Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided (1121 Views)

Kazakhstan Announces Ban On Hijabs In Schools / Tunisia Bans The Niqab Veil In 'public' And Govt Buildings For Security Reasons / Sri Lanka Bans Hijab After Easter Multiple Blasts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Gjrich(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
Egypt on Monday issued a ban prohibiting students from wearing a face covering or niqab at schools, sparking a debate on social media, with many users labeling the ban oppressive while others expressed their support.

According to the education ministry’s statement published in the state-run newspaper Akhbar al-Youm, “any form of hair covering that contravenes the condition of the face being visible is not acceptable.”

Students will be allowed to wear a hijab or a headscarf if they choose so, but it must be in the color chosen by the ministry and local education directorate, the statement said.

The code will be enforced from the start of the academic year on September 30 until June 2024. The decision will apply to both public and private schools.

Critics of the new dress code took to social media accusing the government of meddling into the rights of women.

“Let women wear whatever they deem fit. We want a free & equal world for women to decide on what to wear without the state interfering with it,” a user going by the name Zainab Dabo wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Those opposed to the ban said that Niqab is a “religious obligation” and must not be politicized.

“Niqab is not a problem, the problem is the ignorance and intolerance of those who want to impose their views on others. Niqab is not a political statement, it is a religious obligation,” a user who identified as Rizwan kayani posted on X.

Supporters of the niqab ban hailed the decision as a “step in the right direction” for women’s freedom.

“A step in the right direction for Egypt! women life freedom all the way!!,” a user named Yasser Arafat wrote on X.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by inoki247: 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lol dere Northern brothers will protest on dere behalf....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Amotolongbo(f): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
inoki247:
Lol dere Northern brothers will protest on dere behalf....
Our Ilorin people will also protest.

I would be happy if any of these brainwashed followers could show us where any of the Mohammed’s wives used hijab

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Go Egypt we are with you. That masquerade wear has nothing to do with worshipping God.

Countries should ban that nonesense and also ban indecent dressing. One is exploitive the second is madness.
Only terrorists support the wear.

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by jaeyking(m): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Can Nigerians see this

A fully pledged islamic Arabian country
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by iammo(m): 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
Amotolongbo:
Our Ilorin people will also protest.

I would be happy if any of these brainwashed followers could show us where any of the Mohammed’s wives used hijab

Even Jesus Christ 's mother used hijab as a middle east Jewish woman

As Africans your ancestors and mother's tied gele and covered their head

But now it's Brazilian dead woman's hair, Peruvian hair and weavon

Yet the few parents that want there children covered you the uncovered ones complain as if it's your head

1 Like

Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
A religious obligation and not political statement, yet you want your state to impose religion on everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Amotolongbo(f): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
iammo:

Yet the few parents that want there children covered you the uncovered ones complain as if it's your head
As for Jesus Christ mother, I don’t know about that, only if you could bring out evidence.

Our mothers tied gele? Yes!
But they wouldn’t go stupid to the extent of covering their head and face like the “ara orun” (masquerades)

Moreover, I am still waiting for the evidence where Mohammed’s wives used hijab

1 Like

Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Deco7: 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
iammo:

The heat and smell women suffer from prolonged covering if the hair. Ah. I can't come this world as a woman. Lai lai
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by iammo(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
Deco7:

The heat and smell women suffer from prolonged covering if the hair. Ah. I can't come this world as a woman. Lai lai

They are to cover it only outdoor
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by iammo(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
Amotolongbo:
As for Jesus Christ mother, I don’t know about that, only if you could bring out evidence.

Our mothers tied gele? Yes!
But they wouldn’t go stupid to the extent of covering their head and face like the “ara orun” (masquerades)

Moreover, I am still waiting for the evidence where Mohammed’s wives used hijab

Qur'an 33:59 the evidence you seek

As for the evidence of Jesus Christ mother, ad long as she is Jewish she covered her head, as described in religious text of Torah and Bible also prehistoric painting of Jewish women
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by advanceDNA: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
One problem with this pple...is that they will like to have their way..... There is a reason they call it "uniform".... If u no wan follow uniform dress code in school......... No go school naaaaaaaa

Dress how u like at home.....
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Bands: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lukguaf come and see
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Antivirus92(m): 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
iammo:

Qur'an 33:59 the evidence you seek

As for the evidence of Jesus Christ mother, ad long as she is Jewish she covered her head, as described in religious text of Torah and Bible also prehistoric painting of Jewish women
you quoted Koran to prove something about Jesus and his mother.

You sir are delusional!
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by iammo(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Antivirus92:
you quoted Koran to prove something about Jesus and his mother.

You sir are delusional!

You are the uneducated unexposed delusional one here

But I will teach you and not let you make a fool of yourself again as a colonized African

Facts....

1: Jesus or Mary or any Isreal Jew are not Christian they practice Judaism at the temple... European Roman empire and Peter started Christianity and it was rejected In Isreal till date

2: Quran his a book like Bible and Torah that gives ancestorial account of all Decedent of Abraham, all Middle East Jews , Arab and Persian .

3: Jews and Arab are like Yorubas and Nupe, they live next to each other's share dresses and hijab, understand each other's dialect
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Antivirus92(m): 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
iammo:

You are the uneducated unexposed delusional one here

But I will teach you and not let you make a fool of yourself again as a colonized African

Facts....

1: Jesus or Mary or any Isreal Jew are not Christian they practice Judaism at the temple... European Roman empire and Peter started Christianity and it was rejected In Isreal till date

2: Quran his a book like Bible and Torah that gives ancestorial account of all Decedent of Abraham, all Middle East Jews , Arab and Persian .

3: Jews and Arab are like Yorubas and Nupe, they live next to each other's share dresses and hijab, understand each other's dialect
stop being foolish,
Historically, Arabs and Jews never had any history in common apart from Abraham.

The Bible never made mention of any Arab or any prophet from the Arab nations. Muhammed came many years after Judaism and Christianity have been established. He just studied and forged something out of them at the same time adding his own jargons
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by iammo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by iammo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2023
Antivirus92:
stop being foolish,
Historically, Arabs and Jews never had any history in common apart from Abraham.

The Bible never made mention of any Arab or any prophet from the Arab nations. Muhammed came many years after Judaism and Christianity have been established. He just studied and forged something out of them at the same time adding his own jargons

Google is your friend only 2% of Isreali are christians

There are more Muslim in Isreal than Christians
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Antivirus92(m): 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
iammo:

You are an idiot

I have lived in Oman, Abudhabi, Qatar and UAE

And only you foolish brain washed Ibo lunatics thinks Jews and Arab are not related

They even live together and intermarry

Foolish idiot that doesn't even know ordinary geography
Apart from Saudi Arabia and Egypt, I don't think any Arab nation has diplomatic relationship with the Jews. Some went as far as banning Jewish citizens from entering their country. I guess the relationship you are talking about happens between Jews and Arabs of osogbo
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Antivirus92(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
iammo:

Google is your friend only 2% of Isreali are christians

There are more Muslim in Isreal than Christians
how does this relate to what we're discussing?
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by iammo(m): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Antivirus92(m): 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
iammo:

Poor illetrate , travel you no go travel, read you mo go read, common google na free browsing you dey use

Honestly you are to shallow for me to engage

Stop qouting me
it is a well established fact that the Yorubas lie for fun. I am not surprised at your behaviour, it's inbuilt.
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by PlayerMeji: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
When will our brothers from the north start their riots...?
Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by LikeAking: 12:43am On Sep 15, 2023
PlayerMeji:
When will our brothers from the north start their riots...?

Dem Dey wait for you…

1 Like

Re: Egypt Bans Hijab (Niqab) In Schools, Social Media Users Divided by Donaldoni: 11:45am On Sep 15, 2023
For real?

(1) (Reply)

We Are Determined To Destroy All Churches In Israel, That Is Will Of God -rabbi / Nigerian Dude Kills His Hot Girlfriend For Going To The Pool Without Him / Israel Vs Palestine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.