Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? (10736 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Afeezcoay(m): 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
Humility

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
Miravik900:
I dislike my dad I don’t love anything about him
smiley
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2023
EDOSBROWN:
Fatherhood is a priceless privileged, no one can fill the vacuum of a father, no matter how hard they try....

No one can fill the vacuum of a good father and not just a father. Any man can be a father, but it takes great strength and intentionality to be a good father.

9 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Classic07(m): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2023
Stocking house with foodstuff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by skup008(m): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Humility and patience.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Allisgud: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
I will never forget this quote my father always say to my 8 year old self,he will say if u make book ur best friend book will like u too
I think that's what makes me like reading

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by fineberry(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
Not entice by peoples food, no matter the food people bring to us during festive period my dad will just look away and allow us finish everything. He will just ask "have you prayed on it" and that's all. Be won't eat . grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Skyehigher1: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
My father is the best father in the world I always cherish my father... His good character... Caring.. hardworking, brilliant, calmed my father is everything good in this world... I go far and near I don't see any good father like my father....

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Jokerman(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
• Lover of God and his precepts
• Kindheartedness and strong will
• Intelligence
• Faithfulness, Caring and Lover of his family
• Man of his words

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by gucci20(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
YoungLionken:
https://www.nairaland.com/7840982/what-habits-did-see-father

The epistle below, is the direct opposite of the link above..

For some of us, our fathers have been a great pillar and influence in our lives, through the foundation of discipline they laid..

For me specifically, my father never joked with our education, he so valued education that he would rather respond positively to child A's educational needs than child B's other needs..

I really appreciate him now for all those days he scolded/reprimanded me, whenever I go wrong (you know sometimes as a child, you are wrong yet you don't know, thinking they hate you for no reason cool ). I tell you, if not for those strong/solid measures he placed as a yoke upon me, only God knows what would have become of me. That's why, when people talk about addiction, especially to harmful substance, I can't relate, all thanks to my dad..

Another thing is, I got to understand (or at least have an idea) about God's love, through my dad. Was the shouting, whooping of my ass, punishment, etc not there? Of course yes, it was! As I grew, I knew the difference between being chastised for a wrong and wickedness..

Also, my father married only my mother. Although, I wanted to abolish this by marrying more than one woman (majority of our ladies, just the biblical wine, are turning into something else these days. The best way to correct/contain them without stress is by adding to them), but my father's legacy of "one man one woman" must stand..

Another thing I like about my father is that, he doesn't take advice from any of us ( it's common and normal with most African parents smiley ), but when he begins to sense wisdom and what you told him initially, coming to past. Next time, he would listen, lol..

In conclusion, by God's grace, I will make sure I uphold the wonderful things I learnt from my dad, pass same down to my kids cool..

Written so much, let me stop here...

Honesty, loyalty, commitment and humility etc

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by KingTom(m): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
Forgiveness, this man forgave and ate with men who poisoned him and openly admitted to doing so.. As for me, na wuwa ika o grin I dey do old testament things grin

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by izonborn098(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
You are right' that's why many women understand their husband to any extent... Reasons old marriages hardly crash...
kuntash:
its called traits .

sometimes its your mum that sees it better in you

2 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by tydi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
talented321:
With my loud..
While dollar keep the vibe ''Rise'' going..
Even if he never plenty, is a must..

*That zeal to see his children succeed, he want all his children to be ahead of him..
You are safe with him, he will never mind to risk his life for the safety of his children.
Education minded...
My papa use his salary to pay my debt for 3 good years..
Papa no worry more gifts and blessing on the way coming....

You have to keep loud most time and show him real love make you no go like your loud pass your papa.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
That man, hhmmmm, there is nothing anyone can do that will make him angry, he was always happy to the extent he was nicknamed happy man very calm person, how i wish i can be like that but is too difficult in this our era

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Okwyjesus(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
YoungLionken:

For some of us, our fathers have been a great pillar and influence in our lives, through the foundation of discipline they laid..

For me specifically, my father never joked with our education, he so valued education that he would rather respond positively to child A's educational needs than child B's other needs..

I really appreciate him now for all those days he scolded/reprimanded me, whenever I go wrong (you know sometimes as a child, you are wrong yet you don't know, thinking they hate you for no reason cool ). I tell you, if not for those strong/solid measures he placed as a yoke upon me, only God knows what would have become of me. That's why, when people talk about addiction, especially to harmful substance, I can't relate, all thanks to my dad..

Another thing is, I got to understand (or at least have an idea) about God's love, through my dad. Was the shouting, whooping of my ass, punishment, etc not there? Of course yes, it was! As I grew, I knew the difference between being chastised for a wrong and wickedness..

Also, my father married only my mother. Although, I wanted to abolish this by marrying more than one woman (majority of our ladies, just the biblical wine, are turning into something else these days. The best way to correct/contain them without stress is by adding to them), but my father's legacy of "one man one woman" must stand..

Another thing I like about my father is that, he doesn't take advice from any of us ( it's common and normal with most African parents smiley ), but when he begins to sense wisdom and what you told him initially, coming to past. Next time, he would listen, lol..

In conclusion, by God's grace, I will make sure I uphold the wonderful things I learnt from my dad, pass same down to my kids cool..

Workaholic. More than one skilled profession.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
DaddyGngeess:
That man, hhmmmm, there is nothing anyone can do that will make him angry, he was always happy to the extent he was nicknamed happy man very calm person, how i wish i can be like that but is too difficult in this our era
Those calm ones who always seem happy all the time are typically the most dangerous ooo!

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Levels1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
My father of blessed memory.

He's a human being and never a perfect person as it only God almighty that is perfect.

My father do anyway with all materials things just to satisfy US.

We are twenty and the list educated is B.sc holder and one is immediate past commissioner in Ogun state cabinet.

Not everyone of us is gainfully employed but we never lack.

He's late but we still eat from his investments

Honestly speaking my first million was a rent I collected from is estate.

I can't forget is word whenever i inflate fees: I know you are lying but then remember the son of whom you are and face your studies.

I can't forget my matriculation / Conv day, he was so excited and happy UNAAB .

Anyways I'm glad I was able to reciprocate same to my kids.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by MrDoGood(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Gentleness and generosity.

Generosity, I'm trying.

But I dey overdo when e plenty for my hand

Gentleness, I'm learning how to.

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by imbless: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
The habit of not going to my mum's kitchen to dish food for himself, even when he's the one that cooked the food.

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by femison32(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
[quote author=Evestar200 post=125805386]I didn't grow up to see or know my Father's habits cry cry cry.

I lost my Father to poisoning when i was three years and six months. ( December 21st is an unforgettable date in my life) cry cry cry cry[/quo

Sorry about that 🙏🙏🙏
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Nairas2dollars: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
YoungLionken:

Fear of God and very hardworking but I hate it's humble nature so much! Am opposite of him in humility aspect!
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by mariahAngel(f): 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
minakom:
I don't have anything specific to mention about my father. He is a malevolent person. He chased us from his life two decades ago. I wouldn't follow the same path as he and abandon my wife and children. The only father figure I acknowledge now is the one seated in heaven, the "I am that I am."

Sorry. sad

You know, it is a very big deal you believe in God.
Especially since your dad was not a good role model.
I've always thought that people with your kind of experience find it difficult to believe in God and in His love because they cannot relate, since they did not experience the love and protection of their earthly father.
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Anunakeeh: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
Miravik900:
I dislike my dad I don’t love anything about him

You are the only one who had the Courage to step forward and post this truth. Even some of them posting on this topic have sadist and authoritarian fathers but they choose to be deceiving themselves.

Believe it or not. Most nigerian fathers are very useless sadistic beings. Assuming there were many great fathers, nigeria would have been a flourishing and great nation.

Only very few among them are caring and responsible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by UnknownT: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
Minding his business, no dey quarrel with anyone, punctuality, truthfulness

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by IMWest: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

No one can fill the vacuum of a good father and not just a father. Anyone can be a father, but it takes great strength and intentionality to be a good father.

I like how you think already. Well done 👍

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by minakom: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
mariahAngel:

Sorry. sad

You know, it is a very big deal you believe in God.
Especially since your dad was not a good role model.
I've always thought that people with your kind of experience find it difficult to believe in God and in His love because they cannot relate, since they did not experience the love and protection of their earthly father.
Ma, I have only managed to find peace and happiness all thanks to my heavenly father. He's been my bed and my rock. He's been the best father to me and my siblings and husband to my mommy.

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
IMWest:

I like how you think already. Well done 👍

🤗
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Btruth: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
Evestar200:
I didn't grow up to see or know my Father's habits cry cry cry.

I lost my Father to poisoning when i was three years and six months. ( December 21st is an unforgettable date in my life) cry cry cry cry
so sorry 😔
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Those calm ones who always seem happy all the time are typically the most dangerous ooo!

Is better like that, nobody can predict you i am almost like that
Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
imbless:
The habit of not going to my mum's kitchen to dish food for himself, even when he's the one that cooked the food.
That is a silly habit though! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Btruth: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2023
Mine was his patience. That man was to quiet and gentle. How much I missed him....😢. He passed on at the age of 65.

Sun re ooo Baba mii 😭😭😭

3 Likes

Re: What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2023
DaddyGngeess:
■ Is better like that, nobody can predict you i am almost like that
That is the scariest part of it, you mean? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija / What Is The Best Brand Of Freezer To Buy In Nigeria? / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.