Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Why Do You Smoke? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do You Smoke? (6678 Views)

Do You Smoke????? Then View This Photos / 11 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Smoke / Do You Smoke Weed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Smoke? by claremont(m): 11:31pm On Oct 28, 2011
I smoked for 7 years before I quit 2 years ago. I smoked to relieve stress and tension, and it helped me cope with pressure.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by mikron(m): 12:04am On Oct 29, 2011
peer pressure. the i want to belong syndrome
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by babaowo: 12:06am On Oct 29, 2011
people smoke cos                                                                                       1, its from ppl gene                                                                                   2, curse.3, environmetal influence, gang, later becomes addict.  Solutions: 1,prayer, determination. 3, avoid smoker's gathering.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by femmy2010(m): 12:12am On Oct 29, 2011
Everyday millions of Nigerians are smoking cigarettes. But why? We all know that smoking is bad for us, there's no denying it. So why is it that these millions of people continue to smoke? Why do people smoke in general? I highly doubt all of them smoke without some sort of reasoning behind it. Most people have some sort of logical reason as to why they smoke. I do agree that smoking is really bad for you but I also believe that we shouldn't ram our opinions down other peoples throats, so I will keep this "Why Do you Smoke" as unbiased as possible.
Even with the addiction of nicotine, there are psychological reasons of why people smoke.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 29, 2011
d
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by femmy2010(m): 12:27am On Oct 29, 2011
Why Do People Start To Smoke? they often start in their teens out of Curiosity and maybe to seem Maturity

Why Do People Continue To Smoke? To ease Stress and counter Loneliness

Why Do People Quit Smoking? advent of Sickness or pressure from the Family,abi?
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by makonko(m): 12:28am On Oct 29, 2011
But smoke what in particular cigarette weed shit?
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by femmy2010(m): 12:35am On Oct 29, 2011
makonko:

But smoke what in particular cigarette weed poo?

All of the above.Lol
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by cchampme(m): 1:29am On Oct 29, 2011
it's simple now, for pleasure or medical purposes. grin
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by seedord247(m): 1:39am On Oct 29, 2011
femmy2010:

Why Do People Start To Smoke? they often start in their teens out of Curiosity and maybe to seem Maturity

Why Do People Continue To Smoke? To ease Stress and counter Loneliness

Why Do People Quit Smoking? advent of Sickness or pressure from the Family,abi?

Egbon mi.

The last time i ask this kweshun in Time Square . . . na Very Ethical Blow i receive for Jaw.

when the NYPD police officers intervene them tell me say me self pass my Boundary.

So leave those pple that smoke . . they have their own reason for it ok.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Gbenge77(m): 2:17am On Oct 29, 2011
No chance.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by WebSurfer(m): 3:01am On Oct 29, 2011
dont smoke cigarettes cox of the effects but the much more advance one, no effects, only gives good and fast thinking, inspiration, the real men knows what am talking about
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Nymphnode(m): 3:11am On Oct 29, 2011
I read somewhere that marijuana is medicinal
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by ogaju007(m): 4:10am On Oct 29, 2011
babaowo:

people smoke cos 1, its from ppl gene 2, curse.3, environmetal influence, gang, later becomes addict. Solutions: 1,prayer, determination. 3, avoid smoker's gathering.

This question is somewhat daft, Its a case of you being judgemental. Its like me asking you why you donate money in church knowingfully well that your pstor will use the money to enrich himself. If you want to know what people derive from smoking, why not try it (experiment). Theres a possibility you might like it grin. I don't drink stout cause i dont like the taste but hey, a lot of people like it so what exactly is your point?
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by ogaju007(m): 4:14am On Oct 29, 2011
babaowo:

people smoke cos                                                                                       1, its from ppl gene                                                                                   2, curse.3, environmetal influence, gang, later becomes addict.  Solutions: 1,prayer, determination. 3, avoid smoker's gathering.

This question is somewhat daft, Its a case of you being judgemental. Its like me asking you why you donate money in church knowingfully well that your pstor will use the money to enrich himself. If you want to know what people derive from smoking, why not try it (experiment). Theres a possibility you might like it  grin. I don't drink stout cause i dont like the taste but hey, a lot of people like it so what exactly is your point?
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by femmy2010(m): 6:28am On Oct 29, 2011
ogaju007:

This question is somewhat daft,  Its a case of you being judgemental. Its like me asking you why you donate money in church knowingfully well that your pstor will use the money to enrich himself. If you want to know what people derive from smoking, why not try it (experiment). Theres a possibility you might like it  grin. I don't drink stout cause i dont like the taste but hey, a lot of people like it so what exactly is your point?

the question is not daft my broda.Ever heard smokers are liable to die young?yet peeps happily smoke.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Nyntynplus: 7:04am On Oct 29, 2011
D head witout smoke iz jst lyk an empty carton, it mks me feel relaxed mind infact better i smoke than 2 chase gurlz,
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by desertboom(m): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2011
This question is not a bad one. What I see every where is guilty conscience, people can't give better reason because no reason is good enough rather they pick offense because there is no better way to explain. I've never met a single soul that can give me good reason, the only answer I often get is; because of stress, I want to get high, it inspire me think better, it makes me feel good, the list goes on. All this are silly reasons to me. Smokers stop taking it judgemental, give us your reasons, why won't you be proud of what you like doing? Why won't you give us your reasons? Why pick offense?
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by femmy2010(m): 7:39am On Oct 29, 2011
Nyntynplus:

D head witout smoke iz jst lyk an empty carton, it mks me feel relaxed mind infact better i smoke than 2 chase gurlz,

This is exactly what the thread aim to know.Why people smoke.
Thanks my bruva.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by chidyke77(m): 8:50am On Oct 29, 2011
I started smoking when i was still in my adolescent age and it continued till i decided to put an end to it five yrs ago.
It all started wen i was living in a school hostel and the toilet is noting to write home abt,i then made it a habit that anytime i went inside there that i must go wt my lighter and a stick of cigarette in order to substain the ordour. It then became a habit after i hv left school to the point that i couldn't even pass out excreter(poo) wtout smoking even in a clean environment. I almost lost my job because of ths when my superior noticed that d toilet that i just made use of was smelling cigarette and he couldn't make use of it coz he doesn't smoke and i was given a memo for it.
I thank God that am now free coz i learnt my lesson bt quiting wasn't easy because i had to substitute that cigarette wt another stuf whch i finally did wt tom tom and gradually drop the tom tom too.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Sike(m): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2011
When i think about the danger in Smoking, i quit thinking!
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by kayalla(f): 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2011
Wat a topic for front page.
Pple smoke becos they eat and drink.
Gbaski!!!
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Xionez(m): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2011
I smoke because i havent figured a way to put of my AC. smiley

Just kidding grin
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by danny212: 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2011
Because i love it. It takes me to where i want to be
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Ekiti1: 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2011
Simple answa: peeps smoke cos they want to die young. Abi?
No be dem say smokers go ðíè yòúñg?
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Ekiti1: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2011
Simple answa: peeps smoke cos they want to die young. Abi?
No be dem say smokers go ðíè yòúñg?
Lol:-)
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by cynthiafred67(f): 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2011
danny212:

Because i love it. It takes me to where i want to be

Hmmmmmmm like ur grave?
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by ogaju007(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2011
femmy2010:

the question is not daft my broda.Ever heard smokers are liable to die young?yet peeps happily smoke.

grin grin grin Ok no worries, you live forever grin grin
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Chuksxp: 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2011
I don't mean to be offensive but the truth does hurt. It's an addiction for most people. They're slaves to it but they don't even know.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by Knob: 11:42am On Nov 03, 2011
I smoke because I feel that it is like my food and if I don't smoke I lost my temper and remain disturbed. I tried many time to quit it but every time it ends in a failure.
Re: Why Do You Smoke? by makonko(m): 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2011
smoking is always a pleasure

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh / Ogun Ose Oshole Owo Todaju / COVID-19 Update For March 4 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.