Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? (10048 Views)

Performance Survey: Rate Your Governor / APC To Lai Mohammed: Submit To Your Governor, It Is Not Business As Usual / List Of Federal Roads In Nigeria, In Case Your Governor Lied To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by iyerikan12: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
Plateau state nothing
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Azzai: 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
[Nothing
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Mosba: 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
Truthday:
إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُكُمْ أَنْ تُؤَدُّوا الْأَمَانَاتِ إِلَى أَهْلِهَا وَإِذَا حَكَمْتُمْ بَيْنَ النَّاسِ أَنْ تَحْكُمُوا بِالْعَدْلِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ نِعِمَّا يَعِظُكُمْ بِهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ سَمِيعًا بَصِيرًا [النساء:58

God commands you to return the trusts to their owners, and when you judge between people, to judge with justice. Indeed, He is All-Hearing and All-Seeing [An-Nisa: 58

Shiek, well done, but no governor wants to hear this o
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Foodqueen(f): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
It's in our mail box.
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by orikoku: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
I received the news. I hope Nigeria get better soon.
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by MrJames007: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mynd44:
I am not poor. The palliatives are meant for the poor hence I have not gotten amd I don't pray to get too.

I thank Obatala for where I am and I pray those who need it gets and also their life gets better so they won't need it anymore
Blablabla... Was that the question? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Diligent1(f): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
I did not receive anything
From Lagos State
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by MSN1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
Enskynelson:
In a development that has stirred both anticipation and controversy, it has now been over a fortnight since the President's announcement of a substantial disbursement of 5 Billion Naira to each state, aimed at alleviating the economic hardships wrought by the removal of fuel subsidies. This initiative has sparked intense scrutiny, as many Nigerians have voiced skepticism over the decision to entrust such a significant sum of funds to Governors, who are often criticized for their reluctance to allocate federal resources for the welfare of their constituents at the state and local government levels.

The pressing question that arises in the wake of this release is this: What contributions have you witnessed thus far as part of the palliative measures provided by your State Governors?

NB: This will help us to know if the decision of the President to hand over such sum to the Governors was the best or not.
A very important question because a lot of people heap the blame on ONLY the president.
Most times our problems are closer to us than we can ever imagine.
BTW, My state Governor increased Civil Servants salaries by 10k and it was said to last for 3 months but this is not commendable enough as we have a lot of commoners going through hell this period.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by qitab(m): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2023
I got nothing. But my dad got half mudu of rice & guinea corn. Nigeria has a long way 2 go.....Niger State, Katcha LGA(Kataeregi)

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by qitab(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
Allahu Akbar
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Solababa91(m): 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
When they are seeking for position, they devise means to making campaign "guguru and epa" get to almost everybody with struck monitoring including penalizing those who do not deliver the goody goody but as soon as they get to power they suddenly lose the technical know how. What a shame!
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by MrBONE2(m): 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2023
wunmi590:

Palliative ke....

Is that not because of the money that Akeredolu quickly rushed down back to Nigeria, so that his deputy will not short change him...

grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Willie2015: 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
MSN1:

A very important question because a lot of people heap the blame on ONLY the president.
Most times our problems are closer to us than we can ever imagine.
BTW, My state Governor increased Civil Servants salaries by 10k and it was said to last for 3 months but this is not commendable enough as we have a lot of commoners going through hell this period.

D blame goes to the President...
Palliatives admin should have guidleines...
It should go thru an account with a verified BVN...
FG uses technology to collect taxes from masses...
the same FG uses manual system when it comes to palliatives... cheesy
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by askolly(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
I receive nothing, I didn't see anything in my area.
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Programmer47: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
Palliative where? Don't we all know its a scam?
Nobody is talking about the gradual subsidy the drug man reintroduced.

That's how they make stupid policies without thinking. Surround himself with spineless yes men and starts to wonder where the rot is coming from
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Fab21: 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2023
We've gotten BRT in Oyo State.
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by LivingSage: 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
You talk like a kid

How much do you think he can be paid that he'll have to rely on as the only source of income sad
ALCOHOLKILLS:

who ask you mr man, how much seun de pay you self, you need that palliatives more than anyone in this forum. stop pretending
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by MSN1(m): 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
Willie2015:

D blame goes to the President...
Palliatives admin should have guidleines...
It should go thru an account with a verified BVN...
FG uses technology to collect taxes from masses...
the same FG uses manual system when it comes to palliatives... cheesy
How do I use technology to send funds to commoners?.
I doubt if u know how wicked Nigerians are to each other.
If they approve at the top, it doesn't get down.
I am not siding anyone here, it's just pure facts.
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Willie2015: 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
MSN1:

How do I use technology to send funds to commoners?.
I doubt if u know how wicked Nigerians are to each other.
If they approve at the top, it doesn't get down.
I am not siding anyone here, it's just pure facts.

State Govt to provide Master List LG BY LG...
Get beneficiaries to open accounts...
U dont need to go to traditional banks...
There are MFB, Opay..Moniepoint....
Accounts must have a BVN...
FG mandate CBN to disburse to approved banks for payment to direct beneficiaries...
Master list will be published in Newspapers and available online with beneficiaries details and photos...
Its way better than the current process...
And u can audit it easily...
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by HENRY940: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
I received air
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by obotematics: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
Just news,I just tire!
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
5bn×36=180bn
Add Tinubu's personal palliative ,minister's,senator's nd others nd u will see that the money can be used to renovate one of our existing refineries to a standard one thus save us from importing fuel
Truly,when God threw Lucifer down from heaven am sure he landed in Nigeria
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by abiodunbright(m): 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
Enskynelson:
In a development that has stirred both anticipation and controversy, it has now been over a fortnight since the President's announcement of a substantial disbursement of 5 Billion Naira to each state, aimed at alleviating the economic hardships wrought by the removal of fuel subsidies. This initiative has sparked intense scrutiny, as many Nigerians have voiced skepticism over the decision to entrust such a significant sum of funds to Governors, who are often criticized for their reluctance to allocate federal resources for the welfare of their constituents at the state and local government levels.

The pressing question that arises in the wake of this release is this: What contributions have you witnessed thus far as part of the palliative measures provided by your State Governors?

NB: This will help us to know if the decision of the President to hand over such sum to the Governors was the best or not.

Abracadabra palliatives
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by MrAgbako: 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mynd44:
I am not poor. The palliatives are meant for the poor hence I have not gotten amd I don't pray to get too.

I thank Obatala for where I am and I pray those who need it gets and also their life gets better so they won't need it anymore

next time thank God that created heaven and earth and everything therein instead of small demonic gods like obatala
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Emeka71(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
Revolution2022:
The palliatives are not meant for the the people.They are meant for governors.
So right.
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by ivolt: 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2023
Enskynelson:

So, do you think the decision of the President to handover such huge sum the Governors was the best option?
Nothing was handed over.
It was a loan.
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by QueenDima47(f): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2023
All the Yoruba Muslims have received
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Enskynelson(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2023
ivolt:

Nothing was handed over.
It was a loan.
The loan was given or not?
Bailout funds, how many governors have returned theirs till now?
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by ivolt: 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
Enskynelson:

The loan was given or not?
Bailout funds, how many governors have returned theirs till now?
Governors don't return such loans.
It get deducted automatically from allocations.
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Awesome01(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2023
Ogun state. Nothing
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Mrpojj(m): 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
Revolution2022:
The palliatives are not meant for the the people.They are meant for governors.
They don't know
Re: Subsidy Palliatives: What Have You Received From Your Governor? by Enskynelson(m): 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
ivolt:

Governors don't return such loans.
It get deducted automatically from allocations.
OK. Thanks for the enlightenment. Have the deductions been done successfully?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reuben Abati's Response To Patience Jonathan AU Delegates Story / FG Approves ₦1.5 Billion For Customs To Procure 46 Vehicles / I Have Delivered On Change Agenda – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.