Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens (15498 Views)

Naira Scarcity Worsens As Banks Limit Withdrawals, ATMs Run Dry / Naira Weakens To 917 Per Dollar - Bloomberg / Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Agricmoney(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2023
Hmmm

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Chetas81(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2023
ogododo:
Dollar dey near N1000, where All dose noise makers.
ONLY MODERN DAY SLAVE ABANDONED THEIR CURRENCY, FOR ANOTHER COUNTRY CURRENCY, INSTEAD OF NIGERIAN CITIZEN CRYING ABOUT UPCOMING CIVIL UNREST, THEY LAUGH AWAY THEIR SORROW

3 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by PJtech: 8:35am On Sep 14, 2023
Omo

Things are getting out of hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by compu(m): 8:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Economist, in the House can you please give us in plain language not Grammer, what are the actual causes of this fall in Naira against the dollar.

So that we can learn and Individually, we can find solutions to it starting from the grassroot, because I don't think the people we have put in there have settled down enough to see the adverse effects of this issue...

We largely depend on imported things, manufacturing is going down. Electricity is epileptic, unemployment is on a record high( thanks to buhari government), foreign industry are pulling out...we need to tackle this issues from the grassroot.

Economist in the house in plain terms ...we love to hear from you. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by LockDown69(m): 8:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Renewed Hope grin
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Jcomtrader: 8:37am On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:
Let it continue. My fiverr earnings plus my crypto daily trade de give me joy. I make 10$ daily in trading and that is just about 10k just lying on my bed.

My optometry practice license expired and I no even know because I studied optometry for 6 years and I have never thought about using it to find a job and I don't know if I ever will.

10 dollar lol
Is that money
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Grace001: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2023
Chai 1k dollar is 950k naira

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Streetdoctor: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2023
ajimo54:

Why are you all looking for dollars? Hen? Stay in your country! Produce and eat ur produce! No one will look for dollars! Why is Pound or Dollar Not falling for Naira? because nobody is looking for your Naira. It is not needed! Africans quit evil. Bandits, Boko boys, repent! Let our farmers work! Police and Army pls do ur work! Politicians be good! Stop nonsense! Only this can make Nigeria and Africa great!
West Agbado really need dis ur sermon sir. Tell dem to stop disturbing us with their begging attitude

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by just2endowed: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Kill corruption or it kills the project called One-Nigeria.
Bandits just sacked communities in Taraba. All these kind of things drive down productive hours and thus production. That means more dependence on import and demand for scarce dollar. There are no chess like approach or steps to fixing economy. It answers to production of neccessities.

Unfortunately, Buhari and the present government are not seeing this. He went to UAE and promised them he will make dollar available for them
He went to float the naira knowing well that before we can float currency like the Japanese yen, local production is the key.
He knows thst we are still dependent on fuel import and dangote had not started production. We are toast

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by CodeTemplar: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2023
ajimo54:

Why are you all looking for dollars? Hen? Stay in your country! Produce and eat ur produce! No one will look for dollars! Why is Pound or Dollar Not falling for Naira? because nobody is looking for your Naira. It is not needed! Africans quit evil. Bandits, Boko boys, repent! Let our farmers work! Police and Army pls do ur work! Politicians be good! Stop nonsense! Only this can make Nigeria and Africa great!
bandits just sacked Taraba communities minding their production business. That shortfall in production will have to be met with imports or there will be lack and hunger.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Godsonkemz(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2023
If Tinubu don't crush the economy to pieces, he wouldn't rest.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Hanndye: 8:47am On Sep 14, 2023
Ozommadu:
This jobless fuuul above has booked space to spill garbage and tell you to give Ebola more 6months.

Useless evil govt defenders, yarimo helinues seunmsg and Co will vies this thread and run away...I've told them that propaganda does not run a government successfully.
Na dem dey give leverage to wicked governance.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Winnin009: 8:48am On Sep 14, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:
The Snake-Man 3-point agenda is to Steal, to Kill and to Destroy.
Brace for the Great Tinubulation.

Ouroboros!
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Brushstrokes20: 8:49am On Sep 14, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! undecided
# shyyythole on a free fall
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by 8stargeneral: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2023
One of tinubus achievement in two months grin

En done happen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by SirLakes: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2023
Ronu people how fa grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by SeriouslySense(m): 8:51am On Sep 14, 2023
Food is ready.

The ouroboros or uroboros (/ˌjʊərəˈbɒrəs/[2]) is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon[3] eating its own tail. The ouroboros entered Western tradition via ancient Egyptian iconography and the Greek magical tradition. It was adopted as a symbol in Gnosticism and Hermeticism and most notably in alchemy.

Some snakes, such as rat snakes, have been known to consume themselves. One captive snake attempted to consume itself twice, dying in the second attempt. Another wild rat snake was found having swallowed about two-thirds of its body.
Winnin009:

Ouroboros!
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Neddstark: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2023
People be careful when supporting Tinubu ooo. Make them no use you collect better beating next time protest go happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by obinna58(m): 8:53am On Sep 14, 2023
compu:
Economist, in the House can you please give us in plain language not Grammer, what are the actual causes of this fall in Naira against the dollar.

So that we can learn and Individually, we can find solutions to it starting from the grassroot, because I don't think the people we have put in there have settled down enough to see the adverse effects of this issue...

We largely depend on imported things, manufacturing is going down. Electricity is epileptic, unemployment is on a record high( thanks to buhari government), foreign industry are pulling out...we need to tackle this issues from the grassroot.

Naira valueless means you’re always wanting but have nothing to give

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Hanndye: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
Do your brainstorming but don't let your head bust, Mr. 'DJ'.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Ade1177: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:
Let it continue. My fiverr earnings plus my crypto daily trade de give me joy. I make 10$ daily in trading and that is just about 10k just lying on my bed.

My optometry practice license expired and I no even know because I studied optometry for 6 years and I have never thought about using it to find a job and I don't know if I ever will.

Omo
Let me learn from you

Even if na $2 per day

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by MrsTwrite(f): 8:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Stoopid country.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by SemperFid: 8:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Jcomtrader:

10 dollar lol
Is that money

No it's not. Its just paper. According to a useless bastard in a country where 3x10$ is the minimum wage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Cantonese: 8:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Let’s hope for better.

APC has no business with governance however. First it must be security, then food, then investments. They get it all wrong with their big big grammar.

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Brushstrokes20: 8:57am On Sep 14, 2023
eBOLA on rampage 👀👀👏👏😃😄😂😜😀
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Pooly: 9:02am On Sep 14, 2023
jagaban till 8years!
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2023
We need a REVOLUTION!

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by delpee(f): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2023
The reasons are obvious...the japa syndrome, school fees for foreign schools, heavy loan repayments for foreign loans, low productive activity that can generate forex, poor management of our mining sector etc

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by jaxxy(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2023
artificial liquidity measures and interventions won't solve the exchange rate problem.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ceejay80s(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2023
ogododo:
Dollar dey near N1000, where All dose noise makers.
Some people prediction was December but dollar go enter 1k/$ by October ...my own prediction
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Emola12(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
tinubu die hand fan no comment today abi? Awon oloriburuku eda eyan jatijati oshi alaini lakaye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ceejay80s(m): 9:08am On Sep 14, 2023
compu:

There's nothing to learn,
We don't produce any thing...
Even our crude oil that is supposed to be refined here and sold out is been refined out and sold at inflated price here,
We have nothing to offer

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Start A Computer Business Center In Nigeria {tips} / Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High / Emeka Offor Bags Doctorate Degree In UNIZIK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.