Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police (32457 Views)

Dangote Says His Ex-Girlfriend Tried To Extort $5 Million From Him / "We Are Called Chief Security Officers Only In Name" - Gov. El-rufai (VIDEO) / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Caleb15(m): 6:58am On Sep 14, 2023
One small boy bought a jet
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by poiZon: 6:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Imagine a police spokesperson making justification for the illegal extortions perpetrated by men of the Nigerian police force

It's finished

How did we get here

Via APC

Sai Baba

Change...
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by HOSTCOM(m): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

Me n my friends have been stopped many times n I realize the only thing those police officers care about is what u do for a living n a proof of it, once u can present these things they will just tell u to find them something

But u see all those yahoo boys, imagine a small boy driving a Benz with his name on it n he doesn’t have any proof to what he does/did to acquire that, then police will extort him cos he’s into shady things

I just laugh when some people talk about police brutality, don’t let us lie to ourselves everyone knows d criminals among us….enter anywhere be it eatery, mall or anywhere n u will b able to recognize youths that are into shady things

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n tattoos police identify them easily n once they know they are guilty then they will have to pay

Before u quote me ask yourself if all these things are lies, even my 7 year old neighbor son can point a yahoo boy on d street by observing his dressing alone

We all know d truth but we take delight in lieing to ourselves

Which work is a secondary school boy from a poor home is doing that is making him use a phone of 400k?

Which work is a university drop out with no job doing to suddenly buy Lexus?

Which work is a university student doing to build hostel in his school?

What work is a jobless person doing to suddenly start flaunting flashy things?

People will turn a blind eye n even tag anyone that tries to question them “ jealous “ “envious “ bad belle n co not knowing they are emboldening criminals

In Nigeria we celebrate the thief n insult the police but when our property gets missing we call on d same police we hate
You one of the sane people have read his comment so far. How come no one is seeing it from your point of view? If one did is not involved in shady deal, one don't have any reason to be afraid now.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Mrkc: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2023
SonofGod231:
Truth...I drive a 2014 model car. I've never paid any police or officer on the road.
How old are you?
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by hunterden: 7:04am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123 lol .truth is bitter.i knew you won't get many likes...I don't know why we Nigerians cry foul when the odds are against us..its simple.you are a criminal and you get robbed my a criminal..

post=125777337:

This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

Me n my friends have been stopped many times n I realize the only thing those police officers care about is what u do for a living n a proof of it, once u can present these things they will just tell u to find them something

But u see all those yahoo boys, imagine a small boy driving a Benz with his name on it n he doesn’t have any proof to what he does/did to acquire that, then police will extort him cos he’s into shady things

I just laugh when some people talk about police brutality, don’t let us lie to ourselves everyone knows d criminals among us….enter anywhere be it eatery, mall or anywhere n u will b able to recognize youths that are into shady things

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n tattoos police identify them easily n once they know they are guilty then they will have to pay

Before u quote me ask yourself if all these things are lies, even my 7 year old neighbor son can point a yahoo boy on d street by observing his dressing alone

Which work is a secondary school boy from a poor home is doing that is making him use a phone of 400k?

People will turn a blind eye n even tag anyone that tries to question them “ jealous “ “envious “ bad belle n co not knowing they are emboldening criminals

In Nigeria we celebrate the thief n insult the police but when our property gets missing we call on d same police we hate
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Basmec(m): 7:04am On Sep 14, 2023
Dem supposed jail this idiot for justifying crime. Extortion itself is a criminal offence.

Who is more criminal then? The so called young Nigerians abi the extortionist?

If you don't know the answer then I'll tell you.

It's the extortionist.

So, Policemen are more criminal than those that stage crime as business

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Hanndye: 7:12am On Sep 14, 2023
To check-mate corrupt officers, giving of bribes to the police should not be illegal but taking it should. This would give the giver the avenue to report the taker. As the giving and taking are both crimes, nobody makes reports. Let's make senseble laws, favourable to the citinzery, not laws that unduly punish the innocents and aid corrupt officers.
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Gee64: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2023
Cry, my beloved country!

It is finished!
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by jojothaiv(m): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Imagine a police spokesperson making justification for the illegal extortions perpetrated by men of the Nigerian police force

It's finished

How did we get here

Not that I'm applauding the man for his speech however he's saying the truth and the powers that be in the NPF are fully aware of the extortion going on.

Nigeria is exhausting.
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by maasoap(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
Can you just Imagine the Thinking or thought process of people that are in positions of authority?

This is the name of the IDIOT "Olumuyiwa Adejobi". That should tell you alot about , how they think.

very Foolish set of people...spits cool

Now, it has become tribal thing for you, lol. You do know many of your people who justify IPOB criminality, right?
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by maasoap(m): 7:40am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

HOSTCOM:
You one of the sane people have read his comment so far. How come no one is seeing it from your point of view? If one did is not involved in shady deal, one don't have any reason to be afraid now.

I wanted to react the same way you guys did after reading the policeman's reaction but I realised that he made mistake by saying that even if he's correct. Response like that would have definitely led him to his voluntary resignation in some other countries. grin grin grin
As true as what he said might have been, it shouldn't have come from him. The public anywhere in the world would see it as justification for extortion and giving more boldness to his officers since this kind of statement came from their Oga. It is wrong, totally wrong!
Many people have been killed by Nigeria police for refusing to "cooperate", your friend was lucky. You or I might not be if we refuse to give them something just because we know that we don't involve in illegitimate activity.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Exceed15: 7:47am On Sep 14, 2023
Hmm now I understand the audacity policemen have to extort money.
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Israel07: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2023
Police officers are criminals, all of them. I have no respect for them and anything that looks like them.
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by chuksoyo21(m): 7:50am On Sep 14, 2023
This is now a probable cause for exploiting the people you are supposed to protect.
Two wrongs is now a right in Nigeria.

Another justification for criminality adduced/advanced by a known criminal enterprise....
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by FirmTR(m): 7:50am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Oga keep quiet

I repeat police knows d criminals

They have stopped me many times n I don’t give them a dime, once u are a young boy with car n u can present your ID card , proof of what u do police will never embarrass u

I have never been embarrassed before n I take my phone anywhere I go

A case happened at access bank someday, police were outside d bank doing stop n search I didn’t even know till I was about to go out of d bank n some boys told me police are outside cos they themselves have been waiting for d police to leave

I told them I am not a yahoo boy, I went out they searched me n left me but those boys couldn’t come out

Guy police know who dem dey find, if u b legal police no fit extort u

I stand on my word
Sense far from you, honestly..
I pray make Nigerian police happen to you one day, then you go get sense.. Idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Israel07: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2023
Normally, in a sane clime this statement alone is enough to make him quit his job or we force him to resign but if I talk they want to know where I'm from first then justify this rubbish based on my ethnicity. Yelloba agbado miscreants are all criminals, all of them just like their chief master

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by oyeraff: 7:55am On Sep 14, 2023
It is a big shame on this police spoke person and Nigerian police, what of the commercial drivers and keke riders, are you saying they are not genuine business?
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Oga, can you listen to yourself

Infact, it's seems you are crook cop

Because it's only a criminal minded person that will support the police spokesperson for making justification for the illegal extortion perpetuated by men of the Nigerian police force

So what you are implying is that, if I am being accosted by a police officer on the road and I am unable to explain my source of income the right thing the police officer should do at that point in time is to demand for his or her share of the proceeds of whatever activities I am engaged in.

Seriu comprehension problem yet again!
1, why shouldn’t a person be able to explain a genuine source of income?
2, The point is the spokesman is making here is that, you shouldn’t give them money no matter what! Simply tell them to take to their office!
DO NOT PART WITH YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Ofunaofu: 8:07am On Sep 14, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Seriu comprehension problem yet again!
1, why shouldn’t a person be able to explain a genuine source of income?
2, The point is the spokesman is making here is that, you shouldn’t give them money no matter what! Simply tell them to take to their office!
DO NOT PART WITH YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!

Like I stated earlier, you are a crook

This got absolutely nothing to do with comprehension

The police spokesperson goofed

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by emperor4love(m): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

how many yahoo boy or drug niggaz been stopped in Yankee nd got extorted ,wat happen to extortion, politician how many times dey are been stopped ,law favor de rich here

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Erukulele(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2023
I agree with him that when your hustle is legit you won't allow anyone to extort you of your hard earned money. What will make a young man start panting or running on citing security agents?. I have seen young people challenging officers of stepping on their rights with confidence, come clean and your voice will be heard.
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by teegrams(m): 8:17am On Sep 14, 2023
It shall be well with you ! You spoke well
Sharpsharp00123:

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Allisgud: 8:18am On Sep 14, 2023
That means the officers are also getting their income illegally

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Apili: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2023
Las Las even police na fraudster 🤣🤣🤣🤣👽

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Advancedman(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:

It's finished

How did we get here

It's a shame that this man is a Yoruba man I have never hear him say anything in a 1000 yard near fair.
No wonder I can't relate or connect with him.
My ever great spoke person @NPF is still and will always until another break his record which I doubt, is non other than Emeritus Frank Mba.
God bless him always and ever.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by nomolos92: 8:23am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

And the solution to the crimes is extortion?

Where's your sense

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Bestunclejoe(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
“I guess they are birds of the same feather. If you are genuine, you earn your income from your eork place, legit money, I dont think you would allow someone or some people to rob you of it. No way. My take.”

Oga Muyiwa, why will you say a thing like this? Do you know how many innocent people your guys have sent to the grave because of their money?

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by ruggedtimi(m): 8:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

boss yes most yahoo boys dress in a similar style. On the internet there are legit means youths are earning money. Dressing is not enough reason to tag someone an internet fraudster for the police to threaten and extort. Your reasoning no sharp at all.

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by ruggedtimi(m): 8:58am On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
Correction: Men of the Nigeria Police Force only extort Nigerians who don't know their right. 👌
hahaha,u never jam SARS for the zero zero hour. Then make dem light matter for ur head, you go tell them ur right

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by ruggedtimi(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Oga keep quiet

I repeat police knows d criminals

They have stopped me many times n I don’t give them a dime, once u are a young boy with car n u can present your ID card , proof of what u do police will never embarrass u

I have never been embarrassed before n I take my phone anywhere I go

A case happened at access bank someday, police were outside d bank doing stop n search I didn’t even know till I was about to go out of d bank n some boys told me police are outside cos they themselves have been waiting for d police to leave

I told them I am not a yahoo boy, I went out they searched me n left me but those boys couldn’t come out

Guy police know who dem dey find, if u b legal police no fit extort u

I stand on my word
which state u dey?
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by ruggedtimi(m): 9:00am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
guy if they are making legit money with evidence then they are good to go but I am telling u no reasonable person with a customer base that cuts across all ages,tribes, religion will want to b on dread n tattoos

If u have a business n u have customers from all works of life u will want to look reasonable n approachable

I have never seen someone on dread that does reasonable business

uti na yahoo boy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

March 28 Poll: Survey Rates Jonathan Ahead Of Buhari / Buhari: Those Who Thought I Was Dead Begged Osinbajo To Make Them His VP / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits President Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.