Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor (46542 Views)

Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) / Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN / PDP Group Hails Shema's Emergence As Consensus Nominee For National Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Think9ja(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
garfield1:

Look at his CV in the other thread

You no read wetin I write abi!??
His PR team abi government PR team have done justice to the resume.

I contacted a resume writing service to write my resume for me and even I didn't believe that was for me.

So forget
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by enemyofprogress: 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
Congratulations uncle. It's our turn to chop. Now I can marry earthrub and then japa out of the country with millions of dollars in my account.
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by garfield1: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
Think9ja:

You no read wetin I write abi!??
His PR team abi government PR team have done justice to the resume.

I contacted a resume writing service to write my resume for me and even I didn't believe that was for me.

So forget

Oga,the two threads came together.or are you telling us that he lied about all those places? Guy,those of us that have followed tinubu for ages know cardoso.forget am,the man is loaded

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Metrofox(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
Acekidc4:

95% are highly Competent!!

Hehe... go worship your god
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Think9ja(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,the two threads came together.or are you telling us that he lied about all those places? Guy,those of us that have followed tinubu for ages know cardoso.forget am,the man is loaded

Your problem na understanding I swear.
Nobody is disputing the fact that he is or is not loaded. His biggest achievements are not in the financial or economic sectors. Him cv dry for a CBN Governor.

All those write up na wash.

More like Peter Obi.
Man is empty upstairs but somehow he knows how to Chun out dubious figures because he knows majority of our people get easily carried away by those kind of things

Simply put, Mr. Cardoso is not qualified to hold that position. Some of his deputy even look more qualified.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Abifarin16: 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
Hmm, the audacity at which Nigerian Presidents of APC carry out their nepotism is really disturbing.

How can Tinubu continue on the same nepotistic leadership style of Buhari and Yorubas are clapping for him that all is well?

CBN Governor Yorub!
Chief of Army Staff Yoruba

Customs Boss Yoruba
Prisons Boss Yoruba
Chief of Staff Yoruba
FIRS Boss Yoruba
NIMC Boss Yoruba
Police IG Yoruba
Etc

Etc
Etc

This is gradual destruction of Nigeria's diversity and rubbishing of federal character

Na Yoruba start rubbish the federal character?
When they other guys was doing his own where were you?
If your tribe enter make e dey appoint outsider anyhow.
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by garfield1: 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
Think9ja:

Your problem na understanding I swear.
Nobody is disputing the fact that he is or is not loaded. His biggest achievements are not in the financial or economic sectors. Him cv dry for a CBN Governor.

All those write up na wash.

More like Peter Obi.
Man is empty upstairs but somehow he knows how to Chun out dubious figures because he knows majority of our people get easily carried away by those kind of things

Simply put, Mr. Cardoso is not qualified to hold that position. Some of his deputy even look more qualified.

Mr Olayemi Michael Cardoso is a distinguished leader in the financial and development sectors with over 30 years’ experience in the private, public and not-for-profit organisations.

His private sector experience includes an illustrious career with Citibank, Chase and Citizens International Bank. In 1999 upon return to civilian democratic rule, Yemi was appointed the first commissioner/ cabinet member for economic planning and budget for Lagos state under then Governor Bola Tinubu. In this capacity, he wrote and monitored the implementation of the blueprint which catalysed economic development in the world’s sixth largest megacity.

As Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget for Lagos State, he championed the financial reform process which led to the state’s development of independent tax revenues. He also chaired the board of EFInA, a financial sector development organisation supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.

He has served on the board of several leading companies including Texaco, MRS Oil and Chevron Oil Plc. He is a member of the Belgian-based Cities Alliance Think Tank which aims to shape and influence policy and decision making on urban development in Africa and has strong relationships with key international donor agencies.

Cardoso is a member of the Nigerian National Advisory Board on impact investing and serves on the advisory board of Lagos Business School. In 2018, he assumed the role of founding chairman of the board for the Africa Venture Philanthropy Alliance (AVPA), an organization committed to unlocking new capital for social impact across the continent.

In his capacity as a consultant and policy expert, Yemi has advised and collaborated with major international development organisations including the World Bank, Ford Foundation, UN Habitat, World Health Organization and the Swedish Development Foundation.

Mr Cardoso started his banking career with Citibank where he eventually rose to the position of Vice President leaving to co-found Citizens International Bank where he was an Executive Director for eight years.

He is the recipient of several awards including an honorary Doctorate Degree in Business Administration from Aston University, his alma mater, and the Global Distinguished Alumni award from Citi.

Yemi’s first degree is from the University of Aston, United Kingdom and his second degree from Harvard University, USA. In 2017, he was awarded an honorary doctorate degree in business administration by his alma mater, Aston University, in recognition of “his outstanding contributions to business and society”. He also obtained a Masters in Public Administration from Harvard Kennedy School where he was a Mason Fellow.

He is director on the board of several Companies and is currently The Managing Partner of FBC Associates Limited. He is the founding chairman and co-chair of the Ehingbeti Summit, the Lagos state economic summit.

Furthermore, Cardoso serves as a member of the board of trustees for DRASA Health Trust, a public organization established in honour of the late Dr Ameyo Adadevoh, and as the chairman of the board of directors for Rebuild Lagos Trust Fund (RLTF), a not-for-profit public-private partnership, was established to rebuild damaged infrastructure in Lagos following the EndSARS protests of 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by HenryTimes: 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
Some entry level position cvs are more impressive than this one

Think9ja:

Na the real cv be that
Any one weh you go later see na him PR team go run am..

Him cv no de impressive for CBN Governor. More like an entry level position CV.

But na 9ja we de, if your turn to chop reach, no stopping you by any bagger
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by eleniyan2020: 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
XY23:
Lol. Another textbook economist. Nepotism is the bane of this country. Ever since GEJ left office, the nation has been on a downward trend because of tribalism. Don't argue with me, wait till $1 exchanges for #1500 under his watch.
why did Jonathan sack sanusi lamido?

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Wasky101: 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2023
Acekidc4:
President Tinubu knows how to Appoint Competent Technocrat!! The Likes of Fashola, Wale Edun, Dele Alake, Ambode, IG of Police Egbetokun, Sanwo Olu etc are good examples of Jagaban Mentorship!!
Exactly what we were telling them, that this was bigger than tribe or religion.
Thank God we dodged the bullet of obidients.
Obi doesn't even know the whereabouts of his commissioners, bold to say he didn't even work with any competent person. Criteria for employment then was just to be a catholic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by OBTOREPA(m): 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
Hmm, the audacity at which Nigerian Presidents of APC carry out their nepotism is really disturbing.

How can Tinubu continue on the same nepotistic leadership style of Buhari and Yorubas are clapping for him that all is well?

CBN Governor Yoruba
Chief of Army Staff Yoruba
Customs Boss Yoruba
Prisons Boss Yoruba
Chief of Staff Yoruba
FIRS Boss Yoruba
NIMC Boss Yoruba
Police IG Yoruba
Etc
Etc
Etc

This is gradual destruction of Nigeria's diversity and rubbishing of federal character
This is the only reasonable person here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by toprealman: 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Good academic qualifications, not much put out there regarding his work experience.
Good luck to him, not by power nor by might.
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by tafabaloo(m): 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kingosytex:
Many don't understand how powerful a Nigerian present is.
Emefiele is gone and gone forever. The charges leveled against Emefiele are watery, Tinubu is just having his pound of flesh.

They are not watery sir.
To me, the issue of illegal possession of weapon, the class of which it wasn't illegal to posses if permitted, was just a smokescreen.
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by InsightsGuru: 12:34am On Sep 16, 2023
This tradition of nominating retired bankers to lead the CBN is not the best way to go. In most of the leading economies, the tradition is to nominate an economist with deep knowledge, expertise, and experience in monetary policy, normally a well-grounded economist ideally with a Ph.D. in Economics, and some private and/or academic experience. The only exception was former President Obasanjo who appointed Prof Charles Soludo, a PhD economist. Retired bankers can make good ministers for finance and not CBN governors.

Until any Nigerian president embraces the reality that managing the complexities of the macroeconomy requires an expert we will continue to see a Central Bank that is derailed from its core duties and unduly influenced by powerful politicians and senior bankers and bureaucrats.

If we really want to grow and move forward just as most countries are progressing, we need to start to do things the right way. Growth and progress at the individual and entity level is a result of consistent and cumulative decisions taken over time most of which are right.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by jaxxy(m): 12:44am On Sep 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
President Tinubu knows how to Appoint Competent Technocrat!! The Likes of Fashola, Wale Edun, Dele Alake, Ambode, IG of Police Egbetokun, Sanwo Olu etc are good examples of Jagaban Mentorship!!

Lolz
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by fastseo: 12:49am On Sep 16, 2023
Acekidc4:

this man is not an economist, he studied business administration.
you cannot meet a veterinarian doctor for a tooth extraction in human.

we need an economist... not a banker or marketer or even someone that studies administration.

an economist fully understand variables and Economics indicators. someone with micro and macro economic idea. someone who understands Econometric Modelling
and also understand basic tools of econometrics and knowledge in probability and distribution theory, statistical hypotheses testing, and estimation and inference in classical linear regression models.

they are trained to make policy. in fact they are the mechanics of an economy.

a business administration or banker with qualification in administration,marketing, finance dont know what econometrics modelling is all about and this tells you where the economy is and where it is going in 10 years from now and step to address basic issues

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by mikeapollo: 1:03am On Sep 16, 2023
Bulldozer90:
Another square peg in a round hole.

Exactly.
As a Yoruba man, I am not even impressed with these lopsided appointments ! [i][/i]
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Mac2016(m): 1:12am On Sep 16, 2023
Baba shd try to make appointments wide reach. No be only Yoruba dey Nigeria.
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by kahal29: 1:35am On Sep 16, 2023
fastseo:

this man is not an economist, he studied business administration.
you cannot meet a veterinarian doctor for a tooth extraction in human.

we need an economist... not a banker or marketer or even someone that studies administration.

an economist fully understand variables and Economics indicators. someone with micro and macro economic idea. someone who understands Econometric Modelling
and also understand basic tools of econometrics and knowledge in probability and distribution theory, statistical hypotheses testing, and estimation and inference in classical linear regression models.

they are trained to make policy. in fact they are the mechanics of an economy.

a business administration or bank dont know what econometrics modelling is all about and this tells you where the economy is and where it is going in 10 years from now and step to address basic issues

I Concur
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by ozolity(m): 2:33am On Sep 16, 2023
A public administrator to head CBN
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Juju70(m): 2:35am On Sep 16, 2023
EmekaA125:
Square peg in round hole. I don't expect much from him.

Is that not how all his appointments have been?? Puppets of the west
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by femicyrus(m): 2:59am On Sep 16, 2023
Saao:
I'm not impress with his CV at all for that position especially when we have better people than him, anyway the appointing authority knows better.
You mean those with 2 credit in waec from a particular region in Nigeria?
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by femicyrus(m): 3:02am On Sep 16, 2023
ozolity:
A public administrator to head CBN
Governor of CBN is an administrative position. Not a bank cashier
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by CJStarz: 3:26am On Sep 16, 2023
Kindly expatiate

Bulldozer90:
Another square peg in a round hole.
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by IreneJane: 3:26am On Sep 16, 2023
Saao:
I'm not impress with his CV at all for that position especially when we have better people than him, anyway the appointing authority knows better.
I don't think you were thought how to summarize comprehension in secondary school.
SUMMARY AS A CBN GOV :
"Olayemi Michael Cardoso is a Nigerian banker, chartered stockbroker and public policy expert. Over the course of his illustrious career, he has served for over four decades in the public, private and development sectors as a leader and innovator.

Among his most impactful roles are: Commissioner in the Lagos State Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget;"

That's the experience we need
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:35am On Sep 16, 2023
Acekidc4:

If you need to study leaders, do so

lee of Singapore,
Deng of China
Paul of Rwanda
Singh of india,
King of dubai

No need for you to dey praise hoodlums. For your information, 36 states of nigeria na thieves. So not a tribal bashing.

Men who couldn’t turn the fifth largest economy to sandton, or Paris. Men who couldn’t turn the smallest state to world class. From ojo to badia, coconut to orile, to ipaja to obawole, to iju, to elliot, to part of agbado to fagba, to akiode, to MAKOKO to bariga to Sangotedo etc, dead dead avenue. Lagos na the richest city in africa, suppose don run leave joburg, sandton, cape town Windhoek, etc even dubai or rub shoulders with dubai. If only they were visionarians not look and use 10% for the masses.

Same with my state, pass three governors rubbish, especially Uduaghan with him big forehead. Common to turn our small warri Wey even him come from to world class , no. Thieves z

Abeg no Dey praise these animals.

Read about those men I list. And feel their presence in their countries live,

From a third world country to one of the richest countries SINGAPORE. The great Lee, also read Deng of China….

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Funflipper: 4:25am On Sep 16, 2023
Triangles1:
I hope this one no go end like emefiele

Because nowadays, I fear people with bar Head.

"bald"
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Rayjnr: 5:12am On Sep 16, 2023
Hope we no go settle The matter for EFCC office later
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by olancho: 5:38am On Sep 16, 2023
This man doesn’t have a CV.
Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Kaysalas(m): 5:39am On Sep 16, 2023
Triangles1:
I hope this one no go end like emefiele

Because nowadays, I fear people with bar Head.
Chai! Wetin we gather do you? grin

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Olayemi Michael Cardoso, Nominee For CBN Governor by Ogan79(m): 6:07am On Sep 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
he only appoints those he can control n has no much exposure, and wen u fight back against him, he picks on you like a fly. Put you out of that position n replaces you with someone else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Bianca Ojukwu In The Namib Desert / 10 Most Beautiful State Capital In Nigeria / APC Will Displace PDP - TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.