Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC (10401 Views)

โ‚ฆโ€Ž3.7 Trillion Budget Padding Claim: Senate Suspends Ningi For Three Months / FG Files Contempt Proceeding Against NLC, TUC Over Protests / Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
MakE dem rest jare
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Brushstrokes20: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Congregation of self serving THIEVES, a.k.a
legisLOOTERS on rampage ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Awon ole, jegudu jera gbogbo!
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Oluwaseyi11: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin grin[quote][/quote] angry angry
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Flier: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Pandev:
NLC is a branch of Eluu pee party, we know. But the Senate bastards should shut the fvck up.
Everything you said is correct

1 Like

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Bringbackmandat: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2023
Useless senators. Since you are covering everything we have the right to assume. Did you tell us how much Akpabio paid to your account before going on break?
There salaries, their allowance, their bribery, and so on is always in secret. When you refuse to open up to the people that sent you their, then you should be able to accept whatever happens.

1 Like

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Angelfrost(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
Which Senate please?!!

The one that went on over 3 months highly paid vacation after spending barely 1 month in office?!!

Well, this is what you get when you reward ex-governors with Senatorial seats as if our parliament is a retirement home for the Corrupt.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Bringbackmandat: 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Infact let the senators go to court, that will exposed all their secret allowances. Akpabio stated it and some idiots wanted to chop him alive.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Fake illegitimate government
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by olisaEze(m): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
So the sharing formula was different for each of them. grin
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Sermwell(m): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

The story can't be true. Our lawmakers are corrupt, but not on this scale. U will agree with me that the current leadership of NLC headed by Joe Ajaero has turned NLC into a political party, they are now partisan.
I even blame the NLC president! If I were him, I will just work with Tinubu low-key and allow Nigerians suffer the consequences!!

Shebi they said NLC is a political party??

1 Like

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Bringbackmandat: 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

The story can't be true. Our lawmakers are corrupt, but not on this scale. U will agree with me that the current leadership of NLC headed by Joe Ajaero has turned NLC into a political party, they are now partisan.
how partisan? Is there no labour party senator in the national assembly? Did he say APC senators? So where did you get that rubbish thought of being partisan?
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by duro4chang(m): 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ajaero will soon destroy labour party
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Bringbackmandat: 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
inoki247:
Lol make dem forgive NLC....

NLC just needs people attention for a good outing....

People no dey tak dem serious nor trust dem again so they need massive protest for Govt to take dem serious....
they should go to court, that will even give us the opportunity to know how much is their allowances.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Cantonese: 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
After โ€œoff the mikeโ€?
After collecting prayer? Which of them is a secret please?
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Angelfrost(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Please, Stop confusing and contradicting yourself just because you dislike NLC or support this regime.

Nigerian Senate is overpaid and corrupt... End off!

Let them not just threaten legal action... They should sue Labor.

Let us know if the corruption is to the tune of 100 Million or 10 Million, since corruption should only be frowned upon if the Millions or Billions misappropriated are lesser than purported.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by otokx(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
So the senate is reacting to what an aide said.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Advancedman(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by rtdCivilservant: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ezmans:
continue supporting evil going on in nigeria because of tribalism
Where is the the tribalism in what I said? We should try to be reasonable, I said it can never be true that each lawmaker got 100m, such claim is ridiculous, we shouldn't allow the fact that we are tired of our country now become stupid and gullible to believe any trash we read. Do the maths, and see for ursef.
(100m x 360 members) in the lower house, plus (100m x 109 members) in the upper house.

1 Like

Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Henrybaks1: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2023
It's pretty funny that NASS is threatening NLC because they are been accused of something that might be true..if then it's false why not disregard the statement by letting Nigerians know if any palliative was given or not. Looking at the state of the nation,any reasonable government would put in modalities to uplift her citizen from the state at which we are.
At the federal level as civil servants and public servants you can't buy a bag of rice and other food items for your family talk more of basic medicals,clothing,education, transportation and other needs,the tariffs and bank charges ain't funny,the dollar is something else I mean it's unbearable. Fat pocket owner are smiling while others can't breathe.
Minimum wage is so sad ..a graduate earns basically nothing in this country.. my take if it means the country should shut down it's economy till the government addresses what's on ground so be it...Nigeria is not for the elected to enjoy all her wealth. Nigeria is for all,our country should be where life can be enjoyed with the little you have .. ordinary cloth one can't buy because you have to think of food first,even the food now is a problem because you can't afford,haba
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by zeyt: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2023
Senate is has now resort to blackmail as way to averting nationwide strike.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by rtdCivilservant: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Angelfrost:

Please, Stop confusing and contradicting yourself just because you dislike NLC or support this regime.

Nigerian Senate is overpaid and corrupt... End off!

Let them not just threaten legal action... They should sue Labor.

Let us know if the corruption is to the tune of 100 Million or 10 Million, since corruption should only be frowned upon if the Millions or Billions misappropriated are lesser than purported.
Let us try and separate our emotions from fact, I didn't say our lawmakers are not over paid, but I only said 100m palliative for each lawmaker is a blatant lie, and only a gullible person will believe it.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Timmi: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/n100m-palliative-claim-senate-threatens-legal-action-against-nlc/

There is no need to make empty noise, if you have nothing to hide, take legal actions. All the shoddy deals of the National Assembly need to be exposed and as a matter of fact, the National Assembly is an albatross and need to be scraped or drastically reduced. The so-called oversight function is to coerce the agencies to give them envelope, they are purely an extortionist organization
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by GarethMiles: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ok
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by NOwazobia: 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2023
Actually, they are a political scape pig.

Goat has too much dignity to compare those political pigs that masquerades as legislators.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Alliswell248: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
Stop taking the headless mob seriously.....
Bunch of deluded and hatefill souls......

Their Joy is destruction of Nigeria.....
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by BreconHills(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
Beremx:
The story must be true that's why they're angry. They should enjoy their palliatives while poor Nigerians manage their two cups of palliative rice

angry angry

A 100m x senators and reps and it will be only the NLC that knows about it. Impossible.

We have to start questioning things - how was the money appropriated? Nothing can be built on conspiracy stories and unproven innuendo. Nowadays people say anything without being put to even the lowest standard tests of proof.

First it was juju and mysticism
Now it is hearsay.
What happened to the black man's sense of reason. Why is he satisfied with market square talk without enquiry?

If that amount of naira had hit the economy the naira would be at 1200 or higher to the USD.
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by JohnDazzy: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

See you, trying so hard to not deceive yourself.
Did the senate send prayer to your email? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by Owaincouncil: 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
Stupid people. They should go to court.
Thank God, the NLC guy didn't say each. So akpabio should tell us the total amount sent to the senators when they are going on reccess. Sorry, they amount of prayer points sent into their individual phones.
Bunch of idiots
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by latiephwald(m): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
I have said this for long that Nigeria will only get better if all these Arms of government can address Nigeria in a language we all understand not all this political criminal jargons.

Do I have to open dictionary before I can understand what my Servant said?
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by saphiere(f): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
ecolime:

Do you need to get married to get a Visa? Apply for student visa and Japa na
Na for mouth dem dey apply?
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by ValarDoharis: 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2023
Let the sue straightaway. Fraudulent NASS!
Re: N100m Palliative Claim: Senate Threatens Legal Action Against NLC by ValarDoharis: 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
They're corrupt more than this scale. Your sentiments against LP and PO is blinding you.

Is it the NASS that has been doing budget passing of over 500 billion in the past?
rtdCivilservant:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malami: Court Has Declared Bandits As Terrorists,gazetting To Be Concluded Soon / Ned Nwoko: Sowore Didn't Jump Bail, Lawyer's Arrest Illegal - Falana To Police / APC To Hold Ondo State Presidential Rally Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.