Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector (22419 Views)

Soludo: We Are Rebuilding The Social Contract Ndi Anambra Has With Government / Soludo: We Wish Obi Good Luck But We Have A Candidate Whom We Will Support / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by nlfpmod: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2023
Adaora, the daughter of Anambra State Governor and former CBN governor has revealed why they relocated abroad.

Tech Youtuber, Fisayo Fosudo @Fosudo asked a question on X:

People who left Nigeria, what was the thing that made you finally decide to leave?

Adaora Soludo @adaorasoludo who recently got engaged in Morocco replied:

We started receiving death threats after my dad reformed the banking sector in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by inoki247: 8:22am On Sep 14, 2023
To make things work for the country sef na something bkuz Saboteur are ready to play...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:23am On Sep 14, 2023
i smell lies

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by happney65: 8:24am On Sep 14, 2023
The recapatalisation of the banking sector was another of Obasanjo's masterstroke. Before then,Nigerians do not put their money in the bank as you will go through hell before you can see your money collect and that is if your bank do not collapse the following day leaving customers to tales of woes

Then Obasanjo with soludo as a CBN Govornor introduced the banking recapitalization of minimum of 25Billion naira capital base. The bankers puffed and cried but Soludo,backed heavily by obasanjo didn't bulge.

You wanted to stay afloat? Merge with other banks or you get the 25Billion naira alone.

After the end of the year exercise,A year after I think, Nigerian banks made the first 1000 banks in the world. I think GTB or so can't remember now.

Now you can put your money in the bank and go to sleep. Up till date,the tripe effects of the banking sector recapitalization of then is still ringing in every corner of the country.

Ask these swin.e.s that came in 2015 what they did to the economy. They have utterly nothing to show for it.

They literally ran down Nigeria. With the current occupant who is going to ki.l.l it completely

Nonesense!

187 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Zupay: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Me I left because it was getting darker, had to bolt and grateful to myself that I did.! cheesy cheesy cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by bigdammyj: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2023
Noted.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by chatinent: 8:29am On Sep 14, 2023
Since una bi the main benefactors of their public anyhowism, why won't you leave Nigeria to a safer place?

If what it is now is what you call a reform, you children of politicians supporting the evil works of your parents deserve everything you get from the electorates.

Female fool.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by SIXTEENTH(m): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2023
Who cares to know
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Millimann: 8:30am On Sep 14, 2023
And your father that actually did the reforms stayed back??

17 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 14, 2023
But sometimes do this people actually speak base on what people want or out of point?

For your school projects, thesis, dissertation, proposal, Powerpoint etc check my signature and contact me.Thanks

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by OBTOREPA(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2023
Me I still dey gidigba

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Olastep1(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2023
Good
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by LaSenior: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2023
angry

How does that concerns us

There are positions in this country that doesn't need political office holder interference, seriously this country needs serious work

Judiciary appointment should be the work of NBA

Infant politicians should be stopped from making appointments because they only appoints people to do their bidding not to serve the people

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by STEWpid(f): 8:31am On Sep 14, 2023
Chai..

...to flex money abroad.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Toriham: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2023
darling4242:
But sometimes do this people actually speak base on what people want or out of point?
really
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Tzar(m): 8:31am On Sep 14, 2023
Why is he unable to reform Anambra?! I can’t wait for the developers to develop their region & not claim other people’s regions.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by usecondom(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
Could be true, Nigeria is the headquarters of the evil men in the world.

8 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by slivertongue: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
but soludo was part of them.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by christejames(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
Nigeria is no longer a country, just an arena for career politicians to feast on undecided

5 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by YoungLionken(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
These Igbo kids are so uncouth sad!!

They're quick to say demeaning things against Nigeria at every slightest opportunity! After which life, as per your father was the only first and last CBN governor sad?!

Whereas, you Igbos are the ones tarnishing the country's image everywhere; South Africa, Cambodia, India, Thailand, Singapore, etc. The other day, your brothers were daring the Pakistani police to shoot them if they can. When they place a ban on Nigerians, we will blame them! Rubbish!!!

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Creamypie(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
Who be this one? So ludo was never under threat. Nigerians praised him, just like Sanusi. They are the best CBN governors, reducing and almost entirely removing ATM inter bank charges

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by owiko(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
Then based on who your papa be, he crossed his heart and said "I ain't moving no shit, we die here". Politicians and their numerous wahala

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Cwes: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
undecided
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by hisexcellency34: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2023
the way he is transforming Anambra now right
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Risingblue008(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2023
U can come back home now baby girl
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Oscarchims: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2023
Ok... Reform Anambra, gov soludo
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Poxmat: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2023
christejames:
Nigeria is no longer a country, just an arena for career politicians to feast on undecided
Honestly

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by samsard(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2023
slivertongue:
but soludo was part of them.
Are you a kid or you just don't know about the banking reforms by Charles Soludo?
Too many people want to comment on Nairaland out of sentiments and knee-jerk reaction.

12 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by BigIyanga: 8:35am On Sep 14, 2023
Nonsense lies. They left Naija cos her dad awarded inflated polymer contract for Naira design and he was invited by EFCC. Prior to her dad being a CBN governor.. her dad hadn't the resources to procure visa and travel tickets for his family. He was a lecture at UNN with a meagre pay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Padipadi(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2023
Your father's now the gov of your state. Get back here now or pronoun!

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by computer0810(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Buhari's Failure Will Spell Doom For The Nation / Osinbajo Visits Oba Of Benin, Inspects Azura Power Plant(photos) / Emefiele In Import Duty Scandal Against President Buhari’s Directive - Sahara R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.