Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video (2845 Views)

See What This Man Did To Save His Mum's Life / Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. / Is It Possible To Discipline A Child Without Flogging Him Or Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Outstrip(f): 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
debrief08:

Oustrip, hmmm, I had reservations scolding kids immediately they enter my house, I love kids and it wouldn't have been nice to just attck them after d remote incident, plus there parents were der I expected dem to handle der kids demselves. I finally reacted when it was obvious dat d parents had no say in what their kids did and keeping quiet will further scatter my well kept house.
My actions got d desired results, I don't have all night to be fcollowing spoilt children, once I did dat they were quiet for d night and dat was dat. Maybe we ve different views on spanking but once u bring your child under my roof my rules apply, I let others discipline my son because am old school and believe it still takes a village. If you catch my son misbehaving by all means discipline him.

You know I just remembered when a friend came to my house and her daughter was being very inappropriate like right in front of me and her mother. Lets just say it had to do with genitals. her mother did nothing. I yelled at that little thing. I did not know if I should I vomit or slap her mother. My boys cannot pick up the remote control when and adult is right there not to talk of in someone else's home. I can go on and on about this woman's kids and their behavior but you don't know who reads on here  grin My mom even told me to restrict the boys access to this womans kids because it can influence them. I tend to agree because I remember one day they came and they just went running and screaming through the house like the house was on fire. When I looked my son had joined them in their race to no where. I have even decided now that I want to move to a place with a high Asian demographic because their children seem to be better behaved. I cannot spend my time dodging peoples children rather than focus on raising mine
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Busybody2(f): 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
Where has everybody been?

I wonder why are they all here today after all this year in hiatus?  tongue

Hmmm, nothing like sex/sex related thread to bring family section posters crawling out the woodworks and get their juices going lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-803681.0.html
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2011
Oustrip u re right jor, these lousy kids influence well behaved kids, do u know these kids were telling my boy that their mommys car is bigger than his moms and asking him why he didn't have all d stupid ben 10 jargons, this boy is only 2 and dey re asking him why he doesn't demand for toys. First of all d only cartoon my son watches are d educative ones no ben 10, I wonder how some parents just let their kids rot in front of d tv, ask dem about school dey don't know jack but they know all d cartoon characters yet u put them in N1mschool and expect d teachhers to perform magic on a child u refuse to discipline or teach
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Sagamite(m): 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2011
JeSoul:

out of nowhere I screamed at him and lifted my hand to smack him, if not for his mom was standing next to me I surely would've delivered a solid smack. His mom stood frozen & shocked at my reaction and said "geez, you didn't have to yell at him like that".

In her deluded mind, that is proof she loves her child more than you love your child.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Sagamite(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2011
debrief08:

My son is barely 2 and he knows his mama is no nonesense. Some pple shared with me that they assumed I will spoil my son silly because I had gone through a lot before having a kid, but I tell them what's d need of waiting so long to have a baby and spoiling him and making him useless.
Anyway my husband invited his collegue and wife over for dinner, I was hesitant cos I don't like them, they come accross as fake and superficial, u can't spend 2 minutes talking to the wife without her mentioning d last vacation she had and d brand of her bag as if you have to tell me. The man is no better, he will take bank loans to sponsor fake lifestyle when he is d only one among his collegues who doesn't have a personal house.
Anyway, they came over with their 2 kids, kids just past me and my hubby no greeting and just went to take d remote and change d channel, I was shocked at their rudeness expecting their parents to correct them for where? The mom just said "kids" hmmm. I went to set d table came and met d 3 year old child holding up my expensive glass deco, my son at 2 knows some parts of d sitting room are off limits to him. Anyway, d mom was busy begging him to keep it, promising him candy, ben 10 stuff if he didn't break it, d child was screaming demanding for more stuff. I wanted to go smack d hell out of the kid but my husband stopped me.
Anyway, when we were about to eat the elder one started demaning for candy, and the mom asked where they could go but close by, I was in shock as d rude kids kept running crazy. Anyway we waited till der dad came back and we sat for dinner. The kids were uncontrollable and when they threw tantrums d mum will beg them and bribe them with something. Anyway I had it and d straw dat broke d camels back was when they poured their drinks on my carpet delibrately and were taking it to pour on my chair, I got up as fast as I could dragged 2 of dem off gave them both two hard smacks and scolded them, their mom looked as if I had taken out her kidneys but I didn't care, needless to say the 2 brats were quiet and well behaved through the rest of d dinner.
The woman doesn't talk to me anymore but who cares? Fake family

Lol! grin grin grin grin

Perfect example of metrosexual, funky child rearing.

Awon alakori oshi!

debrief08:

Sometimes when my maid smacks my son or scolds him other women look at me as if to say "you allow dat" and I respond yes cos if d boy gets rotten me, d maid and d whole society will suffer for it, I will not raise an undisciplined boy cos I wanna be "modern" spare d rod spoil d child. What use is a spoilt child to anyone? A disciplined fun focused child takes work and if sometimes I have to be harsh I will because in the end he will thank me for it. My husband and his brothers thank their mom for her discipline till today. They re all well rounded focused men who have learnt to love and respect their wives and families because der mom chose to raise men not spoilt boys. I will not be d one to raise a spoilt generation

Wa'shere!

E go better for you.

Ori e pe.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Sagamite(m): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
debrief08:

Oustrip u re right jor, these lousy kids influence well behaved kids, do u know these kids were telling my boy that their mommys car is bigger than his moms and asking him why he didn't have all d silly ben 10 jargons, this boy is only 2 and dey re asking him why he doesn't demand for toys. First of all d only cartoon my son watches are d educative ones no ben 10, I wonder how some parents just let their kids rot in front of d tv, ask dem about school dey don't know jack but they know all d cartoon characters yet u put them in N1mschool and expect d teachhers to perform magic on a child u refuse to discipline or teach 

I keep on telling people that it is not only you that is raising your child, it is also the environment.

I have always loved kids like crazy when I was in Nigeria. When I came to the UK, that love of kids diminished.

Recently, I had a friend and his wife come on holiday to the UK with their 2 year old son. They stayed with me.

Their boy was so adorable in everything he did, to the point I was missing him when he left. Absolutely sweet boy.

I dare say that the kid is far better behaved than my nephews (who are not spoilt by the way). It is just the case that my nephews are unfortunate to be being raised in the wrong environment. Even though their parents don't take rubbish, if they go to school, the discipline is not as serious and they WILL pick up bad behaviour such as having to tell them the same thing over and over again before they stop. This is because in school, that is how the teacher will approach it.

The boy raised in Nigeria, his teachers will probably not hesitate to smack him if he gets out of hand. At 2 years old, when you tell him to stop something, that is the end of it. He even gives you the benefit of his cute, adorable smile to compliment his cheekiness.

It is just another case of the fundamental difference I see in kids raised in Nigeria and kids raised in UK. The kids in Nigeria are normally far better behaved.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by ronkebp(f): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2011
I do not joke ooooo, my friends children' no better than to misbehave in my house, i do not hide my feelings at all, na for my eyes they would know if am joking or not, i use my eyes to control my people (siblings and my 15 month old son). He knows when mommy is not joking, he stops whatever he is doing at that moment and turns his gaze away from mine, stealing quick looks later on. So  parents have to train their children, or else the woman ''don carry yansh born fire'' be dat.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
Personally, I wouldn't discipline someone else's child. Not even my nephews or nieces. I don't feel it's my place to do so, that's what their parents are there for.

If an adult slapped my child the way that guy did, there'll be hell to pay. My daughter is well-behaved, and does not act up in the presence of others. If on the off chance she did something really out of character, then it would be my duty to straighten her out. Not some grown arse adult who should know better.
Re: Would you step in to discipline a child that isn't yours like this man did?Video by Sagamite(m): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2012
Siena:

Personally, I wouldn't discipline someone else's child. Not even my nephews or nieces. I don't feel it's my place to do so, that's what their parents are there for.

If an adult slapped my child the way that guy did, there'll be hell to pay. My daughter is well-behaved, and does not act up in the presence of others. If on the off chance she did something really out of character, then it would be my duty to straighten her out. Not some grown arse adult who should know better.

I definitely discipline my nephews even when their parents are there.

Sometimes the mother even try to get involved and take over the discipline because she is slightly embarassed and I tell her to back down, I have it under control.

That said the kids are lucky because I have never smacked them. Their parents on the other hand will not hesitate to smack them. My raised voice and facial expression is enough for them to act right at this stage, but I can say that because I don't live with them 24 hours.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Guns Down Pregnant Burglar After She Told Him 'i'm Going To Have A Baby' / The Miracle Of Sex In A Marriage / How I Saved My Friend From His Manipulative And Violent wife : Twitter User.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.