Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language (2881 Views)

Pa Akintola Williams Dies At 104 / I Regained Freedom After 104 Days In Captivity - Sadiq Ango Abdullahi / #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2023
Beremx:
SE governors should do the same in state owned schools. This has nothing to do with being liberal. If you don't know how to speak Yoruba, please learn the language. It will help you a lot
Let it help you have access to Tinubu in Aso Rock first. Mtcheeeew
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Princessstee: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2023
EmekaA125:

Tribalist. Nigeria is beyond Yorubas.

Nigeria starts and ends in SW according to omo ibo grin.

You must think everyone is daft like you people.. Why don't you stop them from teaching it since its omo ibo's 'Nigeria'.

You guys will lead yourselves into serious trouble soon with this your covetous mentality and no 'Nigeria' will come and save you

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by raskymonojendor: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2023
Beremx:
SE governors should do the same in state owned schools. This has nothing to do with being liberal. If you don't know how to speak Yoruba, please learn the language. It will help you a lot
Ironically, my best friend back in Uni was an Emeka from Ibadan. I kid you not, he speaks better Yoruba with an ilu-oke accent.

If we check am now, this particular poster is based in the SE and he likely one of those that have never even crossed the Niger Bridge. They are the one creating discords all over social media.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by BitterTruth01: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Well it’s a state university owned by state government so they have the right to do it .

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Omoluabi16(m): 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Not true. How has universities in Paris, Frankfurt, Moscow e.t.c been attracting foreign students? Even Americans come in regularly to OAU and UI as exchange students to learn Yoruba.
They come specifically to learn the language and those Cubans and Brazilian have a strong Yoruba presence. LASU has a Yoruba department which these foreign guys can easily join, but I don't see why law, medical or other students should compulsory learn Yoruba or any other language for that matter.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Beremx(f): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
LegendHero:

😂

Cool. If I live in the SE region too, it’s probably going to be a very wise decision to learn the Igbo language.

of course! Of course!! But I must confess that Igbo language is difficult to learn. It's a gradual process unlike Yoruba language where you can learn very fast. I started speaking Yoruba language as young as five years old. grin cool

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by spagettiluv: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
EmekaA125:

I have right to live anywhere I want. You too can come over to Igboland and thrive. Nobody is stopping you.
you would have been lying helpless six fit under the ground if you base in any cityvillage in SE,Am sure bullets from ipob terrorist would have shattered your brain.
All thanks to IB city for accommodating refugee like you

1 Like

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by akanke79: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
kingsways:
this is retrogressive

Any university worth the name should be able to accommodate international students ..

A university should be a citadel of learning and excellence not a citadel of animalistic tribalism

In Sweden,International students are offering courses in Swedish language(Svenska).

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
Beremx:
It has been like this for ages but SouthEasterners are not being boisterous about it. Spot the difference.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
spagettiluv:
you would have been lying helpless six fit under the ground if you base in any city in SE,Am sure bullets from ipob terrorist would have shattered your brain.
More Yorubas are in SouthEast than more Igbo in Ibadan, Akure, Oshogbo and the rest. They would have all been dead by now going by ur empty and baseless rhetorics.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by raskymonojendor: 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
Omoluabi16:
They come specifically to learn the language and those Cubans and Brazilian have a strong Yoruba presence. LASU has a Yoruba department which these foreign guys can easily join, but I don't see why law, medical or other students should compulsory learn Yoruba or any other language for that matter.
Anyone not happy with this development can always apply to other schools. It's not by force to apply to LASU (a state university). They can try UNILAG.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Beremx(f): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Ironically, my best friend back in Uni was an Emeka from Ibadan. I kid you not, he speaks better Yoruba with an ilu-oke accent.

If we check am now, this particular poster is based in the SE and he likely one of those that have never even crossed the Niger Bridge. They are the one creating discords all over social media.
you will be shocked he speaks Yoruba too. Forget his rants on nairaland.
Lol there's no day I don't exchange morning greetings or interact with people in Yoruba language. That has been my daily routine 😁😁😁

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by spagettiluv: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
EmekaA125:

More Yorubas are in SouthEast than more Igbo in Ibadan, Akure, Oshogbo and the rest. They would have all been dead by now going by ur empty and baseless rhetorics.
is this a joke ?? grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by LegendHero(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
Beremx:
of course! Of course!! But I must confess that Igbo language is difficult to learn. It's a gradual process unlike Yoruba language where you can learn very fast. I started speaking Yoruba language as young as five years old. grin cool

Wow 5 years don tey be that. Yoruba people region positioning make it hard for Yoruba people to learn other language easily in our numbers.

I’ve never attempted to learn any other Nigerian language. Probably because I personally think I don’t have a use for it. But who knows in the future, maybe I might pick up one.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
raskymonojendor:

You people are the one creating seed of discord with the way ur leaders and lawmakers are going about the Lagos stuff because of tribal quagmire from the last election. It's becoming too bad.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
spagettiluv:
is this a joke ?? grin grin grin
Come to Onitsha, Awka, Enugu and Aba and count ur people. Some are married to Igbo and speak fluent Igbo. Guy, try and travel.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
This move to introduce GNS 104 whatever in UNILAG should be abolished. Not good for Nigeria's diversity. It will make other Nigerians apprehensive of their own country. Let's kill tribalism before it kills us.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
Beremx:
you will be shocked he speaks Yoruba too. Forget his rants on nairaland.
Lol there's no day I don't exchange morning greetings or interact with people in Yoruba language. That has been my daily routine 😁😁😁
You can't impose Yorubas on other Nigerians who are not interested in it. Why lording ur language on others?? You guys are something else.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
Just like Igbos forcing non-Igbos in SouthEast to learn Igbo by all means. Too bad
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Omoluabi16(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Anyone not happy with this development can always apply to other schools. It's not by force to apply to LASU (a state university). They can try UNILAG.
sure thing.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
spagettiluv:
you would have been lying helpless six fit under the ground if you base in any cityvillage in SE,Am sure bullets from ipob terrorist would have shattered your brain.
Delete this comment.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by spagettiluv: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
EmekaA125:

Come to Onitsha, Awka, Enugu and Aba and count ur people. Some are married to Igbo and speak fluent Igbo. Guy, try and travel.
youth corpers,Government officials,private sector’s officials posted to ALAIBO you mean?
who will go to a backward god forsaken land where the indigene are running away in droves.
If a yoruba man says SE is his next destination,He need thorough counseling.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Omoluabi16:
sure thing.
What you do to others is exactly what you hate others to do to you. Continue supporting ethnic bigotry and division. Let me see where it would lead you guys to.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
spagettiluv:
youth corpers,Government officials,private sector’s officials posted to ALAIBO you mean?
who will go to a backward god forsaken land where the indigene are running away in droves.
If a yoruba man says SE is his next destination,He need thorough counseling.
Guess, those trading in agbo, jedi-jedi and tailoring business over decades in Igboland would simply Ignore ur senseless rants and ignorance. Nigeria has 6 regions other than ur enclave.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by EmekaA125(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
Now I know the architect of tribalism and ethnic sentiments in Nigeria. They're all over the thread defending rubbish. No wonder they preferred someone like Tinubu over a sane mind like Obi. Now everybody is suffering the consequences of their stupidity.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by spagettiluv: 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
EmekaA125:

Guess, those trading in agbo, jedi-jedi and tailoring business over decades in Igboland would simply Ignore ur senseless rants and ignorance. Nigeria has 6 regions other than ur enclave.
yes.
But the most preferred region to you villagers is Sw,LAG,IB,OTA,ABK is like Dubai to you.
You should have moved your silly asss back to alaibo rather than wasting away in Ibadan .

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by spagettiluv: 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
EmekaA125:
Now I know the architect of tribalism and ethnic sentiments in Nigeria. They're all over the thread defending rubbish. No wonder they preferred someone like Tinubu over a sane mind like Obi(who don’t knw the full meaning of BVAS). Now everybody is suffering the consequences of their stupidity.
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by tuzle(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
Christistruth00:

If you go to university in Germany China or Russia you will first spend a year learning their Language
that is a general language now. I am not arguing with u but china, Germany or Russia don't speak English. So u have to know germaan language or Chinese to survive in all those places. I believe their are lot of courses that students in university shouldn't do in some particular department because it doesn't really add anything and doing it for one semester won't change anything. That is my take
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by forgiveness: 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
EmekaA125:
This move to introduce GNS 104 whatever in UNILAG should be abolished. Not good for Nigeria's diversity. It will make other Nigerians apprehensive of their own country. Let's kill tribalism before it kills us.

I am an advocate of Nigerians going back to their native language. English is not our mother tongue. Oyinbo forced their language and culture on us but unfortunately we are yet to emancipate ourselves from mental salvery long afer the colonial master left.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by Sharpsharp00123: 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
EmekaA125:
Let it be known that Igbos likewise myself rendered a lone voice against Yoruba ethnic domination and lordship in Lagos.

Other well meaning and patriotic Nigerians must condemn it too.

Every part of Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians irrespective of creed, ethnicity and religious inclination.
what do u have to say about d igbo language made compulsory in south east?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by tuzle(m): 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2023
akanke79:

In Sweden,International students are offering courses in Swedish language(Svenska).
because there official language is swedish
Re: Lagos State University Introduces; GNS 104 - Use Of Yoruba Language by APCNig: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
kingsways:
this is retrogressive

Any university worth the name should be able to accommodate international students ..

A university should be a citadel of learning and excellence not a citadel of animalistic tribalism

Very soon, all flat headed developers will be sent out. We will see what you lazy youth will say then.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Would You Do? If You Are The President Of Nigeria! / Was Hillary Undiplomatic? / Yoruba Have Never Been One -awujale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.