Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,443 members, 7,861,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:30 AM

Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies (13602 Views)

Ahmed Zainab: Nigerians Should Expect Modest Increases In Taxes And Levies / Names Of Presidential Panel Members Probing Magu / Presidential Panel Disobeys Osibanjo's Directive, Says He Can't Order Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by soccerlite: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2023
festacman:
Well done, Taiwo Oyedele. If you succeed in this hard complicated task, Nigerians will not forget. May God strengthen you.

I'm happy you said "if he succeeds"

Cos if they want him to succeed, this kind man should get minister position

At the end of the project he's giving, his report will be collecting dust on the shelf

Where's orosanye report till today

Where's Jonathan report till today
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by soccerlite: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
mcquin:
I created a post yesterday of Buhar/Tinubu and wanted forum members to decide who is better in governance. Today FFK echoed my sentiments.

I am not an APC support and believe the APC might not have won the elections because of Buhari's ouring, but Tinubu has been impressive. By this time Buhari had gone on several medical trips, spending over a month abroad on medical tourism.

Point out the impressive areas

Abi you don't know what governance means

Burdens are supposed to be reducing, but they are increasing

And you said you aren't apc support, oga emancipate yourself

From your pictures you are old enough to understand deceit
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by Cromagnon: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
The same poor 90% of whom don't pay personal income tax??
they others
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by Joysammy: 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
Thank you President Tinubu... You tenure shall favour us in Jesus Name
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by mcquin(m): 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2023
soccerlite:

Point out the impressive areas

Abi you don't know what governance means

Burdens are supposed to be reducing, but they are increasing

And you said you aren't apc support, oga emancipate yourself

From your pictures you are old enough to understand deceit
Sir, you can check out the thread I created for that purpose. I can least not less than 10 areas Tinubu has shown more competence; from engaging labour unions directly to appointing young liberal people across board (check heads of secirty which used to be Northern dominated) to making strong pronouncements on coups within Africa, listening to Nigerians and backtracking on the 8k palliative, not heating up polity with RUGA et al. Till date the IPOB issue is yet to abate, a direct consequence of actions as Operation Python Dance. Tinubu appears a better negotiator. I can go on and on abeg.

Check previous post of writers to know who is an APC supporter.
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by lexy2014: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
The same poor 90% of whom don't pay personal income tax??

How did you arrive at your 90%?

If 90% of the poor don't pay taxes, then which taxes are they say made life unbearable for the poor?
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by lexy2014: 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2023
mcquin:
I created a post yesterday of Buhar/Tinubu and wanted forum members to decide who is better in governance. Today FFK echoed my sentiments.

I am not an APC support and believe the APC might not have won the elections because of Buhari's ouring, but Tinubu has been impressive. By this time Buhari had gone on several medical trips, spending over a month abroad on medical tourism.

How has Tinubu been impressive?
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by iwaeda: 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
shigoawesu:

Do you know the meaning of WIDE
No, I only know broad. grin grin angry grin
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by emperor863(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
iwaeda:

You don't understand government and tax regime. When LASG fix #800 for bus per day on buses, does it stop them from paying other levies. UK tax is about 37%, but is unified. You mean Nigeria tax will be the lowest. Oyedele doesn't know this is not KPMG or Deloitte. I have lived in Lagos all my adult life, I can tell you, no government has ever lowered taxes paid, from utilities to pay as you earn, Vat and so on. If 83% is cut, what will be left as revenue for the government grin angry angry grin

Surely you understand taxation from your comment above. However, I think what the government now wants to do is reduce the tax burden on the people that ate already overtaxed due to multiplicity of taxes.

The likely shortfall from this step is expected to be more than compensated for by widening the tax net, that is bring in millions of Nigerians who have before now evade tax. You will readily agree that with a semblance of the activities of tax consultants in Lagos, (which astronomically improved Lagos IGR) much more revenue will be collected in form of taxes if that template is replicated nationwide.

I believe it is a positive development.
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by soccerlite: 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
mcquin:

Sir, you can check out the thread I created for that purpose. I can least not less than 10 areas Tinubu has shown more competence; from engaging labour unions directly to appointing young liberal people across board (check heads of secirty which used to be Northern dominated) to making strong pronouncements on coups within Africa, listening to Nigerians and backtracking on the 8k palliative, not heating up polity with RUGA et al. Till date the IPOB issue is yet to abate, a direct consequence of actions as Operation Python Dance. Tinubu appears a better negotiator. I can go on and on abeg.

Check previous post of writers to know who is an APC supporter.

Oga

You are a mediocre, this is what you stated as impressive

You are a ridiculous comedian

Mtchew
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by mcquin(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Oga I'm not ready to go in circles with you as I know your modus operandi.

Buhari spent 6months to get ministers who he termed irrelevant.

Buhari spent most of his 1st term of medical tour abroad.

Buhari without regard to the country's unity appointed cronies from North, there is today a spread of appointment especially at the security top hierachy.

The hardship you alluded to began with Buhari shutting borders with food prices immediately skyrocketing. The Naira also lost its value from 240 to a dollar to 700 when he left. Tinubu removed the subsidy we all agreed should be gone, his approach you may not like.
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by mcquin(m): 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
soccerlite:

Oga

You are a mediocre, this is what you stated as impressive

You are a ridiculous comedian

Mtchew
I understand quite a number of you here resort to insults instead of engaging in decent conversations.

Kindly look your kind.

Have a blessed day.
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by soccerlite: 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
mcquin:

I understand quite a number of you here resort to insults instead of engaging in decent conversations.

Kindly look your kind.

Have a blessed day.

Removing subsidy without functional refinery, this only trickle effect is felt in all sectors

Increase in education fee

Dollar liberalisation

Increase in political appointees

Jumbo allowance for legislature

Giving alleged 5bn to govs, just like giving monkeys banana for an errand

Increase in MDA charges for professional

Oga

You are now saying he appointed non Hausa to security, he reverse 8k, he did showoff intervention in Niger republic

Can you pray that the way tinubu is running nigeria, should be your lot

Ire o

Increase in electric meters
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by mcquin(m): 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
soccerlite:

Removing subsidy without functional refinery, this only trickle effect is felt in all sectors

Increase in education fee

Dollar liberalisation

Increase in political appointees

Jumbo allowance for legislature

Giving alleged 5bn to govs, just like giving monkeys banana for an errand

Increase in MDA charges for professional

Oga

You are now saying he appointed non Hausa to security, he reverse 8k, he did showoff intervention in Niger republic

Can you pray that the way tinubu is running nigeria, should be your lot

Ire o

Increase in electric meters
A better way of approaching conversation is this, not hurling insults.

Now, we all agree Nigeria is broke and the last administration left us at over a trillion naira debt. How is government going to fund its budget if it doesn't find ways to raise revenue and that ofcourse includes taking out subsidy which we have all agreed shpuld
should be tajen
taken out.

Most of the you have made up there, I am not privy and will not engage in hear-says.

The allowances for legislature has always been there and this is not an
excuse for overbloated government.

To your next-to closing paragraph which I am interested in, ask what appointing only northerners to top security hierachy did to polity and mental inclusiveness of other tribes before coming here to ridicule it. If inclusiveness is not so much an issue, the Federal Character idea will be of no moment, South will not demand presidency based on turn.

Again, if you understand international politics, especially the fact that Africa is centre of Nigeria's foreign policy, then you'll better appreciate thag Tinubu's stance on Niger boosts not only the country's image but confidence of sub-regional groups on the country's abililty to provide leadership for the sub-region.

I will close with this, my argument is not on whether Tinubu is perfect or not, but rather is a comparative analysis of his governance vis-a-vis Buhari's. I expected you'd have noticed thag. So I still can't understand the reason for your insults earlier
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by Shattuck(m): 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2023
Dude said Nigerians do not pay tax because to they don't trust the govt, do Nigerians now trust the govt, to voluntarily pay tax, dude always thinks the way out is for the citizens to start holding the leaders accountable, how can we do that, look at the nation, the judiciary and all, how then can the masses hold leaders accountable.
Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by lexy2014: 2:45am On Sep 13, 2023
mcquin:

Oga I'm not ready to go in circles with you as I know your modus operandi.

Buhari spent 6months to get ministers who he termed irrelevant.

Buhari spent most of his 1st term of medical tour abroad.

Buhari without regard to the country's unity appointed cronies from North, there is today a spread of appointment especially at the security top hierachy.

The hardship you alluded to began with Buhari shutting borders with food prices immediately skyrocketing. The Naira also lost its value from 240 to a dollar to 700 when he left. Tinubu removed the subsidy we all agreed should be gone, his approach you may not like.

offpoint. you have already gone round in circles cos I asked about Tinubu, you are talking about buhari.

Re: Presidential Panel Plans 83% Cut In Taxes, Levies by mcquin(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2023
lexy2014:

offpoint. you have already gone round in circles cos I asked about Tinubu, you are talking about buhari.

You are forthwith ignored Mr.

I already mentioned the template against which I am evaluating Tinubu, and that is the Buhari's administration. Check properly the comment you quoted.

If to your mind Tinubu hasn't been a better administration in comparism to Buhari, who am I to convince you otherwise "Mr. Onpoint?"

Kindly take your Q & A session elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yar'adua's Beautiful Wife / Jailing Of Looters: Start With APC Members" - PDP, Obasanjo's Group Tell Buhari / 2019: I'm All Out For Free And Fair Election - Buhari Assures Theresa May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.