Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police (32379 Views)

Dangote Says His Ex-Girlfriend Tried To Extort $5 Million From Him / "We Are Called Chief Security Officers Only In Name" - Gov. El-rufai (VIDEO) / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by holocron: 2:42am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

Me n my friends have been stopped many times n I realize the only thing those police officers care about is what u do for a living n a proof of it, once u can present these things they will just tell u to find them something

But u see all those yahoo boys, imagine a small boy driving a Benz with his name on it n he doesn’t have any proof to what he does/did to acquire that, then police will extort him cos he’s into shady things

I just laugh when some people talk about police brutality, don’t let us lie to ourselves everyone knows d criminals among us….enter anywhere be it eatery, mall or anywhere n u will b able to recognize youths that are into shady things

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n tattoos police identify them easily n once they know they are guilty then they will have to pay

Before u quote me ask yourself if all these things are lies, even my 7 year old neighbor son can point a yahoo boy on d street by observing his dressing alone

We all know d truth but we take delight in lieing to ourselves

Which work is a secondary school boy from a poor home is doing that is making him use a phone of 400k?

Which work is a university drop out with no job doing to suddenly buy Lexus?

Which work is a university student doing to build hostel in his school?

What work is a jobless person doing to suddenly start flaunting flashy things?

People will turn a blind eye n even tag anyone that tries to question them “ jealous “ “envious “ bad belle n co not knowing they are emboldening criminals

In Nigeria we celebrate the thief n insult the police but when our property gets missing we call on d same police we hate

You must be a police, from the way you are justifying police extortion pesumed yahoo boys. However, Police extorting criminals is also another crime. Two crimes cannot cancel themselves as you may wish.

3 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Bettergoat: 2:45am On Sep 14, 2023
In as much as your line of tought is very valid..You are painting the police as saints who don't misuse their power to press citizens necks... How many Jobs in Nigeria have ID cards... As a provision store owner I can decide to leave dreads ( it's my choice ) my hair style dosen't mean am a criminal... We all can't have the same hair style...

I've also seen police officers on dreads piercing and tattoos... While working undercover.… these piercing and tattoos are not erase able... Are you saying anywhere the officer enters he will tell them he is a police officer so they don't suspect him when he is no in the Job ?

Sha...not having tattoo , peircing ,keeping dreads not exhibiting wealth is not an indication of being upright, reasonable, reliable honest and a good citizen... And Vice versa.

Note I don't have piercings, tattoos or dreads. I barb skin.
Sharpsharp00123:
This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

Me n my friends have been stopped many times n I realize the only thing those police officers care about is what u do for a living n a proof of it, once u can present these things they will just tell u to find them something

But u see all those yahoo boys, imagine a small boy driving a Benz with his name on it n he doesn’t have any proof to what he does/did to acquire that, then police will extort him cos he’s into shady things

I just laugh when some people talk about police brutality, don’t let us lie to ourselves everyone knows d criminals among us….enter anywhere be it eatery, mall or anywhere n u will b able to recognize youths that are into shady things

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n tattoos police identify them easily n once they know they are guilty then they will have to pay

Before u quote me ask yourself if all these things are lies, even my 7 year old neighbor son can point a yahoo boy on d street by observing his dressing alone

Which work is a secondary school boy from a poor home is doing that is making him use a phone of 400k?

People will turn a blind eye n even tag anyone that tries to question them “ jealous “ “envious “ bad belle n co not knowing they are emboldening criminals

In Nigeria we celebrate the thief n insult the police but when our property gets missing we call on d same police we hate

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by kacheezy: 2:50am On Sep 14, 2023
Do they even know that people from other countries are reading this news?

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by mclloyd22: 2:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Big shame to this ugly response

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by rolams(m): 3:08am On Sep 14, 2023
Crazy people everywhere!

3 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Atlantis585: 3:18am On Sep 14, 2023
Useless group of people.

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by rolams(m): 3:22am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

I am ashamed of what you wrote here. It would have made a lot of senses BUT the bolded part that reads " THEY WILL JUST TELL YOU TO FIND THEM SOMETHING" took away everything.

Why must a police officer tell you to find him something when you are both working as a salary earner? Just think about it?

Just tell me why you must find a police officer employed and paid by the government something. Officers in developed countries will never ask you such and if you willingly give, they will tell you they are doing their job!

4 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Mayflowa(m): 3:22am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

You have a very bias thought process. Police who maintains law and order should never extort anyone whether the person is a criminal or not. If you suspect crime, you arrest the person. But then again, a police cannot be prying into a private citizen phone to look for crime. You need to be under investigation with a judge approved warrant to look into an individual phone. When a police extort, that is crime in itself!

Secondly, you cannot condemn anyone by mere look. You need to find evidence of crime before you can decide that someone is a criminal or not.

Thirdly, citizens can be threatened to give out their possession even with a smiling police with a gun. For example, I cannot challenge a gun welding police in Nigeria. I don't want to die by mistaking or provoked action. Many people let go their possessions in the same manner. Even if there is an element of truth in what you think of people, that leaves room for mistakes. The philosophy of justice administration would never allow one person to suffer for a fall swoop name calling. Everyone must be subject to investigation, fair hearing and judge determination of their guilty charges. That is how a country should be run! methodic and just process! Not assumptions as you made.

4 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by SUGARCyprian247: 3:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Soon very soon, you will meet the ones who won't even check your phone or ask you questions, you will be immediately labeled a ritualist or kidnaper and charged 500k to 1M or get thrown into the Hilux to unknown location.

That might be the end of you ( Organ harvest or even worse) Not my wish for you though

You think it's all about yahoo boys?? Lol

This is beyond fraud bro ..

Some NPF men are worse than ISIS or any other territoist organization..

We need a reform .
Sharpsharp00123:
God bless u

Same here

Once they have searched your phone n documents n they see u ain’t illegal they will just humbly tell u to find them something

Me n my guys don dey checkpoint before they free us n later hold some guys well well n those guys were begging

3 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by afrodoc2: 3:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Mad o!
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Jeffyblaq(m): 3:27am On Sep 14, 2023
1x2x3:

So it's legal for police men at check points to collect share of criminal proceeds and then let the criminal go?
Your reasoning is just like the police man that made that reckless statement. If you think he is a fraudster and you have the evidence, why not arrest him and let him be charged to court?

Are you aware it is a crime to knowingly share from proceeds of a crime? Are you aware those Police are now as guilty as the so called fraudster? Be logical and sensible, the system is too decay to the extent you wrote such abominable things in the name of supporting extortion of criminals by the police and letting them go.
Well said,
I wanted to reply him but you just did.

Collecting part of the proceeds of a said fraud is even worse than those who actually did it.

Really, one just need to give a good thought of words to dish out.. Especially, those occupying certain government offices.

Pathetic 😔

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Ameboperoo(m): 3:40am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

You're wrong Sir.
The Okada riders, Keke riders, taxi drivers and produce drivers, traders, even hawkers, that are being extorted nko? I used to buy building materials from Onitsha but had to change to Ibadan because of police extortion. Do you know that a significant reason for increase in cost of food stuff is due to police extortion?
In the motor parks , do you know that drivers contribute daily for police? When I was driving Okada, I can go on and on. It is not hidden, everyone know except if you want to pretend.

6 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Ofunaofu: 3:49am On Sep 14, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I see serious comprehension problems with your post. I think what the spokesperson is simply saying is that you don’t need to pay officers when they stop you. What are you paying for? Is this not how it’s supposed to be?
I drive everyday in Lagos. Which police is going to ask me to pay any money
The police spokesman is very correct here

Oga, can you listen to yourself

Infact, it's seems you are crook cop

Because it's only a criminal minded person that will support the police spokesperson for making justification for the illegal extortion perpetuated by men of the Nigerian police force

So what you are implying is that, if I am being accosted by a police officer on the road and I am unable to explain my source of income the right thing the police officer should do at that point in time is to demand for his or her share of the proceeds of whatever activities I am engaged in.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by jrobbins: 3:49am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

Huh, so if police catches a thief, they're supposed to extort and let the person go continue his stealing?

Are there no courts if you feel you have evidence against the person.

Crooked police. Still defending yourselves on NL

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Pat081: 3:53am On Sep 14, 2023
Your thinking shows that your have nothing in your head what of your people that one idiot who base in overseas is giving order to be killing themselves in the name of sit at home
EmirofAfonjaz:
Can you just Imagine the Thinking or thought process of people that are in positions of authority?

This is the name of the IDIOT "Olumuyiwa Adejobi". That should tell you alot about , how they think.

very Foolish set of people...spits cool

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 14, 2023
What is he even saying? I wonder how Nigeria can eradicate corruption with senseless people like these in power.
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:10am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Imagine a police spokesperson making justification for the illegal extortions perpetrated by men of the Nigerian police force

It's finished

How did we get here

Let me answer your last question bro.

Nigeria didn't just get to this deplorable state all of a sudden, it was a gradual process.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by oladipuposadeeq(m): 4:11am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Imagine a police spokesperson making justification for the illegal extortions perpetrated by men of the Nigerian police force

It's finished

How did we get here

at times when you have a convo with some of these officers, you will wonder how they became an officer, it's that bad.
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:30am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

It's finished

How did we get here He said the right thing. Stop Yahoo and do legit, then his men will stay cool

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:31am On Sep 14, 2023
He said the right thing. Stop Yahoo and do legit, then his men will stay cool
fergie001:
The PRO is not telling the truth!

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by OgaTheTop2: 4:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

It's finished

How did we get here

Something is very wrong with Nigeria as a nation...

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Judgesledge(m): 4:44am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

I've always been made to believe the duty of the police is to investigate and prosecute all forms of criminal activity, and here you are trying so hard to justify their active participation in crimes. They may as well go ahead and extort every type of criminal

3 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Dayvidblue: 4:51am On Sep 14, 2023
[quote author=Sharpsharp00123 post=125777337]This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n

If the text in red above does not represent extortion, I'll love to hear your defination of extortion.
Your are either trying to be mischievious or have really lost it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Juju70(m): 4:55am On Sep 14, 2023
How u are! Na d new 9ja be dis
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Keji1012(m): 5:07am On Sep 14, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
Can you just Imagine the Thinking or thought process of people that are in positions of authority?

This is the name of the IDIOT "Olumuyiwa Adejobi". That should tell you alot about , how they think.

very Foolish set of people...spits cool

Tribal baboon, weldone..
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Cheapgadget(f): 5:19am On Sep 14, 2023
This officer should either be sacked or fired

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by gtassure: 5:22am On Sep 14, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Just incase you be force man,

Here you go:

https://www.nairaland.com/7378003/buharis-look-ezra-olubi-co-founder

E kuku dey Nairaland.
Change your OT boss. There are people who dress differently from what you're used to growing up...who are not criminals.
That is not the normal. Do you see Elon Musk or Mark Z on dread and tattoo?
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by gtassure: 5:30am On Sep 14, 2023
blackgold2018:
im a legit hustler. Allow the law to catch up with them. But Not through that extortion method.

Mr man.. you are just jealous of the yahoo boys. That’s all
You are not legit! If you are legit like you said or you lack understanding of the word 'legit' you will know no decent or normal people will be jealous of criminals! Criminals are likely to be killed or imprisoned. Why would anyone want to be jealous of that kind of life!
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by gtassure: 5:40am On Sep 14, 2023
Blitzerz:
Dem don talk am

Na only military coup fit cure this govt madness
This is another stupid and illiterate boy who doesn't understand what Military coup means. It's because of democracy that you were even extorted or may be taking to court. In military regime, you will be found guilty without trial and face firing squad in the open, degrading your family generations (if you have one) for life! Have you heard of Oyenusi before?

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Greatness09: 5:41am On Sep 14, 2023
With a gun

Jesus Christ!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Vicjnr08: 5:45am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
police will never embarrass u if they checked your phone n everything n they found nothing incriminating on it

Lets tell ourselves d truth, police only insist on collecting something when they know u are illegal

Once they know u ain’t illegal d highest they will do is tell u to give them something
How unreasonable of you to talk that way… whether you do yahoo or not
What right does any civil servant has to check your phone ( your privacy) no be robbing be that? abi phone Don dey possess threat at any checkpoint… we no dey middle east wey we go dey use phone bomb nah Haba shey na him or him papa buy am for you You family abi na your gay boyfriend?? let's be reasonable abeg!!!
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by gtassure: 5:46am On Sep 14, 2023
VaginaAcademic:
Shebi Keke drivers are illegal earners
Keke drivers wey no get driver licence, keke papers, etc. Police is like any Nigerians, if there is an opportunity to take advantage of any situation, Nigerians will take it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Others Set To Storm Abia - Dailypost / Ibrahim Babangida Speaks On 2019 Elections / Oil Price Fall: FG Moves To Use Pension Fund On Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.