Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens (15565 Views)

Naira Scarcity Worsens As Banks Limit Withdrawals, ATMs Run Dry / Naira Weakens To 917 Per Dollar - Bloomberg / Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by SUNDAYSIO(m): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2023
ajimo54:

Why are you all looking for dollars? Hen? Stay in your country! Produce and eat ur produce! No one will look for dollars! Why is Pound or Dollar Not falling for Naira? because nobody is looking for your Naira. It is not needed! Africans quit evil. Bandits, Boko boys, repent! Let our farmers work! Police and Army pls do ur work! Politicians be good! Stop nonsense! Only this can make Nigeria and Africa great!

It clear that you stop schooling at primary level.
If you look at all the properties this person has have in his room 85% of them is NOT Nigerian made and he is yelling that "Why are you all looking for dollars?"
Oga try grow up even if you no complete school

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ufotunang: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2023
PDP administration was better the economy was good, prices of foodstuffs was cheap, the naira had value..200 naira to a dollar during PDP time... nigerians should had retained PDP to still be in power
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Reference(m): 10:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Three pages.
Yet to see the supporters, fans and fanatics of this government.
To come and explain what is happening and what the government is or isn't doing right.

When it comes to politics they are all out in arms.
But when it comes to the governance that politics is supposed to provide they go mute, or travel on holidays.
Theirs is to win for winning sake, very little else.

The government in itself is no longer bothered about the slide in the value of the naira.
No longer speaking about it.
They too are lost at sea.

Just like the deregulation of the energy sector, they have opened up the sick patient in the operating theatre but do not know how to proceed with the surgery, what to remove, how to repair or fix to restore the health of the patient. So it has become deregulation for deregulation sake..... and proves that they only acted because EVERYONE WAS SPEAKING ABOUT IT FOR YEARS.

In actual fact they never had a grasp of what the real issues were.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by olaniyilukman(m): 10:29am On Sep 14, 2023
ogododo:
Dollar dey near N1000, where All dose noise makers.
Tinubu is already a failure, shame on Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ufotunang: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2023
That is why nigerians need Peter obi to make the economy to be good and better and strengthen the naira against the dollar

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ufotunang: 10:34am On Sep 14, 2023
Goodman2023:
Both person wey they import toothpicks go still request for dollar
..so nigeria cannot produce toothpick ?
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Thegamingorca(m): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2023
SemperFid:
Let it continue. My fiverr earnings plus my crypto daily trade de give me joy. I make 10$ daily in trading and that is just about 10k just lying on my bed.

My optometry practice license expired and I no even know because I studied optometry for 6 years and I have never thought about using it to find a job and I don't know if I ever will.

Boss show us the way
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ufotunang: 10:35am On Sep 14, 2023
This is the renewed shege nigerians voted for
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Diligence: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2023
Next time, when you hear "FLOAT", u say ah who can control floating...!

Tinubu should beg Emefiele who perhaps refused to serve anoda 6 months under BAT...

APC: What u can't destroy, doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Yankee101: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Tinubu the economist

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Evestar200(f): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Is only when I have changed my dollar that's when Naira will weaken .

What I changed 900/$1 last week is now 935/$1 undecided
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Germi9: 11:23am On Sep 14, 2023
If you get money abeg buy dollars itโ€™s a good business ..dollars nor dey fall for naija.Me nor get and he dey pain me badly
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Yankee101: 11:35am On Sep 14, 2023
Go digital and expose politicians?

NFIU will catch them easily
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by otokx(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2023
It appears we are heading for 1,500 naira by December.

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by ChronicGp(m): 11:48am On Sep 14, 2023
Make e reach 2k no problem
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by CodeTemplar: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Minatouchiha:
I thought you guys said it gained N4 yesterday to halt at 740? Why so much lies in this government?
there is official rate and black market still in existence. It can never collapse.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by CodeTemplar: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2023
ufotunang:
That is why nigerians need Peter obi to make the economy to be good and better and strengthen the naira against the dollar
To come and do what exactly? Start another romance with the James Nwafors of police force?
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by CodeTemplar: 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
lomprico:
Na just chinkini remain e go boom 1k.

Buhari wasn't this bad I swear.
the vengeful bookkeeper turn accountant picked the wrong man when he foolishly picked emefiele and started deviating from his policies. Just like under emefiele, we had two rates but with about N250 stronger per dollar. Now see what we have.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by GoodRocks: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
ideynl1:
As an Agbado supporter, this doesnโ€™t concern us. Even though the economy is in shambles, we donโ€™t care.

Our main concern is Obi and Igbos.

Let me help you tag them

Seunmsg leodeking Pandoraobi Obembet helinus etc

As Tinubu supporters, We don't care whether dollar becomes 1,000 or not our focus is on obi and Igbos.

Cc: Seunmsg leodeking Pandoraobi Obembet helinus etc.

U see The above monikers? A sane platform would have Since banned them from accessing their site.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by GoodRocks: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ozommadu:
This jobless fuuul above has booked space to spill garbage and tell you to give Ebola more 6months.

Useless evil govt defenders, yarimo helinues seunmsg and Co will view this thread and run away...I've told them that propaganda does not run a government successfully.

CC seunmsg leodeking Pandoraobi Obembet helinues etc. These ones are waiting for news concerning obi and Igbos. Wether Dollar becomes 1k or not, Dem no send!

1 Like

Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Goodman2023: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
ufotunang:
..so nigeria cannot produce toothpick ?
...yes
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by poiZon: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Kill corruption or it kills the project called One-Nigeria.
Bandits just sacked communities in Taraba. All these kind of things drive down productive hours and thus production. That means more dependence on import and demand for scarce dollar. There are no chess like approach or steps to fixing economy. It answers to production of neccessities.
It's as simple as this...
Our biggest problem now is insecurity...and it is targeted t our most productive zones...
Heard our daily oil production just dropped by more than 400thousand barrels daily...

Interns of agronomy, we r having serious issues there cause of these bandits and iswap/boko haram..

Buhari really destroyed this country...
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Etimemy: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Buhari killed Nigeria, Tinubu do the finishing by giving befitting burial.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Ozommadu: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

CC seunmsg leodeking Pandoraobi Obembet helinues etc. These ones are waiting for news concerning obi and Igbos. Wether Dollar becomes 1k or not, Dem no send!

They gats to justify their monthly TMC stipend naa grin
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by RealEzee(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
$1/#2k by December is da goal ... grin
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by int0x80(m): 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Sweet ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ

#1000 loading.......
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Tianamen1: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
compu:
Economist, in the House can you please give us in plain language not Grammer, what are the actual causes of this fall in Naira against the dollar.

So that we can learn and Individually, we can find solutions to it starting from the grassroot, because I don't think the people we have put in there have settled down enough to see the adverse effects of this issue...

We largely depend on imported things, manufacturing is going down. Electricity is epileptic, unemployment is on a record high( thanks to buhari government), foreign industry are pulling out...we need to tackle this issues from the grassroot.

Economist in the house in plain terms ...we love to hear from you. Thanks

I am not an Economist, but I have some understanding of what is happening now.

MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES.

There are cycles/periods when the dollar (and other G6 currencies) is strong and when it is weak. During periods of weakness, developing countries are supposed to invest wisely to ensure that their currencies appreciate. This will create a cushion effect to reduce the magnitude of depreciation of developing countries' currencies when G6 currencies start to strengthen.

A WASTEFUL COUNTRY
Rather than investing in the general population's education and healthcare, major drivers of productivity, our government and people were focused on spending on useless imported things that added no productive value to society. Nigeria's poor girl child education has led to an explosion in population that has further worsened conditions for the Naira.

THE WAY OUT OF THIS MESS-HE WHO FIGHTS AND RUNS AWAY LIVES TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY.

So far, the US Federal Reserve (central bank) keeps raising interest rates, the Naira will continue to fall no matter what policy decision the government makes. The CBN can choose to raise interest rates, but this will raise government debt, forcing the Ministry of Finance to print money, which will lead to inflation, as we have witnessed in the last few years.

There are no quick fixes; the Naira has lost this set of battles, and it is best to plan for 10 - 50 years down the line, A rebirth of the Naira and the Nigerian economy. We should be taking stock of what led us here and punishing whoever is responsible for this mess to ensure it is never repeated in the future. Public and Civil servants (past and present) with multiple homes and multiple cars should be made to pay heavy taxes for their wastefulness, and failure to make payments should attract lengthy jail sentences.

OIL MONEY BELONGS TO ALL NIGERIANS AND NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Income from mineral resources should not be used to pay salaries and allowances to public and civil servants. Nigeria needs to be managed like any other country. If the government wants to create a research institute, the Nigerian people must be willing to pay taxes for the infrastructure and salaries of the workers to be employed there. If the people are not willing, then such an institution should not exist.

Income from oil sales should be channelled into education and healthcare for every Nigerian, and whatever is left should be invested in a wealth fund. This is the way forward.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by InvertedHammer: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
/
I realized that it is pointless debating with people in Nigeria about misgovernance and APC. Let reality do the talking.
Until a bag of rice hits N100k with minimum wage stagnant at N30k/month, some people no go get sense....that's assuming they will ever.
/
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by UnfairLife7(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
SUNDAYSIO:

It clear that you stop schooling at primary level.
If you look at all the properties this person has have in his room 85% of them is NOT Nigerian made and he is yelling that "Why are you all looking for dollars?"
Oga try grow up even if you no complete school
Lol

Most of them na Olodo na. That old mumu man fearyourcreator who hardly string two or three words together to make a sentence. The riff raff with his primary 2 English will defend anything emilokan and Nigeria ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by saysoo: 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/naira-weakens-to-n950-dollar-as-forex-scarcity-worsens/?amp
in one month you people saved N1trillion,so in 3 Months you have saved N3trillion. So no problem.
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by Fearyourcreator: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Lol

Most of them na Olodo na. That old mumu man fearyourcreator who hardly string two or three words together to make a sentence. The riff raff with his primary 2 English will defend anything emilokan and Nigeria ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Ok
Re: Naira Weakens To N950/$Dollar As FOREX Scarcity Worsens by naija1stnigar(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
Thiefnubunomics.that's why happens when a criminal who is supposed to be in prison is the one leading a whole country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Journey To $1k In 30 Days With Cpa / Lagos State Government Starts Sale Of Lake Rice For Eid-el-fitr / Entrepreneurship Journey Just Made Simple With These life changing Resources !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.