Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,608 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League (31023 Views)

AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name / FIFA Approves New Football Rules / Plateau United Fans Give Thanks In Church With The Nigerian League Trophy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by Kenmatt(m): 7:02am On Sep 12, 2023
I didn't go down through.

It's not by changing name almost every season.

Simply put; "Nigerian League" will best suit it and that's what we Punters and Pundits call it on the Street which is the headquarters of the Market Place.

Nigeria Billionaires need to invest in Football before NL will grow and develop. Our "Looticians" should stop packing our money to Switzerland to bank and inject it into Sports, we have the population here, it will work.

I am hereby calling Dangote, Otedola, Emeka Money, Jowi Zaza, Current and ex governors and lots more to think home and think progress.

On another day, I will tell you all what India, Maylasia and many more Asian countries did and they are where they are today in terms of economy, healthcare and what you can name.

I drop my pen here, Kenmatt the critic writer.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by helinues: 7:03am On Sep 12, 2023
LivingSage:
Don't take this as an attack, u support APC so do I, I just feel it's not normal.

I'm always meeting your comment, that of Racoon, lagosfirstson and that guy that dedicates music to everything, even when I leave Nairaland for days.

It's not normal, you all should find something doing. Get busy

The question which you sincerely need to ask yourself is what have you been doing with your time, do they worth it?

We hustle with no muscle here. Na we dey send people errands no be other way round.

You might need to hustle smartly so that you can also have the comfortability to be expressing yourself at your comfort zone all the time.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by Lexusgs430: 7:03am On Sep 12, 2023
The football league issues, are more than cosmetically attempting to rebrand it ........

You don't fix mould, by simply painting over it .......

1 Like

Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by LivingSage: 7:07am On Sep 12, 2023
Even dangote isn't this comfortable wasting away on internet.

Neither Yahoo boy, when last have you seen slawomir's post?

Keep deceiving yourself with the weak defense.

You all have NOTHING doing. That's the fact.

Again, don't see this as an attack. I just feel concern
helinues:

The question which you sincerely need to ask yourself is what have you been doing with your time, do they worth it?

We hustle with no muscle here. Na we dey send people errands no be other way round.

You might need to hustle smartly so that you can also have the comfortability to be expressing yourself at your comfort zone all the time.

1 Like

Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by helinues: 7:13am On Sep 12, 2023
LivingSage:

Neither Yahoo boy, when long have you seen slawomir's post?

Why should how I spend my time be your headache?

You know there are international friendlies globally today, still considering of watching live match today out of the abundant of time and the grace and blessings of God.

Fingers are not equal, perhaps you never had opportunity of freedom, Easy work and better life devoid of unnecessary worries.

In Ayra Starr's voice, which kind money we never see before, Aje
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by iamtardey: 7:13am On Sep 12, 2023
correctguy101:

With which money?
investors… epl no be magic dudes
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by phemmyfour: 7:15am On Sep 12, 2023
duduade:
A fi premier league

Copy copy
And nothing is PREMIER about the league grin
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by LivingSage: 7:16am On Sep 12, 2023
Okay grin
Good morning.

Come to think of it, when you spoke about Sugar then helinues, I can guess your age.

But seriously I'm just concern.

Well, as u said, all fingers are not equal. I take u for your words.
helinues:

You know there are international friendlies globally today, still considering of watching live match today out of the abundant of time and the grace and blessings of God.

Fingers are not equal, perhaps you never had opportunity of freedom, Easy work and better life devoid of unnecessary worries.

Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by nasskar(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2023
Congratulations
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by SmartyPants(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2023
donleo92:
those it change anything?
people has seriously losing interest in the Nigerian leagues. I remember then we had Enyimba, Kano pillars. these teams were badass teams and most players representing the national teams were mostly selected from them. now everything is now foreign players, so how will the local league survive?

There has never been a time in the last 30 years when players representing the national team were mostly drawn from Enyimba and Kano Pillars. Never.

At best 2 to 3 local pkayers used to make the squad and usually just as goalkeepers.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by correctguy101(m): 7:22am On Sep 12, 2023
iamtardey:
investors… epl no be magic dudes

Investors money ke?

Abeg no dey play...

Money wey d awon werey don pack give all those small girls socialites finish? grin

Nigerian football still far from that. Even our own tiwan tiwan players no go gree come back house come play. Let alone the big boys for EPL and others.

You wan turn awon omolomo to cripple for life. NPFL go jhus render them useless even for small muscle pull ... angry
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by HarryGleb: 7:23am On Sep 12, 2023
helinues:

Why don't you get a job and leave your parents house? Stop eating mama thank you @49. Even your fellow APC zombies are tired of you loitering around here posting trash from morning till night everyday.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by HarryGleb: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2023
helinues:

You are lying. You ain't doing anything.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by Myer(m): 7:25am On Sep 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Offpoint.

You claimed that

How then is this possible?

How does this name change "seems to be rightly done at the rightful time" when you claim that "Any one can change their name and nothing changes"?

I just realised it's you "Mr Offpoint" cheesy
Next time I will be more straight to the point.

And I will not remember you as Mr Offpoint next time but Mr Straight-To-The-Point. (See what I did there?) cheesy

If indeed you're interested in learning from each other.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by kalvoken(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2023
helinues:

FG didn't just wake up to come up with the new name. It must have been something debated amongst the football professionals in Nigeria before reaching the conclusion of changing the name.

FG intervention in the Nigeria professional League this time is just a sign of changes about to come in our sports generally in Nigeria.

Which decades last did Nigeria Super Eagles score 5 goals in a match?

Why are forcing yourself not to use that God given brain of yours? Can you act reasonable for once?

Just read the article and see if your epistle correlate in any way. The NFF is not even aware about the changes, yet you are here confusing yourself. Everything is not politics, of which you are no good at.

In your quest to launder tunubu's "no where to be found" image, you will end up denting it more. The supposed govt of the day through NFF is not aware about change of name. Does that speak good of YOUR govt of the day?

1 Like

Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by barinedan(m): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2023
There are so many challenges facing the league but the only thing they could do is to change the name of the league , will that bring in investors? Will the new name improve the quality of the league?

1 Like

Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by PrinceOfLagos: 7:29am On Sep 12, 2023
LivingSage:
Don't take this as an attack, u support APC so do I, I just feel it's not normal.

I'm always meeting your comment, that of Racoon, Princeoflagos and that guy that dedicates music to everything, TemplarLandry even when I leave Nairaland for days.

It's not normal, you all should find something doing.
Get busy
Get me a job
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by haphizz57(m): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2023
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by themanderon: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2023
Valwezzy:

https://www.torizone.com/posts/2023/09/117502-nff-approves-nigerian-league

Is it by changing name? So long as the same criminals who always refuse to pay allowances and bonuses are still running the show then it makes no difference. Its just like Nepa that changed to Phcn and then to these useless distribution companies and yet we are still living in darkness years later.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by IamAtikulate: 7:42am On Sep 12, 2023
helinues:

Changing the name alone is the beginning of reform in our local league. The past governments have not been remembering them
Do you know how many times the league has changed name in the past 20 years? So, its not the first time.

I think English Premier League has changed named thrice twice within the period, the latest being from Barclay Premier League to EPL.

It has nothing to do with government.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by Opeaccess(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2023
It's not enough to change it's name if they are not Ready to do the right things that will make the league progress.

One of the best move they could have made was to synchronize the leagues with other top leagues around the world.
If they cannot synchronize it with the likes of the English premier league, the Spanish league et al , why not synchronize it with the South African premier soccer league.

I am always expecting something better....
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by Ezmans: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2023
Confusion in all aspects of nigeria
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by UDUJ(m): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2023
realestate99:
Find one intimidating name for the league joor not that boring NPFL, can't you copy Angola? Girabola league!!! I swear the first time I heard that name many years ago, I was just laughing like a kid tickled in the armpit.

The NFF should have named the league: GBOGBOTIGBO LEAGUE. I swear people would appreciate that name more cheesy
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by Mabizeka: 8:02am On Sep 12, 2023
LivingSage:

Neither Yahoo boy, when last have you seen slawomir's post?

What a hypocrite that you are. Aren't you the same person saying I shouldn't tell him to be busy with his life. You linked me with almost all the monikers on this forum saying I'm the one asking for job with them. You even gave me a new name Ebuka Nelson or something like that (laughs). If for the sake of argument, I happens to be the same person as the people you said I was, is it a bad thing to beg people for job? Or do you prefer someone to be idle like the poster you are advising? Now you are repeating the same line that you once condemned. Make you dey see your life.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by rolams(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2023
The name no sweet.

Why not Nigeria premier league (NPL)?
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by MrAgbako: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2023
iamtardey:
make we sef dey buy big big player from epl like the arabs
wey the money? 😂
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by minakom: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2023
iamtardey:
Make we start with Maguire first, e get wetin I wan observe about am for NPFL. 🤔
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by Bigseven(m): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2023
The only thing that needed to change is the corrupt system in NFF down to clubs so we can have a better league.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by sidonlook: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2023
Forget it.
As long as the the name Nigeria is still there, there will be no improvement.
There is no more pride in that name and the name is gradually become synonymous to corruption and bad leadership.
Individuals do well but when it comes to national it is close to zero.
Nigeria is like a sour soup. We need to pour it away and make a new one.

Let there be

Arewa league

Oduduwa league

Biafra league

Niger delta league

Just the way Nigeria is now for the strong and corrupt, so it is with NFF

We need a new beginning with well thought out constitution and way of life.

Nigeria is dead and the earlier it is buried the better for us.
Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by Doyin2(m): 8:46am On Sep 12, 2023
donleo92:
those it change anything?
people has seriously losing interest in the Nigerian leagues. I remember then we had Enyimba, Kano pillars. these teams were badass teams and most players representing the national teams were mostly selected from them. now everything is now foreign players, so how will the local league survive?

Good food for thought.

Local league and players, are the bedrock of most successful national teams, globally.

Foreign players should be carefully selected and must be currently top notch.

E.g .We all know that Osihmen, Awoniyi, etc, must be invited, by virtue of their current status.

But sadly, especially with foreign coaches, every dick and harry ,foreign players, occupies every position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by magzey: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2023
iamtardey:
Na with subsidy money we go buy them instead of Palliative that never was ? 🤔😂😂😂

Re: NFF Approves New Name For The Nigerian League by merits(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2023
Valwezzy:

https://www.torizone.com/posts/2023/09/117502-nff-approves-nigerian-league

Okocha talk don manifest, immediately.This is power of media.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Siri Vs Cortana, Argentina Vs Germany – Who Wins? / Alex Iwobi And Jay-Jay Okocha, Throwback And Now Photo / FIFA Officially Kick Russia Out Of 2022 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.