Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video (2841 Views)

See What This Man Did To Save His Mum's Life / Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. / Is It Possible To Discipline A Child Without Flogging Him Or Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
I saw this on the news this morning. Is it okay for one to step in and discipline someone else's child especially in situations like this one.

Go past the ad on this video and watch a man slap his friends naughty son.

[flash=450,360]http://d.yimg.com/nl/australia/site/player.swf?vid=26969977[/flash]
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by yamba: 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
can some one help me with the new Ijazeerah sport software on nilesat
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by r231(m): 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
wow shocked shocked shocked

thats crazy. . . . he is lucky dats not my kid
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
Lol, which comp you dey use? can watch it here grin grin
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
If you cannot view the video click the link below and view it on the website

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/soapbox/article/-/10481757/have-you-ever-disclipined-someone-elses-child/
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by r231(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
jennykadry:

If you cannot view the video click the link below and view it on the website

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/soapbox/article/-/10481757/have-you-ever-disclipined-someone-elses-child/

I have seen it

the stupi.d guy slapping a kid like that

he can tap him on the hand just a lil bit not a big slap like that

now dats way too much
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2011
I was at work when I watched it. The force of the slap pulled me out of my chair grin grin
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
not especially when the parent is right there no. Its an indirect repudiation of the parenting skills of the biological parent. At best i would simply ignore the kid.
But for starters . . . when did it become acceptable for kids to be this undisciplined even in the presence of adults? Back in the day when an adult spoke to you you obeyed before asking why.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by ifyalways(f): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
No one hits my son that hard right in my presence.Its totally unacceptable.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Sissy3(f): 2:15am On Oct 18, 2011
was that slap for real? shocked shocked shocked shocked jeezz!
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Outstrip(f): 2:16am On Oct 18, 2011
I was coming on here to bar my teeth like a rabid dog but that child na winch  grin  grin All the man did was cast out the demon
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 18, 2011
Outstrip:

I was coming on here to bar my teeth like a rabid dog but that child na winch  grin  grin All the man did was cast out the demon

grin grin grin
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by mutter(f): 7:38am On Oct 18, 2011
I think the man just acted out of reflex when he got that kick from the little boy.
Actually I blame the parents for standing back and watching the situation escalate without intervening adequately. That boy could have injured someone.
I remember being in a similar situation, a little boy that often hits children and adults hit me on my tummy, i was pregnant then. Well I did not slap him but I certainly was harsh and yelled at him. The mother was standing right there and asked me why I would do such a thing. I told her my view on such issues.
She has every right to give her child the kind of upbringing she wants but she has to know that the child will live with the consequences of it`s action. At that moment i acted totally out of reflex.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by blank(f): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2011
I am with Outstrip on this one. He certainly cast out the winch.

I generally do not step into other people's business. But if na my kid, i 4 dash am slap number 2. How can u be so rude. However, i do not like people beating my kids cos some people have winch wey dey follow dem from village.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
I agree with Mutter, the man acted out of instinct. I have done something like this but to an adult.

I blame the parents for making it go that far. Some parents lack good parental upbringing skills. Look at them sitting down and looking at the boy trying to hurt other kids. I am sure the man that slapped him had to step in to protect his own kid(s). Na for sorry e go end if someone was hurt.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by ronkebp(f): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2011
In as much as i do not agree with outsiders teaching me how to raise my son, but the child deserves it, since his parents cannot teach him. next time, when he sees another person, he would behave himself. But am sure since you saw it on the news, they would probably blow it out of proportion and say, it is child abuse.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Sagamite(m): 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
You surely can give my kid a slap like that if he does something like that and is 6 years old or older.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2011
LMAO Saga. grin grin grin grin

[size=3pt]
Let me check you out on the other side[/size] wink
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Busybody2(f): 12:32am On Oct 19, 2011
Awww, bless, a man after my own heart.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by yamba: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2011
can some one help me the FTA channels that will show the following matches on Saturday
Swansea vs man united
Norwich city vs Arsenal

Sunday
Chelsea vs Liverpool
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by freecocoa(f): 6:40am On Nov 17, 2011
I'll definitely do the same if I was in the man's shoes and if the kid was mine,inshort my kid should know better than to behave in such a way.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by JeSoul(f): 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2011
I second people's reservations about disciplining other peoples kids in public but I support the man jor. It was only a slap self, it should have been a complete spanking. There are few things worse than undisciplined children.

I was having a party at my place once and set up all the fancy champagne glasses and was filling them, there was only one kid in the house but he was a terrible terrorist messing up the whole place. Me I had been quiet the whole night, and his parents would just say "stop" "sit" "quit" doing nothing to really stop him. He came into the kitchen and raised his hand and almost toppled the entire 15 or so filled glasses . . .

out of nowhere I screamed at him and lifted my hand to smack him, if not for his mom was standing next to me I surely would've delivered a solid smack. His mom stood frozen & shocked at my reaction and said "geez, you didn't have to yell at him like that". But guess what, the rest of the night he sat in a corner very quiet & behaved. I could see him cower a bit whenever he saw/heard me. Lol. I will give my trusted friends/family full authority to discipline my kids should they ever act a fool in their presence.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Outstrip(f): 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2011
There is this little kid in my church. I pray before I go to church that I don't teach that girl a lesson. she is not even two but she walks up to bigger kids and the next thing you know is a hot slap. You will see three year olds crying and the next thing is that this little terrorist has done it again. I am very convinced that her mother is her fathers punching bag. She is so aggresive. I saw her snatch a bottle from a little baby in a stroller and started drinking it. The baby was just crying. She would walk up to someone and just snatch a bag of chips from their hands. She does it with so much aggressiveness (is this even a word) that it just shocks me. Church folks raise your children right abeg. I have boys so I knwo they will just let her have it but I will certainly send that child crying to her mother if she comes near me with that nonsense. Too aggressive for a little girl
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2011
Lol @ little terrorist. grin

I have smacked a friends son before, like jesoul said, instead of the parents to do something about their wayward child, all you hear is "stop it, be quiet, sit down" but when I smacked him, the dude got the message immediately
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by JeSoul(f): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
Outstrip:

There is this little kid in my church. I pray before I go to church that I don't teach that girl a lesson. she is not even two but she walks up to bigger kids and the next thing you know is a hot slap. You will see three year olds crying and the next thing is that this little terrorist has done it again. I am very convinced that her mother is her fathers punching bag. She is so aggresive. I saw her snatch a bottle from a little baby in a stroller and started drinking it. The baby was just crying. She would walk up to someone and just snatch a bag of chips from their hands. She does it with so much aggressiveness (is this even a word) that it just shocks me. Church folks raise your children right abeg. I have boys so I knwo they will just let her have it but I will certainly send that child crying to her mother if she comes near me with that nonsense. Too aggressive for a little girl
Too unfortunate. I can't recall how many times I've restrained myself from stretching out my hand to smack a wayward child . . . no one to blame but the parents. I shudder to think the kind of brat that girl is going to grow up into.

jennykadry:

I have smacked a friends son before, like jesoul said, instead of the parents to do something about their wayward child, all you hear is "stop it, be quiet, sit down" but when I smacked him, the dude got the message immediately
Lol, the thing annoys me. Or the ones that will say "I'm counting to 10, 1-2-3 . . ." seriously?
Contrast that with one ghanian party I went to. The drinks were on the center table and all the adults were sitting/standing around. 2 kids went up to the table to help themselves to a bottle of goya because all they had downstairs in their section was coke & fanta . . . mehn if you see how the father went ballistic on them  grin grin grin "how dare you?" "you see adults here and you want to take from where they're eating" "my friend go! get out of here!" "OUT!!" ROTFLOL  if you see the way those kids ran for their lives lol, we were all laughing so hard . . . poor kids, and they were actually well behaved the whole time, just happen to make one mistake  grin grin
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 17, 2011
My son is barely 2 and he knows his mama is no nonesense. Some pple shared with me that they assumed I will spoil my son silly because I had gone through a lot before having a kid, but I tell them what's d need of waiting so long to have a baby and spoiling him and making him useless.
Anyway my husband invited his collegue and wife over for dinner, I was hesitant cos I don't like them, they come accross as fake and superficial, u can't spend 2 minutes talking to the wife without her mentioning d last vacation she had and d brand of her bag as if you have to tell me. The man is no better, he will take bank loans to sponsor fake lifestyle when he is d only one among his collegues who doesn't have a personal house.
Anyway, they came over with their 2 kids, kids just past me and my hubby no greeting and just went to take d remote and change d channel, I was shocked at their rudeness expecting their parents to correct them for where? The mom just said "kids" hmmm. I went to set d table came and met d 3 year old child holding up my expensive glass deco, my son at 2 knows some parts of d sitting room are off limits to him. Anyway, d mom was busy begging him to keep it, promising him candy, ben 10 stuff if he didn't break it, d child was screaming demanding for more stuff. I wanted to go smack d hell out of the kid but my husband stopped me.
Anyway, when we were about to eat the elder one started demaning for candy, and the mom asked where they could go but close by, I was in shock as d rude kids kept running crazy. Anyway we waited till der dad came back and we sat for dinner. The kids were uncontrollable and when they threw tantrums d mum will beg them and bribe them with something. Anyway I had it and d straw dat broke d camels back was when they poured their drinks on my carpet delibrately and were taking it to pour on my chair, I got up as fast as I could dragged 2 of dem off gave them both two hard smacks and scolded them, their mom looked as if I had taken out her kidneys but I didn't care, needless to say the 2 brats were quiet and well behaved through the rest of d dinner.
The woman doesn't talk to me anymore but who cares? Fake family

1 Like

Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by JeSoul(f): 6:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
debrief08:

My son is barely 2 and he knows his mama is no nonesense. Some pple shared with me that they assumed I will spoil my son silly because I had gone through a lot before having a kid, but I tell them what's d need of waiting so long to have a baby and spoiling him and making him useless.
Anyway my husband invited his collegue and wife over for dinner, I was hesitant cos I don't like them, they come accross as fake and superficial, u can't spend 2 minutes talking to the wife without her mentioning d last vacation she had and d brand of her bag as if you have to tell me. The man is no better, he will take bank loans to sponsor fake lifestyle when he is d only one among his collegues who doesn't have a personal house.
Anyway, they came over with their 2 kids, kids just past me and my hubby no greeting and just went to take d remote and change d channel, I was shocked at their rudeness expecting their parents to correct them for where? The mom just said "kids" hmmm. I went to set d table came and met d 3 year old child holding up my expensive glass deco, my son at 2 knows some parts of d sitting room are off limits to him. Anyway, d mom was busy begging him to keep it, promising him candy, ben 10 stuff if he didn't break it, d child was screaming demanding for more stuff. I wanted to go smack d hell out of the kid but my husband stopped me.
Anyway, when we were about to eat the elder one started demaning for candy, and the mom asked where they could go but close by, I was in shock as d rude kids kept running crazy. Anyway we waited till der dad came back and we sat for dinner. The kids were uncontrollable and when they threw tantrums d mum will beg them and bribe them with something. Anyway I had it and d straw dat broke d camels back was when they poured their drinks on my carpet delibrately and were taking it to pour on my chair, I got up as fast as I could dragged 2 of dem off gave them both two hard smacks and scolded them, their mom looked as if I had taken out her kidneys but I didn't care, needless to say the 2 brats were quiet and well behaved through the rest of d dinner.
The woman doesn't talk to me anymore but who cares? Fake family
  grin grin grin grin You are my kind of woman!  grin grin what terrible kids . . . honestly, it really depresses my heart when I hear of kids like these. People should really be screened before they have children. And I'm glad you mentioned that even at 2yrs your son already knows what not to do . . . some parents will be giving silly excuses "they're too young" "they won't understand why you're spanking them" "bla bla bla".

1 Like

Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Outstrip(f): 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sorry debrief but you did not handle that well. I am hesitant to spank other peoples kids even though I wish I could sometimes but I will definitely put them in their place including time out if they did that crap in my home. I would say "In this home we do not do that" or "That is unacceptable behavior". It would even embarass the parents. I think for me I try to be straight forward. It will not be tolerated in my home. As a matter of fact as soon as the child picked up that remote control i would let them know straight up that it was unacceptable to the hearing of the useless mother. Honestly I have seen better behaved animals than some children. You can train a dog not to run in the house but a human being will bring their child over to someone else's home and the child will be swinging from the chandelier. Yeye
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Outstrip(f): 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2011
jennykadry:

I wish I could sometimes but what holds me back is the knowledge that I do not love these kids like I love mine and I am even hesitant to spank mine as I do not totally believe in spanking. If I am spanking someone else's kids I am simply spanking the brat in them. I might not be able to connect with the sweet part of that child. What will the child learn from it. If they are in my home the child will get time out something like church or a gathering I will bundle the child to the mother and let her know that her child is being a brat. Other people can spank though grin I have nothing against it. I will just enjoy it through them
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
Oustrip, hmmm, I had reservations scolding kids immediately they enter my house, I love kids and it wouldn't have been nice to just attck them after d remote incident, plus there parents were der I expected dem to handle der kids demselves. I finally reacted when it was obvious dat d parents had no say in what their kids did and keeping quiet will further scatter my well kept house.
My actions got d desired results, I don't have all night to be fcollowing spoilt children, once I did dat they were quiet for d night and dat was dat. Maybe we ve different views on spanking but once u bring ur child under my roof my rules apply, I let others discipline my son because am old school and believe it still takes a village. If you catch my son misbehaving by all means discipline him.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sometimes when my maid smacks my son or scolds him other women look at me as if to say "you allow dat" and I respond yes cos if d boy gets rotten me, d maid and d whole society will suffer for it, I will not raise an undisciplined boy cos I wanna be "modern" spare d rod spoil d child. What use is a spoilt child to anyone? A disciplined fun focused child takes work and if sometimes I have to be harsh I will because in the end he will thank me for it. My husband and his brothers thank their mom for her discipline till today. They re all well rounded focused men who have learnt to love and respect their wives and families because der mom chose to raise men not spoilt boys. I will not be d one to raise a spoilt generation
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Busybody2(f): 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2011
Una get time oh, I love children and love hanging out with them, but i think something in my body oozes out some no BS signs whenever children are around me cheesy My home is my territory so i have no problem dealing with errant children, they can breathe the "unspoken no nonsense allowed here rule" as soon as they step in. As for children outside, all it takes me is 5 minutes to get acquainted with such kid, for them to know their pala pala would not be tolerated around me cheesy

As for the parents, i have never had any bad feeling from any of them, its usually for example "eyah Dee, you go born your own oh" or "don't worry na inside booth/trunk we go put yours when you have them" and now wey i don born nko, nothing, nothing, lol cheesy As for what i do, i rarely smack, but there is something about my face that goes from angelic to whatever it is these kids see to make them behave instantly grin Oh and i have had to sit on some very naughty trying ones and i enjoy and relish every minute of it grin embarassed  embarassed The challenges i love the most is those whereby parents say "my son/daughter does not like eating this and only likes eating so and so, all i need to hear is they don't have a genuine allergy such as allergic to shellfish, nuts, etc lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages Of Not Getting Married? / Why Do I Find It Extremely Difficult To Forget Him? / I Feel Like Wiring My Daughter Slap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.