Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,679 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports (17942 Views)

Jim Obazee Requests Over N2 Billion From CBN Governor, Officials Concerned / Ribadu Summons CBN Investigator, Jim Obazee, Orders Return Of All Govt Property / Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Ezmans: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2023
Fafesot:
All I want to say is well-done to this current administration, you've performing up to expectations particularly in fighting corruption.

Nigeria may not be in its best shape at the moment, but no gain without pain. We have to endure a little before we start reaping the fruits of our labour.

You can become anything in life, but never be a child of hate and perdition, being a hater of good things does not attract them to you.

Don't we think it's extremely stupid to think an institution only works if it is in our favour, but whenever it's against us, it's corrupt and perverted..?

Don't be a hypocrite.

When you see something going well, commend and encourage; if it's happening otherwise, criticize constructively.

Spreading hate on everything because your kinsmen ridiculously lost an election is nothing but a huge act of folly.

It's only in Nigeria that; someone who came third in an election wants to be declared winner because his opponents did not have up to 25% of total votes in a particular area.

Let's all pray for the progress of our nation and work together to bring development to it, it will benefit us now or in future.

For me, if I can be making enough money to cater for my needs here in Nigeria, I have no point moving abroad. I don't like it when I'm not free.
please which corruption they fought under three months let us know
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by bitbillionaire: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2023
One of Tinubu's policies I so much like is this idea of appointing a special investigator to audit CBN's account and making CBN's financial statement public. This will enhance transparency which is a foundation for corruption-free society.

At the end of the day, Tinubu may end up being cleaner and more morally upright that we thought when you consider some of the sensible steps he has taken so far to ensure there is transparency in governance and corruption is either uprooted or minimised.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by OAFMods: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2023
I just did n the article is neither here or there.
I don't see anything concrete to hold Emefiele, all there is assumption subjection to the imagination of the writer.

Corrinthians:
Not a single member of this forum would read this article from the beginning to the end.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not unexpected. The 'audited' results were hurriedly put together.
The Federal Government must appoint a special investigator for the electricity sector too. The NERC results must be audited and investigated by a special investigator working along with EFCC. Check my signature for free stuffs!

You guys keep making excuses for nonsense. How was the results hurriedly put? Results that show our true financial position reserves wise, or the fact that loans were taken from JP Morgan with our reserves as collateral? Make una fear God with this praise singing. The only standard now is the IFRS Basel III reporting standard which was definitely used in preparing the financial statement. This standard had been in use since Sanusi declared all banks and supervisory financial institutions to use it. So which miraculous standards do they want to use now.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by OAFMods: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2023
Are you Igbo or just foolish ?

lexy2014:

Since you read the report, then u shouldn't have any problems answering my question.

Why is there no "special investigator" auditing NNPC and it's management of fuel subsisdy?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 8:19am On Sep 12, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:
unfortunately, igbos are supporting Emefiele because of their hatered towards Asiwaju. Igbo will never rule Nigeria.

Are you this monumentally stupid or dense? How did igbos support emefiele. Your jealousy and envy of igbos will be your ruin. I wonder why seun allows this kind of tribal hate in this forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by IamtheTruth1(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2023
Fafesot:
All I want to say is well-done to this current administration, you've performing up to expectations particularly in fighting corruption.

Nigeria may not be in its best shape at the moment, but no gain without pain. We have to endure a little before we start reaping the fruits of our labour.

You can become anything in life, but never be a child of hate and perdition, being a hater of good things does not attract them to you.

Don't we think it's extremely stupid to think an institution only works if it is in our favour, but whenever it's against us, it's corrupt and perverted..?

Don't be a hypocrite.

When you see something going well, commend and encourage; if it's happening otherwise, criticize constructively.

Spreading hate on everything because your kinsmen ridiculously lost an election is nothing but a huge act of folly.

It's only in Nigeria that; someone who came third in an election wants to be declared winner because his opponents did not have up to 25% of total votes in a particular area.

Let's all pray for the progress of our nation and work together to bring development to it, it will benefit us now or in future.

For me, if I can be making enough money to cater for my needs here in Nigeria, I have no point moving abroad. I don't like it when I'm not free.

Please when would go for the people behind Nigerian Air Fraud?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2023
bitbillionaire:
One of Tinubu's policies I so much like is this idea of appointing a special investigator to audit CBN's account and making CBN's financial statement public. This will enhance transparency which is a foundation for corruption-free society.

At the end of the day, Tinubu may end up being cleaner and more morally upright that we thought when you consider some of the sensible steps he has taken so far to ensure there is transparency in governance and corruption is either uprooted or minimised.

Chai it will not be better for the person that did this to you. Any blind man can see that Tinubu is only playing a vendetta game against Emefiele. Why hasn't he talked about the FX regime? If truly he wants to fight corruption. Why hasn't he proved the previous subsidy regime after they lied repeatedly that they had removed subsidy? Why is he fixated on removing the CBN audit report which stated the true position of our reserves giving the usual lie that they want to do a new report with latest standards as if we do not know that the latest standard in use in Nigeria is the IFRS reporting standard. They want to cook the report as usual and lie to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by OAFMods: 8:24am On Sep 12, 2023
Comment from your likes is why I will support Tinubu if another round of election is called ahead of the likes of Osibanjo or Peter Obi.

Nigeria needs a man with balls who can put institution that will tame corruption in place, Tinubu can do that but no guarantees that he will but you see Obi n Osibanjo they are too lily-livered like Ebele n can do anything rock solid for Nigeria. Reason why if it's not Tinubu it's either Amechi or Fashola for me.

JuanDeDios:

Someone is probing NNPC? Sounds like a suicide mission.
Teenaira:

NNPC ? Special Investigator ? My hand no dey o. A real investigation of NNPC can bring down the government Incase you don't know. Infact, I am really afraid for Obasi. I pray God will give him enough wisdom to do his work.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by worksmart(m): 8:34am On Sep 12, 2023
I trust an audited report produced during Buhari era more than the opinion of an investigator hired by a dishonest Tinubu to justify continued detention of a sitting CBN governor he considers disloyal.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by NAC1666: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Tinubu-special-investigator-faults-CBN-audited-reports
Every agencies, department, ministries, government officials both elected and appointed in the last 8 years should be arrested immediately and send to prison.including the ones that carries guns. They have milked the country dry

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Essien45: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2023
Fafesot:

Don't be a hypocrite.

Just chilax! It's too early abeg!
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2023
Globad:

Okay, but what would you have done differently?

How does that answer my questions?

Why should any nigerian be praying, praising and hailing Tinubu?

What are the giant strides he has achieved so far?

In the last 3 months, how has he worked wonderfully well for the general wellbeing of all Nigerians?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 8:53am On Sep 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:

The very fact that what you're asking is contained in the body of this report, and that you'd have seen it if you had taken the time to read through.

Since u took time to read thru and u knew what was in the body of report, how come this is your conclusion?

BoldBrainz:

As a matter of speaking, I'm only just finding out today that the one man has been equally tasked with investigating the NNPC. There are things we've not yet been told.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2023
OAFMods:
Are you Igbo or just foolish?

Has that left u incapable of answering the question?

Why is there no "special investigator" auditing NNPC and it's management of fuel subsisdy?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Swiftgrp: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Tinubu-special-investigator-faults-CBN-audited-reports
Some of these CBN dudes crippled
Nigeria tbh. IFRS 9 is the way to go for better forensic accounting.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by bitbillionaire: 9:12am On Sep 12, 2023
You are entitled to your opinion though.

But let's even assume that you are right - that the policy is a 'vendetta game' against Emefiele. You need to understand that sometimes good can emerge from evil (as counter-intuitive as that may sound). So, the policy that was originally meant for vendetta could still have useful purpose afterall.

In this case I just love the IDEA of having CBN's account audited by an external incorruptible auditor and the financial statement made public. And the same thing should be extended to NNPC and other government business enterprises. The transparency this will engender will ultimately be good for the country. Don't you think so?

obyno82:

Chai it will not be better for the person that did this to you. Any blind man can see that Tinubu is only playing a vendetta game against Emefiele. Why hasn't he talked about the FX regime? If truly he wants to fight corruption. Why hasn't he proved the previous subsidy regime after they lied repeatedly that they had removed subsidy? Why is he fixated on removing the CBN audit report which stated the true position of our reserves giving the usual lie that they want to do a new report with latest standards as if we do not know that the latest standard in use in Nigeria is the IFRS reporting standard. They want to cook the report as usual and lie to Nigerians.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Globad(f): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2023
lexy2014:

How does that answer my questions?

Why should any nigerian be praying, praising and hailing Tinubu?

What are the giant strides he has achieved so far?

In the last 3 months, how has he worked wonderfully well for the general wellbeing of all Nigerians?

So you don't have any idea?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Globad(f): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2023
Xkonzult:

Why don't u think differently...same thinking that ended a disaster for 8 solid years by the APC,led govt ...having PBAT as national leader for same8yrs... continue ur name will soon become ENDURANCE

You dodged the question

Talk is cheap
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by lexy2014: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2023
Globad:

So you don't have any idea?

So you have no idea how to answer these questions?

1. Why should any nigerian be praying, praising and hailing Tinubu?

2. What are the giant strides he has achieved so far?

3. In the last 3 months, how has he worked wonderfully well for the general wellbeing of all Nigerians?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by EleventhWeirdo: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2023
helinues:
Padded audited reports

Imagine keeping yams with a goat overnight

You mean, two big4s put their integrity at stake and padded report for CBN ? Read the article and stop saying rubbish abeg. The dispute centers on the appropriateness of the financial reporting framework used to prepare the accounts. IFRS 9 was substituted with some FRC guidelines. Nothing was padded!
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Ayodeoba: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2023
Corrinthians:
Not a single member of this forum would read this article from the beginning to the end.
I read it completely from top to bottom
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by JuanDeDios: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2023
OAFMods:
Comment from your likes is why I will support Tinubu if another round of election is called ahead of the likes of Osibanjo or Peter Obi.

Nigeria needs a man with balls who can put institution that will tame corruption in place, Tinubu can do that but no guarantees that he will but you see Obi n Osibanjo they are too lily-livered like Ebele n can do anything rock solid for Nigeria. Reason why if it's not Tinubu it's either Amechi or Fashola for me.
I get your point.

But I don't agree that those two are lily-livered. Osinbajo, in particular, has shown guts in the past. He's the silent type you underestimate at your own risk. Ask Mamman Daura (or what do they call that DSS guy?) I actually doubt Tinubu can go the whole hog of probing NNPC. Yes, he has guts, but what about the unburied skeletons in his closet? Someone like Osinbajo would be less susceptible to blackmail and better placed to do it. But time will tell.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Ayodeoba: 10:24am On Sep 12, 2023
JuanDeDios:

I get your point.

But I don't agree that those two are lily-livered. Osinbajo, in particular, has shown guts in the past. He's the silent type you underestimate at your own risk. Ask Mamman Daura (or what do they call that DSS guy?) I actually doubt Tinubu can go the whole hog of probing NNPC. Yes, he has guts, but what about the unburied skeletons in his closet? Someone like Osinbajo would be less susceptible to blackmail and better placed to do it. But time will tell.
what crime has tinubu been found guilty of ? Apart from the propaganda you all have been sharing ?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by JuanDeDios: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2023
Ayodeoba:
what crime has tinubu been found guilty of ? Apart from the propaganda you all have been sharing ?
Lol.

None. Zilch. Nada. Mr Tinubu has been CONVICTED of NO crime. You don't know how pressure or blackmail works, do you? Lol.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by taiwolomo1: 11:09am On Sep 12, 2023
Padipadi:
I read somewhere they are planning further devaluation of naira towards December. That they wan reduce purchasing power to like N500 to purchase goods of N50,000, N100 for N10,000 etc.
That won't work. It ll lead to further hoarding of cash cos what ll happen is those single notes ll be kept by those that are rich or corrupt.
Why is Nigeria always doing policies that hurts the naira more & more? We never recover from Elemiemere's disaster. He was given free hand to dish out failed economic policies. The person that's giving him go ahead is free drinking kunu in Daura instead of both of them to be having their blokkos being squeezed by DSS. Anyways, na only Daarsuki and Diezanee chop cane for Gudlack matter. Shepopo sef wasn't squeezed despite mouth making from FG in 2015 that her bweast ll be dragged with pumping machine. And it's not proper. In the land of justice, both the master and apprentice that erred are to be flogged!
When Teenubull komot, maybe na Shownewbee dem go drag. As in someone must be dragged after any administration for economic woes. It's like a script. Elemiemere might be somewhere cooling off and be made to show up in court occasionally as if they are suffering him.
Waaasia!
Maybe when I become plesident, Nigeria ll be better.
It is fake news sir! It was released in 2008 to be implemented by the then CBN govnor before someone edited the date and circulated it!
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Travelista(f): 11:19am On Sep 12, 2023
Why appoint a single special investigator when there is an active agency that is constitutionally empowered to audit organizations like CBN?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by Kukutente23: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2023
adenigga:

Jim Obazee... Is that not the guy who was suspended by Buhari over the issue of G.Os resigning after spending a number of years that affected RCCG?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
someone wey dey make SENSE finally. when you no release financial statements for 7 years, wetin you dey HIDE

don't you know they were running emefiele CBN like NNPC that hides everything?
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
WHY did CBN release the statements following the law for 7 years

obyno82:

You guys keep making excuses for nonsense. How was the results hurriedly put? Results that show our true financial position reserves wise, or the fact that loans were taken from JP Morgan with our reserves as collateral? Make una fear God with this praise singing. The only standard now is the IFRS Basel III reporting standard which was definitely used in preparing the financial statement. This standard had been in use since Sanusi declared all banks and supervisory financial institutions to use it. So which miraculous standards do they want to use now.
Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by frog12: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
people like you go see RED when the sky is WHITE.

NNPC no release financial statements for 15years. CBN no release statements for 7 years. you no see anything WRONG there?

obyno82:

Re: Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports by obyno82: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
frog12:
WHY did CBN release the statements following the law for 7 years

Ask the acting CBN governor. Also note that if IFRS standards were used then what is the use of trying to withdraw the financial statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft / Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? / Austin Izagbo Honoured For Returning ₦‎75 Million Overpaid By NIMASA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.