Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,728 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) (59815 Views)

Severance Packages Of Retired CBN Deputy Governors Will Surprise Nigerians / Jigawa: Governor, Deputy, Emir Shun Osinbajo’s Visit / Yahaya Bello, Onoja: As Crack Emerges Between Kogi Governor & Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by Machinegun91(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
No middle belt?
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by victorazyvictor(m): 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
fergie001:
BALA MOHAMMED KAKARA

Dr. Bala Mohammed Bello Kakara, an industry leader, is a native of Taraba State, Nigeria. He holds the Dan Buram-Gashaka Title. A well-respected public official and a renowned Accountant. Dr. Bala Mohammed Bello is currently the Executive Director of Corporate Services at the Nigerian Export-Import Bank appointed by His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR). Dr. Bala Mohammed Bello has an excellent performance record brimming with excellence. He is well known for surpassing his competition to achieve the greatest level of success in his field. Dr. Bala Mohammed Bello has been described by many as a pacesetter, a role model not just a leader.

Dr. Bala Mohammed Bello is an honorary senior member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers Nigeria, a fellow of the Institute of Credit Administration, and a member of the Certified Pension Institute of Management. Additionally, he was awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (Honoris Causa) in leadership and management from ESAE University Republic of Benin and a Doctor of Business Administration by The Commonwealth University in collaboration with London Graduate School.

Dr. Bala Mohammed Bello had the good fortune to receive his education in one of Nigeria's top colleges, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, where he was exposed to the richness and diversity of the country. There he obtained both a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and an MBA.

He continued on to earn several more qualifications. In addition to the Executive development program at Wharton Business School Pennsylvania, United States of America. Also, successfully completed the high potential leadership program at Harvard Business School in Boston, United States of America. Additionally, Dr. Bala Mohammed Bello is recipient of a diploma in Operational Leadership from yet another prestigious university, Richard Ivey School of Business, Canada. Furthermore, he received a portfolio management certificate from the institute of Finance in New York.

Ah!!!! I know Mr. Bala very well, my oga!
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by beejay85: 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobicove:
The new sheriff's of the CBN grin

One of the nominees Phillip Ikeazor is my homeboy cheesy
That man's resume is impressive.....I would have love him to be the cbn gov.
But I don't trust economists that major In d banking industry...
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
People dey go school oh
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by frog12: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
some of these guys served the previous administration and also state governors, but the economy is still a mess.

Do they even know what they are doing? Cardoso may seem respected, but the others are just politicians

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by frog12: 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
that north central zone dey cheat middle-belt big time !!
instead dem dey give the positions to one northerner.

Machinegun91:
No middle belt?
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by frog12: 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin

tnerro1:
Those this mean the former deputy governors have been sacked from CBN, I hear Aisha don run commot from Nigeria yesterday self, be like she knows
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by frog12: 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
and what did he do in kaduna under el-rufai??
another politician.

3seriez:
Dattijo just lost the senate position for Kaduna North of recent. I can see he is being compensated. He is smart and hardworking though. He better not disappoint us.
Impressive CVs from all nominees too. Time to clean up Emefiele's trash.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by Wasky101: 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
cool if nah that man, nah people like Charlie BOY and others misfits go full his government
Why u think say Rufai dey cry everyday, man has been visualizing himself in aso rock
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by Wasky101: 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
nkemoma:
U must give this to balablu..

Man can assemble a team
We all knew this but enemies of Nigeria wanted to hand Nigeria over to someone who doesn't know the where about of his economic team while he was governor .

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by DesChyko: 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
Emem Nnanna Usoro is the 'Go and verify' kind of portfolio.

I like.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by thatigboman: 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Why is there no Yoruba among the deputy governors
you want yoruba to be governor and deputy governor in a federal character?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by Snitch24(m): 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
That woman seems to be more qualified
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by thatigboman: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
Kobicove:
The new sheriff's of the CBN grin

One of the nominees Phillip Ikeazor is my homeboy cheesy
which state pls
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by OsunOriginal: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
What happens to the dumbos that are currently there as deputy governors?

I hope they will be joining their oga in DSS cell.
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by 1Dray(m): 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
Piggyyeaster2:
What a bad month for the ndigbo

Seun, Mynd44
Rule 2
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by chaloskyx: 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
guess what that woman represents Elumelu we all thought Elumelu was going to clinch the BBN gov position seemed he choose to occupy the position through a stooge to avoid any emiefele treatment later on that would soil the credibility of his UBA empire🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by obyno82: 11:48pm On Sep 15, 2023
Acekidc4:

Are you not Stupid yourself for quoting a Stupid Comment 🙄🤨🤔

Naturally you are well endowed with stupidity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by obyno82: 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
pharmagba:

Me think you are the nuisance, just my observation

Are you now doing tag team for your fellow comrade in stupidity. Abeg dude try get sense.
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by obyno82: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Alliswell248:

No mortal man can cure your sadistic dna.

Oga don't fight someone else's battles mind your business. Or are you now admitting that uou guys are comrades in stupidity?
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by neoG(f): 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please let me ask. Have you turned this begging as a career? With your over 100 Nairaland different accounts that you have created and flooding every thread. How are you able to sleep well every night with no fear in your heart without knowing if you will see the next day or go to answer your creator why he gave you everything to succeed but you decided instead to be scamming people of their hard earned monies with cock and bull stories/lies?
Forliving:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num with faith; Angela Oyom
G.TBank

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by Acekidc4(m): 12:06am On Sep 16, 2023
obyno82:

Naturally am well endowed with stupidity

Thank God you know!!
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by Boldideas: 12:10am On Sep 16, 2023
fergie001:
Mr Olayemi Michael Cardoso is a distinguished leader in the financial and development sectors with over 30 years’ experience in the private, public and not-for-profit organisations.

His private sector experience includes an illustrious career with Citibank, Chase and Citizens International Bank. In 1999 upon return to civilian democratic rule, Yemi was appointed the first commissioner/ cabinet member for economic planning and budget for Lagos state under then Governor Bola Tinubu. In this capacity, he wrote and monitored the implementation of the blueprint which catalysed economic development in the world’s sixth largest megacity.

As Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget for Lagos State, he championed the financial reform process which led to the state’s development of independent tax revenues. He also chaired the board of EFInA, a financial sector development organisation supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.

He has served on the board of several leading companies including Texaco, MRS Oil and Chevron Oil Plc. He is a member of the Belgian-based Cities Alliance Think Tank which aims to shape and influence policy and decision making on urban development in Africa and has strong relationships with key international donor agencies.

Cardoso is a member of the Nigerian National Advisory Board on impact investing and serves on the advisory board of Lagos Business School. In 2018, he assumed the role of founding chairman of the board for the Africa Venture Philanthropy Alliance (AVPA), an organization committed to unlocking new capital for social impact across the continent.

In his capacity as a consultant and policy expert, Yemi has advised and collaborated with major international development organisations including the World Bank, Ford Foundation, UN Habitat, World Health Organization and the Swedish Development Foundation.

Mr Cardoso started his banking career with Citibank where he eventually rose to the position of Vice President leaving to co-found Citizens International Bank where he was an Executive Director for eight years.

He is the recipient of several awards including an honorary Doctorate Degree in Business Administration from Aston University, his alma mater, and the Global Distinguished Alumni award from Citi.

Yemi’s first degree is from the University of Aston, United Kingdom and his second degree from Harvard University, USA. In 2017, he was awarded an honorary doctorate degree in business administration by his alma mater, Aston University, in recognition of “his outstanding contributions to business and society”. He also obtained a Masters in Public Administration from Harvard Kennedy School where he was a Mason Fellow.

He is director on the board of several Companies and is currently The Managing Partner of FBC Associates Limited. He is the founding chairman and co-chair of the Ehingbeti Summit, the Lagos state economic summit.

Furthermore, Cardoso serves as a member of the board of trustees for DRASA Health Trust, a public organization established in honour of the late Dr Ameyo Adadevoh, and as the chairman of the board of directors for Rebuild Lagos Trust Fund (RLTF), a not-for-profit public-private partnership, was established to rebuild damaged infrastructure in Lagos following the EndSARS protests of 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria.

His father, Felix Bankole Cardoso, was the Nigeria's first indigenous Accountant-General of the Federation in 1963.

This guy is very tushed😲😲😲😲

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by bionixs: 12:28am On Sep 16, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
cool if nah that man, nah people like Charlie BOY and others misfits go full his government
just as mc oluomo heads the technology sector abi ?
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by InsightsGuru: 12:35am On Sep 16, 2023
This tradition of nominating retired bankers to lead the CBN is not the best way to go. In most of the leading economies, the tradition is to nominate an economist with deep knowledge, expertise, and experience in monetary policy, normally a well-grounded economist ideally with a Ph.D. in Economics, and some private and/or academic experience. The only exception was former President Obasanjo who appointed Prof Charles Soludo, a PhD economist. Retired bankers can make good ministers for finance and not CBN governors.

Until any Nigerian president embraces the reality that managing the complexities of the macroeconomy requires an expert we will continue to see a Central Bank that is derailed from its core duties and unduly influenced by powerful politicians and senior bankers and bureaucrats.

If we really want to grow and move forward just as most countries are progressing, we need to start to do things the right way. Growth and progress at the individual and entity level is a result of consistent and cumulative decisions taken over time most of which are right.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by iamtardey: 12:49am On Sep 16, 2023
Piggyyeaster2:
What a bad month for the ndigbo
I wonder why they’re taking this ijoba tinubu personal… because obi lost? They should just chill out e go reach dia turn, na turn by turn.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by worksmart(m): 2:02am On Sep 16, 2023
Emefiele's tenure doesn't expire until next year.

Tinubu can't sack Emefiele without a court order and approval of the Senate.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by lexy2014: 2:08am On Sep 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
All hail the great Jagaban himself for this good Appointments in the right direction!! Kudos to Mr President!!

Something like this right?

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by membranus: 2:22am On Sep 16, 2023
Think9ja:

He looted billions like how this one is coming to do. And just like the case of Emefele that his dumb yeasterners are wailing witch-hunt, the next aboki president will come and handle this Cardoso man and you and your fellow ronu people will also cry witch hunt and the cycle continues.

Nothing good can come out of this dungeon until Nigeria is properly restructured and remodeled

Until then, let's keep fooling ourselves and pretending that we have a country

If you are this pessimistic about Nigeria, and never happy about anything concerning the country, then what are you still doing there? Please take a gander and gerrout of it.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by Seun360(m): 2:59am On Sep 16, 2023
Addme:

They always look like that on paper until they start their abnormal policies. Infact Emefiele was over qualify as at the time he was appointed but ended up as the worst CBN governor ever.
I just hope they deliver.

Recalled one of my boss then used to tell me he doesn't rate Zenith Bank officials, not supposed Emefiele failed.
Re: Meet The Nominees For CBN Governor, Deputy Governors (Profiles) by Kobicove(m): 4:26am On Sep 16, 2023
thatigboman:
which state pls

He's from Obosi in Anambra State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protests As Agberos Increase Daily Fee For Buses To N13k In Lagos / Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In / Peter Obi Invited To Tinubu’s Inauguration By Presidential Inaugural Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.