Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents (12571 Views)

Help! My Older Brother May Frustrate My Mum 2 Death / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by UnfairLife7(m): 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2023
sylve11:

Sensible comment.

@op, check this comment out.

Most first born are like that. cool
Talking from Nigeria, I may agre most younger siblings though not all are doing pretty well than their elder brothers but i won't agree to what you said claiming most elder brothers constitute nuisance because their younger siblings are doing better than them. If what you said was right, then most families would be having crisis like OP. Think about that
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Pythagoras001: 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2023
this is clearly a case of mental health problem. attempt to find a psychologist or psychiatrist first to diagnose what the problem is and if thier can be any solution before you involve the police.

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Obierika(m): 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I have a brother like that before.
Now he is doing fine.
Don't blame your brother.
Your brother is mentally and emotionally traumatised.
Police torture won't solve it..
I believe your brother is a cultist, who smoke and do drug.
Your brother is a potential great man...
Let him learn handwork or if you have money send him out of the country

Send him out of the country to go and become a nuisance in another country?

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Yankee101: 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2023
The first thing I noticed is una no allow this guy grow up at all. Doing everything for him won’t make him become responsible faster. Una help contribute to this matter
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz:
Forunately my sister's husband found out what was going on and rejected my brother's request for the female workers to be sacked. This started a war between my elder brother and my sister and her husband.

My elder brother eventually left that company (note he wasn't fired he LEFT by himself) and went back to the village. When my father heard this he almost collapsed as he knew the trouble that was coming his way.

Since he returned to the village he started assaulting my parents and I had to send money (about 400,000) back to Nigeria for him to rent a flat just so he could leave my parents alone. My brother stayed in that apartment for 3 months then started fighting his landlord and then told his landlord he couldn't stay for the year and demanded some part of his rent back,he took his rent, returned to the village and picked up from where he left by fighting my father ( a very old man). Its so bad that my father sometimes leaves the house (The house that he built as a family house) and stays outside for hours before returning home.
Please do we have restraining order laws in Nigeria and is there a particular police division in the Nigerian police or legal system that can be used to address an issue such as this?
I'm tired and I'm considering taking a drastic and extremely aggressive decision to resolve this situation once and for all.
Restraining order? He should be in jail serving a long sentence but for some reason he is not. Go back to your sister's husband's factory, find all those women who he sexually assaulted and have them make a case against him. Hopefully,if you lot did to do due diligence to destroy evidence, na there police fit come bamboozle am go prison where he ought to remain until he grows up. undecided

The way Nigeria is, restraining order won't hold him back from tormenting those he wishes to torment. Prison for the actual crime he committed though will. undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2023
Matrix137:
β–  I think he needs deliverance Take him to Mountain of fire. Or connect to Pastor Jerry Eze every morning on NSPPD. What God cannot do doesn't existYou'll surely come back with a testimony Goodluck
Get away! undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2023
fyzaila:
β–  Kai this is serious. He needs serious prayer and deliverance. I know and use to hear of families where the first born, most likely males turn out to be useless and liability to the family. But, op this your own is useless and a pain in the family. I just pity your old popsy hope he won't get high bp like this.

Please take restraining action. A troublesome adult is worst than a troublesome kid.
So you will have his old mother spending her life praying because she be the only one wey born pikin for this life, while your pity only extends to the pops who probably had a hand in him growing up conceited? You people are wicked. undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Ravenna: 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
FalseProphet1:
This is a serious matter. Send me a DM and he would be fine.

This I have seen.

That guy is suffering from Mpulumiri addition.

They should donate him to UGM or biabia fighters before he murder the parents.

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kemadealadire(f): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I have a brother like that before.
Now he is doing fine.
Don't blame your brother.
Your brother is mentally and emotionally traumatised.
Police torture won't solve it..
I believe your brother is a cultist, who smoke and do drug.
Your brother is a potential great man...
Let him learn handwork or if you have money send him out of the country
Send him out of the country to be a nuisance, those ones don't Kuku tolerate nonsense there.

@OP, does he take drugs and alcohol? Have you people actually sat down with him to ask him what the problem is??

Your family will have to handle him with iron hand, this is why the Bible and Yoruba will say, train your child so you can have peace.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Sirchiboy: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kemadealadire:

Send him out of the country to be a nuisance, those ones don't Kuku tolerate nonsense there.

@OP, does he take drugs and alcohol? Have you people actually sat down with him to ask him what the problem is??

Your family will have to handle him with iron hand, this is why the Bible and Yoruba will say, train your child so you can have peace.
Before I counter you.
Are you married?
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Sirchiboy: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obierika:

Send him out of the country to go and become a nuisance in another country?
He will adjust OK.
I had a brother like that before.
Using the police will make the matter worse.
No amount of torture will change him.
There is a proverbial saying that if you go to America behave like an American.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Babatunjo: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
Not joking. He has a medical psychiatry issue.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by MrAgbako: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz:
I never wanted to do this and this is a very embarrassing situation but I need help from nairaland users.

I have an older brother in his early 40s. Since I was a child till this very moment, this person has been a torn on the flesh of my parents and the family in general.

Sometime in 2020, with the help of my elder sister's husband ( the HR) we were able to find a job for him as a supervisor in a factory and then I and my immediate elder brother (another sibling of mine) contributed money and rented an apartment for him in Lagos and then bought some property to furnish the apartment. To our surprise, my elder brother starting forcing his sexual advances on junior female workers and if any of these girls reject his advances he would start threatening the girls that he would get them fired with the help of the HR (My sister's husband). Forunately my sister's husband found out what was going on and rejected my brother's request for the female workers to be sacked. This started a war between my elder brother and my sister and her husband.

My elder brother eventually left that company (note he wasn't fired he LEFT by himself) and went back to the village. When my father heard this he almost collapsed as he knew the trouble that was coming his way.

Since he returned to the village he started assaulting my parents and I had to send money (about 400,000) back to Nigeria for him to rent a flat just so he could leave my parents alone. My brother stayed in that apartment for 3 months then started fighting his landlord and then told his landlord he couldn't stay for the year and demanded some part of his rent back,he took his rent, returned to the village and picked up from where he left by fighting my father ( a very old man). Its so bad that my father sometimes leaves the house (The house that he built as a family house) and stays outside for hours before returning home.

Please do we have restraining order laws in Nigeria and is there a particular police division in the Nigerian police or legal system that can be used to address an issue such as this?

I'm tired and I'm considering taking a drastic and extremely aggressive decision to resolve this situation once and for all.

my brother. Pls leave the house in the village for him. He sees that house as his own or perhaps his last hope because he don't have plans to build his own house. He spent money extravagantly and he has mental disorder. He probably an hyperactive person and stubborn one as well.

Here is my advice. Rent an apartment for your parent in another location unknown to him
Your parent or anyone must not disclose the location to him.

From then henceforth he must look for a job and fed himself. Stop sending him money for food.

I will only advice you send money to someone you can trust that will accompany him to the nearest psychiatric hospital in the city for medical evaluation. He need some sort injection or recommend drugs that he will have to be taking according to the doctor prescription.

2 Likes

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by sonofElElyon: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz:
I never wanted to do this and this is a very embarrassing situation but I need help from nairaland users.

I have an older brother in his early 40s. Since I was a child till this very moment, this person has been a torn on the flesh of my parents and the family in general.

Sometime in 2020, with the help of my elder sister's husband ( the HR) we were able to find a job for him as a supervisor in a factory and then I and my immediate elder brother (another sibling of mine) contributed money and rented an apartment for him in Lagos and then bought some property to furnish the apartment. To our surprise, my elder brother starting forcing his sexual advances on junior female workers and if any of these girls reject his advances he would start threatening the girls that he would get them fired with the help of the HR (My sister's husband). Forunately my sister's husband found out what was going on and rejected my brother's request for the female workers to be sacked. This started a war between my elder brother and my sister and her husband.

Hope his plan is not to quicken your dad's demise so he could get the inheritance.... just thinking aloud

2 Likes

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by MrAgbako: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Restraining order? He should be in jail serving a long sentence but for some reason he is not. Go back to your sister's husband's factory, find all those women who he sexually assaulted and have them make a case against him. Hopefully,if you lot did to do due diligence to destroy evidence, na there police fit come bamboozle am go prison where he ought to remain until he grows up. undecided

The way Nigeria is, restraining order won't hold him back from tormenting those he wishes to torment. Prison for the actual crime he committed though will. undecided
πŸ˜‚ that person is not mentally balance. What do you think will happen in court?
Besides this is family matter o. The way una dey take sometimes dey always amaze me

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Housing(m): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2023
Get him arrested, prosecuted and secure a restraining order against him.

If he goes to jail for years before he returns change so many things that he can trace your parents with
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by fyzaila: 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So you will have his old mother spending her life praying because she be the only one wey born pikin for this life, while your pity only extends to the pops who probably had a hand in him growing up conceited? You people are wicked. undecided

Please point out where op mentioned his mother particularly. I made reference to his father because he only mentioned his father. Mind your words pls, and stick to the post and what is mentioned in it. How did you know his popsy had a hand in him growing up conceited? How did you come to that conclusion? Did op mentioned that?

If you don't have any reasonable contributions to make on a post, just waka pass.

2 Likes

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by dontrulee: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
talented321:
With my loud...
I once has a friend who when he wanted to die fight almost everyday..
Village people dey use ur brother head dance azonto in their temple...
Drastic measure' then involve the police na, and from my observation if u treat that guy carelessly and looseguard, somebody will go down in that family because he is desperate to die and will go down with anybody..

One day, this your loud go silence you. grin grin
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by okoroemeka(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
SeriouslySense:
That's so annoying, i dont really know how to approach that stubbornness.

Your parents deserve peace.

I know its expensive, it would have been better, if your parents stay in a place, he does not know about.
for me this is the best solution,I have seen such toxic people and ltaking drastic action will only fuel his rage and make him unpredictable which is not what you want with someone's that comes in close range of your elderly parents,just make arrangements and take your parents away

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by BigIyanga: 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Matrix137:
I think he needs deliverance

Take him to Mountain of fire. Or connect to Pastor Jerry Eze every morning on NSPPD.

What God cannot do doesn't exist

You'll surely come back with a testimony

Goodluck
No amount of deliverance can help him. Why didnt these pastors deliver us from Naira note scarcity, fuel scarcity, covid19?
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
MrAgbako:
πŸ˜‚ that person is not mentally balance. What do you think will happen in court?
Besides this is family matter o. The way una dey take sometimes dey always amaze me
There is nothing "family" about crime. undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Inyaky(f): 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
Your brother is not ok, at his age he's not responsible then I doubt he will ever be unless he's saved by God himself , apart from deliverance which is obvious he needs, pay a police officer to monitor him and to lock him up anytime he touches the old man, maybe that will calm him down. But if care is taken the same police may get tired of him and kill him,.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Sep 16, 2023
Inyaky:
Your brother is not ok, at his age he's not responsible then I doubt he will ever be unless he's saved by God himself , apart from deliverance which is obvious he needs, pay a police officer to monitor him and to lock him up anytime he touches the old man, maybe that will calm him down. But if care is taken the same police may get tired of him and kill him,.
So you are saying they should bribe police to monitor this man and lock him up? This as you claim he needs God to save Him? undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Evergreen4(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz:

If there's money, you guys should cajole him into traveling outside the country maybe any of these cheap European country so he can go far away from home. Make him go there make SAPA reset him brain.

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by agabusta: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz:

I believe he is also irredeemably trapped in Indian hemp smoking, womanising, alcohol and gambling.

Unfortunately, the only soothing words I can offer is that you are not alone in this frustration. I'm also still searching for a solution.

However, you need to find a way to take your parents away from him. God forbid, but if this continues, his troubles will reduce their lifespan and quality of life.

They should find somewhere to be going for a long stretch from time to time. The only negative side of this is that he'll sell the family house on one of those times they are not around, except if you have other strong members of the house living there.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by grafixdon: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2023
You'll always find someone like him in every family, why? Black sheep. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about this way of life.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2023
Evergreen4:
If there's money, you guys should cajole him into traveling outside the country maybe any of these cheap European country so he can go far away from home. Make him go there make SAPA reset him brain.
You mean prison? undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
grafixdon:
You'll always find someone like him in every family, why? Black sheep. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about this way of life.
We don't have any of that in my family though. lipsrsealed
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Coldie(m): 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2023
Matrix137:
I think he needs deliverance

Take him to Mountain of fire. Or connect to Pastor Jerry Eze every morning on NSPPD.

What God cannot do doesn't exist

You'll surely come back with a testimony

Goodluck
Una need to stop this blaming religion for things that can be solved with human sense.

That money they are wasting on him they should us it to hire security for the house or use it to settle the village vigilantee to keep him away from the family house

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by CJStarz: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2023
True life story, similar to your case.

My maternal uncle was deported from America in 2002. His sisters got a flat for him in another part of Lagos. Before you knew it, uncle started growing,(not grooming o) beards and bushy hair. He looked so tattered and unkempt, refusing all entreaties to shave and be clean. He became an embarrassment to the family. For almost two years,this persisted. He would not work,but come and see how was threatening and insulting his sisters, demanding for money., blowing his American accent .
My mom gave a suggestion. She asked my aunts to go to the nearby police station, explain their predicament to them and see what they will do.
My aunty did that. She greased their palms though.
Na im for one early morning like that, police come surround the compound. The landlord was pre-informed though. Because my uncle had a looooong beard,the police arrested him,on the allegation that he was a terrorist, another Osama bin laden.
Before my uncle knew what was happening, they bundled him inside the Hilux van and took him to the station. Now,e don clear uncle for eye say this place na Naija,no be USA. Police asked him to write a statement indicating that he was a terrorist in the area, a Naija version of Osama. He would be charged to court!
Na im my uncle begged and begged. He was given his phone to call his next of kins in Lagos as a proof he was not a terrorist. My uncle sharparly called his sisters who drove down to the station, pretending heavily.
There and then he signed an undertaking to shave his long beard, cut his hair and pick a job. He was asked to be reporting to the Station every Saturday for 3 months.
Na so my Uncle changed looks and became a gentleman 🀣🀣

So, for una case, police fit help una. Dem no go beat am o,but the 'allegation' wey dem go drop for im head go make him repent, like my uncle.

4 Likes

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by phemmyfour: 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz:

Put him in jail for a week, it will humble him
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by grafixdon: 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
We don't have any of that in my family though. lipsrsealed

Check very well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

X / Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? / My Husband Is Acting Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.