Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married (25988 Views)

The Girl I Just Met Said We Should Drop Condom And Go Raw / Man Dies A Day Before Getting Married, Buried On His Wedding Day. Photos / Things Every Lady Should Do Before Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by TOBOSCOASSURES(m): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
[b]
BItt:
WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE SURE THE RECEIPT IS IN YOUR NAME ALONE. EVEN IF SHE DECIDE TO GICE YOU MONEY TO ADD TO IT
[/b]
You are a True LEGEND..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Kog45(m): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
Ask her when him papa build his house.
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by seuncyrus(m): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nataliace:
If I were you I would build first.
It's hard to find reasonable women like this nowadays.

LOOL , Build with how much ??

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by izonborn098(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
If i were him and my account is below 30m' i would still invested in other important things and then build the house from those profits in two to three years time..
Because the bungalow will cost millions but a house rent for 4years though depend on the type of house u rent will not be more than 1m..
And again i'm not support of two people (man or woman) building house together because many at times it's doesn't end well..
Zooposki:

I’m not sure but the lady said she already has money for part of the land. The rent money can also go towards the land. They should crunch the budget and see how feasible it is before they make their next move.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by MrBroke(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
"Owning a property will make you financially stable or shows you are good with money" is one the biggest financial lies in history. They are to many broke home owners who have nothing in their account or no investment at all just their property that doesn't bring in any income. Renting an apartment is still the best choice to a healthy or stable financial life. If you are going to own a property it should be an investment not a liability

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by ysgs: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:
Last week I proposed to my long time girlfriend and fiancee and she accepted me.

We discussed a whole range of topics and we are convenienced that we can live our lives together. But one thing we disagree on is the issue of house: she said we must build a house together before settling down but I suggested we tie the knot and live in a rented apartment before planning to build our personal house but she insisted we must build.

She said we will contribute money to build together, she won't leave me alone in the project. She even suggested withdrawing her savings of #250, 000 so we can buy land. I have the money and apart from my daily hustle I have other side businesses that springs me money occasionally.

I want to settle down as soon as possible but she cited the problems that comes along with living in a rented apartment. I really wish to settle down but this lady won't agree.

I don't want to cause problem between us so how do I go about convincing her?
. Oh boy! I won't deceive you. Good woman is hard to get. This your girl na confirmed real girl. It's a signal that she is a type who doesn't depend on your money. She has good mind and thought for you. Most of girls nowadays will ask you for marriage first.
When I was looking for lady to marry. Na this kind of lady I was looking for. I believed I would have gone far even more. For her to open mouth and tell you this kind thing. It's a signal that she will be supportive and won't be a liability for you.
I am even ready to marry her if I see this kind lady.
Don't miss her! I was once in your shoe.

For low bed performance, we provide natural herb for permanent cure. It correct the abnormalities in the body. It's guarantee. Very confident of what we offer.
WhatsApp 07018251533
Calls 09078362447
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Slimplush: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
izonborn098:
Your woman has entitle mentality..
She is not yet ready for marriage...
Though she has a good plan for u'' it is for ur own benefit and a lifetime investment but house isn't what u build because one woman is forcing you..
You build house when u know u are ready and depend on ur financial ability building of house takes time..
The question is this woman determined to spend the rest of her life with u..
Before she forsake u..
Lastly that money she is contributing the house belongs to her more than u do...

You just burst my mind open, God's willing I won't be building my first house with even a single penny from my woman!!!

A very big entitlement mentality will kill the marriage unless you are willing to be submitted to the said lady
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by BItt: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2023
TOBOSCOASSURES:
[b][/b]
You are a True LEGEND..

Experience is the best teacher. I don't want any man to experience what my eyes have seen. It's life sha
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by izonborn098(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2023
I'd an understanding woman but nothing will me take such decision except i borrow from her... People change anyday and anytime...
Slimplush:

You just burst my mind open, God's willing I won't be building my first house with even a single penny from my woman!!!

A very big entitlement mentality will kill the marriage unless you are willing to be submitted to the said lady
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by tosyne2much(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2023
mbeast:
I wanted to say this but you beat me to it. this is the best comment ever.
The guy is just a ho**y dude and obviously not thinking well.
Who does joint venture before marriage? You don't even know if your marriage will last one year(of course u will say godforbid) but a lady is already convincing and conditioning you to build a house together with her tiny 250k that can't erect a fence.
Mtcheww Bro masturbate and cum so u can come to ur senses.
That lady ain't ready to marry yet.

I thought I was the only one thinking towards that direction

No sensible lady would ever buy the idea of going into joint venture before marriage to the extent that she will be insisting that the joint venture has to happen before marriage.. Not even material venture ooo but property venture when they haven't even been married legally

Funny enough, they haven't even done introduction. Na only propose dem still do
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Charisma01: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:
Last week I proposed to my long time girlfriend and fiancee and she accepted me.

We discussed a whole range of topics and we are convenienced that we can live our lives together. But one thing we disagree on is the issue of house: she said we must build a house together before settling down but I suggested we tie the knot and live in a rented apartment before planning to build our personal house but she insisted we must build.

She said we will contribute money to build together, she won't leave me alone in the project. She even suggested withdrawing her savings of #250, 000 so we can buy land. I have the money and apart from my daily hustle I have other side businesses that springs me money occasionally.

I want to settle down as soon as possible but she cited the problems that comes along with living in a rented apartment. I really wish to settle down but this lady won't agree.

God has blessed you with a wise woman.
Don't lose her.
Build your house first, you will never regret it.
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Solofresh2: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
Samantha124:
Google translate has suffered...🀣🀣🀣
stop making jest of me na embarassed
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
So you want my picture?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Solofresh2:
stop making jest of me na embarassed
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Myer(m): 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:

It's a good suggestion but you have to assert that she can't insist on having "her way or no way."
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Obierika(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:

That 250K she wants to contribute is not even enough to buy the cement for just the foundation of the house alone grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Geovanni412(m): 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:

She said we will contribute money to build together, she won't leave me alone in the project. She even suggested withdrawing her savings of #250, 000 so we can buy [b]land. I have the money and apart from my daily [/b]hustle I have other side businesses that springs me money occasionally.

You have the money to buy land or to build house?

Which one I be?

If you have the money to build the house, then build it but it should not be a condition for marriage

Did her father build a house before marrying her mother?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by okewumi: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
Life is step by step.

Assuming you build and you marry her and she couldn't bear children, what will happen? I have seen situation like that and it was terrible.

Marry first, born one child and suspend, then start building project.
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Solofresh2: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
Samantha124:
So you want my picture?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Yeah
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Meerahbel: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
You obviously do not deserve her
LewisHamilton15:

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by dododawa1: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
LANDLADY full my old area
Don't let woman puch you.
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by dododawa1: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2023
Sha him PAPA build house
B4
Him marry her mother
Ask her d question first.
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by sterlingD(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
bro let me give u my own personal experience about issues like this

At first she will drop everything she has n she might even take a loan with/without your consent to finance the project

She will push( what she calls her own motivation) u beyond your normal boundaries that u will find it hard to do others things again cos u would have invested your last penny on d project

Eventually when u are down n u need her to come to your aid she will remind u she’s down too n she’s servicing her loans or doing other things that have been affected due to the project then u will b stranded

I will advise u to get a befitting accommodation, furnish it to your taste n if u have d money pay for 3 or 4 years in advance so u can use those period to plan well n not rush d project

My 2 cent

You have said it very very well .
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by AdeloveHomes: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
She is a demon sent from the pit of hell... She want you to start a project and abandon latter , where will you get a good land for #250k now .... Run for your life ... To buy a land is different from completing a successful building on the land ..this is a life project... Run for your life if the set aside capital for it is not enough to go a long way on the building project ...else you may go bankrupt...
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Elidrisy20: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
That's a trap
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Umadam: 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
Where can u get a land of 250k? Which tick village is that, u better look for another woman if she is not ready

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by mbeast(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
This whole thing is funny. You sure the guy isn't the one forcing himself on the babe?
like seriously i get it that couples may talk about their plans in their marriage how they would build businesses and bla bla togeda which isnt bad.
However, making it a condition that i must fulfil before i will marry you( which in this case isn't a chicken change condition that one will just open his wallet and pay for)

she has said it in her mind and maybe discussed with her friends that she won't marry until/unless her man is a house owner. To me dats a red flag. 2mao that same lady will say she can't stay in that house cos it doesn't befit her.

Of course the OP said her babe isn't like dat( i laff) just like when someone told u ur babe is/was sleeping with one guy she calls her frnd but you beat ur chest and say naah, not my babe, they r just frnds. until e clear for your eye.

Don't let emotions/luv cloud you sense of logical reasoning.

tosyne2much:
I thought I was the only one thinking towards that direction

No sensible lady would ever buy the idea of going into joint venture before marriage to the extent that she will be insisting that the joint venture has to happen before marriage.. Not even material venture ooo but property venture when they haven't even been married legally

Funny enough, they haven't even done introduction. Na only propose dem still do
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Decarbonisation: 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:

Tell her to ask her father to buy the house for you guys.
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Emeka71(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nataliace:
If I were you I would build first.
It's hard to find reasonable women like this nowadays.
So right.
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2023
LOL, SHE WANT TO SUPPORT YOU WITH N250K TO BUY LAND AND BUILD HOUSE?, WOMEN ARE THE SAME ALL OVER THE WORLD, I WILL SUPPORT YOU, I WILL SUPPORT YOU THAT THE WAY THEY PRESS MEN MUMU BOTTON AND BY THE TIME YOU PUT HEAD, THE SUPPORT WILL NOW BE LIKE DROPPING A DROP OF WATER INSIDE AN OCEAN, AT THE END FRONT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GO, BACK NO WAY.

UNLESS YOU ALREADY HAVE ABOUT N8 - N10M SAVED IN YOUR ACCOUNT DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION, YOU CAN TAKE THE BOLD AND RISKY STEP OF BUILDING FIRST BEFORE MARRIAGE, OTHER BROSS, GBAGBE OSHI. THE LADY JUST WANT TO PULL YOUR LEG, EVEN THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BUILD THEIR HOUSE WITH N200K MONTHLY INCOME FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS ARE STILL BATTLING TO COMPLETE IT, TALK MORE OF A LADY WHO PROBABLY HAS USED OVER 5 YEARS OF MY LIFE TO SAVE N250K.

GUY RUN, OBIRINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, THEY CAN DRAG MEN OUT CHAAAA. ANY WAYS FOR ME, IT WORKED FOR ME, MARRIAGE FIRST, I GOT LAND, AND STARTED BUILDING AND MOVED IN WITH MY FAMILY, THE NEXT THING IS CAR.

TALK TO HER, YOU GUYS CAN BUY THE LAND, GET IT SECURED, GET MARRIED, STAY IN A RENTED APARTMENT, HAVE IN MIND THAT YOU HAVE A PROJECT, EVERY MONTH BE HAVING A MONTHLY COMMITMENT ON THE PROJECT, GRADUALLY WHILE YOU ARE STILL ON A RENTED APARTMENT YOU CAN BE WORKING ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECT, BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, WITH SERIOUS COMMITMENT, YOU WILL SEE THAT YOU HAVE BUILT YOUR HOUSE TO THE LEVEL OF MOVING IN. BROSSS, DEM NO DE BUILD HOUSE FINISH, EXPECIALLY WITH THIS OUR CURRENT CONDITION IN NIGERIA WHEN A BAG OF CEMENT GOES FOR N5,500, 9 INCHES BLOCK N350 - N400 IRON N5K - N7K DEPENDING. THINGS WE GOT N2,500K EACH 1-2 YEARS BACK.

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by cliqtips: 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:

My own be say don't build house together oooo. That's my 2cents sha.

Or better still make sure every receipt are in your name
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Trojan8(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
The fact some Nigerians are saying she's smart shows how poor most are when it comes to finance.

How's starting a building project without any credible source of income that can generate steady cash flow a good idea? The only thing she cares about is being called a landlady and that's it. Her 250k won't even be enough to take care of her own expenses if you were to plan a wedding today. Same lady is forcing you to build a house and somehow you think it's a good decision.

You tie let's say 20m on a house when if you invest such at 20% per annum, you get 4m. How much is rent again?

You need financial wisdom and not marriage, bozo.
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Bananapill: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:

If you have the means to build the house progressively within the next one year, please do. If the land can accommodate other flats,add it but you can complete your own side first to move in. In no distant time you will complete the other apartments.
House rent na wahala wey we dey face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Type Of Dick Do Women Like / I Am The Most Endowed Girl On Nairaland...picture Proof! / Kenyan Man Propose To His Boyfriend, Got Engaged (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.