Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? (10735 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by mariahAngel(f): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
minakom:

Ma, I have only managed to find peace and happiness all thanks to my heavenly father. He's been my bed and my rock. He's been the best father to me and my siblings and husband to my mommy.

Man may reject you, but God can never reject you.
God loves you, wants you, and has a purpose for your life which only you can fulfill.
You're special to God. His special creation.

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Anunakeeh:
■ You are the only one who had the Courage to step forward and post this truth. Believe it or not. Most nigerian fathers are very useless sadistic beings. If there are many great fathers, nigeria would have been a flourishing nation. Only very few among them are caring and responsible.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by minakom: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
mariahAngel:

Man may reject you, but God can never reject you.
God loves you, wants you, and has a purpose for your life which only you can fulfill.
You're special to God. His special creation.
Thanks so much for your kind words. You've made my day ma. I'm happy and grateful ma

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
UnknownT:
[b]Minding his business, no dey quarrel with anyone, punctuality, truthfulness[/b]
That is actually not a good trait to have. Look around. Mind your business is why communities across Nigeria no dey too develop past the fence of each person's house. COmpare that to communities abroad where you will see even the streets and neighbors developed by those in the community coming together to mind the business of the neighborhood. Even when it comes to security, do not under estimate the effectiveness of the neighborhood watch. undecided
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is the scariest part of it, you mean? undecided

Yes and my late dad doesn't forgive he can kill self without any remorse showing in him but i am far from that because i forgive and forget easily, i live a very free life easy going no time
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by UnknownT: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is actually not a good trait to have. Look around. Mind your business is why communities across Nigeria no dey too develop past the fence of each person's house. COmpare that to communities abroad where you will see even the streets and neighbors developed by those in the community coming together to mind the business of the neighborhood. Even when it comes to security, do not under estimate the effectiveness of the neighborhood watch. undecided
Oga talk wetin you wan learn from your papa and leave me alone

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:

kobojunkie

could you kindly help me with 2k pls
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
DaddyGngeess:
Yes and my late dad doesn't forgive he can kill self without any remorse showing in him but i am far from that because i forgive and forget easily, i live a very free life easy going no time
I knew it! Immediately I saw your first comment, I was immediately reminded of the THE ICEMAN movie(a movie about Richard Leonard Kuklinski) I saw some years ago. That movie caused me to take a second look at my neighbors and friends. undecided
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
PrinceofAgoAre:
.■ kobojunkie could you kindly help me with 2k pls
I have been happily unemployed since October of 2020. Where exactly do I go get 2k to give you from? undecided
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by victory36(m): 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Calmness and wisdom even in the midst of a storm.

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Bfly: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
Y'all Keep painting the same fathers you sometimes resent for real.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Bfly:
Y'all Keep painting the same fathers you sometimes resent for real.

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I have been happily unemployed since October of 2020. Where exactly do I go get 2k to give you from? undecided

Realistically, it's hard to believe this but I'm begging anyways...

please
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
PrinceofAgoAre:
Realistically, it's hard to believe this but I'm begging anyways... please
My life is less realistic than yours? undecided
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by dontrulee: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
IconicR:
Generosity, I've never seen such kind of man so generous and caring to a fault

His listening ears is top notch, he always have solutions to your problems and very rich in wisdom

He appears very tough but has a golden heart

I wish to take after him on these qualities.

Such a nice father you have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by dontrulee: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:

You dey talk with your tongue in your cheek, no go mind your business make dem tear you correct slap. Dey there dey play grin grin
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
My life is less realistic than yours? undecided
I agree ...

I'm still begging pls
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
PrinceofAgoAre:
I agree ... I'm still begging pls
Wrong person! undecided
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by izonborn098(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hahahahaha'' that is the work of junki here..
UnknownT:
Oga talk wetin you wan learn from your papa and leave me alone
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wrong person! undecided

you really don't have to be like this.. deep down somewhere in you, I know you're a nice person ...

pls help out, show you kindness unto a starving soul... Thank you .

should I drop my details

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
dontrulee:

Such a nice father you have
Yes ooo
One in a million
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Sirbruno3000(m): 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
If only we can choose our fathers. Mine held us down through diabolic means, but i thank God for deliverance. Some parents are just pure evil.
minakom:
I don't have anything specific to mention about my father. He is a malevolent person. He chased us from his life two decades ago. I wouldn't follow the same path as he and abandon my wife and children. The only father figure I acknowledge now is the one seated in heaven, the "I am that I am."

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
PrinceofAgoAre:
■ you really don't have to be like this.. deep down somewhere in you, I know you're a nice person ...

pls help out, show you kindness unto a starving soul... Thank you . should I drop my details
Go get a job or something doing and stop disturbing me. undecided
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by dontrulee: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
I'm indifferent.
Whether good habit or bad habit, it doesn't concern me.
My dad has a lot of good qualities.
1. He's humourous: I took that part from him too, you can't be around my dad and be sad, it's impossible. The way he jokes and plays melts the heart and that's why he's healthier and looks younger everyday. But when he's angry, everyone becomes scared but he's worked on it to an extent.

2. He is a badass cook: My Dad loves cooking, something I never imbibed from him despite being his carbon copy. My dad is an expert chef and he cooks everyday despite his cooking schedule, he cooks far better than my Mum. For me, I never cooked once in my stay in the university, yeah I didn't cook for about 5years +. I was always ordering food outside and buying food. Cooking is just not my thing

3. A lover of God: although coming from a Muslim background, my dad came to know Christ in his late 20's before getting married and he's a fervent Christian. His faith and belief is topnotch.

4. Responsible: My Dad is highly responsible, he's a family Man and that's a plus.

5. An all rounder: That's what my Mum calls him, although a lawyer by profession, my Dad has expertise in almost any field you can think of, he knows about carpentry and has the tools, he knows about architecture, bricklaying, he can repair his cars himself, an electrician. Anything, he's practical. He reads a lot of books and he has a lot of hand on skills. This makes it very difficult for "skilled men" to cheat him since he knows about it. And yes, he is a great footballer.

4 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by minakom: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
Sirbruno3000:
If only we can choose our fathers. Mine held us down through diabolic means, but i thank God for deliverance. Some parents are just pure evil.
God is indeed awesome. I'm happy you're liberated
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by 6ixT8: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
Integrity to certain fault tho.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Go get a job or something doing and stop disturbing me. undecided

I'm about to start one ... that's why I'm asking for just 2k even though I clearly need more ...

I just need it keep me whole while I phase through the job ... pls
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by naija1stnigar(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
My father left a lot of good legacies and one of the things that I learnt from him and will continue to do is that no matter how hungry he was he has never for once finished the food on his table, many times he would share the meats while eating or he eats some and share the rest amongst his children, or eat and call us to go eat the food and the rest of the meats. It means that for everything I do for myself I must do for my kids even if they Don't ask for it.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
PrinceofAgoAre:
■ I'm about to start one ... that's why I'm asking for just 2k even though I clearly need more ... I just need it keep me whole while I phase through the job ... pls
And you feel disturbing absolute strangers is the way to go? undecided
I am unemployed yet you think it makes sense for you who claim to have employment lined up to ask me for money? undecided
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And you feel disturbing absolute strangers is the way to go? undecided
no..... I know it's wrong .. but life give us no options most times and one just has to make tough choice. ..

Others in my position would've resolved to theft which is also a tough choice but I'd rather ask a random stranger for help than go into vices to that would furtherly wreck my life ..

I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you.. but I just only need your help...
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by GboyegaD(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
Humility, he is as humble as the word itself if you approach him the right way however, if you come to him hauntingly, chai, he will put you in your place.
Hard work, he was very hardworking however, he had his downside in that he wouldn't take risk which indirectly, makes him a laid-back person. He was one of those who believed so much in Nigeria and I wouldn't blame him because it seems in his growing up years, Nigeria worked for him.
Trustworthiness, he is a very trustworthy and loyal fellow to a fault.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
PrinceofAgoAre:
no..... I know it's wrong .. but life give us no options most times and one just has to make tough choice. ..
Others in my position would've resolved to theft which is also a tough choice but I'd rather ask a random stranger for help than go into vices to that would furtherly wreck my life ..
I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you.. but I just only need your help...
Please try to ask those around you instead --, your parents included-- or use gofundme. Nairaland is not set up for such requests. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija / What Is The Best Brand Of Freezer To Buy In Nigeria? / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.