Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,897 members, 7,863,081 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? (60157 Views)

How A Pastor’s Daughter Who Went For Night Runs Found Herself In Police Station / Video Recording With 2 JW Elders After WT Child Sexual Abuse Studies / Apostle Suleman & Wife Celebrate Excel, Their Daughter's 1st Birthday In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Emusan(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2023
achorladey:

grin grin grin

Before manipulations and lies start on what does not exist

The manipulation has started already, you can imagine when he started saying KJV INTENTIONALLY inserted 1 John 5:7.

And the most astonish part is telling the person to do research cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by lendahand(m): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

I'm already free from the grip of your false doctrines.

The first one is the Trinity ..if Jesus, the apostles and the early church didn't believe nor teach the trinity concept, why should Christians believe the trinity today?
God the Father is the one true God. Simple! John 17:3, 1 Cor 8:5,6.

Dem don blind ona reasoning cheesy cheesy
Jesus the Word has been with God from the beginning and the Word was God equally making him the second person in one God. Them Jesus recommended the third person to his disciples who he described as the Spirit of truth coming after he ascends into heaven to be with the disciples and guard them into all truths, reminding them of everything the Master taught them. This fact now makes the Holyspirit the third person in one God. May your eyes be opened in Jesus name...

Ps: How will you feel when someone calls you a force instead of a being?? But you're referring to the Spirit as a force...Be wise

John 14:17&26, John 16:13

4 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Emusan(m): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
ORIAYO70:
Bro if you really want to learn let me know but about argument I'm off

Why do you people always see yourself as the most learned BIBLE PERSON.

Are you ready to LEARN either?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by achorladey: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
DollarLand2023:

C'mon... Why do vocal people like you hate to be referred to the Bible? The scripture I cited is straightforward. There were some wrongdoers in the early Christian congregation. What happened to them? They were disfellowshipped. That did not make Christians bad or fornicators then. Just a few bad eggs and they were removed.
Same happens in our modern time. That's the whole essence of what I asked you to read. No long story.

On how we treat family members, we are kind to all our family members but we do not involve in some of their practices that conflict with our conscience.

That someone you named was removed based on 1Cor. 5:1-13. The entirety of that your assertion is wrong. I wonder where you cooked that story from? Gosh!

Problem number one with you and your likes...

C'mon... Why do vocal people like you hate to be referred to the Bible

I don't even need to read the account to know what is contained in there because you don't know what I have read about that same scriptures over the years. That was what happened regarding Ruth and sons of Naomi conversation before you started backtracking on that.

There were some wrongdoers in the early Christian congregation. What happened to them? They were disfellowshipped. That did not make Christians bad or fornicators then. Just a few bad eggs and they were removed.

Good that you know that it does not make Christians fornicator yet it does not remove the fact of the matter that the person you stated was removed was a Christian and a fornicator Correct?

That same fornicator is a member of the Christian congregation obtaining teachings from apostles directly ordained by Jesus himself. You get the picture clear now.

Just a few bad eggs and they were removed.

Good you know those bad eggs don't live up to the teachings. So when I say I have seen those in the acts of spiritism, child abuse, wife swapping, domestic abuse, don't call it lies. The evidence are even captured in your religious publications.

That's the whole essence of what I asked you to read. No long story.

I am familiar with the essence of what you want me to read. I am not getting unnecessarily concerned about that scripture grin grin grin

On how we treat family members, we are kind to all our family members but we do not involve in some of their practices that conflict with our conscience.

You have agreed that defaulters exist. Those are not lies.

That someone you named was removed based on 1Cor. 5:1-13. The entirety of that your assertion is wrong. I wonder where you cooked that story from? Gosh!

Na to pinch your thinking to know you are dealing with someone very familiar with the mode of operations in that religious organization you are talking about. I hope you get all this clear the first time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Emusan(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:
I just saw it on their church website
Well, I'm just aware today

Can you imagine!

Yet your type will be telling another person, relax and learn. When in reality you people don't know anything.

Also, see your brother saying there's ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS and KJV INTENTIONALLY inserted 1 John 5:7.

Even if you disagree with others, but must you lie against them just to score cheap point?

cheesy grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by sacajawea: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
Memyselfu2009:
I wonder why this is a topic in the front page..

I tried to get married to a Catholic Lady and I was told am. Not a Catholic I can't marry her.

So it's a matter of choice who you choose to marry.

Yes witness marry witness base on biblical belief.

So let them be.

Seriously?? Catholics too are like that?
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by achorladey: 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Emusan:

I gave you definition of doctrine.

Reason why it fits into doctrine.

You can call it whatever you want.

What has this got to do with the discussion?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

See as e run enter another thing entirely to avoid the fact that marriage is a doctrine.

One even respond by saying sarcasm grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by sacajawea: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nyanabo:

From where I'm from, many of them upon death are rejected by the ground. When this happens they are butchered and thrown away. For reason best know to them.
Where are you from?
In what way are they butchered and thrown away? Rejected from the Ground, how?
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by achorladey: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
sacajawea:

Seriously?? Catholics too are like that?

grin grin grin
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by achorladey: 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2023
Emusan:

The manipulation has started already, you can imagine when he started saying KJV INTENTIONALLY inserted 1 John 5:7.

And the most astonish part is telling the person to do research cheesy grin cheesy grin

Once they see the person they are discussing with is not well grounded in their lies and manipulations. Their work regarding that will enter overdrive grin grin ;

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Emusan(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2023
achorladey:
Once they see the person they are discussing with is not well grounded in their lies and manipulations. Their work regarding that will enter overdrive grin grin ;

I'm telling you.

But I'm just collecting receipts since. cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

One even said He is a Redeem member but married to a Jehovah Witness girl.

Lemme post it self, just imagine the next comment grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by sacajawea: 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nyanabo:
It's only in Nigeria' version of Jehovah's witnesses you hear of the evil acts. Those people are very devilish and diabolic. I've seen and heard of so many.
Nigerian Version? I'm curious to know, which other Versions did you know or have seen, which countries?
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by cornelboy(f): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
lendahand:
Jesus the Word has been with God from the beginning and the Word was God equally making him the second person in one God. Them Jesus recommended the third person to his disciples who he described as the Spirit of truth coming after he ascends into heaven to be with the disciples and guard them into all truths, reminding them of everything the Master taught them. This fact now makes the Holyspirit the third person in one God. May your eyes be opened in Jesus name...

Ps: How will you feel when someone calls you a force instead of a being?? But you're referring to the Spirit as a force...Be wise

John 14:17&26, John 16:13
Lol see confusion, "the second person in one God" where did you get that from undecided
Jesus clearly said that his Father is the one true God and Paul confirmed that the Father is the one God for them.
Jesus only claimed to be God's son.
God made Jesus Christ to be lord and Messiah.

John 17:3, 1 Cor 8:5,6, Acts 2:36.

These are verses you should argue with everyday of your life.

John 1:1 clearly shows distinction between the word (Jesus) and God (the Father), the word was with God. In the third paraphrase, John didn't mean that "Jesus is the God" , it's "and the word was God". This was only showing the nature and divinity of Jesus Christ who was a God himself but not "the God"

Let me rephrase that verse: "in the beginning, the word who was a God who was with GOD".
And what beginning was that, that was undoubtedly the beginning of creation.

The holy spirit is not a being or a separate person from God.
It's the spirit that emanates from God just like rays of sunlight emanates from the sun. You can't even compare the rays with the sun itself.

In a nutshell, the Father is the true Almighty God. And Jesus nor the apostles believe or taught the trinity doctrine. The dogma started with Constantine and his council in the Athanasian creed.
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by 12fruits(m): 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2023
The only thing that was freely given to us by the Colonial Masters is religion. All that has been said here are what we were told,we don't know the real truth. The way they left religious doctrine to us why didn't they left scientific and technology doctrine?

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by achorladey: 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
Emusan:

I'm telling you.

But I'm just collecting receipts since. cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

One even said He is a Redeem member but married to a Jehovah Witness girl.

Lemme post it self, just imagine the next comment grin cheesy grin

Some are still looking for evidence for our assertions grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Emusan(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
achorladey:
Some are still looking for evidence for our assertions grin grin grin

And that no report of anything bad about JWs around us, we can only read anything bad about JWs from fake rumours monger in far away countries grin grin cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by VenumX: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
I am a coded boko harram Islama g@y incel hiding in that church
Thanks! smiley

Ewu.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by captianfreeman(m): 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
Ishilove:

So the ones on Nairaland say. They are the only true Christians. Every other denomination is of the world.

They are clowns.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by captianfreeman(m): 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
Courz:

Yes o. That's the Delusion they are taught. Like a Mental illness. They are the only ones doing God's will today while the others will be destroyed at Armaggedon. They are the real Christians yet they practise Adultery, Fornication, Homosexuality, Wife swapping, Money scams/Theft, and Child Sexual Abuse /Pedophilia. sad A very nice record for Real Christians. sad
It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by WINDSOW(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
DollarLand2023:

How you go talk say you hate some people die? If you sick wan die and na Jehovah witness doctor wan treat you shey you go walk am out? Na only people wey no dey see pass their nose dey talk like you.
No be joke ooo. I get good heart on a norm but JW dey provoke me.
My best childhood friend na JW, we grew up for trenches. I even attend una meetings self but Eze chop my eyes badly.

And una people, una no dey hear other people out, na only una correct. Imagine say make I invite my neighbour she declined with strong eyes, no wahala. Months after she came with others say dem wan have chat with me,come dey show me Awake. Omo, I politely walk them out and I warn dem make dem no dust their feet for my doormouth. You get?

I no like una at all at all.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by IamAsiri: 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
21Ogodol:
A family friend who’s a Jehovah’s Witness, said Jehovah’s Witness parents are allowed to perform rites for their children even thou they choose to marry a non witness, that it’s not against the law of the organization and any man who choose not to sit(be it an Elder or a member) is acting so based on his personal belief and not under Jehovah’s Witness.

I have seen cases of daughters getting married and their fathers not attending their traditional marriage or even accepting to collect dowery because she dint marry a witness and he cannot partake in her sin.

One girl said the Dad asked her spouse to first become a witness and get baptized before he can accept her as a son-inlaw and many more like that …

Now this our family friend who is saying it’s not against the law of Jehovah’s Witness is getting me confused and leaving me with so many questions 🧐🧐

If it’s not a against them, then how come so many fathers ignore or even disowned their daughters for taking this step?

How come they all choose to be wicked even thou their organization accepts such?

And those fathers that sits for their daughters who marry non witness, do they get summoned or disfellowshipped?

I need answers pls … someone help me out

He is not being truthful, at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by DollarLand2023: 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
achorladey:

Problem number one with you and your likes...

I don't even need to read the account to know what is contained in there because you don't know what I have read about that same scriptures over the years. That was what happened regarding Ruth and sons of Naomi conversation before you started backtracking on that.

Good that you know that it does not make Christians fornicator yet it does not remove the fact of the matter that the person you stated was removed was a Christian and a fornicator Correct?

That same fornicator is a member of the Christian congregation obtaining teachings from apostles directly ordained by Jesus himself. You get the picture clear now.

Good you know those bad eggs don't live up to the teachings. So when I say I have seen those in the acts of spiritism, child abuse, wife swapping, domestic abuse, don't call it lies. The evidence are even captured in your religious publications.

I am familiar with the essence of what you want me to read. I am not getting unnecessarily concerned about that scripture grin grin grin

You have agreed that defaulters exist. Those are not lies.

Na to pinch your thinking to know you are dealing with someone very familiar with the mode of operations in that religious organization you are talking about. I hope you get all this clear the first time.

In totality, you have to separate the organization itself from disfellowshipped defaulters since you have acknowledged that the organization gives sound moral advice and training. So what you do that I flaw is how you make the deviants the face of JW organization. Haven't you met a good number of JWs who reflect the training they receive? So this is where your balance and honesty will be tested.

The whole basis of ethnic profiling, racism and co. is the single story. And in your case, the single story you tell of JWs is all negative, that's in fact the exception not the norm.

Our website you visited also contains tons upon tons of positive reports about JWs across continents and from people of all classes even the great Zik. These are people with informed opinions, because not all teachings of JW do they agree with, but they acknowledge good conduct of the witnesses in the society.

If you were in the first century, you probably would have behaved this same way to early Christians on the basis of 1Cor. 5:1-13 because they were as unpopular as Jehovah's Witnesses are today.

I don't want to go back fully to the account of Ruth and Chilion, however as a brief, it's still your single story that is fencing your view of matters. Did you consider the attitude of God towards his people marrying a non-israelite prior to the time of Ruth & Naomi? Eg. Isaac, Jacob. The pain it caused Rebecca and Isaac when Esau took a non Israelite wife and how God said that he hated Esau?

Fast forward to the times after Ruth & Naomi: Ahab who took Jezebel (a non- Israelite as wife), Solomon (how non- Israelites women led him astray and how God felt), Nehemiah how he grabbed the beards of the men of Israel for marrying foreign wives and even had them send the women and the children away.

You only isolated the example of Mahlon and Chilion to suit your quest for moral independence simply because God kept mute on their own matter. If you are honest hearted, you will consider surrounding evidence to discern how God feel about a certain matter not isolating one odd incidence as your ticket to do and undo.

Man, I'm tired of you guys!
We both are not benefiting from this long argument, so what's the point?
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by lendahand(m): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol see confusion, "the second person in one God" where did you get that from undecided
Jesus clearly said that his Father is the one true God and Paul confirmed that the Father is the one God for them.
Jesus only claimed to be God's son.
God made Jesus Christ to be lord and Messiah.

John 17:3, 1 Cor 8:5,6, Acts 2:36.

These are verses you should argue with everyday of your life.

John 1:1 clearly shows distinction between the word (Jesus) and God (the Father), the word was with God. In the third paraphrase, John didn't mean that "Jesus is the God" , it's "and the word was God". This was only showing the nature and divinity of Jesus Christ who was a God himself but not "the God"

Let me rephrase that verse: "in the beginning, the word who was a God was with GOD".
And what beginning was that, that was undoubtedly the beginning of creation.

The holy spirit is not a being or a separate person from God.
It's the spirit that emanates from God just like rays of sunlight emanates from the sun. You can't even compare the rays with the sun itself.

In a nutshell, the Father is the true Almighty God. And Jesus nor the apostles believe or taught the trinity doctrine. The dogma started with Constantine and his council in the Athanasian creed.
keep twisting the truth to feel cosy in your lies, roll in your own deceit...

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by NothingDoMe: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

No churchgoer in their right mind will ever marry you devils unless ofcourse they were already devils in secret.
😄
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by cornelboy(f): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
lendahand:
keep twisting the truth to feel cosy in your lies, roll in your own deceit...
Lol you are the one bonded in lies.
Jesus and his apostles never believed or taught any trinity doctrine wink
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Emusan:

Can you imagine!

Yet your type will be telling another person, relax and learn. When in reality you people don't know anything.

Also, see your brother saying there's ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS and KJV INTENTIONALLY inserted 1 John 5:7.

Even if you disagree with others, but must you lie against them just to score cheap point?

cheesy grin grin grin

Because you are ignorant of what 1 John 5:7 says does not make it right
Confirm from other Bible and stop fooling around
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Emusan(m): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
DollarLand2023:
Haven't you met a good number of JWs who reflect the training they receive? So this is where your balance and honesty will be tested.

The same can be asked of you, haven't you met a good number of other denominations apart from JWs who reflect the training they received?

If you were in the first century, you probably would have behaved this same way to early Christians on the basis of 1Cor. 5:1-13 because they were as unpopular as Jehovah's Witnesses are today.

The same can be said about JWs if they happened to be in first century they'll still behave the same way to early Christians on the basis of Mark 9:38-40

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
Emusan:

I gave you definition of doctrine.

Reason why it fits into doctrine.

You can call it whatever you want.

What has this got to do with the discussion?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Calling Marriage a doctrine? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Emusan(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Because you are ignorant of what 1 John 5:7 says does not make it right

So I'm ignorance of 1 John 5:7 cheesy grin cheesy grin

Confirm from other Bible and stop fooling around

What should I confirm from other Bible?

Besides, there is NOTHING like OTHER BIBLE but translations?

Yet claiming to know more than anyone cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by cornelboy(f): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Lol leave this guy jàre. He will never accept that he's wrong so just leave him.
He will crawl back for attention though cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
Emusan:

So I'm ignorance of 1 John 5:7 cheesy grin cheesy grin

What should I confirm from other Bible?

Besides, there is NOTHING like OTHER BIBLE but translations?

Yet claiming to know more than anyone cheesy grin cheesy grin

What does 1 John 5:7 say

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jw Fathers Sit For Their Daughter Who Gets Married To Non Witness? by Emusan(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Marriage is a doctrine, I repeat!

But the last part of your post still has nothing to do with this discussion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (33) (Reply)

Igbo Boys In Malaysia Respond To Apostle Suleman's Tithe Sermon & Yahoo Boys / 'My View Regarding The Election (US)'- TB Joshua Replies Critics / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.