Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector (22441 Views)

Soludo: We Are Rebuilding The Social Contract Ndi Anambra Has With Government / Soludo: We Wish Obi Good Luck But We Have A Candidate Whom We Will Support / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Julius1995(m): 9:14am On Sep 14, 2023
When the empty propagandists compares PDP 16 years with their, I wonder on what ground they are doing so, or if they have any brain at all.
happney65:
The recapatalisation of the banking sector was another of Obasanjo's masterstroke. Before then,Nigerians do not put their money in the bank as you will go through hell before you can see your money collect and that is if your bank do not collapse the following day leaving customers to tales of woes

Then Obasanjo with soludo as a CBN Govornor introduced the banking recapitalization of minimum of 25Billion naira capital base. The bankers puffed and cried but Soludo,backed heavily by obasanjo didn't bulge.

You wanted to stay afloat? Merge with other banks or you get the 25Billion naira alone.

After the end of the year exercise,A year after I think, Nigerian banks made the first 100 banks in the world. I think GTB or so can't remember now.

Now you can put your money in the bank and go to sleep. Up till date,the tripe effects of the banking sector recapitalization of then is still ringing in every corner of the country.

Ask these swin.e.s that came in 2015 what they did to the economy. They have utterly nothing to show for it.

They literally ran down Nigeria. With the current occupant who is going to ki.l.l it completely

Nonesense!

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Felimax(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:
The recapatalisation of the banking sector was another of Obasanjo's masterstroke. Before then,Nigerians do not put their money in the bank as you will go through hell before you can see your money collect and that is if your bank do not collapse the following day leaving customers to tales of woes

Then Obasanjo with soludo as a CBN Govornor introduced the banking recapitalization of minimum of 25Billion naira capital base. The bankers puffed and cried but Soludo,backed heavily by obasanjo didn't bulge.

You wanted to stay afloat? Merge with other banks or you get the 25Billion naira alone.

After the end of the year exercise,A year after I think, Nigerian banks made the first 100 banks in the world. I think GTB or so can't remember now.

Now you can put your money in the bank and go to sleep. Up till date,the tripe effects of the banking sector recapitalization of then is still ringing in every corner of the country.

Ask these swin.e.s that came in 2015 what they did to the economy. They have utterly nothing to show for it.

They literally ran down Nigeria. With the current occupant who is going to ki.l.l it completely

Nonesense!

At least some of you can still remember! I thank God.

There is virtually nothing we are still enjoying today democratically that was not put in place by the PDP. The PDP had to give up power in 2015 just for the sake of the sanity of the country.

Today what do you have? We have a ruling party that dares to write tribunal judgement regardless of everything. I love it when repercussions comes. The APC has nothing to offer.

I thought I was the only one on Nairaland.

Too much saturated fools around!

4 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Cantonese: 9:19am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:

Nonesense!

You made my day with your comment.
Thank you so very much.

4 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by slowice(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2023
Go through the comments and you will be sorry for young Nigerians. Bigotry and emptiness in full display for a few likes

3 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Honestly soludo did save alot of Nigerians fixed funds. Some banks had to merge inother to sustain their businesses.

I respected this prof then, most of these banks lavish money anyhow then, solido instilled discipline
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Ezmans: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:

Nonesense!
Nigerian banks are doing financially well

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Ezmans: 9:35am On Sep 14, 2023
Tzar:
Why is he unable to reform Anambra?! I can’t wait for the developers to develop their region & not claim other people’s regions.
tell me your state let's compare it with Anambra both in education, finance, industry, good governance
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Cantonese: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2023
YoungLionken:

You know, we are not unaware of how you (Igbos) always go berserk when you hear the truth! Just like a bad mother, who sentimentally take sides with her kids no matter the wrong they commit..

Was Soludo really clean? How many times have you seen Sanusi's kids or Iweala's, saying rubbish like this on air??.

Uncouth youth.

What’s the rubbish with the honest truth about the dangers of their parents involvement in politics?

When you are not in touch with current affairs, you disgrace yourself publicly. Maybe you were two years old when Soludo was the governor of the CBN. Maybe you never heard of the several attempts on the lives of Soludo, Nuhu Ribadu, Dora Akunyili (bullet shot at her tore her head tie), Ezekwesili and Sanusi himself. You may ask if you are not informed. Maybe you expected them to allow their children get killed. If you no get shishi, close your mouth. Maybe you are not even aware that an attempt was made on Soludo’s life in his hometown two years ago, where his security aides got killed.

Address your own people, who used propaganda to cause the ruination of this nation and not Soludo. Tribalism will never permit youths like you to reason appropriately. You”d rather live miserable lives than tell your awful leaders the truth right in their faces.

Kayode Fayemi put the matter to rest a few days ago, when he unequivocally stated that Nigeria experienced growth in the PDP years, but bitter politics, pushed to youths like you, made you force GEJ and PDP out of power. The rest they say is history with the complete damage done by APC.

You better wake up and tell yourself the truth, rather than make the Igbos the topic of your ignorant discussion. Your baba so pe life will not help you.

Today we have a Yoruba man as a leader. Tinubu is not the President of the SW or the SE. The constitution has kept him as the President of the entire nation and whatever policies he makes are binding on everyone. On his very first day, he made a profound statement that further impoverished the citizens. Everyone, including yourself suffer the effects of poorly arranged policies and statements in the last four months. No one, including you has called him out as the President of the Yorubas, but the President of Nigeria. Tribalism makes you think that people have issues with him because he is a Yoruba man. If Tinubu was tribalistic like you, he would not be married to a non Yoruba. Use your small head.

If you think that citizens do not have the right to protest against certain government policies, then know that you are too young to understand what democracy is all about. BAT himself is a democrat and he understands what it means to protest. You may try to find out from him.

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by jojothaiv(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2023
inoki247:
To make things work for the country sef na something because Saboteur are ready to play...
The saboteurs and the hallelujah singing crew will soon be around in no time.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by MrAgbako: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2023
chatinent:
Since una bi the main benefactors of their public anyhowism, why won't you leave Nigeria to a safer place?

If what it is now is what you call a reform, you children of politicians supporting the evil works of your parents deserve everything you get from the electorates.

Female fool.
you are no different from the people threatening her family. See insults. Soludo remains Nigeria best cbn governor ever and you here talking trash with your hate filled comment 😂 if Dem call u ipob now u go dey vex😂

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by chatinent: 10:12am On Sep 14, 2023
MrAgbako:
you are no different from the people threatening her family. See insults. Soludo remains Nigeria best cbn governor ever and you here talking trash with your hate filled comment 😂 if Dem call u ipob now u go dey vex😂

You are also foolish.

Your work is to support people who don't give a dime about you or your drools. Get lost jare
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by seguno2: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
i smell lies

Big fat lies.
Is her father not the governor of Anambra state? Did he not contest in 2010 for the same position as a PDP candidate, after he left CBN
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by TOMMYS: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2023
Is it the same banking sector that we have today
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Ladech(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Lol and your father is back because the threats have all disapperared. grin
nlfpmod:
Adaora, the daughter of Anambra State Governor and former CBN governor has revealed why they relocated abroad.

Tech Youtuber, Fisayo Fosudo @Fosudo asked a question on X:

Adaora Soludo @adaorasoludo who recently got engaged in Morocco replied:

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by samsard(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2023
slivertongue:

soludo is an elite, he was previously at the Villa. so those who fought the reforms are his follow elites. By the way who are those who threatened him. na dem dem
Are you expecting them to pick a central bank governor from a motor park garage?
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Solsix(m): 11:02am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:

Nonesense!
Even up till now, there is no Nigerian bank in the top 200 banks in the world. There is no Nigerian bank in top 10 banks in Africa
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Ihengwu: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2023
As a husband and father, he did what he could to protect his family. Its easier to dudge the bullets alone than doing it with the whole family.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Yestogood: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:

After the end of the year exercise,A year after I think, Nigerian banks made the first 1000 banks in the world. I think GTB or so can't remember now.

Nonesense!

That name you used describes them completely.

2 Likes

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Vowels(m): 11:24am On Sep 14, 2023
Lies. The wickedness her father is doing to transporters in Anambra is wickedness and extortion with the use of touts like his president City Boy.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Teenaira: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:

After the end of the year exercise,A year after I think, Nigerian banks made the first 1000 banks in the world. I think GTB or so can't remember now.

Nonesense!

Brother, everything you wrote is correct except “Now you can put your money in the bank and go to sleep”
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by happney65: 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
Teenaira:

Brother, everything you wrote is correct except “Now you can put your money in the bank and go to sleep”

Yes brother, I mean no bank can go under with people losing their money again. Also as long as you are also careful and do not allow scammers to have access to your account due to theft of your banking details. I don't think you have any problem whatsoever

Hope you get my point.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by yusluvad(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nigeria is a shit!
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by chaloskyx: 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
so let me get this a daughter of a first class Nigerian political elite was supported by her father to leave the country as there is no hope while the father stays behind to loot whats left. As soon as Nigeria collapses into anarchy he would have sponsorship visa to flee thanks to his daughter while he continues to sell false hope to the Nigerian population back home🤣🤣🤣
NIGERIANS LISTEN YOU ARE FINISHED!!!!!
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by icedbreez(m): 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
You left because your dad was able to afford it for you, stop lying.

1 Like

Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by craix(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
He made a tough & right decision at a time when the banking sector was in a mess, which reformed the banking sector in the country.
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Cromagnon: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2023
happney65:

Nonesense!
Really?
I used to think so
But now all they have done is consolidate failure artificially
Forcing strange bedfellows into business

How many loan den don give common man

They are just 23 concentrated points of failure instead of 700
This is how recessions are made by govt interference
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Tzar(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
I am an indegene of Lagos.
Ezmans:
tell me your state let's compare it with Anambra both in education, finance, industry, good governance
Re: Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector by Tzar(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
I am not insulting him. I just strongly desire that each region develop a state or city just like or close to Lagos. The monies these governors get should be accounted for. I expect a Soludo who is a prof to do better than he is doing right now!
The pressure on Lagos will reduce and the competition will benefit us all.
ValarDoharis:
I said it that the westerners hailing Soludo will remember that he is Igbo if he chooses to run for president! Only his daughter's comment, una don dey insult am grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS And Police Clash At INEC Office In Imo / Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana / NDLEA Should Parade Abba Kyari With 25kg Cocaine, $61,400 — Pelumi Olajengbesi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.