Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires (14749 Views)

Tobi Amusan: AIU Files Appeal To Court Of Arbitration For Sports / Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal / Blessing Okagbare Banned For 10 Years Over Doping - AIU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by HonNL: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
The 30-day period of appeal opened to the Athletic Integrity Unit (AIU) to contest World Athletics’ lifting of the provisional ban on Tobi Amusan lapsed yesterday with no sign of the Nigerian going through another waiting period.

Amusan was suspended for three whereabouts failures. She won two of the three cases listed against her, however, the Disciplinary tribunal cleared her on August 17.

The 30-day period of appeal open to the Athletic Integrity Unit (AIU) to contest World Athletics’ lifting of the provisional ban on Tobi Amusan elapsed yesterday. This means the Nigerian, who holds the world record in 100 metres women hurdles, is free to continue on er career.

The suspension on Amusan was lifted two days to the Budapest 2023 World Championships by a three-man panel set up by World Athletics to review the AIU action. But the AIU expressed its disappointment with the verdict and vowed to review the reasoning in detail before deciding whether to exercise its right of appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) within the applicable deadline.

AIU Head, Brett Clothier, also indicated the Monaco-based body would appeal the decision. The deadline has now expired. AIU’s David Howman also told reporters at the last World Athletics Championships in Budapest: “We have some concern that it might set a precedent which will be difficult for future.”

With the expiration of the deadline yesterday, Amusan is now a free athlete. She is already in Oregon to battle for the top prize in the lucrative Diamond League final.

It was not clear, yesterday, if the Ogun State-born Amusan will seek legal action against AIU for the suspension, which destabilised her preparation for Budapest 2023, where she finished sixth in the 100m hurdles final.

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7807228/disciplinary-tribunal-clears-amusan-doping#125178618

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by TemplarLandry: 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2023
cool
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by ONEjoblessGUY: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2023
Good.......

The girl's finally free from all the"white frustrating albinos".........

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by crossfm: 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
Useless and envious people.

Now that she has lost her world title,you people are talking about clearing her.

I knew they were after her just for nothing sake. They achieved their mission, making sure she didn't retain her title.

She was wrecked emotionally before a major competition.

She must come back strong and remind them that black doesn't crack.

I pray she comes back stronger.

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
Good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by BigDawsNet: 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
Goodluck Tobi

4 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by D2cool: 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Good the girl's finally free from all the"white frustrating albinos".........
I swear

4 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by amalgram69: 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2023
Enjoy you new found enjoyment. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by yewit37486: 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
Our very own star girl! Dem won dull her star, but dem no go succeed.

9 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by callmevirus(m): 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
Congrats agba runner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by Iamdboss: 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
The white never believe in black race. They always find faults to bring them down.
Congrats omo ologo 5g

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by King3urna(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2023
Jah is with you eje mi
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by BobbieZion(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool

🐮🐮
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2023
Best wishes to her moving forward. She’ll be stronger and wiser from this experience

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by davit: 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2023
It was all a ploy to destabilise her career. God pass them.

7 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by atobs4real(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2023
Thank God for her.
She will definitely proff herself
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2023
But they successfully frustrated her and made her lose the last race... Over nothing! 😣

I'm glad Tobi fought back and stood her ground.

8 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2023
Good to hear that.
All the best ahead, Tobi.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by Skyehigher1: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2023
Envy is killing the white they are more racist than African

5 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by Segzy19: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2023
They have already achieved their aim anyway...

We sabi stuffs like that already

3 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by datola: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2023
congratulations Tobi!

Challenges everywhere in life...

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by bassdow: 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2023
hjh
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by israelmao(m): 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2023
After they caused distractions that led to her not retaining her title at Budapest.

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by bassdow: 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2023
Toneyo:
If you have the means now, please leave while you can. I was like you back in 2015 and 2016. I'm regretting why I didnt leave then in 2015 and another opportunity in 2016.

I'm findind it very hard now since 2021 to leave. Please, leave if you can now. You wont regret it. Dont bite your fingers in regret like I'm doing now.

...how you know I wouldn't reGret it ? Especially since you know nothing about me.

#theGrassOftenAppearGreenerAtTheOtherSide

ican2020:

Envy is everywhere but pray that Nigeria don’t happen to you just look at the young musician that died few days ago and the story surrounding his death najia just happened to him
Well, it's happened to me a couple of times. Just didn't take my life. In this life eh, wether you stay on your own or not, TROUBLE would find You one way or the other.
in fact it's way SAFEr living in the midst of those financially better than you are. Most would hate you for no just cause just because the Garri you drinking appear to have groundnut in it. it doesn't matter if it's just 3-seeds of groundnut sef. I'm begining to understand why most would run to highBrow areas the moment they are able to struggle to afford afford one.
Don't think being a cheerful giver makes much difference. they still would devour you the slightest opportunity they've got.

2 Likes

unLike most people seriously interested in leaving the shores of this country, don't know why I've never had such urge despite having had the opportunity 3-times with 2 all expense paid.
Hopefully, when I finally do have such urge, lemme not find it difficult Oooo
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by Skillsnigeria: 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
smiley
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by baralatie(m): 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
Congratulations to her
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by Juju70(m): 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
bigadler:
But they successfully frustrated her and made her lose the last race... Over nothing! 😣

Na so oyibo be! If you know you know. Bas tards!
Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by Felix6: 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
Tobi stay away from known drug kingpin in the country otherwise you will remain a suspect.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan "Free" As 30-day Deadline For AIU's Appeal Expires by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2023
Amusan was suspended for three whereabouts failures. She won two of the three cases listed against her, however, the Disciplinary tribunal cleared her on August 17.
We pray she gets cleared totally.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cortana Predicts Germany To Beat Brazil In The World Cup 2014 Semi-Final Clash / Why I Didn't Dance Unclad - Enyeama / Nigeria Flamingos Arrive India Ahead Of 2022 U-17 Women World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.