Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector (22443 Views)

Soludo: We Are Rebuilding The Social Contract Ndi Anambra Has With Government / Soludo: We Wish Obi Good Luck But We Have A Candidate Whom We Will Support / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by geraldmezi(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2023
Okay. You people can now start coming back
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by SmartPolician: 8:37am On Sep 14, 2023
YoungLionken:
These Igbo kids are so uncouth sad!!

They're quick to say demeaning things against Nigeria at every slightest opportunity! After which life, as per your father was the only first and last CBN governor sad?!

You know nothing. There's a reason your country is not working, but your brain is even lower than Pentium 1 to decipher it.

Go and ask Okonjo-Iweala, Nuhu Ribadu, and Sanusi their experiences. You can also ask Funsho Williams and Bola Ige in your after life.

You cannot change this country if you are not ready to sacrifice your life or those of your loved ones.

4 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Blazebond(m): 8:39am On Sep 14, 2023
But the people did not kill your father and infact your father continued staying in Nigeria and even went into full time politics,he contested and lost in different political parties before finally winning with APGA,he even help political positions after he left the CBN o,madam shut up and face your business una too dey talk shit.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Slynation(m): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2023
Too many kids with no sense on this platform... it's becoming unbearably annoying to keep up
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by YoungLionken(m): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2023
SmartPolician:

You know nothing. There's a reason your country is not working, but your brain is even lower than Pentium 1 to decipher it.

Go and ask Okonjo-Iweala and Sanusi their experiences. You cannot change this country if you are not ready to sacrifice your life or those of your loved ones.

You know, we are not unaware of how you (Igbos) always go berserk when you hear the truth! Just like a bad mother, who sentimentally take sides with her kids no matter the wrong they commit..

Was Soludo really clean? How many times have you seen Sanusi's kids or Iweala's, saying rubbish like this on air??.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by slivertongue: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2023
samsard:
Are you a kid or you just don't know about the banking reforms by Charles Soludo?
Too many people want to comment on Nairaland out of sentiments and knee-jerk reaction.

soludo is an elite, he was previously at the Villa. so those who fought the reforms are his follow elites. By the way who are those who threatened him. na dem dem
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by olisaEze(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2023
Kwayet ya mouth dia u dis small pikin! Everyone in Nigeria saw and felt Dora Akunyili’s impact in this nation despite the numerous attempts, not just threats, on her life. If this excuse is what ur father told u when he threw u abroad, then he’s really a spineless c’ward!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by DaddyJapan(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
i smell lies

Article dated '19 May 2008'.

Nigeria: Banking Reform, My Challenging Moments -Soludo

Ibadan — Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo at the weekend confessed that the N25billion re-capitalisation in the banking sector was one of his harrowing moments as he and his family were daily tormented with death threats, following which he had to relocate his family to an unknown destination.

Source: https://allafrica.com/stories/200805191045.html
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by ACRI: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2023
Delusional daughter

Your dad did not reform banking sector, Sanusi did after Yar 'adua kicked out your dad

3 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Emaprince: 8:47am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:
The recapatalisation of the banking sector was another of Obasanjo's masterstroke. Before then,Nigerians do not put their money in the bank as you will go through hell before you can see your money collect and that is if your bank do not collapse the following day leaving customers to tales of woes

Then Obasanjo with soludo as a CBN Govornor introduced the banking recapitalization of minimum of 25Billion naira capital base. The bankers puffed and cried but Soludo,backed heavily by obasanjo didn't bulge.

You wanted to stay afloat? Merge with other banks or you get the 25Billion naira alone.

After the end of the year exercise,A year after I think, Nigerian banks made the first 100 banks in the world. I think GTB or so can't remember now.

Now you can put your money in the bank and go to sleep. Up till date,the tripe effects of the banking sector recapitalization of then is still ringing in every corner of the country.

Ask these swin.e.s that came in 2015 what they did to the economy. They have utterly nothing to show for it.

They literally ran down Nigeria. With the current occupant who is going to ki.l.l it completely

Nonesense!
You got it

That 25B capital base move really saved customers from the woes of losing their life savings in znigerian banks.

Look at what haappend to okocha 100s of millions in savannah Bank. This country embodies corruption in high places

I give it to soludo on that one. And sometimes I wish he was still the governor. I'm sure Naira wouldn't be this bad.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by BigIyanga: 8:49am On Sep 14, 2023
ACRI:
Delusional daughter

Your dad did not reform banking sector, Sanusi did after Yar 'adua kicked out your dad
You failed Naija banking history. Soludo forced banks to merge in order to have capital requiremenf of N25bn.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Rebelutionary: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
i smell lies
You can smell lies for cruise but it was in this same country that an attempt was made on Akunyilis life because of her work in NAFDAC!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by SuperBlack: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2023
We don hear
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Neddstark: 8:52am On Sep 14, 2023
Millimann:
And your father that actually did the reforms stayed back??

He's a fighter. He kept his family safe but continued to fight.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Bfly: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2023
Now your dad is a governor, what do you have to say?
Because now We are expecting your dad to reform Anambra as where you travelled to.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by CodeTemplar: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
i smell lies
Be smelling what you carry in your body there.

Akunyili escaped multiple assassination attempts, yes or no?
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by IamtheTruth1(m): 8:55am On Sep 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
i smell lies
What or where is the lie you smell? If you do not know anything, why not shut the hell up then being stupid and disputing people’s claims.

Let me enlighten you, the banking system was a mess from early 90’s to 2000’s.

Soludo introduced a monetary policy of commercial banks to a minimum capital of 25billion Naira.

If the English above is too big, let me break it down. Do you know why Banks where merging from 2005 upwards? Soludo’s 13-point reform which was around July of 2004 saw to that. He stepped on a lot of toes because many banks closed while some had to forcefully merge to survive.

Lastly, you will still be considered a wise man as long as you don’t open your mouth or start discrediting someone’s claims all because your hate for igbos has eaten up your IQ. A fool is even considered wise when he shuts his mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Acidosis(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Your father cannot protect you in Nigeria despite the level of security infrastructure at his disposal but he swore to protect over 5 million helpless Anambra residents who receive all manner of threats from Simon Ekpa.

🤡

What do we call this?

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2023
YoungLionken:
These Igbo kids are so uncouth sad!!

They're quick to say demeaning things against Nigeria at every slightest opportunity! After which life, as per your father was the only first and last CBN governor sad?!

Whereas, you Igbos are the ones tarnishing the country's image everywhere; South Africa, Cambodia, India, Thailand, Singapore, etc. The other day, your brothers were daring the Pakistani police to shoot them if they can. When they place a ban on Nigerians, we will blame them! Rubbish!!!

We are not the ones bombing the nation making others see Nigeria as a terrorist site
We are not Yorubas that have been killing people during elections or stop people from voting and ended up foisting an illegal president .
Tinubu is a disgrace to the nation for eg.
Yorubas are the ones doing internet scams all over the place and making people not trust Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by happney65: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2023
Emaprince:
You got it

That 25B capital base move really saved customers from the woes of losing their life savings in znigerian banks.

Look at what haappend to okocha 100s of millions in savannah Bank. This country embodies corruption in high places

I give it to soludo on that one. And sometimes I wish he was still the governor. I'm sure Naira wouldn't be this bad.

Okocha actually had about a billion naira trapped in saraki's societygeneralle bank. Didn't know if he was able to get it out.

Jim nwobodo owned savannah bank. They had a branch at oke ado Ibadan then which their banner was still on the building as at two years ago. I think they owned the building sha.

All of them went under because they were only established to chop people's money and not to offer anything tangible and go under after a few months or few years.

But the SW media, orchestrated by the current ones in power will so much vilify obasanjo and what he did and claimed he did this and that. Whenever they talk their nonesense,I show them facts and figures and they shut their mouths up.

Obasanjo gave soludo an assignment and he delivered and delivered well.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Mohisah: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
i smell lies
I no see watin Soludo reformed wer go bring threat😂
They is a behind the scene that she's not sayin or they aren't sayin
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by lexy2014: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2023
nlfpmod:
Adaora, the daughter of Anambra State Governor and former CBN governor has revealed why they relocated abroad.

Tech Youtuber, Fisayo Fosudo @Fosudo asked a question on X:

Adaora Soludo @adaorasoludo who recently got engaged in Morocco replied:

Story story
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Svoboda(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2023
Real or imagined death threats?
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by BobbieZion(m): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:
The recapatalisation of the banking sector was another of Obasanjo's masterstroke. Before then,Nigerians do not put their money in the bank as you will go through hell before you can see your money collect and that is if your bank do not collapse the following day leaving customers to tales of woes

Then Obasanjo with soludo as a CBN Govornor introduced the banking recapitalization of minimum of 25Billion naira capital base. The bankers puffed and cried but Soludo,backed heavily by obasanjo didn't bulge.

You wanted to stay afloat? Merge with other banks or you get the 25Billion naira alone.

After the end of the year exercise,A year after I think, Nigerian banks made the first 100 banks in the world. I think GTB or so can't remember now.

Now you can put your money in the bank and go to sleep. Up till date,the tripe effects of the banking sector recapitalization of then is still ringing in every corner of the country.

Ask these swin.e.s that came in 2015 what they did to the economy. They have utterly nothing to show for it.

They literally ran down Nigeria. With the current occupant who is going to ki.l.l it completely

Nonesense!

Good 👍.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by adecz: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2023
You see❓❓❓

When these public officers create
problems in this country, they take off
with their families.

Na we wey remain here go take our own
hands dey slaughter ourselves on behalf
of those criminals.

When we don reduce our number to
appreciable levels, the same rogues will
return and take up juicy appointments❗️❗️😐

All of Emefiele's children are living
comfortably abroad.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by YoungLionken(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

We are not the ones bombing the nation making others see Nigeria as a terrorist site
We are not Yorubas that have been killing people during elections or stop people from voting and ended up foisting an illegal president .
Tinubu is a disgrace to the nation for eg.
Yorubas are the ones doing internet scams all over the place and making people not trust Nigerians

Oh yes! UGM don't maim, kill or bomb. Your politicians don't rig elections. And no, your youths don't peddle drugs and scam people online..

Jokes on you bro...

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by ValarDoharis: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2023
I said it that the westerners hailing Soludo will remember that he is Igbo if he chooses to run for president! Only his daughter's comment, una don dey insult am grin
Tzar:
Why is he unable to reform Anambra?! I can’t wait for the developers to develop their region & not claim other people’s regions.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Antoeni(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2023
I Remember 25billion re capitalization
NDIC
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Guyman01: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2023
Igbo man will always take the bold risks to do the right thing but Nigerians will never appreciate it because it was done by an Igbo man out of tribal sentiments
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Ladyclara002(f): 9:09am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:

Nonesense!
Exactly
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Svoboda(m): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:

Okocha actually had about a billion naira trapped in saraki's societygeneralle bank. Didn't know if he was able to get it out.

Jim nwobodo owned savannah bank. They had a branch at oke ado Ibadan then which their banner was still on the building as at two years ago. I think they owned the building sha.

All of them went under because they were only established to chop people's money and not to offer anything tangible and go under after a few months or few years.

But the SW media, orchestrated by the current ones in power will so much vilify obasanjo and what he did and claimed he did this and that. Whenever they talk their nonesense,I show them facts and figures and they shut their mouths up.

Obasanjo gave soludo an assignment and he delivered and delivered well.

Savanna banks collapse was more of politics than fin distress. Then Savanna banks overall assets could have paid off most of the deposutors funds. Same way with ebitemi banigos all states trust bank.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Tektronics12: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2023
You are deluded. Same Soludo gave banks free 5billion dollars as loan. Now, government is asking for the money and banks giving excuses.
happney65:

Nonesense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lamido Hands Over To SSG, Jets Out On Annual Leave / Yau Kumo Under Investigation By EFCC Over N3bn Fraud - Sahara Reporters / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits, Herdsmen Should Get Their Own Ministry Like Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.