captured the meat in this article. But he could try a gnaw at the bone though.
One wonders if he's "learned" enough to attempt that

9 Likes

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by beejay85: 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
successmatters:
At this point, I am never going to call any man who studied law and is defending election robbery a learned gentleman again, I am more learned than all of them.

I want be surprised to learn that under their suit, they are wearing NURTW vests and carrying broken bottles and knives in their pockets.
Like Legal Juggernaut grin grin

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Fearyourcreator: 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2023
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Canvass: 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ab
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
I would love to see Nigerian move away from boasting about professions and adding titles without end to their name. No society moves forward when people build unnecessary hierarchies around themselves.

If you study with 20 degrees it should primarily be your choice and to move society forward and not to brag, form cliques and bully people with the very common phrase, "do you know who I am".

All we are and have will be dropped one day, and we will all give account of our lives to the creator who shows no favouritism.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Patrioticman007(m): 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

Do you agreed that Obi and Atiku's lawyers scammed them?

What a cheap propaganda from the opposition. They are now blaming lawyers for their electoral lost. Obi + Rabiu + Atiku+ Woke + Tambuwal Mega party would have defeated BATMAN, however due to greed & myopic vision they chose in fighting. Hence the need to blackmail the 5 learned justices to Handover power to Obi.

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kukutenla: 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
In Farooq words, a Carpenter can also also interpret the law.

Chai, so many people have stopped reasoning things logically
It's obvious you did not read the very interesting and educative piece

Or you read and did not understand which is most likely

4 Likes

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Canvass: 11:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hmm
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kenmatt(m): 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
I didn't go through.

There is nothing learned in that so called "learned Profession".

A "learned Profession" that most of its highly placed practitioners were on duty sleeping when a national issue that will determine the fate of a State was undergoing a fragile, sensitive, constructive and critical analytical scrutiny.

Is that one a "learned Profession"?

5 Likes

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by ThiefnubuBandit: 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
In Farooq words, a Carpenter can also also interpret the law.

Chai, so many people have stopped reasoning things logically

Shut up!!! You know nothing, this ignorant boy.

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Minime10(f): 11:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
I smell jeolousy🤓#faroog nkperogi
Guy go and study law if e pain u🤓
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by AfonjaPriest: 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2023
Angela the fraudulent beggar is back!!!
Favyloveu:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num; Angela Ubi
G.TBank
Beggar Angela Oyom Ubi, you have staged a comeback to your begging ways. Read from below previous posts of yours with different usernames:
Chiestar:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num; Angela Ubi
G.TBank
Another
Shinestar2:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angelah
G.TBank
And Another
Bideni:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy
Acct num:
G.TBank Angela Oyom
Yet another
Rosemorn:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angella
Acct num:
G.TBank
Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
This person, known as Angela, has all these names for just one account in GTBank:
Ann, Anne, AngelaUbi, Anngela, Angella, Anna, Angela, Angela Ubi, Angelah, etc.
He is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
Go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

2 Likes

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by yemmit90: 11:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
Before you become a SAN, you must have gone through alot of hurdles in the professional ladder, so to say that these SANs don't know the possibility of winning or losing a case even before going to court is not but absurd. They just want to earn a living and nothing more. It is good to say they feed on ignorance or gullibility of their clients. Let me use this PEPT as a case study, the petitioners should've known that in the case like this, the judges will put Nigeria stability first before anything. They should've known that if any judge mistakenly nullify election of a president, Nigeria they intent to govern might not be the same again. They should have also asked themselves the possibility of removing a sitting president who has everything under his control.

The reality is that, no court can remove Tinubu or Atiku when they have absolute power at the top. These guys are brutal to let go of power, they can do anything to keep it. Though I believe he won the election base on the fact that oppositions could not provide enough evidences of massive rigging.

We are not under military rule, the best time to stop a civilian president in Nigeria is before INEC declaration.

3 Likes

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by mycar: 11:44pm On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

You people can't emotionally blackmail others.

Your principal is yet to tell us what figure he got to have won the election, not even where he got the 25% in 24 states not to talk about how he arrived at his figure
Stupidity is when someone or group of people leave NEC that were paid to conduct election and be asking candidates to produce election results.
INEC announced result even before results were collated,
Anyways, Criminal would give you 110 reasons why stealing is an act of smartness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Optimuspriime: 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
They are all criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kukutenla: 11:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
yemmit90:
Before you become a SAN, you must have gone through alot of hurdles in the professional ladder, so to say that these SANs don't know the possibility of winning or losing a case even before going to court is not but absurd. They just want to earn a living and nothing more. It is good to say they feed on ignorance or gullibility of their clients. Let me use this PEPT as a case study, the petitioners should've known that in the case like this, the judges will put Nigeria stability first before anything. They should've known that if any judge mistakenly nullify election of a president, Nigeria they intent to govern might not be the same again. They should have also asked themselves the possibility of removing a sitting president who has everything under his control.

The reality is that, no court can remove Tinubu or Atiku when they have absolute power at the top. These guys are brutal to let go of power, they can do anything to keep it. Though I believe he won the election base on the fact that oppositions could not provide enough evidences of massive rigging.

We are not under military rule, the best time to stop a civilian president in Nigeria is before INEC declaration.
Unfortunately you didn't provide any legal basis why a president can't be removed that a SAN should be mindful of. You only delved into sentiments and political brinkmanship which ordinarily should not be the worry of a lawyer but that of the politicians who hired them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Adakintroy: 12:04am On Sep 10, 2023
Wrong or right you have no reason to hold on to offense .t.b Joshua

A true prophet.

There will be a reborn.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Ceejay94: 12:25am On Sep 10, 2023
helinues:

You people can't emotionally blackmail others.

Your principal is yet to tell us what figure he got to have won the election, not even where he got the 25% in 24 states not to talk about how he arrived at his figure
people like you are cause of Nigeria's backwardness

1 Like

Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by blowjohn(m): 12:33am On Sep 10, 2023
Na so pharmacists go dey try try dig out history frm patient like doctor.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by DDYLO: 12:46am On Sep 10, 2023
Kperogi's write up is very educative and we most appreciate that Prof. Nairaland forum should not only be for base political sentiments as exhibited by the supporters of the APC and Tinubu and that of LP and Peter Obi, but also be a forum learn from intellectuals and intellectual discourse.
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Vajose: 1:00am On Sep 10, 2023
Thumbs up Man !! Much respect
Re: Law Is Not The Only “Learned Profession” By Farooq A. Kperogi by complexstuffs(m): 1:43am On Sep 10, 2023
Categories of people who will not like this thread

1) Nigerian lawyers
2) obidients
3) Nigerian lawyers who are obidients

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Operatives Conduct Search At Dangote Head Office Over FX Transactions / Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail / Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.