Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language (2883 Views)

Pa Akintola Williams Dies At 104 / I Regained Freedom After 104 Days In Captivity - Sadiq Ango Abdullahi / #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Hotfreezing: 1:27am On Sep 14, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Non indigenes of Lagos or SW have the advantage because they'd be bilingual.

You think you're doing anybody?

You said you have the advantage. Yet, you are the same person crying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by ValarDoharis: 1:33am On Sep 14, 2023
Someone created the thread yo laugh at non indigenes but if I can hear and speak your but you can't hear or speak mine....who has the advantage?
Hotfreezing:

You said you have the advantage. Yet, you are the same person crying.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Hotfreezing: 1:38am On Sep 14, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Someone created the thread yo laugh at non indigenes but if I can hear and speak your but you can't hear or speak mine....who has the advantage?

The person with the stronger economy has the advantage.

Out of the top 7 richest Nigerians, none speaks your language.

Since Independence, out of more than 15 Heads of government in this country, only 1 speaks your language.

Out of more than 15 Grammy's winners in the history of this country, none speaks your language.

Your musicians and entertainers actually relocate to Lagos to learn Yoruba before they can make it.

Are you aware that UNESCO predicted that due to how speakers of your language are rapidly diminishing, it will soon get extinct?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/12/10/struggle-to-save-igbo-language-from-extinction%3famp=1

Your language is not an advantage, it is a liability.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by ValarDoharis: 2:01am On Sep 14, 2023
Yet, you say Igbos made Nigeria like this but you just said out of 15 head of state, we only had one.

Secondly, I'm not going this route of supremacy contest but I tell you that bilingual people have advantage over unilingual all things being equal
Hotfreezing:

The person with the stronger economy has the advantage.

Out of the top 7 richest Nigerians, none speaks your language.

Since Independence, out of more than 15 Heads of government in this country, only 1 speaks your language.

Out of more than 15 Grammy's winners in the history of this country, none speaks your language.

Your musicians and entertainers actually relocate to Lagos to learn Yoruba before they can make it.

Are you aware that UNESCO predicted that due to how speakers of your language are rapidly diminishing, it will soon get extinct?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/12/10/struggle-to-save-igbo-language-from-extinction%3famp=1

Your language is not an advantage, it is a liability.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Alaigbo(m): 2:31am On Sep 14, 2023
I told my Igbo friends they will regret Peter Obi contesting the election n driving division in Lagos but that toy I exaggerated.

Next will be review of all market in Lagos n disbanding of any non authorized market n bus park to go.

All those Ekene dilichukwu GIG Peace Agufore Ifesinachi Okeson GUO Young Shall Grow etc etc terminal should come n explain who have them right to construct pus park n Lagos road. The govt should build bus park n charge them accordingly.

Zonefree:

You go die if you no mention Igbo and east

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by plaindealer: 3:52am On Sep 14, 2023
kingsways:
this is retrogressive

Any university worth the name should be able to accommodate international students ..

A university should be a citadel of learning and excellence not a citadel of animalistic tribalism

Universities all over the world including Ivy Leagues all have Yoruba courses so are they retrogressive and not accomodating?

Exactly where is the sense in your post?

Or you are just mad, intolerant, and upset because it's LASU, Yoruba people and Yoruba language?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by DomPerignon: 6:07am On Sep 14, 2023
EmekaA125:

No. It shouldn't be so

And who dah hell are you to dictate to Lagos state university ?

What gives you the audacity to think you can dictate to Yorubas on which laws the promulgate and pass in their state ?

You Ibos are the only ones pushing the argument that Lagos is no man's land .

No other nationality in Nigeria is dragging Lagos with Yoruba only you vagrants of the yeast .

You have been all over this thread exposing your covetous nature for another man's land .

Are you the only non Yoruba people in Lagos?

Why is it that it is only you 0hu parasites that are pushing this foolishness ?

I blame Yorubas for being the only people to accept you in their midst after the civil war.

The SS you so much covet and that which you dragged into your useless Biafra, you steered very far and clear from. The north was a no go area for you. It was only Yoruba land that accepted you back from your dead yeast and now see how you treat them ?

I suggest you go to o Alausa with your brethren and protest the ongoing Yorubanization policy being carried out by Lagos state government in conjunction with Lagos state assembly.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by DomPerignon: 6:29am On Sep 14, 2023
kingsways:
this is retrogressive

Any university worth the name should be able to accommodate international students ..

A university should be a citadel of learning and excellence not a citadel of animalistic tribalism

Idiot, all non English speaking countries in the west have their mother tongue used as a language of communication in their universities.

You must learn German, French , Dutch , Russian , Chinese , Japanese if you attend their universities as these languages are the means of communication and learning

In Japan, you must complete a one year course in Japanese language before you begin your intended course and that course will be conducted in Japanese.

You Ibos never talk wetin dey worry Una over Lagos state Yorubanization policy.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by DomPerignon: 7:14am On Sep 14, 2023
Omoluabi16:
I do not support this. The goal of every citadel of learning is to attract the best brains worldwide. This will certain restrict non Yoruba students. LASU should want to compete with Unilag, ife and the rest. If you want to cut some people down to size,this is the wrong way to go about it.

You ohu bastard.

You go to a Russian, German ,Chinese, French or Japanese university and you must undergoe a year's study course on their language and pass before you will start your course proper which will be conducted in their respective language .

You ohu bastards no get sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by kingsways: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2023
DomPerignon:

Idiot, all non English speaking countries in the west have their mother tongue used as a language of communication in their universities.

You must learn German, French , Dutch , Russian , Chinese , Japanese if you attend their universities as these languages are the means of communication and learning

In Japan, you must complete a one year course in Japanese language before you begin your intended course and that course will be conducted in Japanese.

You Ibos never talk wetin dey worry Una over Lagos state Yorubanization policy.

If not that I am not stewpidd like you, I would have thunder should fire you
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by DomPerignon: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2023
kingsways:

If not that I am not stewpidd like you, I would have thunder should fire you

Ohu, when UNN made Ibo compulsory why did you not complain ?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
DomPerignon:

And who dah hell are you to dictate to Lagos state university ?

What gives you the audacity to think you can dictate to Yorubas on which laws the promulgate and pass in their state ?

You Ibos are the only ones pushing the argument that Lagos is no man's land .

No other nationality in Nigeria is dragging Lagos with Yoruba only you vagrants of the yeast .

You have been all over this thread exposing your covetous nature for another man's land .

Are you the only non Yoruba people in Lagos?

Why is it that it is only you 0hu parasites that are pushing this foolishness ?

I blame Yorubas for being the only people to accept you in their midst after the civil war.

The SS you so much covet and that which you dragged into your useless Biafra, you steered very far and clear from. The north was a no go area for you. It was only Yoruba land that accepted you back from your dead yeast and now see how you treat them ?

I suggest you go to o Alausa with your brethren and protest the ongoing Yorubanization policy being carried out by Lagos state government in conjunction with Lagos state assembly.
One Nigeria.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by psychalade: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
CRAVING FOR YORÙBÁ LANGUAGE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)

The study of Yorùbá seems to be more fancied abroad than at home in Nigeria. For instance, while there are only 11 (eleven) universities with Yorùbá programmes in Nigeria, the following 36 (thirty six) universities have Yorùbá programmes in the United States of America (USA):
1 University of Wisconsin - Madison
2 New York University
3 Carnegie Mellon University
4 Georgetown University
5 University of Mayland
6 University of Chicago
7 Seattle University
8 Arizonal State University
9 University of Illinois
10 University of California
11 Bowie State University
12 American University
13 Trinity University
14 University of Florida
15 Cornell University
16 University of Texas - Austin
17 Harvard University
18 Columbia University
19 Stanford University
20 Michigan State University
21 University of Georgia - Athens
22 Howard University
23 Rutgers University
24 Indiana University
25 University of Pennsylvania
26 Brown University
27 Yale University
28 State University of New York
29 Albany State University
30 University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
31 Fayetteville State University
32 University of North Carolina
33 Morgan State University (off-and-on basis)
34 Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York
35 Bernard College
36 Buffalo State College

[Source: Centre for Yorùbá Language Engineering (CEYOLENG), John Paul 11 Building, University of Ìbàdàn, Ìbàdàn, Nigeria].

NB: The implication of the above development is that, if appropriate, sufficient and timely care is not taken, foreign teachers would have to be recruited from overseas to teach Yorùbá to future generations of Yorùbá children in their motherland!
*🔥🔥🔥

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by olawalepopoola: 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
kingsways:
this is retrogressive

It is not. Why would the Chinese make you learn their language before you can study in their country. Why do the English ask you to do IELTS. To study in India you must first learn their language.
So it is not retrogressive. If the Americans have great interest in Yoruba language, why can't we make it compulsory for international students to learn our indigenous languages
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by blabulu2000: 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
EmekaA125:
Lagos is a metropolitan city and a former Federal territory. Imposing Yoruba language in Lagos, a city that showcases the beauty of Nigeria's diversity is highly condemnable. Too bad

see the Refugeee from NNnnyamiriiiiiiii nation coimg on social media to be advising Lagosians of how to organzie their terrorry . you get this idea nah him you no advised your ancesstorrs, nationalists, senators and your politcal leaders of how to make Nnnnyamiri region a nigeria torist centre... do you know peace in your region from the inception.
no be your fault you soon dey take visa come Lagos state. just wait small

oni kuure
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by clearcrystal: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
EmekaA125:
Lagos is the beauty of one Nigeria as a cosmopolitan city. Imposing Yoruba dominance would be highly resisted by well meaning Nigerians from Igbo and Hausa-Fulani extraction.

Ori e yi
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by AfonjaConehead: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice one...so you can understand and speak their language as their landlords and marry all their beautiful daughters including the king's daughters. grin

Just be good and leave the pepper sellers,Omo alata and omoniAgege for them coneheads grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Plans To Ban 1st Ladies From Using Siren / Abia Gov, Orji, Quits PPA / Why I Believe Growth Is Slower In The Southwest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.