Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency (4404 Views)

2023 Igbo Presidency Is Not Negotiable, Ohanaeze Youths Threaten / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" / Igbo Presidency: Okorocha 'Stands The Best Chance' - Governor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Quintessence44: 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
I fear an Igbo presidency. With each passing day, and with each anti-Nigerian comment I read on social media, of which 98% are from Igbos, the more I fear, and the more my soul rejects an Igbo presidency.

I reckon they lack the patriotism to be trusted with power over this federation, and could use that power, if granted them, to sabotage the country, leading to its disintegration.

We can’t afford to take that chance in my view.

I can imagine the ruling classes also see this trajectory of deep Igbo unpatriotism, and are equally taking notes on the need to prevent their presidency anytime soon.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Fejoku: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:
I fear an Igbo presidency. With each passing day, and with each anti-Nigeria comment I read on social media, of which 98% are from Igbos, the more I fear, and the more my soul rejects an Igbo presidency.

I reckon they lack the patriotism to be trusted with power over this federation, and could use that power, if granted them, to sabotage the country, leading to its disintegration.

Then simply support our departure from Nigeria. Support Biafra so you don't have to live in fear of us again. Simple as A B C.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Quintessence44: 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
Fejoku:

Then simply support our departure from Nigeria. Support Biafra so you don't have to live in fear of us again. Simple as A B C.

The trouble with Biafra is that you are looking to seize the south-south non Igbo territories because of their oil and gas resources.

If you just seceded with your 5 Igbo states alone, no one would stop you.

We will even clap for you and perform traditional dances as you board your rickety buses home.

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Mindlog: 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:
I fear an Igbo presidency. With each passing day, and with each anti-Nigeria comment I read on social media, of which 98% are from Igbos, the more I fear, and the more my soul rejects an Igbo presidency.

I can imagine the ruling classes also see this trajectory of deep Igbo unpatriotism, and are equally taking notes on the need to prevent their presidency anytime soon.

Your soul should better keep rejecting it and continue to enjoy the dream Nigeria, your tribe has made it to be. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by adebayo987: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:

Right but for inclusive politics, they need to be up there just as others have. So, let's give them the chance and for the records, they can't do any rubbish on that seat.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by nairalanda1(m): 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:
I fear an Igbo presidency. With each passing day, and with each anti-Nigerian comment I read on social media, of which 98% are from Igbos, the more I fear, and the more my soul rejects an Igbo presidency.

1.I am not Igbo, an Obi supporter, or even a tinubu supporter for that matter.

2.Remember how people were saying that a Buhari presidency(I also never have voted for Buhari, because he was head of state in the 1980's and by 1999, he should have retired and been something of an adviser, not a president.)....would bring Sharia, etc. Remember all the violent commets by Northerners on the thread

We had 8 years of Buhari. Advances for Islam, and Sharia= 0.

3.Igbo presidency would be like every Nigerian presidency since time immemorial. Nothing for Biafra, nothing for restructuring, nothing even for easy forex, EVERYTHING for looting.

Abeg, when an Igbo man rules this country, I no go worry. After all, after 8 years of Buhari, am still practicing christianity, the Sharia judge that was in charge of the Supreme court, got disgraced out of office, and there is still no federal sharia law.

Even break up of Nigeria...has any Nigerian leader broken up the country. To even break up country, we have to pass law through a National Assembly made up of majority One Nigerianists...yea, that would work. Plus, breakup= instability. No one wants instability.

You should grow up, and stop hating people from other tribes. If I was to go through the number of Nigerians over the years that helped me, from a minority tribe, and are still helping me...and all of them come from a variety of tribes......you would conclude there is hope for Nigerian unity.

And anyway, if Igbo person becomes president, how many people can he or she appoint? Are all of Tinubu's ministers from Lagos state, for example?

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Quintessence44: 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
adebayo987:
Right but for inclusive politics, they need to be up there just as others have. So, let's give them the chance and for the records, they can't do any rubbish on that seat.

The presidency is not handed on a plate. You have to build bridges across the country and get tens of millions of people outside your ethnic group to TRUST YOU to wield power over them.

The Igbos do the exact opposite of this. Trashing the country at every turn. Rejoicing when bad news hits the country. Dismissing positive news about it.

How in the hell do you expect Nigerians to troop out en masse to vote for you with that attitude?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Fejoku: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:

The trouble with Biafra is that you are looking to seize the south-south non Igbo territories because of their oil and gas resources.

But we did ask for a referendum for all those areas as it is done all over the world. Where then did you 'siezing' accusation coming from?
Support our request for referendum and exit from Nigeria. Simple!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by flokii: 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2023
Nigerians are taking note of their unpatriotic and hateful utterances.. If we say most of them act first before thinking, it will look like insult but it's the fact.

After spending the next 3 years abusing Yorubas and our amiable president, they will look for one fraud of Igbo extraction to package on eve of elections for Nigerians (that they think are imbeciles) to vote for. We dey wait una.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by nairalanda1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2023
Fejoku:

But we did ask for a referendum for all those areas as it is done all over the world. Where then did you 'siezing' accusation coming from?

No you did not ask for referendum as it is asked all over the world.

The problem with you Biafranists, is that you tend to forget that all the places that held referendum...got the appropriate law passed first. Scottish referendum...they got a law passed in 2010 to make the thing possible in 4 years time. Ditto the Quebec referendum.

Go to National Assembly, petition for referendum...una no go do. Disgrace Ekweremadu even gave you the roadmap on how to do it, you no wan follow am.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Phantom233: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2023
So you really want Nigeria to remain as one but you guys keep supporting the marginalization of the igbos, even the south south whose resources is used in sustaining the entire nation was not allowed to taste power lately. Just because a few greedy sect feels that they'll be castigated if political and economic power is out of their reach. But time will tell.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Quintessence44: 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2023
Fejoku:

It is your own Igbo leaders in the senate and house of reps that should be filing a motion for referendum and secession, which they haven’t done.

It is nobody else’s job to do that.

Tinubu cannot just wake up and order a referendum. He has no constitutional authority to do that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Sharpsharp00123: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
adebayo987:
they can do many things

Don’t trust a man who don’t love u n made it clear with a sword for a second

U will regret it

Check their comments after d election loss n u will see the love they showed u before election is fake

See how they keep wishing Nigeria evil now, see how they suddenly want military take over, imagine how they keep embarrassing themselves all in d name of embarrassing tinubu

They have a long way to go if they want to b trusted

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by helinues: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
they can do many things

Don’t trust a man who don’t love u n made it clear with a sword for a second

U will regret it

Check their comments after d election loss n u will see the love they showed u before election is fake

See how they keep wishing Nigeria evil now, see how they suddenly want military take over, imagine how they keep embarrassing themselves all in d name of embarrassing tinubu

They have a long way to go if they want to b trusted

Toh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Quintessence44: 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Finally Igbos have conquered yorubas emotionally and psychologically.

I just pity you guys, you can't fight Igbos o. You guys are just doing all these gra gra because normal Igbos are not aware of your hate.

Even North with so many multiple tribes feels the hit from Igbos. Yoruba are not as many as only Hausa talkess of adding fulani and other minority tribes to fight Igbo.

You guys should use your head, you don't have fighting spirit to sustain Igbo wahala

I am not Yoruba.

As for the rest of the gibberish you typed, I’m not interested.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by WhiteNRed: 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
[quote author=Quintessence44 post=125726487]I fear an Igbo presidency. With each passing day, and with each anti-Nigerian comment I read on social media, of which 98% are from Igbos, the more I fear, and the more my soul rejects an Igbo presidency.

And since you have been denying them the chance to rule, Nigeria has become a better place right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Bendeco2020: 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:

I am not Yoruba.

No, you're Nupe grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by ValarDoharis: 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
So you think that the Nigerian president has powers to dissolve Nigeria?

How old are you?
Quintessence44:

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Quintessence44: 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
x
Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Quintessence44: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
ValarDoharis:
So you think that the Nigerian president has powers to dissolve Nigeria?

How old are you?

You are so naive.

You better go and learn about the power and resources available to a Nigerian president.

You must be very young to not know that an African leader with a budget of tens of billions of dollars at his disposal can influence events in his territory with ease.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by JOemmy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
Any nigerian that is scared of igbo presidency is just an irredeemable bigot that's even for more unpatriotic than the igbos he is demonizing I honestly don't see any igbo president that will be far worse than buhari's presidency that deeply physically divided nigeria but yet nigerians still tolerated him. This bigot op should explain how a civilian igbo president can singlehandedly divide nigeria without the approval of the national assembly?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by ValarDoharis: 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
You're complaining of Igbos yet happy with the barriers to their exit.

Somewhere in your mind, you know if Igbos leave, there'd be no Nigeria as we know it; others would leave as well. This is why even though you hate the Igbos, you're willing to stay with them in Nigeria
Quintessence44:

It is your own Igbo leaders in the senate and house of reps that should be filing a motion for referendum and secession, which they haven’t done.

It is nobody else’s job to do that.

Tinubu cannot just wake up and order a referendum. He has no constitutional authority to do that.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by gidgiddy: 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:

Support Igbos going their way as Biafra and you need not gave to ever worry about Igbos again

But of course we know that unity beggars no go gree

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by nairalanda1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:

You are so naive.

You better go and learn about the power and resources available to a Nigerian president.

You must be very young to not know that an African leader with a budget of tens of billions of dollars at his disposal can influence events in his territory with ease.

No Nigerian president can divide Nigeria.

There is no law for secession in the country's constitution. The last time we had a National constitutional conference, secession was not on the agenda, and was even specifically excluded from the agenda.

President wey no get power to create state, or even LGA, na secession him go do?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by fx45(m): 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:

In essence, the only reason you people want the so-called South South is because of the oil. Remove the oil and you guys would've thrown them under the bus alongside their 'recalcitrant' Biafran brothers.

It's all about the oil I guess. The fear of losing the cash cow is real!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by ValarDoharis: 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
So why are you hiding under Yorubas?
Quintessence44:

I am not Yoruba.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by ValarDoharis: 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
How will a civilian president of Igbo extraction divide Nigeria?
Quintessence44:

You are so naive.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Bendeco2020: 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
ValarDoharis:
So why are you hiding under Yorubas?
Don't mind that guy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by jmoore(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:

The presidency is not handed on a plate. You have to build bridges across the country and get tens of millions of people outside your ethnic group to TRUST YOU to wield power over them.

The Igbos do the exact opposite of this. Trashing the country at every turn. Rejoicing when bad news hits the country. Dismissing positive news about it.

How in the hell do you expect Nigerians to troop out en masse to vote for you with that attitude?

Signs of mental illness.

When Igbo people gave majority of their votes to Obasanjo, Goodluck and Yar Adua, it was not building bridges?

You guys can't even pretend to hide your igbophobia.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am SCARED Of An Igbo Presidency by Zooposki(f): 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
Quintessence44:

I can imagine the ruling classes also see this trajectory of deep Igbo unpatriotism, and are equally taking notes on the need to prevent their presidency anytime soon

What of Northern presidents that undo all the hard work of the Southern presidents and take us back into the Stone Age. Are you scared of them?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident Along Potiskum - Damturu Highway, Yobe Claims 10 Lives / South South Region Guide  / Campaign To Boycott Cow Meat Begins. See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.