Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

My Tenant Was Burnt To Death - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death (41683 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Lonestar124: 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
Israel5:
I have just been informed by neighbours from my house in my home town that my tenant was burnt to death by people in the environment. They almost burnt my house too but for some interventions. They ransacked the entire house, burn any item they could find, cutting down trees and pulling down doors.

He was accused of stealing and selling children. Four children have been reported missing. He confirmed it, only that they can not be recovered. That was before they meted jungle justice on him. He was survived by a wife and four children. The family are in police custody now. All his properties brought out and set on fire.
As I write, I am in shock right now. I can't travel there. All the while this devil told me he deals with Rice and other food items. He usually comes to Abuja to sell his items, asking to visit my house but for some reason I refused to let him. I have never him physically though. I thought he was a good man, how that he helped secure the property. It was after his death yesterday, I got to find out that he rented other rooms to some students and was collecting rent. Unfortunately, the properties of these students were burnt too. Not my problem.

I have contacted a property lawyer, and sent him there. He confirmed the incident, but asked me to sell the entire property.

Is that the right call? Seeing that the people see the house as bad omen now.
Please what do I do? Am I going to be implicated? I don't know the devil.
Don't sell anything, be calm now until you are invited into the matter, in fact selling the building hurriedly will send a feeling that you are complicit to the crime going on your house.... Don't wise!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by yusluvad(m): 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
Terrible tenant!
A lot is happening behind close doors in local communities here in our country!
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by PaulH07: 4:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
REGINALD001:
The property is central then since it's Otukpo, don't rush to sell it to avoid issues since you are clean...... Just get ready to be invited by the law enforcers ....... Say your own side of the story.

Otukpo people?!!!! shocked

Op you lucky oh!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by zeuss: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
Wizcollifa:
Come Otukpo come talk this rubbish, you go join am ASAP.
U just want blood... Make e no be u or ur family own one day.
What evidence do u have against this man if it's not them say?
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Error401: 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
how person go dey bear dangermouse ?

dangermouse:
Do not sell your property because of this incident. If the compound is fenced and gated then lock it up for the mean time.

Not your fault that u rented to a criminal.

Renovate the house later and rent out only this time proper vetting needs done.
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by MorningStar233: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
Asquare84:

Na otukpo na, dey news dey everywhere.

Why bringing the man out?
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by VULCAN(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
Shame on the animals in human skin. God bless Fela
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Hassanmaye(m): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2023
Israel5:
I have just been informed by neighbours from my house in my home town that my tenant was burnt to death by people in the environment. They almost burnt my house too but for some interventions. They ransacked the entire house, burn any item they could find, cutting down trees and pulling down doors.

He was accused of stealing and selling children. Four children have been reported missing. He confirmed it, only that they can not be recovered. That was before they meted jungle justice on him. He was survived by a wife and four children. The family are in police custody now. All his properties brought out and set on fire.
As I write, I am in shock right now. I can't travel there. All the while this devil told me he deals with Rice and other food items. He usually comes to Abuja to sell his items, asking to visit my house but for some reason I refused to let him. I have never him physically though. I thought he was a good man, how that he helped secure the property. It was after his death yesterday, I got to find out that he rented other rooms to some students and was collecting rent. Unfortunately, the properties of these students were burnt too. Not my problem.

I have contacted a property lawyer, and sent him there. He confirmed the incident, but asked me to sell the entire property.

God has saved you.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Senioreddy: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Israel5:
Thank you @SenecaTheYonger, @Socialmediaman, @Brownemeka, @KingLennon, and every other person for your opinions. I have taken it into advisement and decided on the way forward.
@Myer, hm, no blood is going to be on my head eh. Olila!

After due consultations, I have made a decision. The property will be under lock and in the hands of the lawyer for now. I may not disclose details here for security reasons, cos I can see some justice seekers and mobmen here already blaming me for my negligence, but I have learnt my lessons.

Thank you all.

In whatever decision you decide to take, kindly carry the traditional ruler, council of chiefs and elders in your home town. Explain to them and possibly let them help you arrange a town hall meeting so you can also let everyone know you have no hand in his evil acts.

5 Likes

Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Myer(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
jmoore:

It's not a matter of daughter.

Point is due diligence can still fail. You can't know 100% about an individual.

Why this may be right, OP did not even bother.
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2023
poshestmina:
The level of stupid tribalistic comments on this thread and Nairaland generally are very Irritating, sickening and annoying angry angry.
Cc
Seun
Mynd44 .

Op,if you have to sell that house ,it should be for your safety and spiritual beliefs (Personality,I wouldn't stay in a house with such stories) and if you don't want to ,Let your Lawyer and some 'capable' people go with you.

I'm sure there's a Landlord/Tenant /Guarantor form where he stipulated his Occupation as a Businessman (A rice dealer).

Running away will only make you look guilty.
I have not come across any ‘tribalistic’ comments here. Kindly show me please
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Pepperoniq(m): 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2023
The property lawyer is after his own percentage of selling the house. Don't mind him. Rumours are meant to disperse when the time comes.. The best idea is to pip the house
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Programmer47: 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Everyday different bad news from the SE. I'm tired of reading bad news from the SE.

Federal Govt should close eyes and give them their Biafra so we can part ways.

Haba

See their squad. The most vile set of human beings. APC is the worst thing to ever happen to Nigeria. No sense, no direction, just bigotry and insults.
Very brainless mob mentality

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Dafresh: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Was burning him to death the solution? Hmmm
yes him no go steal children again or you wan make him go jail and come back after 15yrs to do the same, prison is not where criminal get corrected, criminals learn more in prison they make new friends
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Greenfaces: 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2023
woginid967:
The house will either become haunted or marked.

So yes it is wise to sell
Sell to who.
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by frozen70(f): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
Israel5:

How can living in a rented apartment and kidnap children affect the property, so far the children were not murdered and buried there

Well if you sell the property, what do you intend to do with the proceeds

Do you have intension person of buying property soon

I think that's the only reason selling the property will make sense

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by dangermouse(m): 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2023
Error401:
how person go dey bear dangermouse ?

Ask Google
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Error401: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
Ori nta eee

dangermouse:

Ask Google
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Djoel: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Djoel: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Everyday different bad news from the SE. I'm tired of reading bad news from the SE.

Federal Govt should close eyes and give them their Biafra so we can part ways.

Haba

I feel pity for you man. The curse for your bigotry is that for the rest of life, your eyes and ears will be magnets to every news from SE Nigeria, even if you relocate to a hell hole in Afghanistan. It is so bad for you now that every bad news you will hear at any part of the world, just like in the case of this story, your bigoted mind will keep telling you it happened in SE. That's your nemesis man.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by dangermouse(m): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2023
Error401:
Ori nta eee

Olo obe shocked
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by tonididdy(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2023
Don't sell nada.
Make a visit to the village to prove your innocence.
Leave the building vacant for a while, then resume your rentals.

...nobody died in your house, the kids in question didn't die there either.
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Error401: 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
lol this one no be yoruba at all

dangermouse:

Olo obe shocked
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Truthshotcrazy: 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
ObiaboAdoka:

D tenant is into stealing nd selling children. D last one happened last week nd he was caught with d child. He confessed of stealing d one's before dis one. Nd jungle justice took place. D house he was occupying wasn't his Daz y it was not burn down.

Too tragic.What a pity!

I wish tho the stolen kids were sold off as housemaids/child labour slaves or to nurture for Baby factory or children to (unscrupulous) childless couples who decided not to follow due process.
Maybe oh maybe they would still be alive and hearty (just somewhere suffering). & the poor poor children traced to who they were sold to and Recovered.

I SHUDDER TO THINK THE STOLEN CHILDREN 👧👦👶🧒WERE USED FOR SKULL. MINING/RITUALS

in that case he deserves aĺ the barbaric extra judicial metted out to him. His one life can never compensate for lives of over 3 inonocent children wickedly snuffed out.
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by Silentgroper(m): 12:38am On Sep 13, 2023
zeuss:
I pray he is not a innocent man..... Set up by evil people. He is a hustler apparently not a criminal mind. He organizes and transports food items from benue to abj for income and he also sublet rooms in his home which is enterprise and in doing so expose himself and heinous activities to witnesses and scrutiny, not a likely scenario for a criminal mind.
The mob battered the man into confessing what he knows nothing about.
just what I was thinking about... if he was into something like that...

He wouldn't rent room in his own apartment to students except he was plain stupid ... but realistically. people like that live in secret
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by seuncyrus(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2023
ObiaboAdoka:
I hope ur tenant is not d one burnt in Otukpo town bcus of stealing a four years old child.

He's the one
Re: My Tenant Was Burnt To Death by seuncyrus(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2023
GiftedHands47:
First of all , the burnt properties of those students should be your problem.Reason is because it's within your territory.They were only victims of circumstances.

Secondly since the guy who perpetrated the act was your tenant .so no problem.If it were the landlord you should know The entire house would have been a Shadow of it's former self

It's left for you to choose to choose between right and wrong.
Choose wisely!!!!

You don't understand. He rented out the house to the kidnapper and the guy sublet the rooms to the students. The kidnapper was the main tenant not the students

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Landlord Throws Graduate-Tenant Properties Outside In Uyo During Heavy Rain-pics / "Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos! / GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.