Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory (11342 Views)

Quick Steps To Grow Yams In Sacks For Harvest Within 6-8 Months / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Slay Queen Goes To Farm To Harvest Groundnuts When She’s Not Slaying (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by chokekachy: 10:05am On Sep 16, 2023
PRESS RELEASE 16TH SEPTEMBER, 2023

The Editors,

PUBLIC NOTICE/AWARENESS

The Bauchi State Police Command wishes to notify the public of the proactive security measures which everyone is required to be acquainted with and adhere to in order to enhance general safety and security in the state.

On this note, the proactive measures came up following a Credible Intelligence and analysis of security threats identified by the Command. The Command has identified the following vices as potential security threats for the Ember-months season.

They are:
Herders'/farmers Feud and Communal clashes
Armed Robbery
Kidnapping and Abduction
Road Traffic Accidents
Stealing of Farm produce and Mischief
Youths' Restiveness (Thuggery), amongst others

Herders'/farmers and Communal clashes: To avoid herders-farmers and communal clashes, the Command wishes to call on the respective organs to refrain from acts of mischief or any acts that could lead to the breakdown of law and order and Public peace. However, farmers are advised to evacuate their farm produce in good time before herders start grazing freely and it degenerates into the aforementioned. All herders are unequivocally warned to desist from trespassing into farmer’s crops before they harvest them.

Armed Robbery: This Crime case is mostly a trend during ember months. Consequently, the Command’s crime analysis advises travellers to shun the act of night-time journeys or travelling during the wee hours of the day. They are further advised to look for the nearest convenient places to sleep and proceed with their journeys when the day breaks for their safety.

Kidnapping and Abduction: This menace was almost rampant during the last ember months of the year 2022. In the year 2023, the Command has grounded a strategic map-out of the kidnapper’s enclaves and introduced modern security tactics and more sophisticated approaches in order to strengthen the operational bodies for serious battles against these crimes and others in the State.

Night-time Travelling and Over-Speeding: Due to the increased number of road accidents resulting from night-time travelling and over-speeding, the Command advises all travellers particularly drivers to shun the act of speeding especially during the wee hours to avert occurrences of avoidable road accidents which might result in loss of lives or fatalities and properties.

Stealing of farm produce/Mischief: Farmers are advised to be familiar with their farm terrains and farm neighbours or farm owners around them. They are enjoined to be very vigilant with their farm produce and evacuate them when they are due for harvest timeously to avoid either being stolen, unlawful grazing by herders or destruction by night fire.

Youths Restiveness and Thuggery (Yan-Sara-Suka): Citizens are advised to be very vigilant with their belongings in every circumstance and avoid being indolent. They are also enjoined to advise youths around them to shun any unruly behaviour which will jeopardise the peaceful atmosphere of the State.

The Commissioner of Police, Bauchi State Police Command, CP Auwal Musa Muhammad psc, reiterates that the Command’s commitment and relentless efforts toward ensuring a crime-free society in our beloved state will never be halted. Consequently, the CP re-emphasises that community engagement in crime prevention, management and control is very crucial in attaining the desired goals and our primary mandate, which is the protection of lives and property amongst others.

Accept the assurance of our esteemed regards, please.

SP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, Anipr,
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO)
For: Commissioner of Police,
Bauchi State Command.

1 Share

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Sabadon(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2023
undecided

See wetin a whole security outfit dey yarn for mouth, so wether your crops are matured or not, harvest and give way to the herders cos they are unstoppable. Just imagine rubbish.

Mtchwwww this country just tire me I swear angry

251 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Tonyuche23: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2023
Well
Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by KingLennon(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2023
Jesus! It is finished sad

The Commissioner of police, a top rank official is giving the citizens nonsense security tips. So the police that we entrust our lives and properties into their hands cannot defend us. Imagine telling farmers to harvest their crops early cheesy....

Shame don kill me o cheesy

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by dynicks(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2023
shocked
Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by mcbreeze: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2023
Somalia is now better than Nigeria.

Nigeria police shame on you

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by YeyeGbami: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2023
Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Iyajelili(f): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2023
Wonderful! This country is in a state of coma and almost everything isn't working right. So you mean farmers should harvest even some produce that are not ready for harvesting? Lord help us!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by MrsTwrite(f): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2023
God help those farmers. This country is gone.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by godofuck231: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2023
Buy your ak and save a farmer-hearder clash

7 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by akpaan(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2023
can you imagine the madness

17 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Davicl: 10:35am On Sep 16, 2023
Ok...there was a country

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Dididrumz(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2023
This is below standard nahhhh 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The lands belongs to the farmers.

The herders should go get their own lands and stop disturbing people and dictating to them when to do what, on their own (farmers) farmlands.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by opera1(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2023
Even when your crop is yet to matured.

Can't dey control the troublesome herders?

5 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by inoki247: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2023
Lol so mak dem go dey harvest dere crop wether he ripe or not....

He go be....

Is better them kuku give everybody Gun for the state if he wan turn violence make he turn how will Wu no help me buy land, Rent Land, du my planting be the one dictating wen to harvest my crop....

12 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by nairalandankrah: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2023
So, the fourth most dangerous terrorist organization in the world. “Miyetti Allah has become a privileged terrorist organization in Nigeria.. THANK YOU TINUBU

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by chiagozien(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2023
You mean as I'm harvesting my corn i should Also harvest my cassava that will mature in next 3 to 6 month.
All in the name of fulanis herdmen.

Anyway such will never happen in East.

God bless Eastern security network for sending those terrorists out of East.

God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by ShoeWorld1(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2023
So this is how we're going to be self-sufficient in Food production in this country?

Law enforcement agency warning farmers to harvest their crops, their hard-earned investments prematurely because people who don't want to buy land wants to make use of it.
Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Themanleshey: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2023
Chai shocked
Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by obi58: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2023
So instead of addressing the issue of herders encroaching on farm lands, you're asking the farmers to harvest whatever they can because there's nothing that can be done about the encroachment. Hmmmm safeguarding of lives and property in the mud.

7 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Jackson619007: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2023
I don't understand this country again oo or am i the only one that read it with another understanding!!🤔

The user's text is already academic in nature. Please feel free to reach out to me for assistance with your academic tasks and programming inquiries. You can find my WhatsApp contact information in the signature below.👇

3 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by iammo(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2023
That's what Comiunity Policing is all about... conflict management and resolution

Preventing conflict

We all can co exist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Oritna94(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2023
Look at what our country has degenerated into. No man's land. You can't go to your farm or travel in peace. It is a terrible situation.

7 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by mrvitalis(m): 10:38am On Sep 16, 2023
What a country... Sad really sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Xscape1993(m): 10:38am On Sep 16, 2023
If not for our weak and corrupt institutions, should the police be afraid of herdsmen? Imagine telling farmers to harvest their crops even when they are not grown or matured for harvest. Untrained and sentimental police. Everything is just wrong in Nigeria...

12 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by marlow1962(m): 10:38am On Sep 16, 2023
It's never too late to go get your licensed 12 gauge.
Trespassing into my farm for destruction sake, I will leave you with two large holes first, then I will wait for the police to come.
Nigerians love taking lots of rubbish, I think rubbish should be added among diets in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by EdiskyHarry: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2023
I want to believe this is not true,
If this news is true, there's no hope for security in Nigeria anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by ariesbull: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2023
You can imagine
Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by Beniyke1: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2023
shocked
Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by chiagozien(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Harvest Now To Prevent Farmers-herders Clash: Bauchi Police Issues Advisory by AllBlack: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2023
And someone said one Nigeria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time To Plant Any Crop? / How Many Bags Of Feed Is Needed In Rearing Layers To Maturity / Dav8id Should Release My Egusi Bags Or Refund My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.