Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? (10737 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Please try to ask those around you instead --, your parents included-- or use gofundme. Nairaland is not set up for such requests. undecided

Alright.. thanks for your time ...

🀦🀦🀦🀦
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by IamOrei(m): 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
My dad.....he was always available.. he was never too tired to put u through whatever u dnt knw. He was so understanding that when he realised u are ignorant of somtin, he would come around to educate u with luv. He was that 1 person who would have ur back when everyone else condemn u; He never made jest of/taunt anyone.
HE WAS A TEACHER & A CUSTODIAN OF CULTURE

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Ewedegubbler: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Those who lost their father to food poisoning by village people make Una gather here

I know say Una plenty well well
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kindness, loyalty, truthfulness, caring, toughness.

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by omoyeni37: 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hardworking and humility

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Sirbruno3000(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Thanks. Our case must be different. We must become better fathers. Amen.
minakom:

God is indeed awesome. I'm happy you're liberated

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by abbasajao(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
Trustworthiness to the core

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by KingMack(m): 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
Evestar200:
I didn't grow up to see or know my Father's habits cry cry cry.

I lost my Father to poisoning when i was three years and six months. ( December 21st is an unforgettable date in my life) cry cry cry cry

Am so so sorry πŸ˜”
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
please could someone kindly help me with 2k
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by harjay1986: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
YoungLionken:
https://www.nairaland.com/7840982/what-habits-did-see-father

The epistle below, is the direct opposite of the link above..

For some of us, our fathers have been a great pillar and influence in our lives, through the foundation of discipline they laid..

For me specifically, my father never joked with our education, he so valued education that he would rather respond positively to child A's educational needs than child B's other needs..

I really appreciate him now for all those days he scolded/reprimanded me, whenever I go wrong (you know sometimes as a child, you are wrong yet you don't know, thinking they hate you for no reason cool ). I tell you, if not for those strong/solid measures he placed as a yoke upon me, only God knows what would have become of me. That's why, when people talk about addiction, especially to harmful substance, I can't relate, all thanks to my dad..

Another thing is, I got to understand (or at least have an idea) about God's love, through my dad. Was the shouting, whooping of my ass, punishment, etc not there? Of course yes, it was! As I grew, I knew the difference between being chastised for a wrong and wickedness..

Also, my father married only my mother. Although, I wanted to abolish this by marrying more than one woman (majority of our ladies, just the biblical wine, are turning into something else these days. The best way to correct/contain them without stress is by adding to them), but my father's legacy of "one man one woman" must stand..

Another thing I like about my father is that, he doesn't take advice from any of us ( it's common and normal with most African parents smiley ), but when he begins to sense wisdom and what you told him initially, coming to past. Next time, he would listen, lol..

In conclusion, by God's grace, I will make sure I uphold the wonderful things I learnt from my dad, pass same down to my kids cool..

Written so much, let me stop here...

Non.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Error401: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
Responsibility and homeliness
My dad takes responsibility of the home and he hardly goes out aside his work place. 4-5 pm hes back. He doesn't cheat too, but I don't think I can sustain that, I have to.

YoungLionken:
https://www.nairaland.com/7840982/what-habits-did-see-

Written so much, let me stop here...
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by EthanSly: 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2023
My father was an alcoholic, drinks to stupor even in old age, a chronic womanizer that dnt mind to spend his pension on them before thinking family..
The only good thing about him is the fact he doesn't hide his feelings and made sure he trained his children in school as long as you want to study..

He wasn't a man to emulate

4 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Sweetvie: 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2023
Intelligence

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by ojasweb(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
#1. is generosity. I am glad i took that from him.

#2. fearless and determined. My dad never attended primary school but can go anywhere.

#.3 extremely responsible. He has multiple wives and children and he made sure that all his children are educated.

There's definitely more traits of this great man that i will keep.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by integrity16(m): 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
My dad was extremely wise and caring. I remember when I was to write my Junior waec in secondary school, I had been chased out for not paying, while my classmates were busy writing their papers in class.

I was outside thinking and already given up on education partly because my dad had been struggling financially at the time so he was unable to pay our fees then. So I exercised faith by going to school on the exam day thinking maybe they'd allow me write if I begged them.

So as I was outside looking hopeless and it was already 15mins remaining for the exam to be over, suddenly my dad just crashed through the school gates from no where, grabbed my hands.. oya to the bursary office there and then he paid all the fees I was owing... Encouraged me to make sure I finished the paper within the little time remaining, Omo that was the fastest exam I wrote and passed.

He eventually made it in 2010, built 6 houses, one in Lagos and 5 houses in Abuja, he got the opportunity to further train his children academically and today we are all doing well for ourselves. My two brothers are both citizens in the USA and United Kingdom.

The one bad news is that he never got to enjoy the fruit of his labour as he died in August, 2014. Our mom left us to marry another man when the going became very tough so dad trained us single handedly but then forgiveness made us bring her back and now she's the enjoy us as the only parent we have.

Even though my younger ones would hesitate to send money to her, I would be the one to appeal to them to let bygones be bygones.

5 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by oblolu4u: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Evestar200:
I didn't grow up to see or know my Father's habits cry cry cry.

I lost my Father to poisoning when i was three years and six months. ( December 21st is an unforgettable date in my life) cry cry cry cry

Same happened to me. My beloved father was poisoned by His family. Sept 16, 1988. Rest in peace. Solomon O. O

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Hassan88(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
His pure love for children, his generosity, his selflessness, and of course his bad mouth πŸ˜† πŸ˜†. I see those traits in me now! I love you, Dad, may your gentle soul continue to rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Evestar200(f): 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
oblolu4u:

Same happened to me. My beloved father was poisoned by His family. Sept 16, 1988. Rest in peace. Solomon O. O
Mine was poisoned by a Neighbour. The neighbour didn't live for up to three months after the death of my Father according to my Mom.

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by AllLovingGod: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kindness, goodness and a very large heart. That man is too generous to a fault.

Dad, may you continue to rest in the bossom of the Almighty God, Amen.
We love you.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by folake4u(f): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
1. Hustling spirit.
2. Diligence.
3. Honesty and Trustworthy.
4. Kindness.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Peskid147: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Calmness and fully dependant on GOD

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Lukaku12: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
My Dad's love for education was topnotch. He went back to study law at 55. I am currently running my second degree with the intention of studying law after my master's degree program

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Faithy04: 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
Simplicity, dilligence and Faith

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Pharaohny: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
Discipline
Intellect
Touch of moralistic consciousness
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Chukwunonso1: 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
Almost everybody's father here make sense.
Whose fathers are those wicked men out there troubling the world...

I have no legacy from my father. He's hardly right but always thinks he is. Shows little or no care, respect and honors no one, corrupt and ungodly.

I genuinely love him though, but him no sent anybody

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Diligent1(f): 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
My dad is a very caring man, I give my dad money before my mum, as a muslim we are to care for our mum before our father but in this situation, I can't help it my dad is more caring.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by hansomb: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Miravik900:
I dislike my dad I don’t love anything about him
May Allah have mercy on your soul. Don't forget no matter what if truly he's your father, there's a DNA of him in you and pray you don't repeat the same mistake He did. The only way to achieve that is to forgive and forget.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
My father is a great man who forgives beyond measures the wrongs of others and he relate with them as if nothing happened, he lived a long and blissful life. sad I WISH WE CAN DO SAME IN NAIJA. sad
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Menclothing: 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lover of God
Always speak the truth

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Mavinsoladele(m): 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
Aba faith, i loved the way he disciplines us whenever we err and he never wants us to suffer. Even though he doesn't have a stable job, he makes sure he takes care of his family in any way he can.

Also generous to a fault, a characteristic none of we his children took from him grin. I'm a stingy koko, likewise my siblings.

But my pman dey beat sha ooo... I remember the day he beat my elder sis with cutlass. Terrible day.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by NohurryInLife: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
1. If you're deceiving others, don't deceive yourself
2. If man never reach where e dey go, journey continues
3. No competition in destiny I.e kosi idije ninu ayanmo
4. If them say person pass you, you sef pass some ppl
5. If we no die, you still fit pick up.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Acidosis(m): 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
1. A man after God's heart/ a prayer machine. I have never seen him go a day without praying. He wakes up as early as 2 am, praying and speaking in tongues until it's time for morning devotion.

My prayer life is a mess right now... embarassed embarassed

2. His love for knowledge. He fills the entire house with books. Growing up, my dad would buy, e.g., 40 faith-based books, call a photographer, and you know the rest. He's never tired of reading lipsrsealed

3. His love for his children/daughters-in-law. There is nothing he wouldn't give

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! / How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.