Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold (12344 Views)

Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by ebubeson: 8:39am On Sep 10, 2023
We have several verses of the scriptures on speaking in tongues 1 Corinthians 14:2 is one on them.

Today, we have problem in various churches concerning speaking in tongues, and the issue of speaking in tongues have been abused by so many people.

What are the abuses of speaking in tongues.

(1) Speaking in tongues after committing sin. Someone may just come from prostitution, do adultery or fornication, and then may go into blasting in tongues when he or she goes to church.

(2) Speaking in tongues during repentance prayer. It is wrong to speak in tongues during prayer for repentance. If your pastor leads a prayer of repentance to the congregation, it is not right to speak in tongues, but to point out clearly the sins you may have committed, telling God to forgive you. This idea I got from someone.

(3) Telling the whole congregation to always pray in tongues. It is good. But there are times to pray in the Spirit and there are times to pray with understanding. If you tell the whole congregation to always pray in tongues, there may be pollutions if many members of the congregation are speaking in tongues with strange or familiar spirits. It is not everyone that speaks in tongues through the Holyspirit.

(4) Praying in tongues "recklessly" during quiet time or morning prayers. When you wake up early in the morning, you don't just blast in tongues for long without sober reflection, deep prayer of openness with God, intense study of the word of God, examination of one's self and attitude etc. This idea I got from someone.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Chochovini: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2023
Any speaker in tongue that‘s not the Holy Spirit that‘s leading Him or her is merely blasting nonesense. No apology.

Any tongue that does not have an interpreter is a mere cacophonous Noise. Again, No apology.
Ok, Check this out;- what really is
“bababababababa-yayayayayaya-tatatatatatatat-jajajajajajajaja-mamamamama RUBISH.
Which tribe on the Earth speaks like that if I may ask?

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by damilola4162(m): 9:43am On Sep 10, 2023
H

1 Like

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Enumjeko: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIsKU1Xxc9I
God's Intervention Demands Our Collaboration | Bishop Godfrey I. Onah

4 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by benuejosh: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2023
Ok.
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by heykims(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2023
Na norm na even in movies
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Weathered: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2023
ebubeson:
We have several verses of the scriptures on speaking in tongues 1 Corinthians 14:2 is one on them.

Today, we have problem in various churches concerning speaking in tongues, and the issue of speaking in tongues have been abused by so many people.

(1) Speaking in tongues after committing sin. Someone may just come from prostitution, do adultery or fornication, and then may go into blasting in tongues when he or she goes to church.

(2) Speaking in tongues during repentance prayer. It is wrong to speak in tongues during prayer for repentance. If your pastor leads a prayer of repentance to the congregation, it is not right to speak in tongues, but to point out clearly the sins you may have committed, telling God to forgive you. This idea I got from someone.

(3) Telling the whole congregation to always pray in tongues. It is good. But there are times to pray in the Spirit and there are times to pray with understanding. If you tell the whole congregation to always pray in tongues, there may be pollutions if many members of the congregation are speaking in tongues with strange or familiar spirits. It is not everyone that speaks in tongues through the Holyspirit.

(4) Praying in tongues "recklessly" during quiet time or morning prayers. When you wake up early in the morning, you don't just blast in tongues for long without sober reflection, deep prayer of openness with God, intense study of the word of God, examination of one's self and attitude etc. This idea I got from someone.

I thought speaking in tongues is involuntary when someone is overwhelmed by the Holy Ghost.

It's not really a matter of choice. I see Pentecostals speaking in tongues in music, discussions and casual prayers.

Hello Christ Embassy.

51 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Justbeingreal(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2023
CONFIDENTLY SPEAKING RUBBISH.

ONE DAY WE ALL ARE GONNA GET TIRED OF DECEIVING OURSELVES..

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Yankiss(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2023
I don't understand by it's not right to speak in tongues..... Methinks speaking in tongues is spontaneous, led by the Holy Spirit and that the speaker is even not aware of the language or what is being said. The context here presupposes that Speaking in togues is codedly contrived. The speaker is aware of what he was doing and probably speaking gibberish. Anywhere this is the case, it's arrant nonsense. Happy sunday everyone.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by PHIPEX(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2023
The abuse is a big turn off and nauseating. People open their mouth and utter gibberish and lie they are speaking in tongue. Isn't this part of sinning against the Holy spirit?

From every instance in the scripture, people spoke in tongue when they were overwhelmed by the Holy spirit. In our case, it's now a fashion and a pentecostal show off.

45 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Woodshot: 9:46am On Sep 10, 2023
grin
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Almunjid(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2023
Come to ABU Zaria garden around Icsa/ Ramat roundabout come see how many Christians dey shout like mad people disturbing the peace of others in the name of speaking in tongues. Is it Christ-like to speak in tongues like a mad man? Na so Jesus Christ pray?

20 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by flexyrule(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2023
Growing up as a baby Christian. I was taught that the gift of speaking in tongues comes as an evidence of the fullness of the Holy Spirit.

In Deeper Life Bible Church where I grew up, speaking in tongues wasn't common back then (1993 to early 2000's), and their doctrine specified the steps in attaining that feat...

1. Being born again
2. Sanctification
3. The baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Sometime in 2005, I attended a service at one of these Y2K churches and the pastor said he wants to give us (first timers) a gift... - The gift of speaking in tongues.. grin grin grin

I was confused. I thought this highly sacred gift comes after months of undiluted committed relationship with the HOLY Spirit?

So how then are we gonna obtain it at a promo price today? Well, I was in for the show. So I waited to see how is it being done.

Pastor, asked us first timer to step out, and then laid hands on each first timer, some fell, others started vibrating and speaking in tongues I didn't understand...

He didn't even lead us to Christ, nor authenticate the status of the bodies he was about transmitting this "Sacred gift" to..

When it got to my turn, I was keen to experience how this gift would be downloaded into me, from their servers without passing the prerequisites.

Man of God, laid hands on me, and kept pushing me to fall. Well, I kept going backwards till we reached the church entrance, then pastor obviously sensed that this one won't fall ooooo. Then he left me......

It was a funny experience though. I tried to get the guy who invite me to their service to elucidate on how the gift of speaking in tongues was processed and transfered to first timers in their church, he kept mentioning the name of his GO in his explanation, rather than referring to the Bible. I just knew that those ones don't know what they were doing.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Dennisochampa: 9:46am On Sep 10, 2023
I gave up on this when one guy then in secondary school.. From Christ embassy fellowship said he would "teach us" how to speak in tongues.
I may not be a church goer but I understand so much that you cannot learn how to speak in tongues.
It's a gift... You either have it or you don't.....
We as humans are blessed with different gifts...
I personally have never spoken in tongues but I see the hands of God in my life every single day!!
There are people who interprete dreams, see the future, etc but the problem now be say, if you no Sabi speak in tongues for some churches, them don dey reason you as unbeliever...
May God help us all to know and practice the best way to serve Him.... Amen

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Maynman: 9:47am On Sep 10, 2023
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by tunjijones(m): 9:49am On Sep 10, 2023
It's so irritating and annoying expecially pastors that speak in tongue into the micro phone.

I thought speaking in tongue is to edify the speaker then why speak gibberish that's doesn't make any meaning to the Congregation into the microphone. For who na?

Most pastor's are guilty of this.

9 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by free2ryhme: 9:49am On Sep 10, 2023
ebubeson:

Reading
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by kilonshele101(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2023
Imagine typing in tongues

10 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by helinues: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2023
grin

Most of those pastors only heard the sound of generator, God did not miss call them not to talk of Talking to them

1 Like

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by diamondbody(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by mainkendo: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2023
Word are limited. Tongue are vast and potentials deeper. From understanding.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by sunsweet33: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2023
A Pentecostal scourge. We don’t do this in the Anglican Church.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Chetas81(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2023
Does the British citizen that brings this religion to us speak in tongues,I come in peace

2 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by illicit(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2023
Regularly abused
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by tunjijones(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2023
Chochovini:
Any speaker in tongue that‘s not the Holy Spirit that‘s leading Him or her is merely blasting nonesense. No apology.

Any tongue that does not have an interpreter is a mere cacophonous Noise. Again, No apology.
“bababababababa-yayayayayaya-mamamamama RUBISH.

It's used mostly by lazy Christians who doesn't know how to pray

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by Chetas81(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2023
Chochovini:

“bababababababa-yayayayayaya-mamamamama RUBISH.
some of this guy's because 2pac in the church
Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by gohf: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2023
Tongues of angels, tongues of men, tongues of demons. Tongues dey, everyone speaks to their own father, some na God others na devil.

The best of the 9 gifts last last na discernment of spirits 😊

5 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by gohf: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2023
kilonshele101:
Imagine typing in tongues
my kid can do that 😁

Modify: there's a YouTube video of tb Joshua writing in tongues infront of white men 🤔

5 Likes

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by tunjijones(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2023
Yankiss:
I don't understand by it's not right to speak in tongues..... Methinks speaking in tongues is spontaneous, led by the Holy Spirit and that the speaker is even not aware of the language or what is being said. The context here presupposes that Speaking in togues is codedly contrived. The speaker is aware of what he was doing and probably speaking gibberish. Anywhere this is the case, it's arrant nonsense. Happy sunday everyone.

What is the essence of speaking a language that you don't understand and nobody around you does.

It's nonsense.

The first time people spoke in tongue in the bible, people around were surprised how come Peter understood their language.

Speaking in tongues is ment for envegelism, when you go and preach to people that you don't understand their language. The holy spirit will make you speak their language without you knowing.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold by kennyz247(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2023
with all this speaking in tongues here and there, Nigeria is the most corrupt and most deadliest country to live...

pastor/alfa killing and raping members.

pastor/Alfa using members for ritual

I think something is not just right with Nigeria religion...

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reasons Why Jesus Christ Never Existed / Can I Refuse The Call Of God? / Christians , Please What's Your Take On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.