Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke (12975 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Senate Minority Whip, Nwokocha (LP); Affirms Pdp's Akobundu / Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Nnamani (LP), Affirms Apga's Ikwechegh / Abia Tribunal: Uproar As Minister Of Justice-Designate Fagbemi Shows Up In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Nemere2020: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
TRIBUNAL SACKS ANOTHER ABIA LP REPS MEMBER

National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Umuahia Abia has sacked the member representing Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency, Ibe Okwara of the Labour Party and declared APC’s Dan Okeke winner of the February 25 National Assembly election in the constituency.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02jSvTnZgZLXGF7jFmmv8GqYxLSb1inQqvxA7VARb34XsyqRBM6VwfRSHh81ieeSvil&id=100063760314744&mibextid=Nif5oz

Okwara reacts

PRESS STATEMENT BY CHIEF IBE OKWARA OSONWA, HON. MEMBER REPRESENTING AROCHUKWU/OHAFIA FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY
My attention has just been drawn to a judgment delivered few minutes ago by the National and State House of Assembly Election Tribunal sitting in Umuahia, comprising of Hon. Justice Adeyinka A. Aderibgbe (Chairman), Hon. Justice Kadi Mustaha A. Lalloki (Member I) and Hon. Justice Farouk U. Sarki (Member II).
I am reliably informed by my team of lawyers, that the said judgment, in summary, disqualified my candidacy for the election under the platform of the Labour Party and my return as the winner of the said election as declared by INEC, having garnered the majority of lawful votes cast.
It will be important to state that at the conclusion of the election in the Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency, INEC in their declaration returned me as the winner with 8,946 votes, while Okeke Chimezie and APC scored 6, 635 votes.
Following my said disqualification, the Tribunal declared Okeke Chimezie of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the winner of the election, and, further Ordered that the Certificate of return issued to me be withdrawn and same issued to the said Okeke Chimezie.
The Tribunal, I am informed, hinged their judgment on my disqualification on Sections 77(2) and (3) of the Electoral Act, 2022, an issue which the Appellate Courts have severally posited are not for the Election Tribunal, but remain in the domain of pre – election matters.
My candidacy for election under the Labour Party had never been in doubt and was further reinforced by the Federal High Court sitting in Umuahia, in a well – considered judgment delivered on 4/12/2022 in Suit No.: FHC/UM/CS/129/2022.
Today’s Tribunal judgment is not only perverse in all its ramifications, but also an affront on the established tenets of democracy and the wish and rights of the good people of the Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency in choosing their representative at the National Assembly.
I wish to assure all my constituents of my resolve to Appeal this judgment in my determined bid to recover the mandate freely given to me by a wide majority of the people of my constituency. I urge all my supporters to remain calm and prayerful as this “victory” against us is only phyric, and, will not endure, as the points upon which this perverse judgment is hinged cannot be sustained on the basis of the facts, circumstances of the case and the extant electoral laws.
I want to emphasize my belief, trust and confidence in the ability of the Nigerian Judiciary to dispense justice to all manner of men without fear, favour, ill – will or affection.  
My impending Appeal will definitely bring succor to our present discomfort as a result of this judgment and reinforce my emergence as your representative at the lower chamber of the National Assembly.
DATED THIS 11th DAY OF SEPTEMBER

CHIEF IBE OKWARA OSONWA
(Hon. Member Representing Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency)

10 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
Abia's recent tribunal decision serves as a beacon of hope for our democracy. Upholding the principles of transparency and fairness in elections is vital. Resolving disputes through legal channels underscores our commitment to the rule of law, a cornerstone of any thriving democracy.

Remember to check my signature and contact me for your school assignment

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by oshozondii: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
There is a wahalaing somewhere

4 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Hikana: 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
APC in Abia state. Not even PDP.
I fear who no fear Nigeria. This is loud

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by kingsways: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
kk
Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Appletek: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
Na from clap dance dey start.

Alex Otti go don dey piss for body.

Alexander Otti
Abia State Caretaker Governor
May 2023 to October 2023.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by flokii: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
This recent wave of tribunal sacking EluuP flag bearers left, right and centre will pain some people o..

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Ogonimilitant(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
ok
Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Kingdemu: 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
Obidients, the floor is open. Come and insult your country!

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by richidinho(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
grin

Obidients join me lets laugh No.7&8

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by DamnnNiggarr: 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
shocked

make dem no do this rubbish of sacking LP elected members near where Alex Otti is.

I just talk my own.

4 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by AsomughaChuks05: 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
Congratulations to him. Ellupee rigged so much in the south east.

Breaking News: Abia election tribunal has also nullified the election of Ellu pee in Aba north and south federal constituency. Declares candidate of APGA winner.

LP is an IPOB terrorist party.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Appletek: 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
Some LP candidates will be happy they didn't win.
Tribunal dey comot them like bad habit.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
All these gbas gbos. LP need to be well grounded some other time.
For now let celebrate with the winners and let join hands to move our Nation forward.

9 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Bfly: 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
Our democracy now in the hand of judges

4 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Helpfromabove1(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
In view of the legal lawsuit that follows after election and possible change of outcome there is a need to move the general election to like December or November to give more time for all these tribunal decisions before the start of the next government because all the allowances and salaries will not be paid back and the new person will still ask for his own annual allowance and benefits

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by kennyz247(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
hmmm
Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Creationlifesty: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Appletek: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
Bfly:
Our democracy now in the hand of judges

As you dey cry, dey hold evidence.
Don't be like Peter Obi. grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Appletek: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
Creationlifesty:
Is that necessary?

Very necessary to rub it in.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by johnjose68: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by hisexcellency34: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
Who did Elupee members offend

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by iammo(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
grin

Loser Party

If overbloated LP results of Ellupee is audited in SouthEast to uncover their massive fruad, they won't have a single rep

Obi needs to go and appease and beg the spirit of Ojuckwu in APGA

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by usecondom(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
Wahala
Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Appletek: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked
make dem no do this rubbish of sacking LP elected members near where Alex Otti is.

I just talk my own.

Akpu noisemaker.
If court comot Otti, make he no comot.

14 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2023
This one they are sacking many LP candidates here and there is not fare
Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by SmartPolician: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2023
It seems the APC is manipulating the judiciary.
APC should not try this madness with Abia State guber election. Imo State hasn't survived useless governor it imposed on her four years later.

Yeye country! People are only interested in grabbing power with no idea what to do with it. When you tell them their brains are lower than Pentium 2, they start crying.

3 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Appletek: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
iammo:
grin
Loser Party

Obi needs to go and appease and beg the spirit of Ojuckwu in APGA .

Peter has infected LP with the curse following him.

16 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by LivingSage: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
Good for our democracy

The judgment of election petition tribunal so far is strengthening our democracy.

Nigeria is getting it right, we're happy as citizen

15 Likes

Re: Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Okwara (LP), Affirms Apc's Okeke by Bfly: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
Appletek:

As you dey cry, dey hold evidence.
Don't be like Peter Obi. grin

You and Obi can can go to hell with or without evidence.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdul Mutallab's Online Posts! / Dele Momodu Celebrates His 59th Birthday, Shares Throwback Photos / Senate Confirms Akpabio’s Ex-Chief Of Staff, Umoren As INEC REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.