Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime (41395 Views)

10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / 10 Cars That Can Easily Take You Above 320,000 Kilometers - Consumer Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ Don't generalize o. By the way, Slawormi will disagree. The so-called Yahoo boys go for the later models, at least from 2008.
casualobserver:

Official car of yahoo boys, along with rx350, is250 and ML. You see a young man in these cars especially if it has any form of modifications, 100% guaranteed, you just sighted a yahoo boy.

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by Rhozabeth(m): 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2023
The essence of this post is seriously defeated by adding Gold and BMW to the mix! People wey nor know now go thi k saty those cars are good cars. They are not , I can confirm that to anybody!
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by skywalker240(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Can you be more specific about the Bedford? Which year and which model? And the Nissan Vanette; do you vouch for all the models produced since 1978?
1978 Yes

Bedford 1938
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by DJInfluence: 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2023
NwaNimo1:
You forgot Innoson IVM G80.....My ride!

Have you seen one quench ?........Racist!
grin
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
Okay, I'll check it out. And the Bedford; which type exactly? They had buses and trucks across many years of production.
skywalker240:

1978 Yes

Bedford 1938
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by triangulation: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2023
Camry Orobo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
Finally, πŸ˜ƒ. I knew someone might object to the Bimmer due to the stereotype. As a matter of fact, the E21 and E30 BMW are very reliable. Whatever they tell you about the German machine that's typically expensive to own, count the E21 out of that lump. It's a very enduring compact car.
Rhozabeth:
The essence of this post is seriously defeated by adding Gold and BMW to the mix! People wey nor know now go thi k saty those cars are good cars. They are not , I can confirm that to anybody!

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by Caleb15(m): 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2023
Were is molue or bo le ka ja(911)

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2023
Well, we'll know more about IVMs in time, before we can crown them with such lifetime honor 😜.
DJInfluence:
grin

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2023
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ. Molue drivers aren't exactly smiling about those buses, are they?
Caleb15:
Were is molue or bo le ka ja(911)

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by casualobserver: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
jamesversion:

Hmmmmm. Imagine what you wrote.

Am I lying?

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by Tohmey(m): 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2023
Lols. . .
Old tins, are pass away.
The era of this motors are gone.
Only the lexus es300 & 2005 Accord is still trending
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ruggedtimi(m): 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
No 9/3 i accept

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by casualobserver: 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2023
ibinaboonline:
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ Don't generalize o. By the way, Slawormi will disagree. The so-called Yahoo boys go for the later models, at least from 2008.
In fact you have identified them exactly. Nobody doing legitimate business goes to a legitimate organization to transact business with those sort of cars. They are not hard to identify especially the ones that paint their wheels black or put on dodgy alloys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by babajero(m): 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
lendahand:
Honda has not that kind of durability oo
that means you haven't seen old model cr-v and old model Accord and civic.

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by riches4me(m): 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
I've been using this for 12yrs now

2 Likes

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by EXOUSIAng: 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2023
JustPowerApps:
cheesy Looks like Op is stuck with oldskool wheels.

I prefer something modern, and formidable not bro-ke men's paradise like the ones Op listed.
You kids.
You obviously don't understand what OP meant by last a life time.
You just run go dey do chuchuchu....
He wasn't talking about cars that you prefer.

3 Likes

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by Timothy89(m): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2023
flexyrule:
I think you should replace the Honda Accord with Mazda 323.

If there's any Honda I could consider, it should be the 1998 and 2003 Honda Civic.

the Honda civic? what about the pulling out of tyres of Honda, hope it doesn't affect them?
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2023
ibinaboonline:
If you think any of these vehicles do not belong here, speak your mind and give me your reason(s).
if to say I no see dat Golf 2 there, me & u 4 put leg 4 same trouser...

Good job!
πŸ‘
cool

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2023
Lonestar124:
Any young guy or lady driving these cars above deserve to be flog mercilessly...

This cars should be park for historical archive.

Happy Sunday my fellow nairalanders..
I drive a Golf 2 & no single plan of ditching it in d next 100yrs...

Jokes on u!
angry

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by windvane(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Some cheap cars can bankrupt you with repairs and maintenance costs.

https://www.carsandhorsepower.com/featured/15-most-expensive-cars-to-own

what I meant by cheap cars is the caption....simple put Cheap cars that can last a life time.....
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2023
jamesversion:

Hmmmmm. Imagine what you wrote.
shey u are a yahoo boi niyen?
grin

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by Babaibeji2020(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2023
Lonestar124:
Any young guy or lady driving these cars above deserve to be flog mercilessly...

That's the wanna be mentality that's killing small-small boys ......
....you watch white guys salvage 1930 cars & still brew it to ice........
When i handled a job some years back at a flow station in Bayelsa, the Korean guys from Daewoo company were going about with button fones & not so fanciful laptops but they built the super pipeline trunking system and were paid in good dollars. The drivers and casual laborers, who had nothing really tangible to input,could be paid off at anytime, paid in naira, were the ones carrying iphones,tablets,pods and all sorts of fancy gadgets. Being trendy or exotic doesn't make it durable....most like us go for durability...

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2023
Good point. Although they're still that costly because of their commercial use. Same thing with Keke tricycles these days. Almost 2 million naira for a new Keke. Can you believe that?
verybadmouth:
Why will you ever forget to add

1980 volkswagen vanagon

Tokunbo still sells for N5,000,000
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
πŸ˜ƒ no argument there.
Bushbama:
The only cars that last a lifetime are Legediz Benz & Legzus, they stay with you till death.

They're made by God Himself, other cars are man made.

🦡🏾🦡🏾
🦢🏾🦢🏾
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
That's true.
hollaryincar:
Volkswagen Transporter suppose dey your list
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
It's that "S" as in "Sport" I see on the trunk ? 😁 Anyway, I'm glad you love your Baby Boy, but not everyone is fond of this car's reliability.
OmoAseleGege:
If you don’t include 1998 Corolla (AKA okere ju owo e lo) then your list is yet to be completed
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2023
You're forming a reader and yet you couldn't even read the intro. You should've at least read the intro before commenting.
Trojan8:
How did this shit make front page? No analysis, nothing on why they would last. Just vibes and Insha Allah.
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2023
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ. Okay o.
Your choice is apt, though. I admit that. According to CoPilotSearch, Mercedes G-Wagons are some of the most durable and long-lasting vehicles out there. You can get almost 500,000 miles on some of them, and most G-Wagons will last twenty years if cared for properly. If you make the leap and pour your cash into a Mercedes G-Wagon, you can feel comforted knowing it will last a long time.

JustPowerApps:
cheesy Looks like Op is stuck with oldskool wheels.

I prefer something modern, and formidable not bro-ke men's paradise like the ones Op listed.

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2023
The information you seek is at the bottom of the post. Just click the link.
tetralogyfallot:
I stopped reading the article as I did not see the real deal. Is it fuel economy? Is it cheap parts? Is it durability? Is it dependability? This beast has it all.
Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜. I'm disappointed. You didn't even think of modding them?
Lonestar124:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mercedes’ ₦71m AMG G 63 Battles It Out With Suzuki’s ₦7.6m Jimny / Innoson Shares 1000 Bags Of Rice, Gifts Anambra An Ambulance- PICTURES / Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.