Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens (15491 Views)

Naira Scarcity Worsens As Banks Limit Withdrawals, ATMs Run Dry / Naira Weakens To 917 Per Dollar - Bloomberg / Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Donaldoni: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2023
Jcomtrader:

10 dollar lol
Is that money

In Nigeria? yes! cheesy Abroad? no! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ceejay80s(m): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2023
Hendrixky:
There was a country

If you have money please just relocate anywhere

The problem of Nigeria is bigger than us

Tribalism, corruption, religion fanatics and too much sentiments
The worse of it all is the tribalism
Eight years of Buhari-tinubu administration actually taught us enough lessons but due to tribalism south west repeated it again

If you have money just leave this country...a revolution is the only thing needed to format the brain of the masses
Abokis no go green revolt
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Rayjnr: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2023
Most of our imports are from china, so what happens to the currency swap between we and china?,
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by gentlesmithugo(m): 9:12am On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:

No it's not. Its just paper. According to a useless bastard in a country where 3x10$ is the minimum wage.
bro pls can u teach me.am just a novice here pls
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Rayjnr: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2023
Exceed15:
Where are the Tinubu's supporters to defend this?

No political will to repair this country, what happens to currency swap between we and china
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by uncleu01: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:
Let it continue. My fiverr earnings plus my crypto daily trade de give me joy. I make 10$ daily in trading and that is just about 10k just lying on my bed.

My optometry practice license expired and I no even know because I studied optometry for 6 years and I have never thought about using it to find a job and I don't know if I ever will.

How do u go about it
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by uncleu01: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:
Let it continue. My fiverr earnings plus my crypto daily trade de give me joy. I make 10$ daily in trading and that is just about 10k just lying on my bed.

My optometry practice license expired and I no even know because I studied optometry for 6 years and I have never thought about using it to find a job and I don't know if I ever will.

How do u go about this
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by longview007: 9:18am On Sep 14, 2023
PUNCH:
NNPCL on wednesday 17th August 2023, announced that it had secured a $3bn emergency crude oil repayment loan from the African Export-Import Bank.

It said the loan would be used by the oil company to support the FG in *STABILIZING NIGERIA'S EXCHANGE RATE* and also help in reducing the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit, popularly called petrol.

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by famology(m): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2023
Na to begin plan to earn in hard currencies now ooo
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by freedomchild: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:

please give me update guy
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Sheriman(m): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:

What are you saying man?? Don't you know you will still use the money to buy expensive things at the market

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Bigkoko: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Get ready for the worse..... 1USD going to 1200NGN before December grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin! Economy no be turn by turn ohhh! Na by to be prudent & fiscally responsible. Bola Ahmed Tinubu doesnt have this qualification.

What Nigeria needs at this point to get her out of the hole is a prudent, incorruptible & fiscally responsible man like HE Peter Obi, or at least HE Atiku.

Why HE Peter Obi?
He is known for his no shishi policy. You work or have an enterprise to get wealth or money, not padi padi nonsense other politicians usually do! Imagine our dear yoruban brothers from Ibadan were fighting and stealing rice from a moving truck but this here fellow Asiwaju was busy doling out cash to law makers & judiciary, who are already secured in their employment!

Shaaa...una go get sense one day!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by lomprico(m): 9:27am On Sep 14, 2023
Na just chinkini remain e go boom 1k.

Buhari wasn't this bad I swear.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Bigkoko: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2023
If you are travelling from Nigeria to other African Countries, i advise you ditch gathering your money in USD. Use Bigkoko Gift Cards instead. Help the Naira!

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Greatlee54: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2023
It is finished
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by abdulimussa: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2023
Peter Obi and the Igbos making sure that the economy will not grow.

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Minatouchiha(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2023
I thought you guys said it gained N4 yesterday to halt at 740? Why so much lies in this government?

4 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by FireUpNow(m): 9:34am On Sep 14, 2023
The book keeper from dagbo CSU is using his magic wand . Oya 🌽🌽 enjoyment had come to you all. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 14, 2023
CBN wth others are deliberately hoarding the dollars for selfish gain.The dollar is not scarce.It is hoarded.

Minatouchiha:
I thought you guys said it gained N4 yesterday to halt at 740? Why so much lies in this government?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 14, 2023
lomprico:

The floating of the Naira policy of tinubu'is making the CBN,bureau de change and other forex exchange businesses to deliberately hoard the dollar in other for the exchange to increase.
If you go to Airport,Alade market and other bureau de change businesses,tourists and Nigerians who come into the country from abroad are changing their dollars into Naira on a daily basis.Tinubu is telling a big lie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ThiefnubuBandit: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2023
ajimo54:

Why are you all looking for dollars? Hen? Stay in your country! Produce and eat ur produce! No one will look for dollars! Why is Pound or Dollar Not falling for Naira? because nobody is looking for your Naira. It is not needed! Africans quit evil. Bandits, Boko boys, repent! Let our farmers work! Police and Army pls do ur work! Politicians be good! Stop nonsense! Only this can make Nigeria and Africa great!

Another gullible ignoramus spotted.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by TemmyT002(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2023
What if these people are doing these things deliberately to give them more spending power.
If $1 is equal to 1000 naira, they will be able to spend and buy whatever they want easily since they spend dollars easily

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by enemyofprogress: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2023
The fall will favour me and my family
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by 43Ronin: 9:46am On Sep 14, 2023
compu:
Economist, in the House can you please give us in plain language not Grammer, what are the actual causes of this fall in Naira against the dollar.

So that we can learn and Individually, we can find solutions to it starting from the grassroot, because I don't think the people we have put in there have settled down enough to see the adverse effects of this issue...

We largely depend on imported things, manufacturing is going down. Electricity is epileptic, unemployment is on a record high( thanks to buhari government), foreign industry are pulling out...we need to tackle this issues from the grassroot.

Economist in the house in plain terms ...we love to hear from you. Thanks
the demand for dollar exceeds its supply. This huge quantity of dollar fx received from sales of crude oil is being channelled back into purchasing its finished product (pms, ago, dpk, aviation fuel). Now it wasn't so bad during the PDP reign because our four refineries were working & non-oil exports were accounting for a substantial amount of fx (e.g agriculture) but since APC took over fulani herdsmen and bandits have economically sabotaged the nation by killing farmers and destroying farmlands. Western countries are also rejecting our agricultural produce due to lack of standards. The sad part is that it would get worse like d former Zimbabwe situation. You see if a politician during campaign does not prioritze electricity that politician is your enemy, because you can't do anything without electricity - basically you can't produce or manufacture what will be sold to the global economy. therefore unable to remit fx to your country. If our refineries were working at full capacity we can control our currency, e.g you can mandate the purchase of your crude oil in naira since we don't need dollars to buy refined products just like in saudi- hence the reason why 1 Riyadh =$2.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by enemyofprogress: 9:47am On Sep 14, 2023
lomprico:

that boom go sweet die
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by highchief1: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Minatouchiha(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Revolution2022:
CBN wth others are deliberately hoarding the dollars for selfish gain.The dollar is not scarce.It is hoarded.

Hope it's no more Emefiele this time?
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Theweekend: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2023
abdulimussa:
Peter Obi and the Igbos making sure that the economy will not grow.
ewu

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by iamtardey: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2023
I’m predicting Tourism to be the next big thing for Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬β€¦. It’s a wild guess but yes TOURISM My hometown egungun festival wey oyinbo go like dey attend every year
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Mozegee: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2023
Guy do you really have work. Are you not ashame of being first to comment i
On every page supporting this evil government. Because if you have something doing you will not be here all the time. 950 per dollar what do you have to say
TemplarLandry:
cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ufotunang: 10:19am On Sep 14, 2023
Nawaoooo,.see what Tinubu and APC has caused
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ufotunang: 10:20am On Sep 14, 2023
Since APC came into power... nigeria economy has gone bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traders Turn To Barter Trading In Benue Over Naira Scarcity / Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High / Emeka Offor Bags Doctorate Degree In UNIZIK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.