Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. (2194 Views)

You Can Never Miss Heaven If You Understand These Three Simple Facts. / Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Conquer Your Fears With These Courage-building Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by harlee(m): 10:30am On Sep 24, 2023
Caveatemptor:

Oga,
Does this thing you wrote make sense or sound reasonable to you. A book by a deity. Why would God inspire a man to write one and inspire another man to write two of the same issue?
Maybe you would care to explain why the resurrection of Jesus story in the four gospels are so DIFFERENT?

Before you is 6,
Before me is 9,
None of us is wrong,we only just see it from different angles.
God bless you.
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Caveatemptor(m): 10:36am On Sep 24, 2023
harlee:

Before you is 6,
Before me is 9,
God bless you.

You conveniently avoided the question of why the resurrection stories in the four canonical gospels of the Bible are different.
Even the answer you gave is very loose,ambiguous and watery.
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Sometimes, you're too unreasonable to continue any conversation with
Your foolishness made you win
Again you ignored my allusion to your own jw.org publication. How long would you continue dodging it? grin
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Sometimes, you're too unreasonable to continue any conversation with
Your foolishness made you win
Again you ignored my allusion to your own jw.org publication. How long would you continue dodging it? grin
Its hard being a theist but harder being a JW
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

That's the way Jaephoenix is
He says he's an atheist and he's selfish and he has to focused on him
Now he is showing humanity first

You no say virus de im brain
Did you or did you not see the post about jw.org actually saying you guys are gays, rapists etc? All these deflection tactics won't work
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Aemmyjah(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Did you or did you not see the post about jw.org actually saying you guys are gays, rapists etc? All these deflection tactics won't work

If it was there
Maybe I did not see it
Why not post it?
Evil slanderer
Atheist living with instant gratification like animals
Claiming selfishness is his purpose but preaching humanity

Continue wailing to your own pain
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 11:59am On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

We have had this argument before and i told you Charity begins at home!

And I told you every people everywhere were taking slaves.

Thus, definitely, the first step in God's Plan is to free His people from slavery, before others.

That is why you do not see any Israelite buying or getting a slave again by David's time. They got the Message and the Commandment And now slavery is condemned all over the world.

So God's Plan has worked in this area as where before people thought slavery was right, now the whole world now knows that it is wrong.

1. People back in bible times were committing murder, worshipping idols. Did Yahweh explicitly tell them to desist in his commandments? Yes.
Were people also capturing people and taking them as slaves. Did Yahweh explicitly tell them to desist in his commandments? No. What did he do? He was telling the slaves how to make sure they make their masters happy. Why didn't he castigate slavery ab initio? <crickets>
2. So after Yahweh 'freed his own people', does slavery stop? No. It continued til the 17th century.
Did Yahweh free 'the others' from slavery? No
3. In David's time, slavery was very much in vogue. Obviously like many Christians you don't read your Bible. You prefer engaging in verbal gymnastics to defend the indefensible.
4. And no, it wasn't yahweh that stopped slavery. You obviously have no idea of history
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
harlee:

Before you is 6,
Before me is 9,
God bless you.
But it was Yahweh that inspired the bible, right?
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If it was there
Maybe I did not see it
Why not post it?
Evil slanderer
Atheist living with instant gratification like animals
Claiming selfishness is his purpose but preaching humanity

Continue wailing to your own pain
Since you denied such evils and you also deny it was published, I'll open a thread about the jw.org snippets. You would defend yourself there
I'll tag you, MadMax and their jw fruitcakes
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Aemmyjah(m): 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Since you denied such evils and you also deny it was published, I'll open a thread about the jw.org snippets. You would defend yourself there
grin grin grin

LIAR cannot provide evidence

Atheists don't belive in a Creator
Hence their lives are completely purposeless and meaningless as what is made has a purpose
They live like animals based on instant gratifications since they have no hope, no future... Living for the moment
No hope for themselves and for others of their same philosophy than just to pursue selfish desires

Do atheists slander too without evidence?
If I am an atheist and my personal philosophy is to be selfish, who should restrict me from being a gay, rapist, terrorists, child abuser, wife snatcher, criminal? These are the types of people an atheistic society should produce based on your philosophy or a misguided religious group or hypocrites. Stop shooting yourself on the brain and lay stupid accusations...

Selfish atheist preaching humanity claiming wise when foolishness signboard de display e address

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. People back in bible times were committing murder, worshipping idols. Did Yahweh explicitly tell them to desist in his commandments? Yes.
Were people also capturing people and taking them as slaves. Did Yahweh explicitly tell them to desist in his commandments? No. What did he do? He was telling the slaves how to make sure they make their masters happy. Why didn't he castigate slavery ab initio?..

Because you are not in chains is why you speak stupidly else you would have known that the first point of action is free the slaves already captured and spoil the the taking of slaves.

If you were a slave you would want to be free first.

So, yet again it is proven that you people are lying blasphemous demons. May it never be well for you people.

jaephoenix:

2. So after Yahweh 'freed his own people', does slavery stop? No. It continued til the 17th century.
Did Yahweh free 'the others' from slavery? No

You never real eyes that the more you talk the more you speak stupidly for your "til the 17th century." already shows that God's anti slavery Plan was being implemented as He started saving other nations when Israel's own was complete.

So please if you don't have anything reasonable to say just bite on wood.

jaephoenix:

3. In David's time, slavery was very much in vogue. Obviously like many Christians you don't read your Bible. You prefer engaging in verbal gymnastics to defend the indefensible.

4. And no, it wasn't yahweh that stopped slavery. You obviously have no idea of history

I clearly said Israelite was not buying or getting a slaves again by David's time and not that slavery was eradicated in the world as you fraudulently tried to twist it into. So you a fraud reaching into fraud because you could not challenge my answer.
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Aemmyjah(m): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

In your stupid thread, you deliberately ignore the fact that it mentions that child abuse is a grave sin right?
Your brain needs to be updated walahi

The fact that our organization says that some have succumbed to sinful desires teaches you what?
What does our organization do to those that are unrepentant?
When such ones are disfellowshipped, you say it is unloving...

Atheists have no purpose in life
That's what atheist to to those who reveal their folly

You say all of us are abusing others
Some and all are same right?

When someone intelligence is beaten, he starts to spread lies and mislead others
That's why you made alliance with the same people you believe are stupid cos they believe in a Creator and apostates to attack and slander
Your intelligence will forever be beaten
Sorry for the pain you suffer
I understand you did not expect to meet people on NL to reduce your intelligence to nothing... One unique group stands out... In your pain, start throwing stones
People don't throw stones at a mango tree that it's fruits are not ripe
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by cornelboy(f): 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

In your stupid thread, you deliberately ignore the fact that it mentions that child abuse is a grave sin right?
Your brain needs to be updated walahi

The fact that our organization says that some have succumbed to sinful desires teaches you what?
What does our organization do to those that are unrepentant?
When such ones are disfellowshipped, you say it is unloving...

Atheists have no purpose in life
That's what atheist to to those who reveal their folly

You say all of us are abusing others
Some and all are same right?

When someone intelligence is beaten, he starts to spread lies and mislead others
That's why you made alliance with the same people you believe are stupid cos they believe in a Creator and apostates to attack and slander
Your intelligence will forever be beaten
Sorry for the pain you suffer
I understand you did not expect to meet people on NL to reduce your intelligence to nothing... One unique group stands out... In your pain, start throwing stones
People don't throw stones at a mango tree that it's fruits are not ripe
That guy no get anything for head cheesy cheesy
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Aemmyjah(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

That guy no get anything for head cheesy cheesy

Nothing de
Na just gas de inside
And he claims to be a doctor
I pity unfortunate patients these days
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by cornelboy(f): 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Nothing de
Na just gas de inside
And he claims to be a doctor
I pity unfortunate patients these days
Ah ọmọ!
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by SIRTee15: 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Trying to take control of one's destiny, does not mean one can actually control such destiny.
Even your own dictionary meaning clearly stated destiny is predetermined(irrespective of what you do)
2. About chatgpt, u didn't even know anything about it. You were just blabbing on that thread.
3. So when someone quotes another person word for word, its not verbatim?

1. Learn the difference btw fate n destiny

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by SIRTee15: 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Trying to take control of one's destiny, does not mean one can actually control such destiny.
Even your own dictionary meaning clearly stated destiny is predetermined(irrespective of what you do)
2. About chatgpt, u didn't even know anything about it. You were just blabbing on that thread.
3. So when someone quotes another person word for word, its not verbatim?

Mr Man, the keyword here is dictate. Don't skip it.
Were the scribes/prophets writing what God dictated to them verbatim?

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by xproducer: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Can you point out where the prophecies were made?

++++++++

From cover to cover in all sixty-six books of the Holy Bible... a few of which I alluded to prior... do some prayer and research.

Acts 17:10-11
New King James Version
Ministering at Berea

"Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. / Attention: Nccf Edo State Online Reunion / Islam And Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.