Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,705 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police (32382 Views)

Dangote Says His Ex-Girlfriend Tried To Extort $5 Million From Him / "We Are Called Chief Security Officers Only In Name" - Gov. El-rufai (VIDEO) / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by gtassure: 5:49am On Sep 14, 2023
holocron:

You must be a police, from the way you are justifying police extortion pesumed yahoo boys. However, Police extorting criminals is also another crime. Two crimes cannot cancel themselves as you may wish.
They can! Don't do crime if you want peace!
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by onosbaba3310: 5:50am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

Me n my friends have been stopped many times n I realize the only thing those police officers care about is what u do for a living n a proof of it, once u can present these things they will just tell u to find them something

But u see all those yahoo boys, imagine a small boy driving a Benz with his name on it n he doesn’t have any proof to what he does/did to acquire that, then police will extort him cos he’s into shady things

I just laugh when some people talk about police brutality, don’t let us lie to ourselves everyone knows d criminals among us….enter anywhere be it eatery, mall or anywhere n u will b able to recognize youths that are into shady things

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n tattoos police identify them easily n once they know they are guilty then they will have to pay

Before u quote me ask yourself if all these things are lies, even my 7 year old neighbor son can point a yahoo boy on d street by observing his dressing alone

We all know d truth but we take delight in lieing to ourselves

Which work is a secondary school boy from a poor home is doing that is making him use a phone of 400k?

Which work is a university drop out with no job doing to suddenly buy Lexus?

Which work is a university student doing to build hostel in his school?

What work is a jobless person doing to suddenly start flaunting flashy things?

People will turn a blind eye n even tag anyone that tries to question them “ jealous “ “envious “ bad belle n co not knowing they are emboldening criminals

In Nigeria we celebrate the thief n insult the police but when our property gets missing we call on d same police we hate

Bros shut the Bleep up, you have not been stopped by a Nigerian police before for extortion, don't lie to justify what this officer is saying, we know the truth, all these things you are saying is not part of it, same police that kills or imprisoned boys without trials and their families knowing or what?

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Vicjnr08: 5:53am On Sep 14, 2023
gtassure:

They can! Don't do crime if you want peace!
Where's peace in this country tell me?
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by samsard(m): 5:54am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
guy if they are making legit money with evidence then they are good to go but I am telling u no reasonable person with a customer base that cuts across all ages,tribes, religion will want to b on dread n tattoos

If u have a business n u have customers from all works of life u will want to look reasonable n approachable

I have never seen someone on dread that does reasonable business

@ the bolded is the most ridiculous shit I've read today.

3 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by carzeem1: 5:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
tell me d business they are doing with dreads n tattoos that makes them relate with big men

I am not talking about entertainment industry ooo

I dey wait u

Go and cure your ignorance. How you look is a personal decision. The world has moved past profiling people on appearance. That's why in advanced society people look and dress how they feel without any intimidation from law. Also your take on making money is very wrong. There are more than a million ways to make money within the confines of the law and not everyone will stress or suffer in life to make it. Accept that fact

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Percy2023: 5:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Totally agree with you Sir
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by 7arrows: 5:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Imagine a police spokesperson making justification for the illegal extortions perpetrated by men of the Nigerian police force

It's finished

How did we get here

Maybe that was how he got to that position. Anyway what do you expect from a BAT appointee. They are all the same.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Vicjnr08: 5:56am On Sep 14, 2023
onosbaba3310:

Bros shut the Bleep up, you have not been stopped by a Nigerian police before for extortion, don't lie to justify what this officer is saying, we know the truth, all these things you are saying is not part of it, same police that kills or imprisoned boys without trials and their families knowing or what?

No mind am… They are bird of the same feathers
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by fergie001: 5:57am On Sep 14, 2023
TheEnforcer:
Are you a united fan
This kind of Maguire question you are asking me, I don't know how to answer it ooooo grin
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Vicjnr08: 5:58am On Sep 14, 2023
carzeem1:

Go and cure your ignorance. How you look is a personal decision. The world has moved past profiling people on appearance. That's why in advanced society people look and dress how they feel without any intimidation from law. Also your take on making money is very wrong. There are more than a million ways to make money within the confines of the law and not everyone will stress or suffer in life to make it. Accept that fact
See this one… e easy as you talk am so Mr. Million ways to make money within the confine of the law 🤣🤣
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by samsard(m): 5:58am On Sep 14, 2023
phemray:

Very correct, but unfortunately some people from the region that worship money in all Thier life will not agree. They make money by dubious business strategies e.g second shop that does not exist, selling fake items as original. Imagine calling higher and on imaginable prices for items e.g 10k items they first tell you is 50k, and to them this is smartness. It's a pure dishonesty ,fraud and robber.To them Anyhow you must be rich.
Somehow you people must infuse tribalism. Guy shut up. There are Yoruba and Hausa guys who are into cybercrime or money laundering. Make I no talk too much before someone comes to ask me to point to people. You tribalists are insufferable. Everyone loves money.

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by countryman13: 5:59am On Sep 14, 2023
treesun:

https://guardian.ng/news/officers-only-extort-young-nigerians-with-ingenuine-means-of-income-police/
Mr Muyiwa ds Ur talk simply shows U are not bn sincere wt Ur yourself and to Nigerians! How many times have u try to find out what is happening on our highways as the Force image maker practically? One of these your boys threatened to shoot me in d year 2014 along Okene/Kabba Rd just because i put horsewhip on my dashboard. My saving grace then was because i know a senior officer(CP) @d Force HQ who through phone call instructed him to free me. Just imagine God wasn't on my side dt day or d man didn't pick my call? Am not disputing the fact that there are good ones among them but i prefer to be stopped by an armed robbers on the road than bn stopped by your boys.

3 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by lanocfoods: 6:02am On Sep 14, 2023
NwaNimo1:
Olumuyiwa Adejobi......

A.nother

P.athetic

C.rook

enuf said

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by owem19(m): 6:04am On Sep 14, 2023
See wetin joblessness dey cause
Sharpsharp00123:
This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

Me n my friends have been stopped many times n I realize the only thing those police officers care about is what u do for a living n a proof of it, once u can present these things they will just tell u to find them something

But u see all those yahoo boys, imagine a small boy driving a Benz with his name on it n he doesn’t have any proof to what he does/did to acquire that, then police will extort him cos he’s into shady things

I just laugh when some people talk about police brutality, don’t let us lie to ourselves everyone knows d criminals among us….enter anywhere be it eatery, mall or anywhere n u will b able to recognize youths that are into shady things

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n tattoos police identify them easily n once they know they are guilty then they will have to pay

Before u quote me ask yourself if all these things are lies, even my 7 year old neighbor son can point a yahoo boy on d street by observing his dressing alone

Which work is a secondary school boy from a poor home is doing that is making him use a phone of 400k?

People will turn a blind eye n even tag anyone that tries to question them “ jealous “ “envious “ bad belle n co not knowing they are emboldening criminals

In Nigeria we celebrate the thief n insult the police but when our property gets missing we call on d same police we hate

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by descarado: 6:05am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

This post is filled with envy and make no sense.
Police is mandated by the law never to extort anybody. It is illegal. If the police is suspicious about somebody's means of income, take the person to court.

People like you are why Nigeria is the way it is.

5 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by byteem: 6:16am On Sep 14, 2023
Beremx:
I am ashamed on behalf of Olumuyiwa Adejobi. WTF!!
Nothing Nigeria police can do to impress me. Lai Lai!!

"Folds arms in shock"

Dont be shocked . The thought process of these guys and their mindset will make u quiver in disgust at how ignorant they can be an officer once told said all Nigerians are criminals and the ones walking free are the ones they have decided not to.carch yet .

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by rumenase(m): 6:16am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

wow just wow anyway may the brutality of the Nigerian police happen to you and your family

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Chucks13: 6:17am On Sep 14, 2023
So police have right to exhort citizen ba? So you are given police the licence to be harrassing the public? Is police now the court to determine who is involve in legitimate income ba?

The officer that made the statement should be suspended with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by byteem: 6:17am On Sep 14, 2023
Chucks13:
So police have right to exhort citizen ba? So you are given police the licence to be harrassing the public? Is police now the court to determine who is involve in legitimate income ba?

The officer that made the statement should be suspended with immediate effect.

If you dont like it go to court with ur evidence
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by doggedfighter(f): 6:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

All these you listed are why police should extort or justifies police extorting them?

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Chucks13: 6:27am On Sep 14, 2023
byteem:

If you dont like it go to court with ur evidence

Alright.....

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by blackgold2018(m): 6:27am On Sep 14, 2023
Starzo:

No 'legit' hustler accuses others of being 'jealous of yahoo boys'

You're most definitely a Yahoo boy
no I’m not sincerely. Go read the comment on the one I quoted.

He wrote an episode lamenting in pains on other peoples personal life
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by blackgold2018(m): 6:28am On Sep 14, 2023
gtassure:

You are not legit! If you are legit like you said or you lack understanding of the word 'legit' you will know no decent or normal people will be jealous of criminals! Criminals are likely to be killed or imprisoned. Why would anyone want to be jealous of that kind of life!
no I’m not sincerely. Go read the comment on the one I quoted.

He wrote an episode lamenting in pains on other peoples personal life
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by carzeem1: 6:28am On Sep 14, 2023
Vicjnr08:

See this one… e easy as you talk am so Mr. Million ways to make money within the confine of the law 🤣🤣

I don't mean it literally. Only telling you so many ways people earn a living without breaking the law and some of it are easy money. Could be sport, entertainment etc

A rogue law enforcement can't by himself decide which is legit or not without lawful investigation.

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Fearyourcreator: 6:32am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

See as I dey look most of them up there ... Naso many of us be in this country ... We mostly don't like to hear the truth... Almost every family has a Yahoo boy or Yahoo boy girlfriend... What do you expect... They will see as bad belle ... Several times sars don pack for my side severally... Nothing happened... These guys knows these Yahoo boys or people into shady stuffs .. they know ... No be this same country wey we dey ... How you no go know Yahoo boy
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by BrokenCondom: 6:32am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

God bless you
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by OsasMorrison: 6:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Mad officers everywhere. Imagine statement. Treat them the way your treat politicians too. because I'm sure even the politicians cant defend their source of wealth too.

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by crackhouse(m): 6:41am On Sep 14, 2023
What this man said is that u are not supposed to pay an officer or allow an officer extort u. People that do such only do that to escape the wrath of the law when they know that their source of income is not genuine..
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Zukalistic: 6:42am On Sep 14, 2023
End police will soon start
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by UnimkeAk(m): 6:49am On Sep 14, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
Can you just Imagine the Thinking or thought process of people that are in positions of authority?

This is the name of the IDIOT "Olumuyiwa Adejobi". That should tell you alot about , how they think.

very Foolish set of people...spits cool

Yes oo the all the killings by sars and extortion only happens in the SW, the police in the SE are so professional... Unam ikot
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Etyfy: 6:51am On Sep 14, 2023
NPF= Currupt
Judiciary= Currupt
Government= Currupt
National Assembly= Currupt
Nigeria Army= Currupt

What is left that can be called a Country?

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Unrated900(m): 6:56am On Sep 14, 2023
I do not know how I got go this country instead

quote author=Ofunaofu post=125775870]Imagine a police spokesperson making justification for the illegal extortions perpetrated by men of the Nigerian police force

It's finished

How did we get here

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kaduna Removes Friday As A Working Day To Enable Workers Do Other Things / Which State In Nigeria Is Faster To Get Your Nigerian Passport / Atiku Unveils 10 Purported Lies Of Tinubu’s Administration In 117 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.