Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime (41393 Views)

10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / 10 Cars That Can Easily Take You Above 320,000 Kilometers - Consumer Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by LZAA: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2023
pharmow:
What kind of dumb list is this that doesn't have old Volkswagen beetle (A car produced in 1930s and 1940s) and still in use till date. Also no Volkswagen vanagon, the popular model vehicle for danfo that goes through unimaginable cruelty in the hands of Danfo drivers and never dies. SMH undecided
As for the beetle i would say no
That hammer therapy has reduced it's usage😄
The danfo is still popular and rugged worldwide so spot on👍

1 Like

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
Here it is. The DeLorean Alpha5. Estimated to cost about $145,000.
Awesome01:

That would be nice. It's the car of the past, the present and the future.

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by skywalker240(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Okay, I'll check it out. And the Bedford; which type exactly? They had buses and trucks across many years of production.
You know the one we call gedu? grin

Those ones you see in sawmills and forest used by lumber Men back then (indomie kids will not know)

Something similar to this

2 Likes

Re: Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime by ibinaboonline: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2023
The list is not based on models we feel we see more often on the road. Our selections are based on owner reviews, consumer reports, and reliability indexes. We trust resources like Consumer Reports, JD Power, CoPilotSearch, etc. For example, type "2005 Honda Accord reliability rating" on your browser and see what turns up in your search results.
Originalsly:
I totally disagree with the 2005 Honda Accord and to a lesser extent... VW Golf.... these two definitely shouldn't be on the list. Despite the Accord being the latest on the market .... I rarely see that car which tells me it is not durable. The VW Golf... that's a very rare sight. I see 1994 Corolla more often than both of them combined. I994/1998 Corolla should be on the list. 1997 - 2000 Camry .... Pencil Light ... how can that not be on the list? This one should be number 1.... still on the road being manhandled by drivers with little regards for maintenance.

96 and 97 Camry .... still on the road.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mercedes’ ₦71m AMG G 63 Battles It Out With Suzuki’s ₦7.6m Jimny / Innoson Shares 1000 Bags Of Rice, Gifts Anambra An Ambulance- PICTURES / Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.