Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban (37021 Views)

Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations / Divine Oduduru Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test, Faces 6-Year Ban / Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by countryman13: 7:21am On Sep 12, 2023
Emu4life:
Was he supposed to test Positive to Estrogen
Even Anty Bobrisky will still be Testosterone positive
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by Regie2bless: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE
person wey dey chop bench normally dey take drugs, the wahala not too much for am like dis
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by Edu93: 9:30am On Sep 12, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Testosterone is male sex hormones. He may have taken it to bang and not necessarily for football without knowing
Ignorance isn't an excuse.
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by Larryizi(m): 10:42am On Sep 12, 2023
This is weird ............Pogba only you.....
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by Gajagojo: 10:42am On Sep 12, 2023
littleguy444:
For those who are trying to understand what they meant. It does not necessarily mean a high level of testosterone, the thing is natural testosterone and artificial have some kind of differences in its structure, this difference can be used to detect artificial level of hormones in the bloodstream.
Most hormones have artificial counterpart detection of this in the bloodstream especially testosterone whose function is to increase bone strength, increase muscle bulk and other things that might give the athlete an edge, since ordinarily he is not lacking the hormone but wants additional boost of its function.
This is plausible but WRONG

no laboratory is going to be looking at structure at any rate the assumption that the synthetic testosterone is different in structure from naturally occurring is just that an assumption. It is not necessarily ALWAYS true .that would depend on the source
Clearly you assume that human testosterone cannot be extracted and transplanted or that synthetic testosterone cannot be produced at high enough quality as to be indistinguishable . You don't know that
In sports they do not routinely test blood
They take urine sample as routine
What is tested is metabolites in the urine and there is no difference whether it is synthetic or endogenous on routine testing
We have seen high testosterone case of Caster Semanya e.g No one was testing the structure

Now to the crux

Testosterone is produced by the testes in men
It is also produced by the Adrenal glands in both Men and women in smaller quantities

Testosterone production in men peaks at the age of 20-25 years after that it falls at between 1-2 % every year and so at 35 years it could be around 70% of peak levels

this continues into old age. Such a drop can have significant impact on a sportsman's performance and they may be tempted to take a boost
Such behaviour is well known among body builders male and female

This is the reference range for testosterme in the blood

Adults: Male: 6 -27 nmol/L, Female: <2.7 nmol/L,

assuming a blood sample was taken and you see a level of 100nmol/L in a male that would very likely indicate doping

and the same would apply to urine samples too . WADA the governing body has its legal limits and anyone who is above that will be sanctioned
Moslt likely Pogba has shown a higher level that accepted by the rules
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by Bahamas95(m): 11:19am On Sep 12, 2023
I don't regard this guy as a footballer, he should be in Hollywood.
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:47am On Sep 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

Hmm

We all have testoterone (yes, even women secrete some !) but it is at a certain level in the body. Any elevation above that certain level in the body (Male: 300 to 1,000 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL) or 10 to 35 nanomoles per liter (nmol/L) Female: 15 to 70 ng/dL or 0.5 to 2.4 nmol/L.) is considered suspicous.

Are you saying he can impregnate 500 female Juventus Fans in a day?? shocked shocked

This is interesting I must confess..... grin grin cheesy

Anyway still contact my signature for that your contemporary home designs and construction works....
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by Silentgroper(m): 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
enemyofprogress:
reperculture now. Don’t you know reperculture?or have you not heard about it before?

No ..I don't know anything about that

repercussion is what I know

😁😁😁😁
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by enemyofprogress: 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
Silentgroper:

😁😁😁😁
see you. Ordinary reperculture you no fit spell. You still dey argue with me
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by Silentgroper(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
enemyofprogress:
see you. Ordinary reperculture you no fit spell. You still dey argue with me

my guy ..

na u know ooo ...

😁😁😁😁
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by enemyofprogress: 10:50am On Sep 13, 2023
Silentgroper:

😁😁😁😁
what is repercussion? It is reperculture. Na so una dey fail exams for school. Ordinary reperculture you no fit spell
Re: Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban by littleguy444: 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
Gajagojo:

This is plausible but WRONG

no laboratory is going to be looking at structure at any rate the assumption that the synthetic testosterone is different in structure from naturally occurring is just that an assumption. It is not necessarily ALWAYS true .that would depend on the source
Clearly you assume that human testosterone cannot be extracted and transplanted or that synthetic testosterone cannot be produced at high enough quality as to be indistinguishable . You don't know that
In sports they do not routinely test blood
They take urine sample as routine
What is tested is metabolites in the urine and there is no difference whether it is synthetic or endogenous on routine testing
We have seen high testosterone case of Caster Semanya e.g No one was testing the structure

Now to the crux

Testosterone is produced by the testes in men
It is also produced by the Adrenal glands in both Men and women in smaller quantities

Testosterone production in men peaks at the age of 20-25 years after that it falls at between 1-2 % every year and so at 35 years it could be around 70% of peak levels

this continues into old age. Such a drop can have significant impact on a sportsman's performance and they may be tempted to take a boost
Such behaviour is well known among body builders male and female

This is the reference range for testosterme in the blood

Adults: Male: 6 -27 nmol/L, Female: <2.7 nmol/L,

assuming a blood sample was taken and you see a level of 100nmol/L in a male that would very likely indicate doping

and the same would apply to urine samples too . WADA the governing body has its legal limits and anyone who is above that will be sanctioned
Moslt likely Pogba has shown a higher level that accepted by the rules
Thank you sir, i learnt a lot.
But then higher level above normal in screening test is an indication for a confirmatory test, which includes proper evaluation of the hormones and their molecules.
So many things either physiological or pathological can alter hormonal levels, that is why the governing bodies will have to wait for confirmatory before any decision can be taken.
They have to rule out many things and this also includes studying of the hormone structures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vincent Enyama On Vacation With His Family At An Exotic Resort (Photos) / Jose Mourinho Praises Ronaldo After His Historical Hat-Trick Against Spain / Kelechi Iheanacho Sends Leicester To First FA Cup Final Since 1969

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.