Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again (21618 Views)

Electricity Grid Collapses Again / Gas Shortage: Blackout Looms Nationwide As Gencos Cut Generation / Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike, Blackout Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by chokekachy: 6:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Nigeria has again been thrown into darkness after the national grid system, operated by the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) from Osogbo in Osun State collapsed.

A check by The Guardian in the early hour of today showed that the grid plummeted to a meagre 273 megawatts of electricity coming from two out of the over 27 electricity generation.

This comes barely a week after TCN, rolled out the drum to celebrate a questionable 400 days of grid stability.

A number of Distribution Companies confirmed to The Guardian that the grid went down at 00:41 AM, disclosing that most of their feeders are out.

As of 4:00 a.m. on Thursday, five generating plants were on the grid. Afam VI had 0.70MW, Dadinkowa was generating 0.00MW, Ibom Power had 32.90MW, Jebba had 240MW and Olorunsogo was on the grid with zero generation.

At about 1AM midnight, the total power on the grid was 35MW, indicating that the country experienced a total collapse.

The grid went to 193MW at about 3AM before climbing to 273MW when this report was filed.

The TCN has not responded to inquiries by our correspondent about the development.

https://guardian.ng/breakingnews/nationwide-blackout-as-nigerias-electricity-grid-collapses-again/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1694671011

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by ojun50(m): 7:02am On Sep 14, 2023
Them don start again

30 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by money121(m): 7:05am On Sep 14, 2023
NEPA LIGHT DEY MY AREA OOO tongue

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by CaptainAyub: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2023
Chaii.
And I go off freezer since ystdy 😢

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by Racoon(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2023
Same country! Same recurrent problems! Same cycle of failed leadership

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by VictorIfe(m): 7:10am On Sep 14, 2023
money121:
NEPA LIGHT DEY MY AREA OOO tongue

location sir?

17 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by happney65: 7:11am On Sep 14, 2023
Can't remember the last time I had power even before this so called collapse sef.

When he no collapse,I no get light,na when he collapse I go come get light?

We just pay for non availability of power.

They can go fvck themselves jare . grin grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by Blackdeewhy(m): 7:11am On Sep 14, 2023
Nigeria when?
Just when
Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by Alchemy528: 7:14am On Sep 14, 2023
embarassed
Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by money121(m): 7:14am On Sep 14, 2023
VictorIfe:

location sir?
Lagos
Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by vyncentino(m): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2023
The next is the two tribe will begin insulting them self,I have always maintain Nigeria is not working not because of apc or pdp,Nigerians is the problem,if we go by the way some of you are insulting tinubu,they should just give you local government chair man,some of you the money you have if they check you do most of the money are illicit money,check tell your self the truth,if you were president tinubu will you hand over power to obi,with your character now,which right you now have to criticize tinubu,abeg leave am alone,if I rate most Nigeria character,you hate to be a Nigeria,and they are the ones that, criticize the most,how things should be done, that is Nigeria for you,the same apc government today,was the ones criticizing PDP yesterday,they have the power now,Nigeria is a mess

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by jojothaiv(m): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2023
We've even experience the first phase, let get ready for the second one.

And we have been in black out since last week Thursday, it was yesterday that the electricity board said let there be light before we had a semblance of light at the end of the tunnel.

3 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by tunwumi: 7:22am On Sep 14, 2023
Ha
Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by Eagle360(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2023
Sell this country and give everybody his/her shares.

7 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by accordadoga29(f): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2023
Nawa oo.

No wonder light dey somehow this early morning

4 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by MrBONE2(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2023
ojun50:
Them don start again

cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2023
Thank God no be human being collapse

3 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by occfx: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2023

8 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by UselessBuharist: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Is the national grid suffering from epilepsy? Always collapsing

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by gentposh: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2023
I don't think my street is part of this grid.... We no get light now for two years

23 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by Brushstrokes20: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Shyyythole reloaded 😕

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by money121(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Eagle360:
Sell this country and give everybody his/her shares.

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by iamtardey: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Dem don start … Dear God, dakun take me away from this place to a better better place abeg abeg

9 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by olatade(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Grid collapse or not, it doesn’t make any difference, virtually everyday the situation remains the same; power failure every now and then

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by inoki247: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Light dey...

I guess my area grid is different from this one....

3 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by sotall(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2023
cool
Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by Dennisochampa: 7:26am On Sep 14, 2023
I know say the way the light take off yesterday no ordinary....
I be think say na transformer blow as usual...
Not knowing say na nation wide...

Which day we go sleep this country with light... Wake up with light, leave am go work... Come back come meet am

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by Chibuzoc(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy zoo of a country. We have identified many animals in human form and we advice real human to separate themselves from this animals in the zoo

2 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again by Angelfrost(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2023
CaptainAyub:
Chaii.
And I go off freezer since ystdy 😢

Who does that in Naija?!! grin

Even if you have steady light, never take such chances...!

Electricity in Nigeria fit off without reason... In a blink of an eye.

I remember how a foreign client of mine couldn't understand what I meant by Power outage... He was wondering if there was a hurricane, earthquake or tsunami. embarassed undecided

Naija matter dey shame person abeg... Imagine the nonsense we still hear coupled with all the sufferings already on ground.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Warns Against Another Civil War / NDLEA Vows To Continue Siege On Kashamu’s House / Aisha Wakil: I Stopped The Bombing A Church On Christmas Eve — Mama Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.