Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,454 members, 7,836,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents (12572 Views)

Help! My Older Brother May Frustrate My Mum 2 Death / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
grafixdon:
■ Check very well
We don't! undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by youngrichnigga: 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2023
Degenerate sums it up, this couldn't be good in any form and you have to be drastic in your actions or else he'll send the old man to his grave untimely. Have your people approach the NPF and effect his immediate ejection with a stern warning not to step within a kilometer of your pop's residence failure which will get him before a court as a trespasser and consequently some time in jail undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by BItt: 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2023
Bronxie:
Helinues is the supposed brother
haaaaa
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2023
BItt:
haaaaa
Stop following like a flea,you won't get any dime.

Rest!
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by BarrElChapo(m): 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz:
I never wanted to do this and this is a very embarrassing situation but I need help from nairaland users.

I have an older brother in his early 40s. Since I was a child till this very moment, this person has been a torn on the flesh of my parents and the family in general.

Sometime in 2020, with the help of my elder sister's husband ( the HR) we were able to find a job for him as a supervisor in a factory and then I and my immediate elder brother (another sibling of mine) contributed money and rented an apartment for him in Lagos and then bought some property to furnish the apartment. To our surprise, my elder brother starting forcing his sexual advances on junior female workers and if any of these girls reject his advances he would start threatening the girls that he would get them fired with the help of the HR (My sister's husband). Forunately my sister's husband found out what was going on and rejected my brother's request for the female workers to be sacked. This started a war between my elder brother and my sister and her husband.

My elder brother eventually left that company (note he wasn't fired he LEFT by himself) and went back to the village. When my father heard this he almost collapsed as he knew the trouble that was coming his way.

Since he returned to the village he started assaulting my parents and I had to send money (about 400,000) back to Nigeria for him to rent a flat just so he could leave my parents alone. My brother stayed in that apartment for 3 months then started fighting his landlord and then told his landlord he couldn't stay for the year and demanded some part of his rent back,he took his rent, returned to the village and picked up from where he left by fighting my father ( a very old man). Its so bad that my father sometimes leaves the house (The house that he built as a family house) and stays outside for hours before returning home.

Please do we have restraining order laws in Nigeria and is there a particular police division in the Nigerian police or legal system that can be used to address an issue such as this?

I'm tired and I'm considering taking a drastic and extremely aggressive decision to resolve this situation once and for all.

Take your parents out of the scene, let your brother set the set the house ablaze if he wants, stop wasting money on him.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by BItt: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
Bronxie:

Rest!

Just found your post funny
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by SeriouslySense(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2023
Abi, that would be the best, they should be somewhere else enjoying their old age.

And he has nothing to loss, so he can become worse or a danger to their lives.

He want to drag everybody with him to the pit.

okoroemeka:
for me this is the best solution,I have seen such toxic people and ltaking drastic action will only fuel his rage and make him unpredictable which is not what you want with someone's that comes in close range of your elderly parents,just make arrangements and take your parents away
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by sylve11: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

don't have that habit

I ain't the cause of your misfortune. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by grafixdon: 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
We don't! undecided

Check your extended family
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
grafixdon:
■ Check your extended family
I already told you we don't. undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by grafixdon: 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I already told you we don't. undecided

Check the history of the family... No family without a black 🐑 sheep
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
grafixdon:
■ Check the history of the family... No family without a black 🐑 sheep
Which history again? if currently, there are no black sheep in the family, doesn't that mean there are no black sheep in the family? undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by GodWrites: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

Maybe in your community
in mine the opposite is the case
All the first borns are leaders

Nigerians sometimes reason like subhuman

Very illogical and superstitious.
In your entire life since the day you were born have you followed the lives of 10000 first borns up till age 40? Compared to the billions of first borns in the world?

When you engage your brain you would realise how stupid you sound .

But then using the brain is a habit and most people don't have that habit

Hahahah... If you start following NDler's mouth, you will be frustrated with anger. You forget that a large percentage of the human population are stupid. In Nigeria, that number could be 90%. It's a curse to be intelligent and logical, cause you end up feeling secluded. The reason the country is in shambles is because these same stupid people are the ones recycling stupid people based on tribal sentiments.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by grandstar(m): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz

Your brother is a shameless entitled brat. Prison is the only option for him. You have to be unsentimental at one point, though he is family.

He knows he can get away with murder because you're family. This has to change.

Under the Mosaic law, a Jewish parent could disown a child.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by grafixdon: 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which history again? if currently, there are no black sheep in the family, doesn't that mean there are no black sheep in the family? undecided

You're stubborn
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
grafixdon:
■ You're stubborn
You wish for me to lie in order that you might pretend to be right? undecided
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Evergreen4(m): 8:15pm On Sep 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You mean prison? undecided
if he goes there and commit crime, then he will do the jail term there
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by murphyrichy(m): 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
Am a law enforcement agent, I can authoritatively tell you that your brother is under the influence of drugs, i.e Mkpurummiri or Kolos etc. There are so many ways to treat this problem, which state does ur brother reside? If u are on watsapp, we chat via calls to give you tips on how to solve it shaa.

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by frozen70(f): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tetrisbiz:
I never wanted to do this and this is a very embarrassing situation but I need help from nairaland users.

I have an older brother in his early 40s. Since I was a child till this very moment, this person has been a torn on the flesh of my parents and the family in general.

Sometime in 2020, with the help of my elder sister's husband ( the HR) we were able to find a job for him as a supervisor in a factory and then I and my immediate elder brother (another sibling of mine) contributed money and rented an apartment for him in Lagos and then bought some property to furnish the apartment. To our surprise, my elder brother starting forcing his sexual advances on junior female workers and if any of these girls reject his advances he would start threatening the girls that he would get them fired with the help of the HR (My sister's husband). Forunately my sister's husband found out what was going on and rejected my brother's request for the female workers to be sacked. This started a war between my elder brother and my sister and her husband.

My elder brother eventually left that company (note he wasn't fired he LEFT by himself) and went back to the village. When my father heard this he almost collapsed as he knew the trouble that was coming his way.

Since he returned to the village he started assaulting my parents and I had to send money (about 400,000) back to Nigeria for him to rent a flat just so he could leave my parents alone. My brother stayed in that apartment for 3 months then started fighting his landlord and then told his landlord he couldn't stay for the year and demanded some part of his rent back,he took his rent, returned to the village and picked up from where he left by fighting my father ( a very old man). Its so bad that my father sometimes leaves the house (The house that he built as a family house) and stays outside for hours before returning home.

Please do we have restraining order laws in Nigeria and is there a particular police division in the Nigerian police or legal system that can be used to address an issue such as this?

I'm tired and I'm considering taking a drastic and extremely aggressive decision to resolve this situation once and for all.

He will soon commit an offense that will lead him to jail

Where he will suffer and those people he is tormenting will have peace
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by emmanuelbrown26: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2023
Inyaky:
Your brother is not ok, at his age he's not responsible then I doubt he will ever be unless he's saved by God himself , apart from deliverance which is obvious he needs, pay a police officer to monitor him and to lock him up anytime he touches the old man, maybe that will calm him down. But if care is taken the same police may get tired of him and kill him,.
Lolsssssssssss nairaland is just a crazy place
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by isabi2lof: 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2023
Maybe he's not happy seeing his younger ones doing well than him or he has mental issue.

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by gafaardy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
Engage a legal practitioner to help you write a petition to the police after which your brother will be invited or arrested and made to write an undertaking to not disturb/threaten your father any longer will behave. Should he persist after his undertaking he could be charged to court. In the alternative, an application could be filed in court to restraint him. You may reach out to me for further details

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Gamesmart: 12:10am On Sep 17, 2023
Tetrisbiz:

Your parents have failed at raising him and they got their result.

What now do you want us to do?

You are there busy sending N400K for a useless soul and you are asking for advice.

Which yeye useless advice do you want?

If you people cannot discard and abandon him, that is your problem and carry this problem for your heads.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by BALLOSKI: 2:10am On Sep 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I have a brother like that before.
Now he is doing fine.
Don't blame your brother.
Your brother is mentally and emotionally traumatised.
Police torture won't solve it..
I believe your brother is a cultist, who smoke and do drug.
Your brother is a potential great man...
Let him learn handwork or if you have money send him out of the country
a man of over 40 years who has failed at the basic task of living peacefully with his parents is the person you want sent abroad or taught handwork? What if he goes to foreign land and start harassing women and he's jailed forever?

That guy deserves to be in the psychiatry.

4 Likes

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by BALLOSKI: 2:18am On Sep 17, 2023
Tetrisbiz:

i'd have suggested you hire vigilantes to watch over him and make sure they deal with him and protect your parents from him, but that might lead him to hurt your parents.

May God protect your parents. They surely have a potential killer as a son and he might end up harming them.

Report to your traditional ruler and they should invite him and involve the youths and the police; he should be made to sign an undertaking that if he's seen creating any trouble for his parents or to outsiders n the whole of the community, he'd be expelled.

There must be someone he fears a lot, try and involve that person in the meeting.

Again, he's never been married?
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by sunsweet33: 6:15am On Sep 17, 2023
MrAgbako:
my brother. Pls leave the house in the village for him. He sees that house as his own or perhaps his last hope because he don't have plans to build his own house. He spent money extravagantly and he has mental disorder. He probably an hyperactive person and stubborn one as well.

Here is my advice. Rent an apartment for your parent in another location unknown to him
Your parent or anyone must not disclose the location to him.

From then henceforth he must look for a job and fed himself. Stop sending him money for food.

I will only advise you send money to someone you can trust that will accompany him to the nearest psychiatric hospital in the city for medical evaluation. He need some sort injection or recommend drugs that he will have to be taking according to the doctor prescription.

This is what I wanted to write. See how the man just zoomed back to the parents house to start harassing them again, chai.

Leave the house for him and let him sort himself out. And the psychiatric Advice is also on point but will probably be rather costly.

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by sunsweet33: 6:18am On Sep 17, 2023
sonofElElyon:

Hope his plan is not to quicken your dad's demise so he could get the inheritance.... just thinking aloud

But as a 40 something man why would you be perching like a vulture waiting for your parents to die…can’t you have vision for yourself Ah ahn

1 Like

Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by sonofElElyon: 6:31am On Sep 17, 2023
sunsweet33:

But as a 40 something man why would you be perching like a vulture waiting for your parents to die…can’t you have vision for yourself Ah ahn
Unfortunately some people are like that
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by kingthreat(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2023
It is like there's a spirit that wants to use your brother to be a torture to his family members. Please take a drastic action involving the police. Let him be given a restraining order and if that order is broken, he goes to detention. Simple. From the way you are talking, it is obvious your elder brother is into drugs. Please don't bother talking reason to him. People that are into drugs and naturally violent tend to want to bring down anyone close to them. Thank your stars you are out of the country.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Gajagojo: 8:22am On Sep 17, 2023
sylve11:

I ain't the cause of your misfortune. cool
but You are the cause and sustainer of yours
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by kingthreat(m): 8:42am On Sep 17, 2023
omoredia:
Truth be told. The same parent spoiled him from a young age. What you are experiencing is now new and very common with first born males as their mother usually spoils them from a young age giving them that entitlement mentality.

Very wrong. So the parents spoilt him and didn't spoil the OP or his sister? Simply pray for good children and that one's children never get to use drugs.
Re: Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents by Juniorangel(m): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2023
Stop doing anything for that brother of your's first, let hunger reset his brain, then take your old man away from the village if possible rent an apartment for him, this is just temporary, let your brother stay alone only in the village let's see if he will cause more problems, when you rent an apartment for your old man make sure your older bro does not know the address or else he will come and cause more problems. Just keep him away from family members his brain will reset.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

X / Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? / My Husband Is Acting Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.