Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC (10373 Views)

₦‎3.7 Trillion Budget Padding Claim: Senate Suspends Ningi For Three Months / FG Files Contempt Proceeding Against NLC, TUC Over Protests / Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Islie: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
The Senate on Thursday threatened to take legal action against the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) over the claim that lawmakers got N100 million each as a palliative from the federal government.

Christopher Onyeka, an aide to the NLC President Joe Ajaero, was reported to have said members of the National Assembly received over N100 million each as a palliative to cushion the effect of the petrol subsidy removal.

The Senate spokesperson, Yemi Adaramodu, dismissed the claim, describing it as strange, ludicrous and unthinkable.

Adaramodu, in a statement on Thursday, said the claim was another “satanic ploy of a miserable gang of media and political dark angels to bring the Nigerian parliament into disrepute and pitch the legislators against the Nigerian public.”

“We believe that the public is aware that popular democracy is an anathema to some unpatriotic political mercenaries, hence their systemic blackmail of the parliament, which undoubtedly is the soul of democracy and sovereignty,” he added.

He urged the public, especially the Nigerian workers, to disregard “these unscrupulous pontiffs.”

He said, “The National Assembly shall not hesitate, henceforth to take constitutional and legal actions against these irreverent merchants of rumours and ill wills against legislators. The National Assembly should not be taken as a political scapegoat.

“We don’t expect anything less from the NLC leadership, we only opined that they would place national interest above partisan nihilistic outbursts.

“If the Congress wishes to serve as the conscience of Nigerian workers, it must purge itself of catalytic political voyages that can truncate our democracy. We believe that Nigerians see this new unscrupulous advocacy as a comedy to entertain only the unsuspecting.”

https://dailytrust.com/n100m-palliative-claim-senate-threatens-legal-action-against-nlc/

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Beremx(f): 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
The story must be true that's why they're angry. They should enjoy their palliatives while poor Nigerians manage their two cups of palliative rice

angry angry

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Pandev(m): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
NLC is a branch of Eluu pee party, we know. But the Senate bastards should shut the fvck up.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by LibertyRep: 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
Threatened? Something that should have been served already.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by rtdCivilservant: 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
Beremx:
The story must be true that's why they're angry. They should enjoy their palliatives while poor Nigerians manage their two cups of palliative rice

angry angry
The story can't be true. Our lawmakers are corrupt, but not on this scale. U will agree with me that the current leadership of NLC headed by Joe Ajaero has turned NLC into a political party, they are now partisan.

33 Likes 13 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by inoki247: 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lol make dem forgive NLC....

NLC just needs people attention for a good outing....

People no dey tak dem serious nor trust dem again so they need massive protest for Govt to take dem serious....

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by jojothaiv(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lol!

This look promising..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Wisereborn: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
Islie:

The National Assembly should not be taken as a political scapegoat.
grin grin grin grin they should be taken as rubber stamp pad grin

Yeye people undecided Akpabio is a crook!!!

9 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Manalaw929: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
All na noise

3 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by iammo(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
cool

Representatives suing who they went to represent

Labour union now a Partisan Political Party

Labour Party now beating workers and forcing them to comply with strike

I Pray Buhari never happen to Nigeria again

I pray EndSars Rinu , DJ switch and online mobs never happen to Nigeria again

I pray Emefiele never happens to Nigeria again

I pray Nnamdi Kanu never happens to Nigeria

Most especially I pray divisive character like Biter Obi never happens to Nigeria again

Amen

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by NwaNimo1(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
So they no chop the bonus Akpabio go reveal?

5 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by saphiere(f): 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
Naija don tire me ooo. I will marry any body (male or female) wer go give me visa to japa o.

1 Like

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Odin13: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
Akpabio druggie dog .. no just get sense ..

No be same fool Dey abuse the poor the last time

Apc is party for for fools

God bless and help Nigerians..
God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by UnfairLife7(m): 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Ezmans: 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

The story can't be true. Our lawmakers are corrupt, but not on this scale. U will agree with me that the current leadership of NLC headed by Joe Ajaero has turned NLC into a political party, they are now partisan.
continue supporting evil going on in nigeria because of tribalism

6 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Jonjam269: 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
NLC Ajaero is an extension of obidot, Ajaero also exhibits one of the characteristics of obidot which is to peddle falsehood and wail unnecessarily. No differences.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by bhella10: 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
Joe Ajaero will soon join his cousin Ibezim in DSS cage grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Tuzzyjohnson(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
How many Nigerians wan see palliative
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Politicians do not act in isolation while maltreating the populace.

They have accomplices amongst the populace.

Like this I just hustle and focus on my life.

Those APC attack bingos are all over nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by HRMK: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?ARE THE COURTS ON BREAK?

6 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Think9ja(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Just like Lauretta said about the Pandora thief, the entire NLC leadership needs to be arrested and prosecuted for inciting violence in the name of protest.

Eight months ago, subsidy needs to go because one lying, incompetent cretin deceived them that he could win an election. He eventually came third even with massive rigging against his opponents in his strong hold

All of a sudden, subsidy removal is now a problem

I swear I no know who foolish pass between that bald headed lying skunk or his deluded, followers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Lastmankc(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Whenever you see any organ of government deny any stuff, just know the story is true.The rubber-stamp senate lead by akpabio that sent money to lawmakers to enjoy themselves are capable of anything

3 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Franzinni: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
I just love when they bicker over irrelevant issues leaving serious matters aloof.... It's entertaining
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by easyfem(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Senate ke ? Who let the dog out !!

1 Like

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Dittodat: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
NLC = HELL U PEE

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Tuzzyjohnson(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
saphiere:
Naija don tire me ooo. I will marry any body (male or female) wer go give me visa to japa o.

Oya
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by ecolime(m): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
saphiere:
Do you need to get married to get a Visa? Apply for student visa and Japa na

1 Like

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by cutesharon(f): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Me i dont even know why there is argument.
Dont we have supposed people of integrity of LP origin as members of the senate to come and talk the truth or have they decamped.

3 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by DiamondPant(f): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
Each senator received 100 million prayer points not 100 million naira.
Please get your facts right.

3 Likes

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Udopasa: 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
This NLC seem to be rudderless and lacking in public support and sympathy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dora Akunyili's Nephew Writes / Armed Robbers Not Assassins Attacked Barr Mfon Udeme - Akwa Ibom CP / IPOB Tantrums Can’t Distract Us From Presidential Bid – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.