Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports (17971 Views)

Jim Obazee Requests Over N2 Billion From CBN Governor, Officials Concerned / Ribadu Summons CBN Investigator, Jim Obazee, Orders Return Of All Govt Property / Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
do you read at all before you write?

lexy2014:

Has that left u incapable of answering the question?

Why is there no "special investigator" auditing NNPC and it's management of fuel subsisdy?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
nonsense response. na the acting CBN governor release all the 7 year statements 3 weeks ago.
CBN was being ran like the NNPC

obyno82:

Ask the acting CBN governor. Also note that if IFRS standards were used then what is the use of trying to withdraw the financial statement
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
people like you go see RED when the sky is WHITE.

NNPC no release financial statements for 15years. CBN no release statements for 7 years. you no see anything WRONG there?

Again you are not smart to even read with small comprehension skills. I am not against releasing the financials, what i am against is the plan to withdraw the reports and change it and release the report based on as they said International standards, when in reality Nigeria had since reverted to IFRS standard which is international best practice since the time of Sanusi. What essentially are they trying to hide? are they trying to say that there was no loan taken for the country via JP Morgan using the reserves as collateral?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Babzrockman: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
Xkonzult:

Good talk ....but IF NOT FOR AGAIN....use ur brain sir

Thank you bros.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by dragunov: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2023
LegacyB:
Emefiele really had an axe to grind with Nigeria.
I think he wanted revenge on something!

This nonsense went on for 8yrs unabated under that comatose Fulani man.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
this is how public limited liabilities and public institutions do things. if anything is wrong with their statements, they must withdraw it and release it again with the corrected one. this is part of SEC regulations. you are not really smart. stop faking it
when CBN is becoming like NNPC, na corrupt soup you dey cook there.

obyno82:

Again you are not smart to even read with small comprehension skills. I am not against releasing the financials, what i am against is the plan to withdraw the reports and change it and release the report based on as they said International standards, when in reality Nigeria had since reverted to IFRS standard which is international best practice since the time of Sanusi. What essentially are they trying to hide? are they trying to say that there was no loan taken for the country via JP Morgan using the reserves as collateral?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
this is how public limited liabilities and public institutions do things. if anything is wrong with their statements, they must withdraw it and release it again with the corrected one. this is part of SEC regulations. you are not really smart. stop faking it
when CBN is becoming like NNPC, na corrupt soup you dey cook there.

Is CBN a public limited liability?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
nonsense response. na the acting CBN governor release all the 7 year statements 3 weeks ago.
CBN was being ran like the NNPC

Oga you are still being dense and biased, i asked you again ask the CBN governor, he has in compliance to the CBN act brought out the financial statements. so he did nothing wrong here.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by LegacyB: 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
dragunov:

This nonsense went on for 8yrs unabated under that comatose Fulani man.
Very correct Buhari was terrible on economy but don’t forget Emefiele had a chance to resign if the cabal were even pressuring him to do the wrong things moreover he was in the position to advise otherwise but no he was enjoying his bad policies.. Don’t forget he was appointed by Jonathan another disaster . I don’t know who we offended in this country that we’re so blessed with the scum of the earth as leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2023
it's a public government institution. plc are public listed companies

obyno82:

Is CBN a public limited liability?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
why was the statements not released for the past 7 years if they were audited properly
maybe they were cooking the books.
by law they have to release it every year. so they are in breach of the law.

obyno82:

Oga you are still being dense and biased, i asked you again ask the CBN governor, he has in compliance to the CBN act brought out the financial statements. so he did nothing wrong here.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
why was the statements not released for the past 7 years if they were audited properly
maybe they were cooking the books.
by law they have to release it every year. so they are in breach of the law.

The fact that they revealed a lot about the JP Morgan facility shows that this one they couldn't cook it.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
it's a public government institution. plc are public listed companies

Did you just hear yourself? is CBN now a PLC or public listed? na wah oooo, see the confidence with which you are spewing nonsense.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
that jp morgan facility was only for 1 year or so. we dey say dey hide financial statements for a whole 7 years!

it means they were cooking the books like the way NNPC dey act. emefiele did not want nigerians to see it for 7 years

obyno82:

The fact that they revealed a lot about the JP Morgan facility shows that this one they couldn't cook it.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
jeez. any public company or entities must follow regulation in their statements. you withdraw it if there are errors or standard gaps.

i want to go and sleep joor.

obyno82:

Did you just hear yourself? is CBN now a PLC or public listed? na wah oooo, see the confidence with which you are spewing nonsense.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
jeez. any public company or entities must follow regulation in their statements. you withdraw it if there are errors or standard gaps.

i want to go and sleep joor.

dude CBN is a government agency, if the CBN act says they do not need to put their financial statements to the public then they do not need to, but if the CBN say yes they should, then if they didn't do it in 7 years why didn't the president call Meffy to order, unless they were in on some Sh***t in CBN in cahoots with the presidency.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Padipadi(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2023
taiwolomo1:

It is fake news sir! It was released in 2008 to be implemented by the then CBN govnor before someone edited the date and circulated it!
Seriously?
Who's that somebody?
The person deserved the be flogged 300 strokes of cane with 🌶️ pepper!
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
that's why obazee dey investigate. na the work of the lawmakers but those ones only care about money. there is fiscal responsibility act, financial reporting council. read the news article again.

obyno82:

dude CBN is a government agency, if the CBN act says they do not need to put their financial statements to the public then they do not need to, but if the CBN say yes they should, then if they didn't do it in 7 years why didn't the president call Meffy to order, unless they were in on some Sh***t in CBN in cahoots with the presidency.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Globad(f): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
lexy2014:

So you have no idea how to answer these questions?

1. Why should any nigerian be praying, praising and hailing Tinubu?

2. What are the giant strides he has achieved so far?

3. In the last 3 months, how has he worked wonderfully well for the general wellbeing of all Nigerians?

I asked you a question
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
do you read at all before you write?

Since you can read, can you help me answer my question?

Why is there no "special investigator" auditing NNPC and it's management of fuel subsisdy?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2023
Globad:

I asked you a question

So did I.

So you have no idea how to answer these questions?

1. Why should any nigerian be praying, praising and hailing Tinubu?

2. What are the giant strides he has achieved so far?

3. In the last 3 months, how has he worked wonderfully well for the general wellbeing of all Nigerians?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Iamanoited: 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
TINUBU WORKED WITH DELOITTE AND HE KNOWS THEM VERY WELL FOR GOOD COUNSELLING. TINUBU SHOULD PLEASE INVITE DELOITTE TO COME AND INVESTIGATE ALL OF GOVERNMENT COMPANIES, CORPORATIONS, STATUTORY AND OTHERWISE, MINISTRIES ETCETERA ETCETERA.
WELL DONE TINUBU. YOU ARE ALREADY THE BEST FOR NOW.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
since you don't know how to read, i don't know if you will be able to read this quote:

Tinubu had on July 28 appointed a former Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, Jim Obazee, as Special Investigator to probe the activities of the apex bank under its suspended governor, Godwin Emefiele.

Aside from the CBN, the Special Investigator is also investigating the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Limited, FRC and other Government Business Entities.

lexy2014:

Since you can read, can you help me answer my question?

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
since you don't know how to read, i don't know if you will be able to read this quote:

Tinubu had on July 28 appointed a former Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, Jim Obazee, as Special Investigator to probe the activities of the apex bank under its suspended governor, Godwin Emefiele.

Aside from the CBN, the Special Investigator is also investigating the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Limited, FRC and other Government Business Entities.

That is very good. It shows that u can read and you really read. Based on what you read, apart from CBN, have you read any report about the activities of this special investigator in any of the other establishments you mentioned?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
why don't you post what you have read for us to see !

lexy2014:

That is very good. It shows that u can read and you really read. Based on what you read, apart from CBN, have you read any report about the activities of this special investigator in any of the other establishments you mentioned?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Exceed15: 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2023
Fafesot:
All I want to say is well-done to this current administration, you've performing up to expectations particularly in fighting corruption.

Nigeria may not be in its best shape at the moment, but no gain without pain. We have to endure a little before we start reaping the fruits of our labour.

You can become anything in life, but never be a child of hate and perdition, being a hater of good things does not attract them to you.

Don't we think it's extremely stupid to think an institution only works if it is in our favour, but whenever it's against us, it's corrupt and perverted..?

Don't be a hypocrite.

When you see something going well, commend and encourage; if it's happening otherwise, criticize constructively.

Spreading hate on everything because your kinsmen ridiculously lost an election is nothing but a huge act of folly.

It's only in Nigeria that; someone who came third in an election wants to be declared winner because his opponents did not have up to 25% of total votes in a particular area.

Let's all pray for the progress of our nation and work together to bring development to it, it will benefit us now or in future.

For me, if I can be making enough money to cater for my needs here in Nigeria, I have no point moving abroad. I don't like it when I'm not free.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 2:46am On Sep 13, 2023
frog12:
why don't you post what you have read for us to see !

have you read any report about the activities of this special investigator in any of the other establishments you mentioned?

simple yes or no
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 2:50am On Sep 13, 2023
Fafesot:
All I want to say is well-done to this current administration, you've performing up to expectations particularly in fighting corruption.

Nigeria may not be in its best shape at the moment, but no gain without pain. We have to endure a little before we start reaping the fruits of our labour.

You can become anything in life, but never be a child of hate and perdition, being a hater of good things does not attract them to you.

Don't we think it's extremely stupid to think an institution only works if it is in our favour, but whenever it's against us, it's corrupt and perverted..?

Don't be a hypocrite.

When you see something going well, commend and encourage; if it's happening otherwise, criticize constructively.

Spreading hate on everything because your kinsmen ridiculously lost an election is nothing but a huge act of folly.

It's only in Nigeria that; someone who came third in an election wants to be declared winner because his opponents did not have up to 25% of total votes in a particular area.

Let's all pray for the progress of our nation and work together to bring development to it, it will benefit us now or in future.

For me, if I can be making enough money to cater for my needs here in Nigeria, I have no point moving abroad. I don't like it when I'm not free.

how has this administration performed up to expectations particularly in fighting corruption?

what is the something that is going well that should be commended and encouraged?

if praying for the progress of NIgeria is the way Nigeria will progress, why hasnt it progressed all these years or Nigerians havent been praying?

who are those that u want to put hands together to bring development to Nigeria?

i what way are they going to put hands together?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by tophempire: 3:24am On Sep 13, 2023
AGAIN I WANT TO SAY WELCOME TO PRESIDENT BAT.

MAYBE OR MAYBE NOT OBI WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME.

BUT I AM GRATEFUL FOR A PRESIDENT MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. AS A NIGERIAN FROM THE SOUTH-SOUTH LIVING IN THE SOUTHWEST ALL I WANT IS A BETTER NIGERIA FOR ALL.

WE CAN ONLY COME TOGETHER TO MAKE NIGERIA WORK AGAIN.

THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT SIR. 🫡🫡🫡🫡
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by tophempire: 3:27am On Sep 13, 2023
lexy2014:

Since you read the report, then u shouldn't have any problems answering my question.

THE REPORT SAYS THAT THE SAME TEAM IS INVESTIGATING NNPC AND OTHER GOVERNMENT BODIES NA. NOT ONLY CBN.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 3:32am On Sep 13, 2023
tophempire:

THE REPORT SAYS THAT THE SAME TEAM IS INVESTIGATING NNPC AND OTHER GOVERNMENT BODIES NA. NOT ONLY CBN.

thanks for your response. apart from CBN, have you read any report of any ongoing investigation at NNPC and other government bodies?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by tophempire: 3:57am On Sep 13, 2023
lexy2014:

thanks for your response. apart from CBN, have you read any report of any ongoing investigation at NNPC and other government bodies?

The reports on others are not yet out, life is in stages na. Even the CBN has not been completed.

But the thing go touch every other government bodies handling the nations wealth. Even the firs wey de sell format seff go collect.

But till then lets be grateful for the efforts we see Mr. President making

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Drivers Block Zaria Road To Protest Customs Officers’ Shooting / Fallout Of Osun PDP Primary: Fatai Akinbade Dumps PDP / Abba Gida-Gida Emerges NNPP Governorship Candidate In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.