Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election (26639 Views)

The Tinubu That Attended Chicago State University Is Female” - Atiku To Tribunal / Tinubu Was Hosted By His Alma Mater, Chicago State University (Throwback Photos) / Chicago State University Reconfirms Tinubu's Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by DaTruths: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
Babysho:

As a Yoruba man, the truth is if we had Yoruba land, we can never consider Tinubu for presidency but because they wanted to win the fight against other tribes, any Yoruba at all would do, even the one of questionable identity.
Honestly, and that's why Nigeria has remained stagnant.
Tribal holding of power is more important to over 80% of Nigerians than asking for Development.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by DaTruths: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Johnthesuccess:

Oloriburuku oloshi,oonikure. Alayebaje.

Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Mukina

Rule 2.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by DaTruths: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Padipadi:

Why not tell your people to start doing anyhow to Yorubas and see how you and their lives ll spoil rapidly?
What Akwa Ibomites done for Nigerian unity? You dare speed against Yorubas. Na dog go chop ya mouth!
Whether you are Fulani slave or Hausa househelp or Igbo servants, all of you are mad. Those that voted Tinubu voted him not cos he's Yoruba but cos they believed in his ability. And if you have unhealing grudges, wait till 2027 election. All of you spewing trash statement that can breed genocide have forgotten that there ll be a time when your tribesman ll hold positions like hot seat and such treatment you gave others ll happen to you.

But Bro tell yourself the truth, even if Tinubu performs abysmal in this first tenure, you will still vote for him in second tenure.

But you can pretend to claim you voted for him because of his capacity, while in reality its all about tribe.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by DaTruths: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
joefelin2345:
So a Buffon like you have the efforntry & tenacity to conclude thay the Yoruba are 89% problem of this Shit hole called Nigeria simply bc Tinubu became the President. It is not your fault at all. It rain that paves way for lumping of chicken with doves. If not,how would a bush & foolish boy like you to open wide your dirty & smelling mouth against a whole race of people simply bc of action or inaction of few forgetting that a race is a race & a man is man. Better be careful of what you post next time around?

Well, the guy is right.

How can the same people that were against Goodluck Jonathan removal of subsidy, suddenly became in love with Removal of subsidy because it's Tinubu?

Brooo.. una people no dey try abeg, though not all sha.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by DaTruths: 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
UppaZakum:

Idiot! But y'all thumbprinted for jonathan in his second term bid despite the fact his administration was a total disater. Double-faced hypocrite!

Jonathan was voted for because Because Buhari was the worst option which he proved to be.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by DaTruths: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
maasoap:

Votes for Tinubu came from 5 regions out of 6 and you are still shouting tribal and religious sentiments, lol. People believed in him even though he might have turned out to be a big disappointment. But you have a faulty logic if you are still shouting sentiments.

Just the way Tinubu won in Rivers state because Wike has problems with being stealth? Lol.

What if i tell that its not only wike that did such?

Tinubu didn't win any Majority vote.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by FlawlessKarl: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

No wonder your life has been upside down grin
Nairaland begger.

If you like go and dig my ancestor out of the grave, it doesn't change the fact that YOrubas contributes to the overwhelming problems of this country and it doesn't change the fact that Tinubu is a compound fool, a senile and clueless mandate thief.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by shiwex: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
Manny21:
What
Not if you are a drug dealer
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Canberra55: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
UppaZakum:

Idiot! But y'all thumbprinted for jonathan in his second term bid despite the fact his administration was a total disater. Double-faced hypocrite!

His regime was even worse than APC's 8 years under Buhari sef. I short, Jonathan's regime has been the worst ever in all humanity. Eranko. Isi ewu.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Padipadi(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
DaTruths:

But Bro tell yourself the truth, even if Tinubu performs abysmal in this first tenure, you will still vote for him in second tenure.

But you can pretend to claim you voted for him because of his capacity, while in reality its all about tribe.
God forbid bad thing. If Tinubu failed in first term, he won't be voted for again. He's there now by merit.
Others too merit it but Tinubu got the highest votes which I want you and other obidients or atikulates or kwankwasiya to understand.
You and others are surprised majority of Yorubas united to support BAT. It's cos he's a performer. And we v seen the campaign of calumny you and others have rained against him. Just today, Chicago university confirmed that Tinubu graduated from their school. Hope you and others are now ashamed.
For your information, I m a Christian. So whether you are a fulani/Hausa, Igbo or Ijaw, muslim jihadists or a fellow Christian, I ll tell you lots of Christians voted Tinubu. If at the end of four years and he failed, he ll be voted out. Know this and know peace. No person should invite violence against Yorubas else that Nigeria and breakup you all clamour for ll happen with immediate alacrity!
Yorubas aren't eating excess in Nigeria. They v paid their dues and over paid sef cos they v produced losers of elections in the past and they never called for break up of the nation. Awolowo lost severally. Abiola's election was annulled. He was even imprisoned and died there. Obasanjo and Tinubu were beneficiaries of those labours of the past and them no born any tribe well in Nigeria to now come and quote rubbish cos they lost. Not even Hausa/Fulanis cos they are the main problem you ought to face!
Be warned!
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fearyourcreator: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
FlawlessKarl:
shocked

As Original Akwa Ibom son, from ONNA Local government, Ikot Edor Village. I want to state categorically, that Yorubas are the major problem of this sick country. They contributes to about 89% of the problems that bedeviled this country. My maximum respect to the few rational Yorubas.

How on earth will someone see a disaster like Tinubu and went ahead to vote because of tribal and religious sentiment.

The earlier we divide and go our separate ways the better. They can make Tinubu their life Yoruba nation president, who cares. This crook is embodiment of disgrace to this nation. Thief and crook with dilapidated body.
E fit be government stolen money them use raise this one now... Onikure
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fujiyama: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
zed7:
We're tired of all this Chicago nonsense. The man has won, let him serve. It's late now, let's move on.

^^^
It doesn't work that way.

The 'losers' were told to 'go to court'. And they did. wink
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fujiyama: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
Mosba:
"A CSU spokeswoman said the university can confirm the president graduated. However, it cannot authenticate the diploma because it is a ceremonial document that is not part of a student's official academic file"

The bolded part is why Atiku is wasting millions on Tinubu's educational record. But did Tinubu attended and graduated from CSU? Even by now Atiku himself know the answer is in affairmative.

^^^
grin

Ok.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by PaulH07: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
megamank:
This is why I will always not like the white… if this issue was to be in their own country affecting any of their own politician would they have handled it this way?
The west has always supported substandard leadership in Africa to enable them continue their indirect neocolonial rule in Africa…
When every they see a country in Africa rising up to them they find any means to distabilize their government. All they are asking is just to confirm an academic record and they are going back and front

And you honestly believe a 3rd class philosophy graduate who receives advice from mad men; or a corrupt former vice president contesting presidency probably before you were born; or a tribal and religious bigot are standard alternative choices to making Nigeria rise up to America?

You must be a gaddam joker meen! cheesy
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fujiyama: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
mayorlag:
I graduated from a University in the UK years ago and was issued a certificate which I scanned to keep a softcopy (I do with all documents). I misplaced the original and requested a new one from the same university, paid the fees and was issues a new one by the same university in the same year and signed by different people.

I think that the question should be and remain "Did he attend and graduated from the university?"

Note that I have no political affiliation to anybody but want to share my knowledge and experience.

^^^
undecided

You misplaced your original documents and a replacement set was issued to you. That's ok. Mistakes happen. Documents go missing. Hell, even people go missing sometimes.

The problem is this: you applied for a job and as part of the requirements, you tendered the replacement certificate issued by your university. Suddenly, your university claims in a public forum that it cannot confirm the authenticity of the certificate - the certificate it purportedly issued to you! What does that make you? undecided

Make it make sense.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Exceed15: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2023
If they can't authenticate it then the supreme court should do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fujiyama: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
Christistruth00:
Why would anyone submit a Fake certificate to INEC of a Degree he genuinely received

^^^
cheesy

That is the question on everyone's lips...and it isn't going away anytime soon.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fujiyama: 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
abidem4real:

Tinubu is an "akanda eniyan"; a person specially created by God for a distinct purpose. God wanted him to be president of Nigeria for a "purpose" and that's why he's there against all odds. Looking for what is not lost about him would simply account for efforts in futility because "you go explain tire"

^^^
cheesy

We are all "akanda eniyan". Every human was specially created by God for a distinct. purpose.

Nothing extra special about Tinubu. He is only a man.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fujiyama: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Christistruth00:
We know what we are saying

^^^
cheesy

Oh no you don't.

In open court, CSU counsel said that if his client were deposed to confirm the authenticity of Tinubu's certificate tendered to INEC, CSU would not be able to do so.

Do you understand what this means?
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fujiyama: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
VIKTO83:
CSU's lawyer, Michael Hayes, told Gilbert that the university wouldn't be able to certify Tinubu's diploma under oath.

A CSU spokeswoman said the university can confirm the president graduated. However, it cannot authenticate the diploma because it is a ceremonial document that is not part of a student's official academic file.

This is the basis at which tinubu will win the case. I'm not a lawyer but this case is simple as that.

^^^
Let me get this straight.

Your president submitted a diploma to INEC and his school says it cannot authenticate the diploma...because it is a "ceremonial document". undecided The great and wonderful CSU says it cannot authenticate a document (a document usually issued with a seal and official staff signatures) purportedly issued on the authority of its signatories, acting on behalf of CSU. What does that tell you? undecided

And your reasoned, thoughtful conclusion is that Tinubu will 'win the case' (whatever that means). grin.

Ok. We are watching. You could be right though - this is Nigeria we are talking about, after all.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by mayorlag: 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

You misplaced your original documents and a replacement set was issued to you. That's ok. Mistakes happen. Documents go missing. Hell, even people go missing sometimes.

The problem is this: you applied for a job and as part of the requirements, you tendered the replacement certificate issued by your university. Suddenly, your university claims in a public forum that it cannot confirm the authenticity of the certificate - the certificate it purportedly issued to you! What does that make you? undecided

Make it make sense.

I dont understand what you mean by "What does that make you"? Except your certificate has security features on it that can not be easily copied then I dont expect anyone in authority to confirm the authenticity of a copy without checking their records to validate what was presented which is even a copy of the original.

This is why you have document verification organizations.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by VIKTO83(m): 7:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
Even in the USA he will win the case.
Just keep the wake.

Fujiyama:

^^^
Let me get this straight.

Your president submitted a diploma to INEC and his school says it cannot authenticate the diploma...because it is a "ceremonial document". undecided The great and wonderful CSU says it cannot authenticate a document (a document usually issued with a seal and official staff signatures) purportedly issued on the authority of its signatories, acting on behalf of CSU. What does that tell you? undecided

And your reasoned, thoughtful conclusion is that Tinubu will 'win the case' (whatever that means). grin.

Ok. We are watching. You could be right though - this is Nigeria we are talking about, after all.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Fujiyama: 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
mayorlag:
I dont understand what you mean by "What does that make you"?

^^^
Your school is saying you do not have integrity. You know your school issued that replacement certificate - and the same school is saying that it cannot authenticate a document that it issued? undecided If I were a student placed in that position I would be furious and the school would meet me in court.

mayorlag:
Except your certificate has security features on it that can not be easily copied then I dont expect anyone in authority to confirm the authenticity of a copy without checking their records to validate what was presented which is even a copy of the original.

This is why you have document verification organizations.

^^^
There you go. You've said it all. I can tell you for free that certificates typically have the seal of the institution embossed on the document - and the certificate also has signatures of approved signatories. What stops CSU from doing what you have said - i.e. checking their records to compare with the certificate Tinubu tendered to INEC? How hard can it be to do that? undecided Instead, the university says it cannot (under oath) confirm the authenticity of the INEC tendered diploma.

CSU is speaking from both sides of its mouth.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Christistruth00: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
cheesy

Oh no you don't.

In open court, CSU counsel said that if his client were deposed to confirm the authenticity of Tinubu's certificate tendered to INEC, CSU would not be able to do so.

Do you understand what this means?

Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Barzinime(m): 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
So obi didn't win again?
It was the Yorubas that voted for Tinubu are nowthe problem?
You guys are confused lots
FlawlessKarl:
shocked

As Original Akwa Ibom son, from ONNA Local government, Ikot Edor Village. I want to state categorically, that Yorubas are the major problem of this sick country. They contributes to about 89% of the problems that bedeviled this country. My maximum respect to the few rational Yorubas.

How on earth will someone see a disaster like Tinubu and went ahead to vote because of tribal and religious sentiment.

The earlier we divide and go our separate ways the better. They can make Tinubu their life Yoruba nation president, who cares. This crook is embodiment of disgrace to this nation. Thief and crook with dilapidated body.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by DaTruths: 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Padipadi:

God forbid bad thing. If Tinubu failed in first term, he won't be voted for again. He's there now by merit.
Others too merit it but Tinubu got the highest votes which I want you and other obidients or atikulates or kwankwasiya to understand.
You and others are surprised majority of Yorubas united to support BAT. It's cos he's a performer. And we v seen the campaign of calumny you and others have rained against him. Just today, Chicago university confirmed that Tinubu graduated from their school. Hope you and others are now ashamed.
For your information, I m a Christian. So whether you are a fulani/Hausa, Igbo or Ijaw, muslim jihadists or a fellow Christian, I ll tell you lots of Christians voted Tinubu. If at the end of four years and he failed, he ll be voted out. Know this and know peace. No person should invite violence against Yorubas else that Nigeria and breakup you all clamour for ll happen with immediate alacrity!
Yorubas aren't eating excess in Nigeria. They v paid their dues and over paid sef cos they v produced losers of elections in the past and they never called for break up of the nation. Awolowo lost severally. Abiola's election was annulled. He was even imprisoned and died there. Obasanjo and Tinubu were beneficiaries of those labours of the past and them no born any tribe well in Nigeria to now come and quote rubbish cos they lost. Not even Hausa/Fulanis cos they are the main problem you ought to face!
Be warned!

God forbid?

How come Buhari failed in his first Tenure, but was still voted massively for by the Yorubas im his reelection? 😢
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by Laughthem: 12:53am On Sep 16, 2023
megamank:
This is why I will always not like the white… if this issue was to be in their own country affecting any of their own politician would they have handled it this way?
The west has always supported substandard leadership in Africa to enable them continue their indirect neocolonial rule in Africa…
When every they see a country in Africa rising up to them they find any means to distabilize their government. All they are asking is just to confirm an academic record and they are going back and front

You're one of the very rare intelligent person on this platform, here's my opinion.....

I would like all obedient to create a post on FB, INSTAGRAM or TWITTER to go viral just to let both USA and UK know we understand completely how they have been supporting evils in Africa while they act like saint please 🙏 someone should come with a meaningful plan because I think that's the only way out we need to unite and stand against both USA and UK and it will make sense if we make use of a viral post that will be able to change there advance colonisation. THANK YOU imagine FBI coming here to arrest the way them like they know what's good and bad but they will pretend as if they don't since it's not affecting them.

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by megamank(m): 6:24am On Sep 16, 2023
Laughthem:

You're one of the very rare intelligent person on this platform, here's my opinion.....

I would like all obedient to create a post on FB, INSTAGRAM or TWITTER to go viral just to let both USA and UK know we understand completely how they have been supporting evils in Africa while they act like saint please 🙏 someone should come with a meaningful plan because I think that's the only way out we need to unite and stand against both USA and UK and it will make sense if we make use of a viral post that will be able to change there advance colonisation. THANK YOU imagine FBI coming here to arrest the way them like they know what's good and bad but they will pretend as if they don't since it's not affecting them.

This is really annoying… see them now just trying by all means to protect the image of the Chicago university not minding the damage this is doing to Nigeria having a president with questionable credentials… they are just try to coverup for either their errors or cover up for Tinubu so they can use same to manipulate him into agreeing anything in the future.
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by megamank(m): 6:28am On Sep 16, 2023
PaulH07:

And you honestly believe a 3rd class philosophy graduate who receives advice from mad men; or a corrupt former vice president contesting presidency probably before you were born; or a tribal and religious bigot are standard alternative choices to making Nigeria rise up to America?

You must be a gaddam joker meen! cheesy
Wake up… we have longed passed this stage…
We are currently seeking the best for our nation and not working for any politically score card… the suffer never reach you I guess … when it gets to you you will understand that Nigeria is greater than polical party or tribe…
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by megamank(m): 6:31am On Sep 16, 2023
Sonyboom:
You don't like how black handle it
Now you don't like how white also handled it

Would you have red green n purple handle it the way it should suit your foolish soul.

See how low you just brought your self… you can make your point known without abuse… some of you cannot engage in a debate for 5 min without throwing tantrums… just a simple comment you have lost your cool… keep it up.. it will get you somewhere someday
Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by megamank(m): 6:35am On Sep 16, 2023
ogbonti:

I quite understand your position and i am not by any stretch saying you are wrong - you are very correct - the western world will not lift a finger to help us do anything for ourself

But why do we keep blaming them for our own stupi duty? was the western world the people who gave judgement. at PEPT ? even with the mountain of evidence we have in Nigeria as to how the election was rigged, blurred results and intimidation of voters, EU Report ? why can’t the judges annul the elections ? Or you think the western governments do not see what we as Nigerians are doing to ourselves in Nigeria ? they can not cry more than the bereaved - we are a sovereign nation and there is a limit to which they can interfere.

When America had their own issues in the 1960’s when civil rights riots peaked, and the likes of Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Bobbie Kennedy were killed and all that vietnam war issue happened, they found their country in crisis - and they looked themselves in the eye and told themselves the truth that something is definitely not working and change needs to happen and happen immediately

A president elected (Lyndon Johnson) announced he will not seek re-election, in 1968 - A president duly elected for second term (Richard Nixon) resigned over watergate in 1974.. these 2 were both democrat and republican presidents getting consumed by the shakedown within a space of 6 years of political rejuvenation - because the “American” people stood their grounds - and decided they won’t take nonsense from their leaders- in 1968, both democrats and republicans condemned the war in vietnam and the way President Johnson handled it and the president announced he won’t seek re-election- and when watergate scandal broke, both republican and democrat lawmakers found a common voice and called on President Nixon to resign or be thrown out…… Nigerians didn’t need to go help them in America, Americans did it for themselves and for the future generations to come, this is why America is today a choice destination for those wanting to japa because the system works —// so ask yourself this simple question - How many APC lawmakers have called on Tinubu to resign or urge the courts to annul the election of Tinubu because of the mountain of irregularities of the February 25 Presidential elections ? just like American republican lawmakers did in 1974 with President Nixon ?

Here we love shifting blame to some other person for the very things we fail to do. You think if the PEPT justices see that at least 1 million Nigerians are outside in the street of Abuja holding a rally (even if it’s a peaceful rally) awaiting the judgement) - you think they will have the effrontery to insult the opposition lawyers they way they did while delivering that judgement ? agreed they may still have delivered the judgement that the Tinubu Presidential Legal Team (TPLT) wrote for them - but they won’t be that brazen to talk down on the opposition lawyers, party and voters

UNTIL we as NIgerians start to tell ourselves the truth and be willing to march and walk and speak against evil regardless of which tribe or religion is doing it, so long will calamity rock the administration of this country FULL STOP

You just said it all… this cannot be well explained more than u just stated..
The suffer never tire us reach… I guess when em tire is we would know what to do…

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Caught In Dispute Over Nigeria's Presidential Election by megamank(m): 6:39am On Sep 16, 2023
maasoap:

You guys should stop crying for sanity's sake!
Do not worry…. The same rain that is falling in sokoto will also fall in shagamu but maybe in different time and different days… when the suffer reach you or your family member u will know that there is problem somewhere… hope u guys can still say buhari is the best? Or has it changes? Ur leaders said he was a failure o… as baba and Oshio.. na them talk am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Campaigns In Gombe (Photos) / PDP Can’t Continue With ‘imposition Of Candidates’ — David Mark / Gara-Gombe: Aisha Buhari Wanted Amokachi As Sports Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.