Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) (3903 Views)

Did You Get This Message From MTN? / How To Borrow Real Money From MTN Via MTN Xtracash / Please How Can I Migrate From MTN Pulse To Beta Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Koppaguard: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2023
I just saw this message pop up on my phone while surfing a thread here, is this not daylight robbery? I can't remember subscribing for anything at all, moreover there is no option for me to cancel subscription.

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2023
You've mistakenly accepted their offer.

I can see the thread you're surfing is Moyo's thread. cool

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by TheGreatIYANU: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2023
It's right there... 'CANCEL'

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Goalnaldo(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2023
Criminal network. They do this everyday. I encounter it at least 3 times in a day

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Mrniceguy001: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
Miracood2:
You've mistakenly accepted their offer.

I can see the thread you're surfing is Moyo's thread. cool
bad man grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Nairalander248: 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
Koppaguard:
I just saw this message pop up on my phone while surfing a thread here, is this not daylight robbery? I can't remember subscribing for anything at all, moreover there is no option for me to cancel subscription.
And no option to opt out ? These guys are using your head...
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by henrycloud: 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2023
They wanted to trick you. It's only an ad. If you chose either option listed, then you have subscribed. Next time, just swipe it off your screen.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by trusted(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
Contact me for your Original Pure Honey. We delivered anywhere in Nigeria. Min Order is 1KG.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by sirtuler(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
This how my #150 was deducted very early morning around 6am without subscribing to any of their rubbish.
.I was wondering what happened to my airtime because I no I still have airtime nit until when I checked my message I discovered that they have sent me a message for two deductions and is for daily sub. I called their customer care they lied that have subscribe to that rubbish which am very sure I don't not.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Koppaguard: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
Nairalander248:

And no option to opt out ? These guys are using your head...
Yeah, I just discovered that.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Koppaguard: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
sirtuler:
This how my #150 was deducted very early morning around 6am without subscribing to any of their rubbish.
.I was wondering what happened to my airtime because I no I still have airtime nit until when I checked my message I discovered that they have sent me a message for two deductions and is for daily sub. I called their customer care they lied that have subscribe to that rubbish which am very sure I don't not.
But why is MTN behaving this way?
🤔

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2023
No try accept that offer o if not na auto renewal go be your faith.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by REGINALD001(m): 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
The network, though I use them.......but their means of extortions are high in carbohydrates

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Timagex(m): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
It's a click bait.

There was a time I was greatly afraid of recharging my MTN line, because, anytime I recharge, my airtime disappears. I called customer care one day at the middle of the night and I "gbewonsepe" out of frustration and anger. That was when I was informed that I subscribed to a lot of things. I personally checked via a code I was given and I was more than surprised that I unknowingly subscribed to some nonsense. Daily jokes, daily motivations, weather report, etc. All was cancelled and I have been free since then.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Paschalmaryy(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2023
MTN has become something person no fit explain. They deducted same to me.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by werisetogether(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
Maybe you can alert them on X (formerly known as Twitter)

Koppaguard:
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Derrylatei: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
Call and ask them to turn off any unsolicited ads for their end. This is what I did to stop mine when MTN frequently used this strategy to scam my hard earn airtime.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Bukola94: 4:37am On Sep 12, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Criminal network. They do this everyday. I encounter it at least 3 times in a day
If not because GLO network is slow and poor coverage in some area in my place I think GLO could have been better. All the do is ambassador artist contract, artists wey no dey use your network. The 1st comment saying he mistakenly accepted their offer, is not in every cases, MTN is wiser than U and me now. What I do is always on data saver,and that what limit them,else dey still zap my data like coke. Imagine I sub 10GB/12/15GB which still don't last till 30days. Between Airtel & MTN don't know which zap data pass. Maybe I will try 9mobile one day,but I feel their data sub is costly and low data volume,compare to what Airtel and MTN offer, but have good fast speed.GLO give big data,that I don't finish due to slow 3G/4G. Arise! Good morning nairaland gentlemen & young youths like us,top of the morning to us all. May God bless our trying, hardwork and hustling spirit, I respect those that are working, earning and hustling Nigeria citizens. Nigeria is not an easy enterprises to survive, na God all the way,Buhari deceive US,don't let the same happens again, stop the pen thieves and corrupt politicians at all cost. Let's arise again and make Nigeria a better place to live. Thanks
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 12, 2023
Honestly these are low style scams from these network providers.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by KingLennon(m): 6:39am On Sep 12, 2023
That's one way they make their money on a low. Network providers and Banks are making cool money
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Comradewitney(f): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2023
grin[center][/center] ha ha ha you no know My, they just paid your school fees for you.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Sparkle777(f): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2023
MTN are well known credit thievees, same thing happened to me and left me wondering when and how I subscribed to pure rubbissh, which I never saw any. I pressed One Off but never loaded any airtime for long. I use Airtel mostly now.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Haakeem(m): 10:42am On Sep 12, 2023
sirtuler:

If they try that with me, blood go flow.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) by Parkflash(f): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2023
They're fond of popping up ads especially when I'm typing before I know, boom...I don click accept.
Thank God I only use my MTN for data subscription so they won't even see any airtime to deduct sef.

(1) (Reply)

SL4A An Alternative To SAS On Android Phones / The New Tecno Camon 12 Pro Specs And Price / Like Camon 15 Premier, Like Phantom X??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.